Troxx

Reputation ranks

So, the idea is to:

reset whole server's reputation to 1kk (cuz of trade limit),

normalise the reputation we get from raiding,kills in fc,won ICs etc

increase the amout of reputation needed to optain existing rep icons (like make green eltie range 5 000 000-10 000 000 rep and so on)

invent the top1,2,3 reputation ranks icons and the other ones and

invent the special ''speakers'' of top1,2,3 reputation rank holders.

• Like 1

- There are players that tryhardet to get that amount of reputation. It's not fair to reset all (e.g. a player with 200kk rep and a player with 15kk rep) to 1kk rep.
- Those special speakers are annoying af (If you mean the orange one which appears on the lower center of your screen, I saw those on the german official server). They are like family shoutouts. Turning off all speakers won't help here if you want to read the normal ones.

• Like 1

Why do you think there are players "tryharding" to get reputation? Correct theres no reason to have reputation. This suggestion has to do with having a reason to get high reputation and getting 25k~ rep each raid(2-3 min) or 45k+ rep each kill in FC isnt tryharding at all imo .

Also the amount of orange speakers is limited (10 each 24 hrs as I remember) so wont be annoying at all I guess

1 hour ago, Troxx said:

Why do you think there are players "tryharding" to get reputation? Correct theres no reason to have reputation. This suggestion has to do with having a reason to get high reputation and getting 25k~ rep each raid(2-3 min) or 45k+ rep each kill in FC isnt tryharding at all imo .

Because you want to reach the limits that games give you. Many players want to reach achievements and having 200kk rep is one of them. Do you have 200kk rep? There are not that many players with 200kk rep so it is an attractive goal to reach.

1 hour ago, Troxx said:

Also the amount of orange speakers is limited (10 each 24 hrs as I remember) so wont be annoying at all I guess

You can abuse those special speakers to annoy people. I do think that it could annoy many players even if they are limited to 10/day (3 top players = 30 speaker/day).

6 hours ago, Ferox said:

Because you want to reach the limits that games give you. Many players want to reach achievements and having 200kk rep is one of them. Do you have 200kk rep? There are not that many players with 200kk rep so it is an attractive goal to reach.

The maximum reputation those player reached was getting 25k reputation each raid (2-3 min raids), 50k by killing ppl in fc, and so on.Also as I mentoined it is absolutely not challanging and not worthit to have a lot of reputation, you get nothing out of it and what Im actually saying is give us a reason to work on reputation . If not reseting to 1kk reputation, then another option would be to reduce everyone's reputation by 90% which would give a ''Headstart'' those who got more reputation than others.

6 hours ago, Troxx said:

The maximum reputation those player reached was getting 25k reputation each raid (2-3 min raids), 50k by killing ppl in fc, and so on.Also as I mentoined it is absolutely not challanging and not worthit to have a lot of reputation, you get nothing out of it and what Im actually saying is give us a reason to work on reputation .

I could just repeat what I wrote before.

absolutely not challanging - Ofc it is challanging, you could check the ranking ingame (n -> Rep. Rankings) and see that it is not full of 200kk players yet (Isn't working atm, should be back soon I guess).And if you do those 25k rep raids only (for pve players e.g.), you still need to do 8.000 raids and that is a lot of work.

not worthit / you get nothing out of itWhy are you playing games? It's not because you earn money from it or something else. You just do it for fun, don't you? For some players (like me) it is worth to have a lot of rep, because it's fun and a goal some players want to reach (having 200kk rep). For pve it's not really worth to level up to c50 too but some players do that because it looks better -> not worth?

6 hours ago, Troxx said:

If not reseting to 1kk reputation, then another option would be to reduce everyone's reputation by 90% which would give a ''Headstart'' those who got more reputation than others.

I don't think reducing everyone's rep is a good way to handle this. You can compare it with reducing everyone's gold by 20%. Not many players really liked that.

But I do agree with the basic idea to do more about reputation in Nostale. Like inserting new icons (10kk rep, 20kk rep, 50kk rep, 100kk rep, 200kk rep) or just raising the reputation limit to 500kk for example.

Since when is 200kk rep an atractive goal when it's still red elite icon and absolute no use? 

+1 

There must come new icon's and "everyone would reach legend in 1 week" is a really bad argument, everyone reach red elite already in 1 week cause like it's said the problem is the high amount of rep we get.

Turn down the rep amount, reset all rep and add new icon's... red elite it's a joke 

A change in rep system would motivate many people cause the goal isnt the amount of rep, it's the icon what people want

@Bash please, we need a change... we are tired of red elite 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, required said:

Since when is 200kk rep an atractive goal when it's still red elite icon and absolute no use? 

+1 

There must come new icon's and "everyone would reach legend in 1 week" is a really bad argument, everyone reach red elite already in 1 week cause like it's said the problem is the high amount of rep we get.

Turn down the rep amount, reset all rep and add new icon's... red elite it's a joke 

A change in rep system would motivate many people cause the goal isnt the amount of rep, it's the icon what people want

@Bash please, we need a change... we are tired of red elite 

It has already been proposed several times to insert new icons to differentiate players who engage in reputation farming.
Lowering the reputation to everyone would be useless, given that those who sweated to have it would lose it as if it were nothing, while those who have recently begun will not care.
It has also been proposed to allow everyone to choose their own reputation icon (such as a person likes green Nos while others like Blue Master).

Moreover, if the reputation of Legend is added and beyond, people would be pushed into a vulgar competition that would ruin the place of excellence in reputation farming (Act 4).

You talk about green nos and people who sweated for 200kk? Wtf bro we are on vendetta you can ask some frozen crown people how they sweated for 200kk by killing only buffchars and you said "like it were nothing", correctly bro actually 200kk is really nothing, nothing to spend time for, nothing for any use, nothing in having any reason to get, cause you still have red elite, nothing nothing and again nothing... the actual rep system it's a complete fail

People like me and people who want to care about rankings or the look of their char/icon want legend icons or the crown there are not only people who like a boring lvl 80 green nos imagine  and it would make frozen crown more atractive since you cant even farm your own chars for getting rep. Of course there must come some other things withit for example : you get only rep AND POINTS by killing an 99+30+ char in frozen crown or something like that cause at this moment there is complete no reason to go frozen crown and having fun..no and i feel like a 93+0 lvl with red elite thats just boring i would prefer no icon insted of seeing red elite any longer, then add an option to block the icons like speakers or costume hats 

38 minutes ago, Gyado said:

Lowering the reputation to everyone would be useless, given that those who sweated to have it would lose it as if it were nothing, while those who have recently begun will not care.
It has also been proposed to allow everyone to choose their own reputation icon (such as a person likes green Nos while others like Blue Master).

Moreover, if the reputation of Legend is added and beyond, people would be pushed into a vulgar competition that would ruin the place of excellence in reputation farming (Act 4).

well yea thats why I said reducing rep by 90% would be giving a nice ''headstart'' to the higher reputation players. even tho its not like ppl are playing for rep nowadays, you just go raiding to farm moneys and u end up with 300k~ rep each hour.

so decreasing the rep amount we get from raids,fc kills,won ics and whatever else wouldnt be a bad idea.

I mean we get 50k~ rep each kill in fc when theres a raid on-going xD

Thing is, next max icon we add will be achieved and everyone will be "sick" of that as well.

Reputation is something I don't care about in this game, people just farm alts and abuse it. It's not something you all should gloat about achieving given every single one of you have abused it.

well last time i checked ppls rep, there fc score also included 1k+ kills and maybe 1 death, almost like they buying rep, or killing friends alts still, so rep is pointless ingame currently, as ppl will always find somethign to cheat to gain rep

2 hours ago, Bash said:

Thing is, next max icon we add will be achieved and everyone will be "sick" of that as well.

Reputation is something I don't care about in this game, people just farm alts and abuse it. It's not something you all should gloat about achieving given every single one of you have abused it.

That's why rep system needs a rework. Its not challenging at all to get 200kk rep (even if u don't abuse alts or anything similar). So the reset + a few other adjustments as I suggested on other post, would be nice.

Just now, hollowknight said:

That's why rep system needs a rework. Its not challenging at all to get 200kk rep (even if u don't abuse alts or anything similar). So the reset + a few other adjustments as I suggested on other post, would be nice.

I'm aware, it's just not a priority.

• Thanks 1

ppl were buying rep and killing own alts even in official servers, dont think there is a way to stop that. Unless Bash could make the amount of rep we get from kills be higher when we kill higher levels, and if the person we killed is lower lvl, make it give us less reputation. I know even this wouldnt stop ppl killing alts but would help somehow. Doubt someone would make 10 alts 99(+50) just to hold #1 rank xD