Problems with CB

LordKonton

There's a problem with CB that really kind of ruins it for me. It's that the animations are bulky. 4-5 CB skills reset him to his standing combat position before another skill can be used. This leaves unnecessary gaps where he can get stunned and lengthen his rota longer than it should be. The skills flow very awkwardly, and is hard to deal with overall. Not to mention spiral kick can get canceled by basically any stun ever. CBs mech animations are very delayed, the mech pull's stun is too short to help make up for it.

Skull Crack, Spread Webs, Shockwave, Sudden howling and Armor Breaker have slight delays before you can use a new skill.

Since animations are hard coded, nothing can be done with them as far as I know. However, the best fix might be lengthening 1-2 of his stuns/disables. Maybe making Spread Webs 3.5 seconds, or Skull Crack 3.2-3.4 seconds to make up for the animations. Should also make Spiral Kick an immobilize + disable or stun to make it worth using at higher levels. Maybe CB mech pull could be 1.7-2 seconds.

@Vivi

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Try using the flare on the SW where it's animation is really long, not quick. There are a few others too that the animations are really long in both Arkana and Mech. But there's the PU, ME, DE's, and WH has some long skill animations too. Why the only character that I can think of with little to no long skill animations are the SE's, but that's due to their character being quick as lightning and just as deadly. So, it's not just the CB with long animations, you have to account for use of animations when figuring a rotation. For instance with the SW, if we use 1 too many skills before we use flare all it would take is somebody using a faster animation stun/disable and it doesn't work, so we have to limit how many skills to use before we use it. Often times we get 1 maybe 2 skills in before flare after a disable or stun.

5 hours ago, Norleras said:

Sand: SE actually has delay in stupefy

Well, then that toon too has delay in skills. So, all characters have in one skill or another some bit of a delay in use from animations. Like the PU has their charge for one of their skills before it is used, the SW has a charge for using slaughter as well as the Mech for rainbow slash, and even the ME can have her heal canceled out as the animation takes a bit before it works. So, why should a CB not be without some delay in a skill if others have one as well? From my understand many of those delays happen due to the power behind those attacks or because the skill is doing more than just attacking. Kinda like how flare doesn't have much power, but it knocks out 6 people at once in it's AOE range. For this to come up now after having that character as an option for how long now. I wonder if it's legit concern or somebody wanting to have a higher advantage over others with having less delays in their skills?

• 2 months later...