What about thinking new graphics engine in Scarlet Blade?

yoichi

This video recorded with gtx 1050 medium graphic card. So you can see Frame per second with Ultra graphics.(Ofc not optimised, just did for test) if you have very potatoe pc; then down to lowest graphics, it can be playable min 30 fps.

• VGN GM

You can't just replace a graphics engine like that. You'd require the source of the game for one and you would need many many hours of updating all the graphics library calls or even possibly stripping them out and starting from scratch. Then you might run into incompatibility issues.

As for changing the entire engine to UE4. Then you're going to be starting from scratch, so you wouldn't be changing the graphics engine you'd be remaking the entire game (asside from assets that you could rip from the game).

5 hours ago, Jordan said:

You can't just replace a graphics engine like that. You'd require the source of the game for one and you would need many many hours of updating all the graphics library calls or even possibly stripping them out and starting from scratch. Then you might run into incompatibility issues.

As for changing the entire engine to UE4. Then you're going to be starting from scratch, so you wouldn't be changing the graphics engine you'd be remaking the entire game (asside from assets that you could rip from the game).

Yeah, you're right. sorry for misunderstanding. i tried remake in UE4 with ripped models. So i didnt updated from client librarys.

However if i can revive in UE4, this provides more advantages, cause you got an full source code and server code.
i can make modes like Bike racer, TouchDown , DeathMatch, Arena or more.

Also im reviving another mmo project named Land of Chaos Online 2 Revolution from alaplaya/danal game. you can see in steam what i did for old game. (I didnt put link, you can easily search in google)

• VGN GM
2 hours ago, yoichi said:

Yeah, you're right. sorry for misunderstanding. i tried remake in UE4 with ripped models. So i didnt updated from client librarys.

However if i can revive in UE4, this provides more advantages, cause you got an full source code and server code.
i can make modes like Bike racer, TouchDown , DeathMatch, Arena or more.

Also im reviving another mmo project named Land of Chaos Online 2 Revolution from alaplaya/danal game. you can see in steam what i did for old game. (I didnt put link, you can easily search in google)

It's a big project to under go for something like this so if you desire to remake it then go for it. As I specialize in UE4 i'd have to let you know that the Engine is poorly designed for MMORPG style games. So if you where to do this you'd have to do a considerable amount of recoding to the network driver or in most cases just re-create your own server architecture for the game. As at best with stock Unreal Engine you can get about 15-20 people in a game and if you develop a strong replication graph you can multiply that number by around 10 but anything more than that will need a lot more.

38 minutes ago, Jordan said:

It's a big project to under go for something like this so if you desire to remake it then go for it. As I specialize in UE4 i'd have to let you know that the Engine is poorly designed for MMORPG style games. So if you where to do this you'd have to do a considerable amount of recoding to the network driver or in most cases just re-create your own server architecture for the game. As at best with stock Unreal Engine you can get about 15-20 people in a game and if you develop a strong replication graph you can multiply that number by around 10 but anything more than that will need a lot more.

Unreal Engine 4 has spec only basic methods. Optimization is what the developer will do. Like: If your server have 100 players, but this players they has different locations. you just need to basically method "distance check". it means; 70 players so far away from a client, then just 30 players is listening to replication graphs depends to lowest distances. Also i never use to Frame Tick Nodes. so when player did something. just sending once them to all listening clients.

So its not poorly designed mmo or rpg games. 🙄

• VGN GM
2 minutes ago, yoichi said:

Unreal Engine 4 has spec only basic methods. Optimization is what the developer will do. Like: If your server have 100 players, but this players they has different locations. you just need to basically method "distance check". it means; 70 players so far away from a client, then just 30 players is listening to replication graphs depends to lowest distances. Also i never use to Frame Tick Nodes. so when player did something. just sending once them to all listening clients.

So its not poorly designed mmo or rpg games. 🙄

Yes I'm fully aware on how the replication graph works, I'm also very well aware of how the Engine Core works in terms of its network and replication side. I'm not saying its impossible to make an MMORPG with Unreal Engine as I myself have worked on one that was made in Unreal Engine. But without either a Custom Server Application running instead of the standard Replication Network or considerable amount of changes to the internel engine source to optimize you're going to struggle running more than the 100 people mentioned.

Every single object in the world will have to be optimized to near perfection to reach 200 players and further than you've got no chance.

Either way I was just explaining it from a UE4 developers POV, if you think you can do it then go right ahead I'm not here to stop you or anything like that. 😐

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 8:59 AM, yoichi said:

I can get your reviews. 

Also i am game developer in unreal 4. i did this because im bored to doing other my mmo game.

If everyone want more wish for revive this game. i can try it i guess.

Image result for don't give me hope meme

Just my way of saying I'd love so much for this game to be revived with respectable and decent graphics. But given the nature of the game, and the fact that it's the IP of Liveplex, I have to resign myself to the text in the pic above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, arc1276 said:

Image result for don't give me hope meme

Just my way of saying I'd love so much for this game to be revived with respectable and decent graphics. But given the nature of the game, and the fact that it's the IP of Liveplex, I have to resign myself to the text in the pic above.

But its doesnt affect on here? :D

• 4 weeks later...

sooo.... btw, years ago i used an "high-res-texture-not-fully-nude-mod" but cant find it anymore....
in general, is there any lib with enhanced assets for the game in general?
how far can i go with reshade sweetfx enb etc?

risking any "anti-cheat" triggers with visual injects and postprocessing effects?

• 3 months later...