Aggresive and Passive enemies

Soditall

Im a newish player so dont take it too hard, but the whole passive and aggressive enemy placements are kinda messed up. All i want to do is grind  quests to get out if the area ive been in for days now.  Most quests have me running back and forth on the map which is irritating. Whats even more irritating is when im tasked with taking out 10-12 enemies who are passive but are almost always surrounded by aggresive enemies who attack on sight, wether you are in their range or not. I find it unfair when you are already attacking an enemy the same level as you and all of a sudden another enemy the same level as you but is marked aggresive comes charging at you.

This happens when youre not even trying ti fight. Just the other day i had to jump to my death in Merehold because when i tried clearing a quest after finding an item the quest told me to find, a mech type enemy attacked me and disrupted the menus screen. It follwed me where another aggressive enemy spitted me and soon i had two of them attacking me. I was down to about 40 percent of my health within two hits( one from each of them) while having the highest gear i could obtain at level 28. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/itmqDcG9UPKy2QMm7

My class is punisher and so far my equipment is:
Explorer Earrings
Veteran Necklace
Soldier Ring
Gammabane Ballista
Base Gammasbane Helmet with a transfusion
Base Gammasbane Suit+1
Base Gammasbane Kneeguards
Base Gammasbane Shoes
Base Gammasbane Bangle+1
And
Base Gammasbane Gloves.

ah, the base gamma are to help you in the process of getting actual rare gear (doesn't say base). the base gear have really low stats that will probably be the reason why you are dying so quickly. you also need to enhance your gear because that will be your major necessity to killing things faster and tanking better.

not sure what lvl you are but I suggest doing the easier dungeons for some gold and see if you get any rare gear you can use, or look on the auction house.

for lvl 29 and below as a punisher, its best to look for scout accessory for more crit dmg and seer accessory for more chacc and chakra dmg. 

Rare mechs also make everything significantly easier if you cant get your hands on one. always shout if you need help and someone might even help you buy some stuff lol.

• Thanks 1

At his level, I wouldn't expect him to have much gold on him to buy the ideal stat rates. If he hasn't been dungeoning, he won't have a lot of stardusts to enhance anything. If he does have stardusts, I'd suggest prioritizing your weapon in enhancing it. Kill the monsters before they kill you.

As a PU, you can use the range atks that hit only single mobs instead of a group. That should allow you to pull the ones you want to kill away from the more aggressive mobs. If you find the mobs that don't move around that could make it easier to isolate the passive mobs from aggressive mobs. That's just a thought.

20 hours ago, Soditall said:

Most quests have me running back and forth on the map which is irritating.

Tips to minimize redundant kill quest:

1. Only do series of level quests. Say, complete all lv20 quests before doing any lv21 quests.

2. Synchronize the tasks of both the main quests and the side quests by doing similar kill quests simultaneously. Say, complete both the main quest and side quest for killing mob X before doing any kill quest for mob Y.

3. If ya cant synchronize quests, then just do the main quests and disregard all side, daily, and repeat quests.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:54 PM, sicat said:

Tips to minimize redundant kill quest:

1. Only do series of level quests. Say, complete all lv20 quests before doing any lv21 quests.

2. Synchronize the tasks of both the main quests and the side quests by doing similar kill quests simultaneously. Say, complete both the main quest and side quest for killing mob X before doing any kill quest for mob Y.

3. If ya cant synchronize quests, then just do the main quests and disregard all side, daily, and repeat quests.

1) people don't want to do all the quests in the game in the first place, since there are only a specific quest lines that are necessary.

2) the main quests are more important than side quests and people can skip side quests for the most part, which do try to keep you in general location. Though the early quests are there to help players get familiar with the game, NPC, and map.

3) you an skip side quests, daily, and repeat. Though players do the side quests for the achievement. They do the daily and repeat for the gold and for the items that they give, not so much for exp. But no they shouldn't remove them as people do them for reasons stated, and they should keep them though maybe look at those quests later to adjust what is given for doing them.

• 2 months later...