Any chance of a private Grand fantasia??

MrShadow

• 3 weeks later...

Tbh I know running already 3 games is a lot of work and takes a huge amount of time. There was a fake announce for a new GF p-Server and in not even one week close to 2k people joined the Discord ready to play and spend money (a lot of GF player are hard casher 1-3k€). If the GMs maybe would try to check how many ppl are interested (a voting we could share or by creating a discord or anything like this) they could think about if its worth and maybe find some people who are interested in taking a part of the work creating/helping to create the server. Also the Official server got so many problems and bad patches same as EE and most of the balancing problems in GF are way easier to solve than in EE also GF doesnt need a huge effort to add new endgame content since it got enough to do and also got a big focus on PvP. Even adding new content or balancing et - I already know around 10 ppl who would love to spend their time helping as much as they can since they dont like the Official server and told me they would immediately come back if VGN opens a server.

I appreciate your work on all the other games you keep alive and let the people have fun at but in my opinion none of the games you hosting atm had a this huge playerbase as GF. Even PT/ES/JP/FR/BR players who cant talk/write english would play on the server since they played the game long enough to know how it works. 

I would love to get a reaction from our loved Bash if we could try to find out how many people are interested and how many people could or want to spend time to start a project like thi cuz I dont htink the team size atm is able to hande one more game, I think more of they could need some more help in the other games aswell. Maybe there is a chance to find some volunteers helping out with the old games aswell as with a new project. ❤️

• Like 1

Before the VGN close this post I'd like to say that I know it's already a mess the management of 3 servers and obviously I know that you guys when decide to open a server is because you don't want to make the server and let it run 3-5 months without info or patches or something new; but Idk, this game has a lot of content and only requires balance and really good GS's that love and help with events, also as inceptionz said, this game only needs balancing like PvP stuff(because we know that you guys won't let people gear up to +999 at lvl 30 or if that happen you try to put something to let us gear up a little less than those guys), fame, drop, crafting buff. And don't get me wrong I know u won't think about this at least for these months, but it would be nice, and you saw that a lot of people will support the team if this comes true. :)

PS: Keep it up with the hardworking guys!

We know but what im interested in is: What does it take you to open a new server. What are the things you guys need to open another game. Maybe there is something the community is able to do. Would love to know how we could help to maybe give the game a new chance.

You cant plan or think about another game with the ressources atm thats obviously.

2 hours ago, inceptionz said:

We know but what im interested in is: What does it take you to open a new server. What are the things you guys need to open another game. Maybe there is something the community is able to do. Would love to know how we could help to maybe give the game a new chance.

You cant plan or think about another game with the ressources atm thats obviously.

Well, I guess the main reason is time, they also have life and problems.

• 4 weeks later...

J'attendais de devenir GS pour les joueurs francophones / hispanique, je suis prêt a faire un don et demander à l'aide de certains de mes amis programmateurs pour faciliter le processus travail, honnêtement je pense même qu'un serveur privé grand fantasia pourrait venir en tête d'affiche de vendettagn, de nouveau débuté à la communauté de se préparer, il va falloir peu d'imagination et de choses au début pour animer un peu , mais bon là n'est pas encore le sujet

• 2 months later...

yo, I'm here to ask you guys about the GF, I know, it's boring to answer the same thing all the time, but we need, we f**king really need a GF Private server that works properly, all we have now is GFIG but this one is nothing more than dust now, we will appreciate a new server by Vendetta, I have played other games by you guys and I really loved it.

Think about pls. <3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 3:39 PM, Zes said:

Bump... 2020. Everyone's in quarantine.. perfect time if you ask me.. we are practically begging for this

True that. As i said before if they really need help to start something like this: I guess there are a lot of ppl in this community who would help (guess there are some ppl with coding experience etc).

@Bash How can you not see a benefit on creating a GF server? There are thousands of people who love Grand Fantasia and would give everything to have a classic server just like the good old days, in those thousands of people, hundreds of them are pay2winners, for some odd reason GF players always tend to spend money on that game, that reason alone should be motive enough to make you at least consider launching a server.
Besides all that money related stuff, we are a huge community, that server would probably be the bigger server you would ever have, it may not look like it, but the success on a well made GF server is 100% guaranteed.
We all just want you to at least try and consider giving us such joy, we all love that game, but the current servers are just awfully pay2win, which means, a good server would bring all the players together, and would be super fun :)
Well anyways, thanks for your attention and sorry if there are some spelling errors, I'm sleepy at the moment.

• Like 4

@Bash  I understand you may see it that way but trust me as a long time player this game is totally worth it, with a large community  like gf it will bring about enough cash flow and entertainment for the VGN team. A**ia as we know them to do just milked the poor game and that drove away 90% of the community. As long as the game is managed properly you're bound to have a long, stable and fruitful  run..

Just Imagine the amount of players that returned when they heard that new GF  siwa server was launching  with the idea that they undid all the wrong  of the previous servers and that this one be balanced and properly managed... channels were so full youd get disconnected and lag out.. that's the strengh of the GF community .. massive... and  faithful despte all A**ia's flumps everyone decided to give them a chance and well... eveyone knows how that went... just another cow to milk

. Anyway I urge you to give this a go and you won't regret trust and believe.. this will be massive and everyone on here can vouch for that because our GF community is Massive! 

• Like 2

• VGN GM

What you guys need to remember is with Classic Eden Eternal I experianced that first hand as a player and now have a good few years of Eden Eternal development under my belt to the point that the situations between the games are always going to be different and the success rate would be different.

Regardless if me or Bash took on this game as a developer neither of us have played this game and neither of us have any experiance with the games features. Now the games are similar so I have the advantage of knowing the game systems already but being able to provide a different experiance to US and make a server with a good and sustainable experiance isn't going to be easy.

A lot of troubles with Twin Saga can be attributed to this. Then the risk of opening this game can ultimately damage our other games as time has to be allocated to this game too and since it doesn't get official content anymore I believe it will be a case like Eden where we'd have to make content for you to not get bored.

Before anyone says "Well just hire someone from the community". That's one of the dumbest decisions ever as the second that person gets access to develop content whats stopping them downloading it to there PC and saying "See Ya" then opening their own server. The position I'm in is a result of years of trust building and Bash isn't just going to pick some random up he doesn't know and put them in the same position.

@Jordan  Hey Jordan

We understand the success rate would be different but I'm still positive that this will be big. Not as big ad the original of course..  I believe as long as the exposure is there and people are aware of the release then there's really no question of success, all that's left is the execution by you guys. 

As for the content not sure if I'm on the same page as you but majority of people preferred the old patches and limitations.. the extensive stuff put out by the current is what killed the population as it tipped the balance scale.. 

I don't know much about coding and the work that this requires  and I'm sure it's a lot but the success will be worth it. The lack of game play experience and how things work, this could be where we make our contribution and provide you guys with what information we can. I wouldn't reccomend hiring random people for sure that never works out but you can use us on here for valuable gameplay information  as to the extra strain placed on your small team of course a new employee would solve that but i guess finding the right person is difficult also.. maybe someone here can suggest something useful

• Like 1

• VGN GM

Just please understand, we would love to but we just don't have the capacity right now to achieve a launch. We've been very very close to launching this game once before so it's not as if we don't have to it's just not the right time and may never be.

7 hours ago, Bash said:

Just please understand, we would love to but we just don't have the capacity right now to achieve a launch. We've been very very close to launching this game once before so it's not as if we don't have to it's just not the right time and may never be.

I absolutely understand all of your points same counts for Jordan (especially the thing with stealing the data if you would involve "volunteers"). The thing is (in my opinion since ive played EE for years and GF for like 8 or 9 years) EE is a way more PvE focussed game than GF is. Endgame in GF is about PvP and optimizing your gear. There are three main reasons why the game dies: 1. Aeria doesnt ban people who missbehave because of AP AP as well as they dont treat people in the community the same. 2. They fucked up class balance with releasing broken classes to force everyone to make them then they literally nerfed all classes instead of these both and PvP is hella boring so there is no sense to go into PvP (either u are one shot or all are immortal). 3. The game is next level p2w because of things like GM wishes and the only focus in this game is on clays (which could be changed so this game makes still huge profit but you arent forced to pay 600€ per month to keep up with others). 

Last year there was a big announced pserver for GF there was a Discord server about it etc. In under 2 weeks over 5000 people joined that Discord while most people (especially spanish, portuguese) didnt join cuz they thought its fake or dont speak english well so only their friends who speak english joined the server to translate the announcements. 
I absolutely dont know if 5k players is a lot for you but its more than the playerbase on all official servers together.
This game is kinda a selfrunner and new dungeon content isnt what is needed to keep the game alive. The PvP needs to be "fine" not even perfect and people play this game forever. The community formed (cuz the GMs asked us to) a group of experienced PvP players to write down things which arent really balanced or could be changed also what needs to be changed and other stuff how to improve the gameplay in PvP, PvE or whatever. I know people who just play the game to spam dungeons even if u dont get anything out of it. 
The best example for how crowded this server could be was the new server called "Siwa" they started in 2018 if im right. Ive seen some problems already one week before launch and told the GM (he got fired) about it but he said its all carved in stone and there is no chance to change things and so it happened (what a wonder - aeria doesnt know to run games idk if they even know how to run by themselfes) and the game failed after 4 months and people STILL spent thousands of dollars/euro. I know at least 4-5 people who spent (each of them) around 0,7-2k at a single event. Just imagine how it could work if some brains (take it as a compliment) like you run a server. You did a great if not even perfect job for EE. I loved that game and i still do but my heart will always beat for Grand Fantasia cuz it has several unique things ive never seen in any other of the dozens f2p games ive played.

Holy shit i already wrote a novel so i try to sum this up fast and precisely.

Pros:
- 5k+ people who would play
- a lot of whales (high spenders for ppl who dont know this) and mostly all players spend around 10-50 per month
- old players could come back, 50% left because of Aeria

- selfrunner-game because of PvP focus and long time focussed PvE (you don't farm stuff as fast as in Eden and ppl still dont get bored)

- People are done with Aeria they stay because there is only a bad private Server around which is pretty dead and did literally ALL mistakes Aeria did itself - a lot of people are searching for exactly this thing (even more through quarantine which will last way longer than expected)

- The community is all time ready to help out with ideas for changes or whatever, you dont have to do this alone

- If there is time to create new content for you it is pretty easy because X-Legend didnt use existing part in the game ( they never expanded items or already existing content) they just released new things which doesnt even match the game

- The game is as Jordan mentioned similar to EE in a lot of things, mechanics etc. 

- for example GF got a resistance system like EE which doesnt work since release (like how tf) and just implementing this working would already make the community freak out since it could change the whole gameplay

- Players are already happy with a PvP Event instead of regular content - there have been tons of Player hosted events without GMs or Gs getting involved before the new classes came

Cons:

- new classes needs to be removed or changed from their penetration focus to defdown as all other classes, since penetration doesnt work with this game

- a lot of spells with durations, dmg, cooldowns must be adjusted to balance the game (this is especially needed for high lvl or endlvl content) but balancing is a progress and it was ignored since this game was released - balancing wont happen in one day but is also the biggest part to do (since i have no clue how much work it is to change the new classes. if their code isnt salad it should be fine but ive never seen their code)

- it could take some time to think how to make this game as much non p2w as you did with EE (great job. never thought thats possible) of course there must be profit but profit doesnt necessarily needs p2w

Other people: You are free to add pros/cons yourself - to keep it objective try to find a con for every pro argument (not like me pls im trash).

Jordan & Bash: I absolutely understand that you dont want to open a game which u have to close a few months later because of missing capacities. I would love to stay in touch or discuss about this with you (maybe per Discord in a private atmosphere to keep this civilized and the chat clear) feel free to text me if you got any questions about this game or the possibilities (Discord: Cruzzades #0940)

• Like 1

• VGN GM
12 hours ago, inceptionz said:

I absolutely understand all of your points same counts for Jordan (especially the thing with stealing the data if you would involve "volunteers"). The thing is (in my opinion since ive played EE for years and GF for like 8 or 9 years) EE is a way more PvE focussed game than GF is. Endgame in GF is about PvP and optimizing your gear. There are three main reasons why the game dies: 1. Aeria doesnt ban people who missbehave because of AP AP as well as they dont treat people in the community the same. 2. They fucked up class balance with releasing broken classes to force everyone to make them then they literally nerfed all classes instead of these both and PvP is hella boring so there is no sense to go into PvP (either u are one shot or all are immortal). 3. The game is next level p2w because of things like GM wishes and the only focus in this game is on clays (which could be changed so this game makes still huge profit but you arent forced to pay 600€ per month to keep up with others). 

Last year there was a big announced pserver for GF there was a Discord server about it etc. In under 2 weeks over 5000 people joined that Discord while most people (especially spanish, portuguese) didnt join cuz they thought its fake or dont speak english well so only their friends who speak english joined the server to translate the announcements. 
I absolutely dont know if 5k players is a lot for you but its more than the playerbase on all official servers together.
This game is kinda a selfrunner and new dungeon content isnt what is needed to keep the game alive. The PvP needs to be "fine" not even perfect and people play this game forever. The community formed (cuz the GMs asked us to) a group of experienced PvP players to write down things which arent really balanced or could be changed also what needs to be changed and other stuff how to improve the gameplay in PvP, PvE or whatever. I know people who just play the game to spam dungeons even if u dont get anything out of it. 
The best example for how crowded this server could be was the new server called "Siwa" they started in 2018 if im right. Ive seen some problems already one week before launch and told the GM (he got fired) about it but he said its all carved in stone and there is no chance to change things and so it happened (what a wonder - aeria doesnt know to run games idk if they even know how to run by themselfes) and the game failed after 4 months and people STILL spent thousands of dollars/euro. I know at least 4-5 people who spent (each of them) around 0,7-2k at a single event. Just imagine how it could work if some brains (take it as a compliment) like you run a server. You did a great if not even perfect job for EE. I loved that game and i still do but my heart will always beat for Grand Fantasia cuz it has several unique things ive never seen in any other of the dozens f2p games ive played.

Holy shit i already wrote a novel so i try to sum this up fast and precisely.

Pros:
- 5k+ people who would play
- a lot of whales (high spenders for ppl who dont know this) and mostly all players spend around 10-50 per month
- old players could come back, 50% left because of Aeria

- selfrunner-game because of PvP focus and long time focussed PvE (you don't farm stuff as fast as in Eden and ppl still dont get bored)

- People are done with Aeria they stay because there is only a bad private Server around which is pretty dead and did literally ALL mistakes Aeria did itself - a lot of people are searching for exactly this thing (even more through quarantine which will last way longer than expected)

- The community is all time ready to help out with ideas for changes or whatever, you dont have to do this alone

- If there is time to create new content for you it is pretty easy because X-Legend didnt use existing part in the game ( they never expanded items or already existing content) they just released new things which doesnt even match the game

- The game is as Jordan mentioned similar to EE in a lot of things, mechanics etc. 

- for example GF got a resistance system like EE which doesnt work since release (like how tf) and just implementing this working would already make the community freak out since it could change the whole gameplay

- Players are already happy with a PvP Event instead of regular content - there have been tons of Player hosted events without GMs or Gs getting involved before the new classes came

Cons:

- new classes needs to be removed or changed from their penetration focus to defdown as all other classes, since penetration doesnt work with this game

- a lot of spells with durations, dmg, cooldowns must be adjusted to balance the game (this is especially needed for high lvl or endlvl content) but balancing is a progress and it was ignored since this game was released - balancing wont happen in one day but is also the biggest part to do (since i have no clue how much work it is to change the new classes. if their code isnt salad it should be fine but ive never seen their code)

- it could take some time to think how to make this game as much non p2w as you did with EE (great job. never thought thats possible) of course there must be profit but profit doesnt necessarily needs p2w

Other people: You are free to add pros/cons yourself - to keep it objective try to find a con for every pro argument (not like me pls im trash).

Jordan & Bash: I absolutely understand that you dont want to open a game which u have to close a few months later because of missing capacities. I would love to stay in touch or discuss about this with you (maybe per Discord in a private atmosphere to keep this civilized and the chat clear) feel free to text me if you got any questions about this game or the possibilities (Discord: Cruzzades #0940)

Thank you very much for your insight and efforts explaining this to us.

I cannot promise anything but I can see about doing something, we just need to be sure it fits right. I need to assess a few things including my own well being before I decide to take on another project. I've only recently returned and taking on a big project like this might be bad for the network at it's current stage.

The continued interest does re-ignite and I can't lie we had this game on the test server with a website and full back end all done. It was pretty much thumbs up and we had to cancel so it's not as if we've not been almost there before.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bash said:

Thank you very much for your insight and efforts explaining this to us.

I cannot promise anything but I can see about doing something, we just need to be sure it fits right. I need to assess a few things including my own well being before I decide to take on another project. I've only recently returned and taking on a big project like this might be bad for the network at it's current stage.

The continued interest does re-ignite and I can't lie we had this game on the test server with a website and full back end all done. It was pretty much thumbs up and we had to cancel so it's not as if we've not been almost there before.

Thanks for the fast reply. Yeh of course your and Jordan's health needs to be focussed on, as already stated no one wants you to run the game and overwork you, this affects the other games, you of course and will be the fast end of this try to start sth. like that. We definetely dont want to risk the current state or affect your health (again if im right). Also thats why i wrote this much to make clear there is a big playerbase and also a lot of spenders (over a long time) to be sure it makes profit and doesnt pull your other projects down. 

Right now Drownn created a Discord and we are trying to invite as many GF related ppl who agree with the idea and definetely would try it. Of course (since i know that from several bad experiences before) hype is often ad bad condition for a game to start so we try to make the people clear to not expect something but to show their interest.

Also we are trying to collect suggestions about the game and what needs to be changed or is most important to focus on. Is that a good thing for you? To know how much work needs to be done to make this game run well and not end like the Siwa server (well aeria sucks). I also would love to hear some things which are the most important for you GMs to run the game so the community could think about them.

Im really surprised you already had Test server (already more than aeria ever had LOL), but thats a really good thing cuz testing is a really important thing to make a game a long runner, interesting, with good gameplay and balance. Also it is (for me personally) a positive message cuz you already have experience with the GF code (probably more or the same as aeria works - no im not bashing aeria thats pretty much facts).

We posted the message you have written before in the Discord to make the whole discussion transparent and more understandable for the interested people. 

If you got any questions (doesnt matter what kind of -  well, maybe not my type of underwear) you are free to ask them here or to message in Discord.

• Like 3

Hell, I'm impressed and happy with the direction this topic took. I created this topic after the disappointment I had with grand fantasia eternal adventures, I had to try to create my own classic server, with my own ideas, I ended up creating an aura kingdom to do tests, since they are games with very similar "cores" , unfortunately I can't develop my grand fantasia because my programming knowledge is still limited, but I'm studying hard. : 3
I put a lot of hope in that shit and they just disappeared, so I decided to appeal to the vendetta, I was pretty sure it could result in something.
I really understand how the launch of a private grand fantasy server can affect current games, especially eden eternal classic, in which I am currently playing, precisely because there is no grand fantasy server that I like, the direction that this game took should not please 60% of the players, or even more.
A new server needs progression, I played on the siwa server, Jynx server and ignit's private, starting without any level limit was the main mistake of all these servers. I still believe that the lv60 limit that was spoken there is still very high, we need an lv40 limit for a few days, 50 plus a few weeks ... It's the time that the community would give feedback on the server, accumulate more players, 10x dungeons or prevent the creation of alts (It is quite difficult to prevent players from registering multiple accounts, asking for confirmation by SMS would be one of the ways)
limitless dungeon + alts creation = broken economy. I don't think changing any current skills is necessary, just removing the mechanic and wanderer classes would result in a better gameplay for all of us.
Well, I have a lot of ideas and tips, I’ve been playing grand fantasia since 2010 and I know enough about the game and I’m willing to help with whatever it takes
my discord MrShadow # 8394 english isnt my first language, but i can do something.