Al Kasava Portal closing Time

Larissa

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to AK. Players know when portal closes and will switch accordingly if they want. Mostly they will switch for urka if their faction isn't going to get it and then help take LS. At least that is what I would do if I was to do it. Why fight a losing battle just to watch other people get loot that you have no hope of getting because they pull Urka into guards that are so OP that fighting in them with low numbers is futile.

I agree with moving the time portal closes due to players who dc after. Frustrating myself on this last tuesday/wednesday ak to have been dc'd just as I was trying to stop RG player from getting away with the flag and then I can't get back in to help my faction. Yes, I postponed entering with my RG player hoping to get back in with my FK player, but the glitchiness of the log in and getting password and ID invalid window showing every attempt stopped me from making it back into the game in time to enter AK again. RG ended up winning that Battle, but I was hopping to finish the fight on the FK side since the PvP was going so well.

I would also like to suggest lowering the damage output of the guards still for the 100th time that people keep saying they need a nerf. I am not the only one and I can go through the forum and post quote after quote of people who keep saying it and even take screen shots of it in game. It really is stupid that just passing through those guards and your HP is dropped in half.

8 hours ago, NoRunNoGun said:

One think i would suggest to those who do get dc when ak is almost at the end. Close the game and reopen it few mins before the mark of when portal closes. Most likely you won't get dc after it. 

lol, I DC 5 min before the portal closes and I got ID and Password invalid for the next 5 min of attempts to log back in. If by chance I do happen to get back in before portal closes I have again DC'd later after the portal closes.  This option you give has no guarantee that closing the game and reopening it before the portal closes would mean that we won't DC again before the end of AK. I myself and I know of other who have experienced well over 5 DC's during the AK battle. I don't see a problem personally with players switching sides last minute either, is the loot reward that rewarding to safe guard it from players who wish to switch sides? I mean look at the balance inside of AK, is players going to the other side really going to cause so much imbalance that PvP inside AK going sway the winning side that much? Like take today for instance, 10RG vs 23FK, would gaining 5 more FK and losing 5 more RG really going to tip the scale too much in favor of the FK as if the 10RG had that much of a chance to win in the first place? Even if the balance was 15 vs 15, I know most players would stay and fight it out because if one was to switch on one side and another player on the opposing side decided to switch too you are left with still 15 vs 15. Many are asking to leave it open longer and close it later, though I say why close it at all?

The 2 most valuable items from AK winning are the 2 SG, but even then for me I don't need them really. But if it means gearing more people coming into the game and helping them out so they have a fighting chance, wouldn't it be worth doing if we can have numbers increase and stay up with new players? Besides from what I understand the more new players there are the more people who need AP items, also the more players make more characters also need to give these new characters AP items, both of which will increase revenue for the game am I right? Just think on that for a second and consider implications for keeping the gate open vs closing it. If I was a new player and experiencing a constant DC during AK and then not being able to get reward after several battles because I dc and portal closes, how long would I as a new player keep playing if what I need can't happen because of a poor connection quality regardless of it being on my end or server end? I personally would get frustrated and stop playing because why keep playing if you can't really play because of the DC? Just think about it. 

I didn't say it's guarantee you won't dc again, i said most likely you won't. For the balance inside AK I won't talk because we all know how many looters they are, that changed toons from fk side to rg side for months now to get the loots. So i won't agree with that kind of suggestion of letting portal open till the end either. For disconnection issues we have talked many times how sb reacts with poor/not stable internets.