Time for a DPS Reality check

Uninformed

I don't really like coming on the forum but what I keep hearing has alarmed me so much that I feel I have to.

First off a bit of back ground, as people that know me my main class is a whipper but people that really know me will also know that until the current cap I ran a secondary main as a Shadow walker (with around 15k kills on SW in ASB alone). I have also ran well over 100 hours active game time on all classes except CB's.

Now for what I have to say, there is an alarming and detrimental push by certain DPS players to have easy kills, for a long time this game has been dominated by first to stun wins. 

For all classes to work the TANKS have to be able to survive full rota's of all classes, lining up your skills and pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6, z, 1,2,3,4 and being guaranteed to kill your opponent is not having skill!

Recently there has been a call of whippers are not tanks they are secondary tanks so they should not be able to survive a rota from a dps class. Now the key word in secondary tank is the word TANK, yes whippers should not be able to survive as long as the primary tank but they should be still able to TANK. If anyone utters the phrase but whippers are not tanks they are secondary... you know they are only out to gain an advantage and are not out for the good of the game. For the record I have never once heard any whipper on either side say hey a SW is not the primary DPS that's the PU so the SW should not be able to do any damage!

Its time the GS's (again dps dominated) started thinking holistically and PU's and SW's should not have guaranteed kills just because they get the first stun in this is not balance! DPS classes have had things far to easy since 54 cap and keep wanting things easier. I am not going to claim the game has ever been in balance, but its never been as bad as things have been since 65 cap.

The WH has 2 functions Tank and control, Certain players that want an advantage want them to have neither. This is to the detriment of the game. SW say we are assasins we should be able to kill, and yes an SW should be able to kill key targets if not stopped, they should not be guaranteed kills on tanks.

This is so bad I was even told that evidence tanks are too strong is that an FK SW (that has told me they are anti evasion geared with no anti tank set) cannot kill Pepper the tankiest WH (who spent a vast amount of time and effort to get that way) in 1 rota! I mean this is ridiculous seriously are GS's really lapping this up as they seem to be? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• VGN GM

I imagine you're referring to one of these threads here? If so, this is just a discussion and taking what people say here as 'law' is something that I highly recommend against. Just because we allow the conversations to go on, doesn't mean we're blindly taking all suggestions that are thrown in those thread. There is without a doubt a clear bias to some.

Conversations are being done in private about the skills. These are not done among all the GS's and are actually done with a good amount of players instead.

So please, do not attempt to pin this on my staff when you have obviously heard poor information.

• Like 1

Hi Vivi

Firstly thanks for the reply.

Some of it is from threads and some is from what GS have said in game, ie that an SW with anti evasion gear cannot kill the top WH in 1 rota was proof WH's need to be nerfed. 

If you look at what I say I am asking the GS to think about the whole game I am not pinning it on them, I do not say its them that have created the narrative that DPS should kill all in 1 rota nor do I say they are actively pushing this. I am asking them not to just make it first stun wins.

On 5/31/2019 at 3:07 PM, Uninformed said:

Hi Vivi

Firstly thanks for the reply.

Some of it is from threads and some is from what GS have said in game, ie that an SW with anti evasion gear cannot kill the top WH in 1 rota was proof WH's need to be nerfed. 

If you look at what I say I am asking the GS to think about the whole game I am not pinning it on them, I do not say its them that have created the narrative that DPS should kill all in 1 rota nor do I say they are actively pushing this. I am asking them not to just make it first stun wins.

I think you might miss what some of the players are saying about the WHs. The WHs can kill DPS players in 1 rota and not miss their target player, should this be allowed? Players cannot avoid WHs pulls or stuns period, when a WH uses those skills against me I am pulled and stunned 100% of the time no matter how much eva or ch-eva I have. Is that something the WH should be allowed to do? If I kill a WH in 1 rota, most of the time the WH either wasn't buffed, buff only had very little time left, WH not geared right, or they aren't QueenPepper. When players can pull off killing a Tank class, you should know that it's in their build vs the other build.

I can't seem to say this enough, I have 2 full sets of gear that I rotate around and can come up with a 4 to 6 different ways to organize my gears in set 1 and 2 since those gears are not locked to only set 1 or 2 and I can on the fly change them around. There are some tanks that have a particular build and other tanks that are completely different and the same goes for DPS class that the PU and CB are both part of the tank and DPS class. The SW is an assassin class, which is neither tank or DPS, which in real life means they should pretty much stab a person behind their back and run away unspotted, but the SW cannot get their conceal high enough to not be spotted in Arkana and doing so means we end up not having the DPS to do jack against other players just to have players with detect get right past that. So, the SWs have countered that by maxing out our DPS abilities over being a true assassin, we still can't tank players and we still can't DPS burst in PvE like other classes, but we can at least kill players. But that seems to be all changed as players keep calling to nerf the SW down to a class that will just stall players from joining in the pvp fight, but what do I know I'm not in the talks of the class skills. But making the SW class harder to kill players with while not giving them any more protection just puts the SWs back to lvl 54 and 59 cap status where we couldn't kill anybody and we can't survive anybody. So, if there is a call to nerf the SWs DPS, then I want a call to nerf the pulls of the WH so we can't easily get pulled and stunned by them and extend the length of time of our escape artist so it takes longer than 10 seconds to kill us which it doesn't while buffed against Ch-acc players. The SEs seem to do well in tanking the SWs though. 

between some of the most skilled players, it tends to be roughly fifty fifty between SE and SW at best. Also depending on the gear, randoms and jewels, there are other ways of breaking through SEs defenses.

I'm currently of the opinion that DE and WH shouldn't be killable in a single rotations anyways with their defensive buffs up, except by PU at a cost

Edited by Norleras

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, GoddessSand said:

I think you might miss what some of the players are saying about the WHs. The WHs can kill DPS players in 1 rota and not miss their target player, should this be allowed? Players cannot avoid WHs pulls or stuns period, when a WH uses those skills against me I am pulled and stunned 100% of the time no matter how much eva or ch-eva I have. Is that something the WH should be allowed to do? If I kill a WH in 1 rota, most of the time the WH either wasn't buffed, buff only had very little time left, WH not geared right, or they aren't QueenPepper. When players can pull off killing a Tank class, you should know that it's in their build vs the other build.

I can't seem to say this enough, I have 2 full sets of gear that I rotate around and can come up with a 4 to 6 different ways to organize my gears in set 1 and 2 since those gears are not locked to only set 1 or 2 and I can on the fly change them around. There are some tanks that have a particular build and other tanks that are completely different and the same goes for DPS class that the PU and CB are both part of the tank and DPS class. The SW is an assassin class, which is neither tank or DPS, which in real life means they should pretty much stab a person behind their back and run away unspotted, but the SW cannot get their conceal high enough to not be spotted in Arkana and doing so means we end up not having the DPS to do jack against other players just to have players with detect get right past that. So, the SWs have countered that by maxing out our DPS abilities over being a true assassin, we still can't tank players and we still can't DPS burst in PvE like other classes, but we can at least kill players. But that seems to be all changed as players keep calling to nerf the SW down to a class that will just stall players from joining in the pvp fight, but what do I know I'm not in the talks of the class skills. But making the SW class harder to kill players with while not giving them any more protection just puts the SWs back to lvl 54 and 59 cap status where we couldn't kill anybody and we can't survive anybody. So, if there is a call to nerf the SWs DPS, then I want a call to nerf the pulls of the WH so we can't easily get pulled and stunned by them and extend the length of time of our escape artist so it takes longer than 10 seconds to kill us which it doesn't while buffed against Ch-acc players. The SEs seem to do well in tanking the SWs though. 

Hi Sand

I have both a whipper and a SW and I know its not possible to get the whipper to cover both the maximum evasion and CH evasion, only way this can happen is if the whipper is given a medic acc buff and the SW does not get the corresponding evasion buff. Also to be able to kill a dps in 1 rota the wh would need to move away from acc / ch acc random and jewels meaning they should miss you a lot more.

Should a tank ever die to 1 rota? this is not balance and you have told me you are geared for evasion classes not tanks so that you can kill a tank 1 rota shows the balance is very bad. Only Queenpepper is queenpepper, and to compare you would need to take a SW with all the max randoms jewels ancient spanner'd etc specifically to take on a tank. This you are not. You are a very good SW in what you aim to do. I have often complemented your tactics in the game but you are not an anti tank SW, I have seen that when you attack me in comparison to others.

5 hours ago, Uninformed said:

Hi Sand

I have both a whipper and a SW and I know its not possible to get the whipper to cover both the maximum evasion and CH evasion, only way this can happen is if the whipper is given a medic acc buff and the SW does not get the corresponding evasion buff. Also to be able to kill a dps in 1 rota the wh would need to move away from acc / ch acc random and jewels meaning they should miss you a lot more.

Should a tank ever die to 1 rota? this is not balance and you have told me you are geared for evasion classes not tanks so that you can kill a tank 1 rota shows the balance is very bad. Only Queenpepper is queenpepper, and to compare you would need to take a SW with all the max randoms jewels ancient spanner'd etc specifically to take on a tank. This you are not. You are a very good SW in what you aim to do. I have often complemented your tactics in the game but you are not an anti tank SW, I have seen that when you attack me in comparison to others.

Okay, here's where WH's got the advantage, their duration of stuns and disables last for 17 seconds(maybe more) the SW buff last for 10 seconds tops. But most of the time by the time WHs start attacking the SW that buff only has 5 to 7 seconds left on it giving the WHs 10 to 13 seconds to finish off the SW before the SW could then start countering the WH again. Since a WH can have 2 sets of gear they and they can get their Ch-acc really high that their ch-atks could do most of the work for them(like what QueenPepper does) they don't need to rely heavy on acc except to pull. Which if you understand how eva and ch-eva work, the SW can't get their ch-eva so high that the % of missing is so low that the Ch-eva will barely if at all work against a WH with ch-acc. That means WH's can stun and disable the SW for 17 seconds(or more). long enough for the SW to wear out their buff and be vulnerable to the WH and any other player for the next oh 10 to 13 seconds for players to wail on me in PvP. In solo vs a WH that is still long enough for the WH to take the next 10 to 13 seconds to atk me without any protection since eva and ch-eva base drop well below any reasonable amounts to prevent attacks from them. Meaning the WH doesn't need to use Ch-acc or acc for the next 10 to 13 seconds to kill us. If a WH can't kill a SW in that time, that WH needs to improve their character as the skills stand now as I've died in 3 hits once that buff is gone by any good player.

I am not sure exactly what you heard or remember about what I said on how I built my character for attacking tanks and evasion classes, but I do have an Anti SW gear set that's all I remember saying in detail where I get my ch-acc up into about the 294% to 297% area. As for tanks and eva classes, they are a bit different to approach that I have to take with them and I have to use a different gear set. In pvp with more than just a WH, I would be lucky to even survive as that WH can just disable me the second I show myself if they aren't disabled or stunned. Again having the advantage in PvP. Now in a 1 vs 1 match when I fight WHs, I might have a harder time against them than other SWs due to my skill tree being different. I don't know what they do to kill a WH in 1 rota, if they do it without using ancient jewels since I'm not using mine yet. I'm not going to alter my skill tree right now either since they are in the talks for altering all the characters' skills and thus I would be wasting my supply of Skill resets on a skill tree that will possibly be invalid after they are done. If these SWs are using ancient jewels to kill WHs this a problem with the class or the ancient jewels breaking the class? Also, is the ancient jewels breaking the class or making the class what it was meant to be for PvP aspects? I mean the game was meant to be played as a mass pvp game, not a 1 vs 1 though that is happening more than mass pvp. I lean towards thinking that the SW needs a nerf when it comes to the Ch-acc aspect of their buffs. Though are hard to say ya or nay against altering it. I mean if I can't kill the SW during their buff duration, my only hope is that they can't kill me during mine and then will it come down to 1st hit will always win? That is let's say I disable the SW first and go through my entire rota and didn't kill them and I buff before they could do their rota, once they are done with their rota my skills will have had time to cool down once they are do so I could then finish them off the second time. Most(to all unless I mess up) cases though I finish them off in 1 rotation while they are buffed.That is while they are buffed not after their buff wears off, is that right? I mean sure I like being able to kill a SW in 1 rota while they are buffed, but is it right that it can be done in few hits during mass pvp? That leads me to other SWs and their skill tree, it isn't my skill tree so I don't know what their skill tree is. As for their gear and mine, I have my way to try and universalize my gears and skills so they are effective against everybody 1 vs 1 and hope to have it work with greater numbers. 

When it comes to tanks killing DPS in 1 rotation, I know several WHs that can do that especially if they get buffs from the ME. As for DPS killing tanks in 1 rotation, if the tanks can kill DPS in 1 rotation shouldn't the DPS be able to do the same?

Finally the last thing I want to mention and have it perfectly clear, if your character is not lvl 65, not full +12 gear set(2 sets preferred at +12),gear not fully spanned with normal rank 2 jewels at least rare, and all accessories at at level, then trying to compare your character to one that is should be noted that losing to them means you are a weaker character and you shouldn't expect to win. Crying about somebody who is stronger than you because they maxed out their character and you still have a ways to go means you need to work on your character not nerf the other guy. So, many people want to nerf the other guy because they get beat down for not being at par with them.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:22 AM, GoddessSand said:

Okay, here's where WH's got the advantage, their duration of stuns and disables last for 17 seconds(maybe more) the SW buff last for 10 seconds tops. But most of the time by the time WHs start attacking the SW that buff only has 5 to 7 seconds left on it giving the WHs 10 to 13 seconds to finish off the SW before the SW could then start countering the WH again. Since a WH can have 2 sets of gear they and they can get their Ch-acc really high that their ch-atks could do most of the work for them(like what QueenPepper does) they don't need to rely heavy on acc except to pull. Which if you understand how eva and ch-eva work, the SW can't get their ch-eva so high that the % of missing is so low that the Ch-eva will barely if at all work against a WH with ch-acc. That means WH's can stun and disable the SW for 17 seconds(or more). long enough for the SW to wear out their buff and be vulnerable to the WH and any other player for the next oh 10 to 13 seconds for players to wail on me in PvP. In solo vs a WH that is still long enough for the WH to take the next 10 to 13 seconds to atk me without any protection since eva and ch-eva base drop well below any reasonable amounts to prevent attacks from them. Meaning the WH doesn't need to use Ch-acc or acc for the next 10 to 13 seconds to kill us. If a WH can't kill a SW in that time, that WH needs to improve their character as the skills stand now as I've died in 3 hits once that buff is gone by any good player.

When it comes to tanks killing DPS in 1 rotation, I know several WHs that can do that especially if they get buffs from the ME. As for DPS killing tanks in 1 rotation, if the tanks can kill DPS in 1 rotation shouldn't the DPS be able to do the same?

Firstly tanks should not kill dps in 1 rotation and DPS should not kill tanks in 1 rotation this is not skill!

Whippers can get high enough CH acc to stun a SW2/3 of time (non arkana form pulls) if they are not full ch eva build but that is about a 1.5k reduction to your DPS in this form.

If you want to say the WH has a big advantage in stun length (no whipper I know has full Stuns and Disables, and you can not really count the single pull stun as its broken). you have to concede the SW advantages

Choice of when to attack (also meaning can choose to go through rota before putting on evasion, or attack when the whipper has no shields)

Speed to get out of combat if disabled

Much higher DPS

Being completely unhittable in ghost walk

Insane debuff for 9 points no other class can get close to this debuff and will have to spend way more points to get just a part of it.

Except other DPS classes have much more powerful offensive buffs than we do to make for that difference. Cb has their reckless shout powering up their base stats through the roof. PU has both offense cocoon and firing squad both doing that and raising crit-rate and crit-atk through the roof. All SW has is Precision raising crit-rate only, which isn't very good by itself.

11 hours ago, Uninformed said:

Firstly tanks should not kill dps in 1 rotation and DPS should not kill tanks in 1 rotation this is not skill!

Whippers can get high enough CH acc to stun a SW2/3 of time (non arkana form pulls) if they are not full ch eva build but that is about a 1.5k reduction to your DPS in this form.

If you want to say the WH has a big advantage in stun length (no whipper I know has full Stuns and Disables, and you can not really count the single pull stun as its broken). you have to concede the SW advantages

Is it just me or do WH's just not listen to QueenPepper and everybody ignores QueenPepper's abilities just to say they aren't as good? If 1 WH can do it, they all can do it, it's choosing not to do it that is the choice of the player. WH's have an advantage of killing SWs while we are buffed or at least keeping us from escaping and killing us after the buff is gone. It's not like WH's actually have to wait out 10 seconds anyway since no SW buffs and is immediately attacked. I 1 vs 1 against a WH and they wouldn't atk till my buff was gone or I had to atk them while they were buffed, sure they died, but that's because 1 they were at a lower level and 2 they were really terrible at trying to win.

Pepper has killed my lvl 65 WH, but mine doesn't have a second set and my main set is pure acc. We also need to take into account that he uses crisis hp pots in addition to regular hp pots. Not everyone is willing to do that. Also. Just because someone would use someone else's skill build, it doesn't necessarily mean the copy cat can use the build to its full potential.

Edited by Norleras

16 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Is it just me or do WH's just not listen to QueenPepper and everybody ignores QueenPepper's abilities just to say they aren't as good? If 1 WH can do it, they all can do it, it's choosing not to do it that is the choice of the player. WH's have an advantage of killing SWs while we are buffed or at least keeping us from escaping and killing us after the buff is gone. It's not like WH's actually have to wait out 10 seconds anyway since no SW buffs and is immediately attacked. I 1 vs 1 against a WH and they wouldn't atk till my buff was gone or I had to atk them while they were buffed, sure they died, but that's because 1 they were at a lower level and 2 they were really terrible at trying to win.

I am not ignoring I am saying if you gonna set Pepper as the standard for Whippers you would need a SW geared and skilled purely as anti tank, you are not this. You can't go this is the pinnacle of tankyness now we gonna take a anti evasion skilled/ geared dps and see what damage it does you need to compare like for like.

For instance look at the damage Blackligress does to all the whippers medics other tanks. So is this what we should say all SW can do? and say all SW need a nerf because of this one player? You cannot have it both ways of everyone can be as tanky as pepper but hey we take a standard non specialist skilled / geared SW to see what damage they can do. 

You keep saying a wh has an advantage as they can actually hit (if they are anti evasion class geared) yet you ignore the advantages SW's have in this match up. 

3 hours ago, Norleras said:

Pepper has killed my lvl 65 WH, but mine doesn't have a second set and my main set is pure acc. We also need to take into account that he uses crisis hp pots in addition to regular hp pots. Not everyone is willing to do that. Also. Just because someone would use someone else's skill build, it doesn't necessarily mean the copy cat can use the build to its full potential.

Correct, also your build and skill set will depend on your role with your team mates. No point being high acc if you are there to hurt tanks and meds and you want high debuffs for this so maybe less hp is ok to get the skill points. If you are there to pull in or shut down evasion classes you go acc at the cost of DPS and as you are lkely to be counter pulled you need a tanky set. 

3 hours ago, Uninformed said:

Correct, also your build and skill set will depend on your role with your team mates. No point being high acc if you are there to hurt tanks and meds and you want high debuffs for this so maybe less hp is ok to get the skill points. If you are there to pull in or shut down evasion classes you go acc at the cost of DPS and as you are lkely to be counter pulled you need a tanky set. 

My WH is built strictly for support crowd control.  I'll eventually build a ch-acc set next.  Getting kills is a secondary objective.

Edited by Norleras

6 hours ago, Uninformed said:

I am not ignoring I am saying if you gonna set Pepper as the standard for Whippers you would need a SW geared and skilled purely as anti tank, you are not this. You can't go this is the pinnacle of tankyness now we gonna take a anti evasion skilled/ geared dps and see what damage it does you need to compare like for like.

For instance look at the damage Blackligress does to all the whippers medics other tanks. So is this what we should say all SW can do? and say all SW need a nerf because of this one player? You cannot have it both ways of everyone can be as tanky as pepper but hey we take a standard non specialist skilled / geared SW to see what damage they can do. 

You keep saying a wh has an advantage as they can actually hit (if they are anti evasion class geared) yet you ignore the advantages SW's have in this match up. 

Blackligress skills is under question to the possibility for actually being able to do what they are doing without using glitches. If you are fighting against Blackligress, are they with or without a ME? When I've seen Blackligress in a BG it's either solo or with a ME. They are weak without a ME and I can easily kill them while they are buffed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but do WH's or other tanks actually rely on eva? I thought they use void, ch-resist, and crit void? using eva builds are easy enough to get through. I possibly just need to rearrange my gears better for tanks, but I am sure I have the gears for tanks if I'm not using them particularly the way people think I should. If I am in a BG with a SW and I make an Anti SW set, my second set automatically set. If I am in a BG without a SW then my possibilities for gear arrangements increase for both sets.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:25 AM, GoddessSand said:

Blackligress skills is under question to the possibility for actually being able to do what they are doing without using glitches. If you are fighting against Blackligress, are they with or without a ME? When I've seen Blackligress in a BG it's either solo or with a ME. They are weak without a ME and I can easily kill them while they are buffed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but do WH's or other tanks actually rely on eva? I thought they use void, ch-resist, and crit void? using eva builds are easy enough to get through. I possibly just need to rearrange my gears better for tanks, but I am sure I have the gears for tanks if I'm not using them particularly the way people think I should. If I am in a BG with a SW and I make an Anti SW set, my second set automatically set. If I am in a BG without a SW then my possibilities for gear arrangements increase for both sets.

They have been investigated many times and allowed to play so if we are using Pepper as the WH bench mark then this is the damage benchmark on SW, you cannot use the highest of one and not the other. But this is proof of my point you say ah look at pepper because they have an exact set up to survive 1 rota then all WH are too strong, but when the response is ah but look at the damage the highest damage SW does you say oh but that is not the normal we cannot count them.

Its not just gear you would need to change its skill set up. And yes WH rely on defence and void so if attacked by a stun are stunned where as an SW has a chance to avoid this. 

2 hours ago, Uninformed said:

They have been investigated many times and allowed to play so if we are using Pepper as the WH bench mark then this is the damage benchmark on SW, you cannot use the highest of one and not the other. But this is proof of my point you say ah look at pepper because they have an exact set up to survive 1 rota then all WH are too strong, but when the response is ah but look at the damage the highest damage SW does you say oh but that is not the normal we cannot count them.

Its not just gear you would need to change its skill set up. And yes WH rely on defence and void so if attacked by a stun are stunned where as an SW has a chance to avoid this. 

We are talking WH vs SW. The SW doesn't have a chance to avoid WH stuns because WH has added ch-acc added to their skills. But I also haven't been able to avoid WH pulls either with their skills also having acc added to them.

I think you have ignored what I have said, confused it with other topics, or not understanding what I said.
Last I heard Pepper hasn't been banned for cheating, Ligress has. If Ligress can do what it is claimed without cheating then you have to look at the what they are doing to do that. Pepper I know can do what they can because they built their WH to do it. Ligress I would question what they did because of their cheating aspects, hard to trust or rely on information about a cheater. Now if somebody else can produce Ligress's abilities without cheating then fix the SW. But also understand that if they are using ancient jewels, I know players asking to them, then what? Should we start nerfing all player to the point where ancient jewels are a must? If that is the case then make ancient jewels and ancient spanners more available, if they don't want to make them more available then we shouldn't be nerfing players to that point that they become a must. If you strip the SW down to some basics, rank 2 rare jewels(not uni), +12 gears, their accessories, and their randoms then follow their skill tree pattern what does that allow them to do? Don't go by uni jewels, don't go by ancient jewels, and don't go by ME buffs. I say ME buffs because those need to be looked at as they can break characters. The uni jewels and ancient jewels aren't used by everybody as a standard to use. If players can do what is claimed at that point then either fix either their opponent or the character.

Since this topic is on the WH and their DPS not the SW in it's DPS, the ch-acc of the WH needs a nerf because it pulls and/or stuns(stuns are always going to happen) every player 100% of the time. During that rotation the SW can't escape for 17 seconds, 7 seconds longer than our buff last, and often 10 seconds longer than what we actually get since most times there are gaps between use and when attacked. If players say, "but I can't switch from one to the other like a SW can on the fly" then I want to know why. If you have 2 sets of gears then you can switch from one to the other on the fly, just like the SW can. If you don't, don't cry about not being able to do certain things that other players can who do have 2 sets of gears, first get 2 sets of gears then come back with your build and then people could see what you did wrong.

Now if you want to go into SW's DPS, then let's talk. First SW's DPS is how it is because we can't even do anything with our character that it's supposed to do. That is players opt for DPS skill tree instead of relying on fade/concealment because DPS skill tree kills players. Fade/concealment not only doesn't allow us to dps players, but it get's us killed still very easily because we don't have the protection that other players have. Just as an example the fade lvl 1-5 is detectable by a SE with 1 pt in detect, if we max out fade they just need to use 2 or 3 pts while we wasted 7 and don't get me started on how broken the passive concealment makes a SW. So, sure against certain players we can get away with just using 1 or 2 pts in fade, but it doesn't always help since players play on their bikes. When it comes to SWs against players with a ME buff, the player with the ME buffs will win out pretty much all the time because ME ch-acc out does the the SW ch-eva even with ME ch-eva buff. So, now let's look at other characters besides WH, we have tested SWs without the use of shadow strike, we can't even get 50% damage done to any player while they aren't buffed any player can kill when we aren't buffed. Should shadow strike be changed because players die too easily? Can the SW have our escape artist buff last longer than 10 seconds then and increased? Players can still get 60% chance of landing an attack on a SW without ME buffs if they build their character right it goes up more with ME buffs and WHs are around 80 to 90% chance without ME and 100% with ME, but you need to understand a landed atk on a SW is full power, not reduced like the ch-resist, def, and void does. If players are going to be able to stun SWs to death while the SW is buffed like they do, then make our chance of survival greater if we can't dps like we do. But we can't survive like other players, we can't use our concealment like we should be able too, and the only thing we are left with is DPS just like what everybody else goes for. Every player only need 2 to 5 skills to kill a SW unbuffed and we don't have the buff duration that other players have so we can easily die once we get stun locked. Now  you want to nerf the SW, well fix the other issues we deal with at the same time, not nerf us to the point of uselessness and we are an assassin class, we should be able to kill quickly and get out quickly, but if we can't we are useless. If tanks die to easy well look at those classes, but PU's seem to get just as tanky as other tanks and have high dps, should that be allowed?