So I know that this is a veteran server.  How can it NOT be with Aeria disowning their exhibitionist problem child; we are lucky that VGN fostered the game to keep playing.  But the problem with any veteran game is that inflation has almost destroyed any chance for new players to survive long enough to keep playing. For example - consider the prices for gamma items.  Sure, 25g doesn't seem too bad for a veteran player that just sold that uni accessory for 10k.  But for the new player just starting out, they might not have 25g to spend, much less 25g six times and 100g+ for shoes.  So the new player has to suffer through playing and leveling with the base gear, getting abused in BGs and barely surviving the quest requirements.  Now take it up a notch to Deltas and the new player might spend most of their gold to buy a delta weapon and then the rest of their gold buying a uni laser scanner, and forget about leveling up that weapon.  This issue is only compounded by avarice - its not uncommon for a selfish, greedy player to buy out all the unique laser scanners around 100g and then resell them for 125g.  I see it all the time and not only with uni scanners.  This is exactly what is ruining this game.  Drain every possible bronze from a new player before they realize that its not possible to gear up and buy items that might make them competitive enough to keep playing.

There is one simple rule that most players are not considering - their prospective buyers.  Everyone that posts an item on the AH prices it hoping that a veteran player with a bronze short of 1 million gold is going to buy their item for an alt.  But isn't that counter-intuitive?  Wouldn't a veteran player be able to farm the item in question.  And most veteran players know better than to pay AH prices, but they will shout their WTB for days to get the item at a price they are willing to pay.

So to all you veteran players frustrated with the apathy overtaking this game - take on an apprentice.  All you new players - try and shout stating what you need and what you can afford.  And all you greedy idiots - I hope you choke on all of your marked up resells.

Game now gives pretty good gears for free when you reach level 20 and level 30: if I'm not wrong, they give same stats as the normal ones, they are just not tradable and they can enhance max +8. But +8 is more than enough for people who just need to farm some dungeons and level up.

Well, market for any game is based on supply and demand. If you played Aeria back in the day, then you may remember when Unique mechs were selling for 80000g. Prices here are stupidly cheap by comparison. The other problem with Aeria, as they do with all their games, they made everything so P2W. With Gear and Accessories constantly being available to purchased through Aeria Points. You won't find any of that here. The most you will find is unique lingerie through Mystery Boxes. We do have events (like the one now) throughout the year that will let you craft unique lingerie, so its not that bad.

Please also make use of our guides section. Specifically referring to your unique scanner. Those drop in game from the L50-59 dungeon called The Acheron. If you're level is low enough (L30 - L49), you can actually farm free unique scanners (they are NT, but still). Here is the guide for that;

As Filo mentioned, you get a free set at L20s, a free set at L30s. Those are base gears, they can upgraded to +8 (unlike the old Aeria versions). When you hit L40, you get a free kneeguards/weapon/shoes/gloves. Do not confuse these with "Base" gears, they are full stat, fully upgradeable, you can spanner then and add randoms. The only downside is they are not tradeable. Finally, we give you a full base set at L50s, which you can upgrade to +8.

Granted, the Base Gears stats aren't comparable to a full stat version, but it's free and it will work well enough to get you farming to get your own gears.

SBV economics fairly stable imo even tho prices may fluctuate in time of events. This stability I attribute to the existence of in-game player-initiated "gold standard". By gold standard I mean the 1:1 rate players sell AP/VGNP for gold. Having AP/VGNP system that anchors in-game currency to real world currency is sure enough to hold off hyperinflation. Furthermore having players who consistently sell them at 1:1 makes the effect more profound. Oh how lucky we are to have fellow players who sell AP in such a way.

- take on an apprentice.

Nah, I'll have none of it. Blame it to the scammers who ripped us off and badmouths the people who failed to help them.

I will definitely go farm the uni scanners.  But that brings up another point - farming.  I am more than happy to put in the time to farm a dungeon to attain the gear that I cannot afford.  However, once you get to deltas, your dungeon running will be stopped by a fiery kick to the teeth (Ignis Vortex).  So you think, 'well okay, maybe the next dungeon will be farmable'.  Ha ha ha, welcome to Abysla Temple, bend way over and kiss your ass good-bye.  Well, the next one can't be that hard, Narak Spaceship says 'Good luck making it to the first boss.'

Did the developers intend these dungeons to only be farmable by players who no longer need the gear?  It's like the game just gives you a solid F.U. for players who made it this far and haven't purchased AP points to P2W.  I'm sure I'm not the only mid-level player who feels this way.  I can understand making the dungeons harder.  It's necessary for the players to better learn their given classes and to become more skilled, but it's very difficult to want to keep playing when your very best just isn't good enough.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, nibblez said:

For example - consider the prices for gamma items.  Sure, 25g doesn't seem too bad for a veteran player that just sold that uni accessory for 10k.  But for the new player just starting out, they might not have 25g to spend, much less 25g six times and 100g+ for shoes.

If you want gamma gear, send me a mail and I'll be happy to give you whatever gammar I come across. Not just me, there's a lot of people here who wouldn't mind!

Your missing the point.  I'm trying to make people consider who they are trying to sell to - not just gammas, but deltas and zetas.  Do you really think a starting player can afford 2k for delta shoes?  I know its about supply and demand, and shoe drops are rare so the demand is higher, blah, blah, blah.?  But every player wants to progress and stay competitive.  And unless they have money to spend on AP points then they have to farm.  But at 39 and beyond there is really no place to farm for things you need to progress and stay competitive.  Of course you can always go back to farming BC for that nerfed Crit-Atk uni that would score you enough gold to buy the things that are too hard to farm, but after the x1000 BC run you start to question if playing the game is worth it.

Just an fyi, don't attempt a dungeon just because you can enter it at higher levels. IV(igneous vortex) I believe let's you start farming it at level 35, I believe, but you should be at least lvl 37 or 38 before you attempt it. But that's not all, entering it with anything less than +8 gear even then will kick your trash. You do need to know your character's limits and use defensive buffs according as well as knowing how to use hp pots and hp crysis. Both hp pots regen and instant hp have separate cooldowns so they can be used together. Also, hp pot drops don't heal as fast as those you get from NPCs. If also back to gear, using anything lower than enhanced delta unique isn't going to get you far. Also, learn or ask how to kill a boss or the trick behind them. For instance the second boss has mobs that rush it to die but gives it hp, most player move the boss to under the bridge and put themselves between the boss and the mobs that give it hp so they can kill them before they heal the boss. AT and SF are the most broken by way of drops between all the dungeon for level 30 to 49 cap(though ss can still be farmed at lvl 59 cap t has good drops). But to successfully pull off any dungeon with ease go in with +10 gear and even better have +12 with at least a lvl 30 pet and pet chips. The mistake most players can make in a dungeon is gathering too many mobs at once. 

With SS dungeon try to figure out how to kill the sorcerers first or the ones giving HP the the group and don't get gather more than 1 at a time. That first boss watch the reflection buff that will result in you dying from your own attack. It starts just below 50% and last for 10 seconds and then gives you 10 seconds to attack. I personally attack for 7 seconds counting in my head then wait for buff and it to end before attacking again. But as with any dungeon going in and attacking it with anything less than required is going to result in failure. Even the dungeon npc master tells you to make sure you have better gear and enhanced properly before going in. Your failure to follow that advice will result in your own failing first, second comes when you attempt to take on more than you should, and third is not knowing how to actually kill each boss. 

2 hours ago, nibblez said:

Your missing the point.  I'm trying to make people consider who they are trying to sell to - not just gammas, but deltas and zetas.  Do you really think a starting player can afford 2k for delta shoes?  I know its about supply and demand, and shoe drops are rare so the demand is higher, blah, blah, blah.?  But every player wants to progress and stay competitive.  And unless they have money to spend on AP points then they have to farm.  But at 39 and beyond there is really no place to farm for things you need to progress and stay competitive.  Of course you can always go back to farming BC for that nerfed Crit-Atk uni that would score you enough gold to buy the things that are too hard to farm, but after the x1000 BC run you start to question if playing the game is worth it.

I suppose then that if an economy tends to get frozen (that is, few people buying, and lots of sellers), the trend becomes players who got more give things to those who have less, so who can't farm yet can slowly get into the business somehow... I'm glad I could have helped some people already from SB through this method, and being helped likewise.

And if I'm not mistaken, this is close to the idea behind the Nobel Prize of Peace (shouldn't it be of Economy?) from 2006:

Muhammad Yunus and Grameen Bank were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for 2006 for their work to "create economic and social development from below". Grameen Bank's objective since its establishment in 1983 has been to grant poor people small loans on easy terms - so-called micro-credit - and Yunus was the bank's founder.

I quoted this from here:

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/peace/2006/yunus/facts/

5 hours ago, nibblez said:

Let me help you understand the economy of the game. First the reason delta and gamma gear is expensive is because players are selling to people who have a higher level toon and use a lower level toon for pvp in lower level maps. Since not many farm lower level dungeons for gear the scarcity of those gears will increase the cost of that gear. Because new players get free gear, most new players burn right through the levels that would need that gear and the free gear was sufficient for those new players. If a player was to actually spend time in each level cap to top make their character top for that map then they would need something other than the free gears, but they don't so scarcity of lower level gears means higher cost of those gears.

This is turning into a variation of the child's song "There's a Hole in the Bucket".  I can't afford to pay the prices aimed at veteran player alts so I'm forced to farm.  ---> I can't farm because the dungeon is too hard and my gear is not good enough. --->  Yet I can't (or won't) improve a NT Zeta to +10 or +12 just to farm items in a dungeon that had the drop rate nerfed. So I'm stuck having to buy the items to allow me to progress and improve in the AH. (return to line 1)

What class are you using?  Some classes have an easier time getting through these dungeons more effectively than others

come to lv50+ instead. You may think that a nemesis toon is easy to gear up because of the free zeta NT but no. It's actually quite the opposite imo. So long as u dont boost all the way to lv59, Ellis provides the best opportunities in gearing up.