Sign in to follow this  
Squizzy

Lower ch 1 capacity to 300

The lag is unbearable at 500 players, it was known about this the first time it was changed, then it got changed back to 300, now it's back at 500.
It's not fun trying to pvp on 500 player cap, the cooldowns are long and nobody likes playing with lag, especially pvp.
There's literally no reason people need to be in ch 1 that it should stay at 500. It makes no sense, all people are just afking or sitting in nosville talking and the only people getting punished are arena players.

Agree with this, it was good when the shops etc. were removed from ch1 to reduce the amount of people, but the capacity is constantly back at cap, the channel simply can't handle it, should be reduced back.

We're considering creating an Arena Channel only in the future. We were going to run a poll to see if this was something people wanted. Same for Trading.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

We're considering creating an Arena Channel only in the future. We were going to run a poll to see if this was something people wanted. Same for Trading.

I don't really think a new channel is neccessary, I like being in ch 1 cause I can also see speakers if someone is selling something or if a raid is open 

Trading would be alright, since people just go to ch 2 to open a shop but it seems a lot less appealing then having a channel dedicated that teleports you straight to the shop map, I almost never visit ch 2 to check shops 

Just now, Squizzy said:

I don't really think a new channel is neccessary, I like being in ch 1 cause I can also see speakers if someone is selling something or if a raid is open 

Trading would be alright, since people just go to ch 2 to open a shop but it seems a lot less appealing then having a channel dedicated that teleports you straight to the shop map, I almost never visit ch 2 to check shops 

Well speakers are returning back to all channel eventually. We've just not gotten round to it. I was mainly directing arena towards it being a PVP focused channel only. Similar to RBB channel where it forces you into the map.

1 minute ago, Bash said:

Well speakers are returning back to all channel eventually. We've just not gotten round to it. I was mainly directing arena towards it being a PVP focused channel only. Similar to RBB channel where it forces you into the map.

Idk, I'm against more changes, It's solid how it is now just needs 300 player capacity so we're not lagging constantly during peak hours

36 minutes ago, Squizzy said:

Idk, I'm against more changes, It's solid how it is now just needs 300 player capacity so we're not lagging constantly during peak hours

I'll see what I can do, probably introduce it when we do full speakers again.

I like the idea of 1 channel as RB only for Arena.
It would reduce the problem of lag a lot, besides having the speakers in all the channels ... 0 problems.

PD: A pity that the incident happened recently has surely delayed other updates that could be interesting.

1 hour ago, Kailash said:

I like the idea of 1 channel as RB only for Arena.
It would reduce the problem of lag a lot, besides having the speakers in all the channels ... 0 problems.

PD: A pity that the incident happened recently has surely delayed other updates that could be interesting.

Focus most likely will turn towards RBB soon again, we're really behind schedule in terms of it's new season. Some of the ideas we have planned for it are taking time to design properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Well, i like the idea, but the problem is when we want to do a pvp, if we only have 1 ch for arena, we can't do 1v1.

Just now, Flock said:

Well, i like the idea, but the problem is when we want to do a pvp, if we only have 1 ch for arena, we can't do 1v1.

That's also true, maybe I can create a "duel request" system in the future so it's 1v1 of those 2 people only. It's present in a lot of games these days so idk why this game doesn't have it.

• Like 1

Just now, Bash said:

That's also true, maybe I can create a "duel request" system in the future so it's 1v1 of those 2 people only. It's present in a lot of games these days so idk why this game doesn't have it.

i see, well, we'll have to w8 and see how u do it :)