Some suggestions for the game

Tuti

I'm also telling you the reason I think that's a good thing to change.

First, allow us to combine Wind, Ice, Fire and Earth Meteor in one "Elemental Meteor" that gives us 5% atk/m-atk, 5% move-speed, 5% cast/atk speed and 5% hp.
Reason: Sometimes we might want to use the 5% Cast Speed Meteor, but since almost everyone uses Fire + Earth Meteors you either have to wait for the cd to end or give up the 5% Cast Speed, because if you're playing healer or another class that needs cast you don't want lose the 5% hp/atk when you go back to DPS.
Most people wont even feel that change, but I bet it will be very helpfull for those who will.

Change Ranged Skill "Wind Will" to give P-crit and M-Crit rate:
Reason here is obvious, that's just useless for Mecha. If possible, I would say a full remake for that skill sounds good, since most geared people will have close to 100% crit rate on all ranged classes, as well as 100% m-crit rate on mecha, but a change to give m-crit rate would be nice for people who aren't fuly geared yet.
Also, I think all of those skills (for Tank classes, Meele, etc) could be changed, they're pettry much useless now days, 
A remake on Racial some skills sounds good too, since they're kinda useless too, like Meele class human skills gives 1k heal per crit (Lv120), that was very helpfull when they released racial skills, but right now feels like using it is just waste of time,  Survival Screen (Tank class racial) also doesn't give that much heal, most times you wont use it because it will only push mobs away from ur party while not giving any really healpfull heal.
When those racial skills was released it was very OP so I don't think they should be weak as they are now. I also don't think it really needs to be overpowered skills like they was, just some helpfull skills is good.

Allow us to transfer legendary achievements for alts
Making alts isn't hard, but it's just boring to keep crafting again everything you did in your main character. Gold isn't a problem for people who are already geared, so doing legendary achievement on alts isn't but painfull boredom. I know that it can disturb ranks, but the item that transfers legendary achievements could also exclude the character from rank, just like GMs can't rank. (Well, but we understand if it's not possible to exclude characters that doesn't have gms power from rank, so nothing to do in this case)

To help the game become more noob friendly:
Lower respawn from low level maps world bosses. Really, there's no point to keep killing Justin Alspore all day till u get the T, and it's even hard because once you start killing world bosses, someone else will kill the next world boss you need. The only use of those trophies is to get achievement for HP, so I don't think they need to be so hard to get too. The lower the best, like really, if you can change world bosses per level I think that even 5 mins respawn for 1-30 world bosses would be good for new players, 15 mins for 31-60, 30 for 61-90 and 1h for 90+ 

Lower CCM cost for awaken sets. I know that Lv95 Awaken sets "hidden achievement" is really good, so it's supossed to be hard to get.
But imagine being a new player who just got to lv 100+ and now needs to farm 44k CCM to finish all sets, but at the same time he needs to farm CCM to finish Lv100 Awaken weapons.
Togheter with the fact that he needs to start farming gold to buy alot of things, awaken books, aven fame. For a new player it just sounds "Get away from this game, this isn't a place for you, noob"
Remove Putification debuff in Lv95 trials. Same reason as above, it's just making easier for new players. It's the easiest way to nerf 95T bosses. Since new players may struggles to find help to make 95T, the easier it is the better. It will help new player to get close to a point that he can solo everything he needs and it will make Lv100 trials much easier.
Since now days isn't that easy to find a party for Lv100 trial, people will be able to get gears in 95T and join togheter with anothers new players for the level 100T. (Yes, I know that if you're a new player u can just ask someone help to gear AOJ that's very easy to gear and join trial, but if u tried to go for trials now days you know most partys just have new players without many gears trying to get some Lv100 weapons, and you can't have 10 AOJ party so)

Increase GoP Gatekey drop. Since you're going to need 30 keys for every combo (40 if u going for the cape), increasing the drop rate for gatekays would be nice too. We aren't seeing that many partys for GOP too, so making it easier to finish combo for new players (who will struggle even more to find a party that accept him while he's still gearing his character) is nice.

Well, that's it for now. I'm thinkg about a lot of things that would help Eden to be more noob firendly since i'm helping a new player to gear. But I'm not sure if it's good to just come and spam suggestions without discussing it with someone first.
So if you guys wants (Staff, Players) we can discuss more about changes that would help the game to keep new players playing.
I'm sorry for my bad english, hope it's all understandable and I hope any of my suggestions can help Eden to become a even better game than it already is.
Thanks for your attention, if you have anything to add or change in one or more suggestion, please leave a reply.

• Like 5

Its great to see someone look out for us noobs, most of these suggestions can be "groomed" as they are fantastic steps to take if possible.  When i was told i needed to do GOP daily for a month for a chance of drops etc i was ok with this, but then another GS/EE told me its not ok, thats nothing compared to what you will need to be competitive as the game has aged gracefully (then i started to cry lol).  There are way too many things required for new players to do especially for a hard core like myself, and if new ones struggle to get any form of help (which WE NEED), then Tuti is correct that it will be a turn off.  This is a good post and i hope its looked into and polished from the Devs/GMs perspective.

Loving this game and all the classes, excellent work so far Vendetta Team.

A big shout out to GS Mozzarella /Nippa / Vyzer & Lilith for finding the time to help me in game and answer all my foolish questions, excellent staff.

• Like 5

You’ve made some great suggestions. The staff have read your post and we will discuss amongst ourselves and with the GM Jordan. We love hearing your ideas. Just remember that sometimes, for various reasons, we can’t apply all your ideas. But we certainly hear you, read your ideas, and take it on board.

Thank you for the well thought out suggestions~☺️

• Like 2

I'm glad you guys liked it.
I will come back with more suggestions if I can think of anything that can help new players to stay in the game.
And I know that unfortunately some suggestions are not possible to add, so I understand if happens to a suggestion considered good doesn't make to the game.

• VGN GM

First of all, great suggestions.

Meteor's are designed in a way that you're only allowed to have 2 of them active at once, I see no problem with this system on how it is right now especially now you have the status helper system that will time it for you unlike back in the old days where we had to time it manually ourselves.

This is possible to change Wind Will although it likely wont have much effect on the game at all as most people who are playing these classes will have 100% crit or close to from the get go.

As for changing racials I'm rather against doing so as it will cause more upset than joy and then it will just become an endless cycle of "well you did this with this why not this with this". Maybe in future i might revamp some of them but expect most of them to stay the same.

Transfering achievements is something I'm generally against and always have been. I did this for the achievements that actually take time to complete such as enchants and the awaken sets as they take far more requirements than other things. You might see more of these things pop up in future if I change my mind but this is something that is not only something I disagree with but also something that is very anoying and bandaide'y to add to the game.

With our drop rate this achievement isn't hard to get, it just takes a bit of work timing them, I see no problem with this plus a change like this would take days of work for something very QOL. With my time being limited as it is I don't think this is a good resource to spend my time in doing so. Maybe in future I will start to do this if our player count demands it. Personally recently my character was sitting near the Justin Allspore spawn and everytime I logged in for a maintenance or something that required me to login to game he was alive.

I have plans for future awaken sets and once they come out these titles will be made easier, they have already been lowered in ccm a bunch already and gold so for now they will be left as they're still viable sets to use and should be worked for. As for the "Get away from this game" comment, literally any half decent MMO i've played including this one has always been like this. Your character is suppose to be worked on to become strong, people are forgetting their is other armors the player can make first and there is weapons that will be perfectly fine to use while you wait for your awaken to be completed. This problem stems from the fact that people want to get the best possible gear from the get go rather than fortifying say a level 100 trial weapon to use for the time being.

However, I have made a number of QoL new player improvements to the game for the upcoming patch which I will not spoil. So before worrying about the above comment wait until the patch is released as I believe I'm overhelping new players at this point with the new changes I've made. Many of my testers can vouch for this point.

As for removing the purification debuff, I'll see about that for the upcoming patch as I have no opinion on that so I will query the other staff. Although again as the previously mentioned point people will not just go to 95 trials to gear unless their end gear choice is the Awaken set.

As there is a new GoP dungeon coming out in the next patch as promised in my patch notes I will see what improvements can be made to the old GoP to make it more noob friendly. However, this new GoP is specifically designed for veteran players so I don't wanna hear any complaints about it being Anti-Noob as this is the point with these dungeons. GoP as a concept was designed as a dungeon that noobs should not enter which is why they only come once a year.

Just remember this one point to take away, new players need to remember there is easier content to play through that TK weapons and armor are more than enough and they can work on getting tanky trophies with resistance like from BTS or DD/VL that will help them in the later content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I look forward to the upcoming patch then can make further decisions, for now its very difficult to compete (classes unbalanced and you can clearly see this based on class usage of each player).  MoneyTeam wins with only 5 man vs 20 so easy without trying (thank god they still log in), best guild and players in Eden play MOBA games and this is a fact.  I took a week off supporting (financially) and no lifing this fantastic game, all the way i am being coached/carried by a GS and other Senior players and i still cant compete, so what of the casual players who will play 4-5hrs per day? If my 35yrs of experience in gaming tells me anything, is that as you grow your server, the older content must be much easier to achieve then you polish and/or add new content so its a great challenge and fun keeping everyone happy. Those who bitch about "i didnt have it easy" THIS WILL KILL THE GAME 100% guaranteed and i am not asking, see all other private or otherwise servers who listen to this bullshit.  We push hard during week, only for one thing, to be ready for pvp but we see MoneyTeam game over, all your hopes gone as we will NEVER catch up at this rate.  My son and his friends already gave up (11 players), i am still holding on, hoping i can bring them back and have good fun.

1) Make the game less grindy and all can achieve end game easier (not overnight)

2) While adding content that uses what is already in game rather than new content.

3) This gives time to make more patches for even newer content while revolving current content to keep us busy.

looking forward to the upcoming Patch Vendetta Team, hope you see my post as a simple observation from a very experienced gamer that loves gaming.

your staff is also fantastic!

Hello Jordan, first of all thanks for replying.

As for my suggestion for meteors I will defend it, but I understand if you do not want to change:
I know they are designed to work this way so you only have two active, but this game has changed to much that I personaly don't think we shouldn't change because original design. Adding 5% move speed, cast speed and attack speed on classes that usually goes for the 5% atk and hp won't change to much and that's exactly why I think it's a good change, it will be helpfull when someone needs and a Rainbow Meteor just seems much cooler while not changing to much for people who already use atk and hp meteors.
As I said, we understand if that's not a change you're willing to make, but Mozza told me he played without attack meteor for 10 hours because he forgot to change it back to fire meteor in item support rofl.

I agree that changing Wind Will wont change to much, it's just a little help for those who still didn't get to the 100% m-crit and also because Mecha seems like the most ranged class used so it feels kinda wrong that ranged class buffs are a bit useless to him (besides the ACC).
Great to hear that you might revamp some racial skills. I don't want they to be strong as they was when they was released, because sometimes it was frustrating to play against, just hope they won't be useless as they're now. I'm sure you have much more game knowleged than me so I know you will make great changes when you do.

It's okay if you don't want to add achievement transfer for every aspect, it's boring to remake achievements, but since it's opitional to make an alt it's okay if you are agaisnt the change.

About world bosses respawn, I came up with this suggestion while doing the T achievement for my alt, so I understand that the drop rates are good, and it's easy to find one boss alive, the real problem is that when you kill one, people will remember they have to kill and then start killing to, and all though people has all right to kill world bosses you're not killing but planning, it's very annoying that is why I think it's a good change.

I also agree that 95 awaken sets are still in meta, and they shouldn't be easy to get, but lowering the CCM cost, even tho it's lower than before is good because you still have to get all set parts, 66k gold, kill world bosses, farm 45 DoS Golden Tokens.
The reall problem about 44k CCM here isn't farming for the sets, is that while you farming for the sets you still need more CCM for awaken lv100 weapons.
I was helping one player to get gear and lost acess to my account, i'm just quoting what he said to me on discord today about awaken sets and stuff:
"cause at this point i am getting frustrated with the amount of things to do to be able to compete or stand on my own two feet
its silly as f**k
without ur help and my wallet i would be fucked
Gems, f**ng +14 all of this s**t and then the awakening sets etc
dam it!"
So i'm okay with those sets being a little hard to get, but CCM should be atleast replaced with another thing to farm.
And actually, people do fortf 95 and 100 nom-awakened weapons, and the reason they do that is because they know they're going to use it for a long time before getting awakened gears.
What I can tell you being a player who came back to the server with lv85 gears and now playing with some new players who is trying to get gears, having to farm is okay, but when you have so much to farm and so little to do, it becames frustrating.
Since CCM isn't the easiet currency to farm, i think if you lower it to something low like 1k and increase the golden tokens to 10 instead of 5, it would be easier for those guys.

It's great to here that you're already concerned(froge) with the new players, becoming more noobfriendly, so I won't make any other suggestion regard this matter.

I actually LOVE that GoP is hard to do, and "new gop" should be harder. The suggestion to increase gatekey drop is just because there's not much people doing gop now days, so it's not easy to find a party, so it would be nice to see people getting as much as stuff as they can when they can go. (Of course nothing ridiculous like 10 gatekey per run, understand "as much" like the higher you think you can make and still have a porpuse on learning gop mechanics)

Thanks for always paying attention to our suggestions. And I hope anything i'm saying can be usefull for your future changes.

BTW, now I get why TK sets have more base armor than Lv100 120% gears. As friend asked if you was insane to make TK sets have higher def then Lv100 golden stuff. I will tell him that it was actually a good move rofl

• Like 1

• VGN GM

Personally I don't see forting a weapon or armor as an expense since stones are like a couple hundred gold each which a couple hours farming the rep quests in Crystal Utopia or running the dungeons if possible should be able to fort a set a day easy, It's not like before in aeria server where you have to grind a week to buy a stone or spend $100 for a single +14 weapon/armor. Here forting is practically free and the only costing thing is perfecting your forts which as a player trying to gear, that doesn't matter. Things new players should focus on its getting a +14 set and weapons to be able to pve, a good trophy with nice resistances on it like the DoS, DSR, BTS, DD, VL trophies. Make sure to enchant them too for the resistances and also to just farm rep quests if they don't want to spend real money on the game.

Also the idea behind doing all awaken sets was bonus stats, you can easily compete without them. I had a secret character for a while that I could get the most kills in TW with easily with only doing a single Awaken 95 set. Granted this was a couple patches ago but being quite frank +3 resistance and +5% attack is not going to make or break a character.

You should be able to PVP and PVE just fine with the following:
Glyphs: Must be bought
Armor: Must be +14 with atleast 3/5 forts being perfect (Shouldn't be too expensive)
Weapon: Must be +14 with as many perfect forts as possible
Shield: Must be +14 only important fort is Block.
Gems: All new map quests give a lot of resistance gems and can grind for the remaining.
1-65 Achievements on: Cloth Armor, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Shield, Weapon of Choice, Mining, Altar, Farm (Only if MDPS or Healer), HP Achievements (Not 1000% required but is really recommended).
Note: I say 1-65 but obviously i recommend 1-90 but not everyone can afford so 1-65 should be minimum.
CLASS LEVELS TO 85: Pretty much all awaken classes should be unlocked and leveled to 85 as a minimum, you get so much HP and other stats from just 5 levels. Again obviously aim for higher but this is a bare minimum.
Level: The higher the better, especially gor PvP.

This is a perfect example of someone striving to do everything before being able to play the game:

"cause at this point i am getting frustrated with the amount of things to do to be able to compete or stand on my own two feet
its silly as f**k
without ur help and my wallet i would be fucked
Gems, f**ng +14 all of this s**t and then the awakening sets etc
dam it!"

You don't need perfect gems, +14 isn't that expesnive and you don't need a single awaken set to play the game. You can get by easily by crafting a 100 set or even a 98 set. I honestly could make a PvP capable character without spending a penny on this game in less than 2 weeks alone with no help asside from peer parties that are capable of doing the 100 trials. Yes theres a lot of grinding involved but at the end of the day its a free to play game, your lucky we don't take the aeria approach and just make it ungrindable to the point that to even start playing there server you have to sell $100 ap to get a couple gears +14.

As a FYI statement:

BTW, now I get why TK sets have more base armor than Lv100 120% gears. As friend asked if you was insane to make TK sets have higher def then Lv100 golden stuff. I will tell him that it was actually a good move rofl

This is true, but these sets cannot be fortified so they act as if they're already +10.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FireLinkz said:

We push hard during week, only for one thing, to be ready for pvp but we see MoneyTeam game over, all your hopes gone as we will NEVER catch up at this rate.  My son and his friends already gave up (11 players), i am still holding on, hoping i can bring them back and have good fun.

Your son and friends should give it more time. If MoneyTeam wins without resistance now, you can easily blame the lack of discipline of other guilds when it comes to farming, learning the game and forming good team compositions. I'm not in MoneyTeam, so I'm not defending my guild, just pointing out straight facts.

This server is the most noob-friendly approach I've ever had to Eden Eternal, and I play it since beta. I remember the days where we had to go to dungeons (unlimited versions, there was no 0/2 or 0/10) in order to drop a boss-named weapon (there was no CCM vendor back then) and fort it to +6 in order to try doing trials. 

Nowadays, you can easily farm 20k+ gold everyday with an average character, I can do it from scratch and still have a PvP-ready character in less than 1 month. 

Every suggestion nowadays seems to be pointing towards noobs, but in my opinion we need more endgame value as people just leave game from boredom. Geared players just come back every few months to get all the new stuff and disappear as soon as the content is done. We need replayable content, challenges to do on a daily routine. New players already have an easy life when it comes to trying, they just don't want to, or at least don't know how.

@Edited because my first phrase looked too harsh, i'm sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Reikan,

thanks for your reply, 

If you didn't read my post in detail you would realize that i gave big commendations to the staff for helping/ the community itself is excellent, anyhow, you have valid points which also suggests you also need a balance in game.  You have not factored in competition from other similar games, that players who are attracted here probably are coming from a grind-fest as well, so to start again with another grind fest to be competitive is not optimal for them (you see this as mental weakness) when all we are "suggesting" is a less grindy experience, not a NO GRIND experience or hand me everything on a silver platter.

14 minutes ago, Reikan said:

Nowadays, you can easily farm 20k+ gold everyday with an average character, I can do it from scratch and still have a PvP-ready character in less than 1 month.

The above is great to hear, give some tips when you can, this really helps.

My point also was made and you proved it correct in reverting to what you had to do (things evolve) similar to how in life we now have a smartphone, back in the day you had to send a letter by mail :)

Thanks for adding your suggestions, its all for the best of our fun.

Honestly it just sounds like people rushing then getting frustrated trying to do to many things at one time. Make goals, pace yourself no one is rushing people to end game and having perfect gear, its a mmo, and you have to put time in it and work at it.With the addition of the new repeatables quest ccm and lving is so much easier now. Gold is even easier now with more dgns to farm even if you just do 0/2. One point you made I don't understand 'Also, I think all of those skills (for Tank classes, Meele, etc) could be changed, they're pretty much useless now days, ' Melee is in such a good spot right now compared to where it has been before its still better then most mdps for pve as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• VGN GM
5 hours ago, popzy said:

I don't understand 'Also, I think all of those skills (for Tank classes, Meele, etc) could be changed, they're pretty much useless now days,

I think he's refering too the racial skills and normal skills you get across classes and not really the actual classes themselves.

• Thanks 1

As long as we are talking about suggestions for the characters themselves...are you planning on making MP CEs actually useful? Right now, for the most part, it's actually worse to level MP classes because all the reserve skills are %MP/sec. I would like to try them but more base MP just screws you in the longrun unless every single class uses mp regen pots, wolf meat and mp cert (and sometimes the procs just don't happen and I can STILL ooM even with all 3, and again that's with no MP classes leveled).

• Thanks 1

• VGN GM
21 hours ago, Flonne said:

As long as we are talking about suggestions for the characters themselves...are you planning on making MP CEs actually useful? Right now, for the most part, it's actually worse to level MP classes because all the reserve skills are %MP/sec. I would like to try them but more base MP just screws you in the longrun unless every single class uses mp regen pots, wolf meat and mp cert (and sometimes the procs just don't happen and I can STILL ooM even with all 3, and again that's with no MP classes leveled).

There's nothing really that can be done about this other than changing the stat completely, however you need to remember the following factors in your statement.

The game has a base HP and MP regen that is always active in play. This % based so this add bonuses to this.

Skill MP costs go up as you level, this is number based so again if you're worried about % based MP drains and don't level up any sort of MP cost type stuff and high leveled skills will harm your MP too.

So although I agree that % MP is kinda gimped by leveling MP Class Expertise. Other area's are buff and sadly I just dont think there is anything we can do about this.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

There's nothing really that can be done about this other than changing the stat completely, however you need to remember the following factors in your statement.

The game has a base HP and MP regen that is always active in play. This % based so this add bonuses to this.

Skill MP costs go up as you level, this is number based so again if you're worried about % based MP drains and don't level up any sort of MP cost type stuff and high leveled skills will harm your MP too.

So although I agree that % MP is kinda gimped by leveling MP Class Expertise. Other area's are buff and sadly I just dont think there is anything we can do about this.

The whole concept of losing MP without doing anything kinda kills it for me. It doesn't feel like you're using your MP, it just feels like you must enjoy the ride before your MP drains out.

I'd completely get rid of the MP%/sec stuff and go back to the roots, having temporary buffs.

Then, if you feel like the classes aren't really using MP, you can make the MP cost for skills a bit higher, so at least it would feel like we're using our MP instead of seeing it vanish by itself.

PS: Auras and skills to remove MP from enemies could be buffed too, bringing new classes to the PVP scenario.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

Is it possible to change those CEs into something else entirely? Like, instead of them adding MP, have them add something else that CEs don't currently add, or even just default to atk/matk/gheal based on what type of class it is?

• VGN GM
9 hours ago, Reikan said:

The whole concept of losing MP without doing anything kinda kills it for me. It doesn't feel like you're using your MP, it just feels like you must enjoy the ride before your MP drains out.

I'd completely get rid of the MP%/sec stuff and go back to the roots, having temporary buffs.

Then, if you feel like the classes aren't really using MP, you can make the MP cost for skills a bit higher, so at least it would feel like we're using our MP instead of seeing it vanish by itself.

PS: Auras and skills to remove MP from enemies could be buffed too, bringing new classes to the PVP scenario.

Or you could toggle them only when they're needed like intended instead of running around with them constantly ticking skills costing mana always gets to a point where people end up with bottomless mana or your get the opposite its impossible to balance unless you're changing it on a per patch basis.

7 hours ago, Flonne said:

Is it possible to change those CEs into something else entirely? Like, instead of them adding MP, have them add something else that CEs don't currently add, or even just default to atk/matk/gheal based on what type of class it is?

Maybe in future but quite honestly theres more important things for the game than something like this cause like I said there is many other factors that counter act this and although it doesn't completely nullify the effect it definatly helps cause just remember. % based MP recoveries are more effective on people with higher mana.