Sign in to follow this  
Toast

Mdps Heavy Armor for heavy mdps

Recommended Posts

while i know most people just say fort Behemoth or  Berserker with mdps forts, i feel a true dedicated set for mdps is in order for them, simply putting mdps forts on a   set that has set bonuses for  pdps does not fully solve the issue it alleviates some of the problem but isnt a solution to it, please consider this idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this time I feel like it's not really needed as the Heavy Armor MDPS have been balanced in such a way to not require an MDPS set. Changing this would require a rebalance of the class too which people would hate more as no matter what I do to a class people seem to be un happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 11:57 PM, Toast said:

while i know most people just say fort Behemoth or  Berserker with mdps forts, i feel a true dedicated set for mdps is in order for them, simply putting mdps forts on a   set that has set bonuses for  pdps does not fully solve the issue it alleviates some of the problem but isnt a solution to it, please consider this idea 

Already is possible to cap all status together without MDPS heavy set.

doesn't necessary, if classes Like DE get a mdps set it will be broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i see your point and accept  it but i just dont see how  beneficial pdps tailored set bonuses  such as behemoth or berserker set help heavy armor dps  paladins(aside for str for block),  glacier knight dps and DE, i realize  it would have to be reworked but i just wanted to  voice  this suggestion


 

Edited by Toast
decided to remove the behemoth link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, Toast said:

i see your point and accept  it but i just dont see how  beneficial pdps tailored set bonuses  such as behemoth or berserker set help heavy armor dps  paladins(aside for str for block),  glacier knight dps and DE, i realize  it would have to be reworked but i just wanted to  voice  this suggestion


 

DE mdps is really good in game and doesnt have mdps set, if it get more stuff will be similar when DE drops in game, players getting 1 shot everytime, i know GK dps and PAladin dps isn't too usefull, but many others class wasnt and we dont needed a specific armor, maybe just change some class talest/skills can solve the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The topic creator won't understand why it's wrong to ask for MDPS Heavy Armor unless you explain with solid arguments.

Let me get this straight:

1: Heavy armors give far higher defense than other ones. Original magic classes wear Cloth or Light armor to balance the fact that they're pure DMG dealers, while Dragon Emperors, Paladins and other heavy armor users are magical bruisers that have more tankiness.

2: Gear Swap (specially into shields) is a core mechanic in PVP. Having access to free STR is a way to cap block easily, which is an advantage when it comes to tankiness. Original magic classes don't have access to that, which makes it harder to reach 50% block.

3: Due to the amount of free status from achievements and perfect resets (which are easy to get in VGN server), Heavy Armor users can reach the cap of all magic status even without a proper magic set. That means if you put enough effort, you can have a functional MDPS Paladin/Dragon Emperor. If we had a pure MDPS set, those classes could invest in more defensive status/gems without drawbacks, and we would have to deal with high burst classes with tons of resistances, DMG reductions and HP bonuses from gems/builds. Limiting how those classes get status is not a way to straight limit their DMG, but balancing how their role affect the game in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, infecttado said:

DE mdps is really good in game and doesnt have mdps set, if it get more stuff will be similar when DE drops in game, players getting 1 shot everytime, i know GK dps and PAladin dps isn't too usefull, but many others class wasnt and we dont needed a specific armor, maybe just change some class talest/skills can solve the problem.

you're overreacting xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean making a MDPS heavy set is not needed but it will just make things easier for people to get MDPS paladin/DE/GK. It is not really a big deal. It will most likely have INT base, which per calculations will at most give you around 5-7k Mattack depending on your gems setup on the current tier. It will also give base Mdps stats making it slightly easier to get stats for those mdps counterparts. Since INT is only *5 at the end, but multiplied as a white stat more, Damage increase would be at around +2~2.5% estimate with it being added. As Matk to output damage is not that high.

With the current tier of sets, you can get all stats but it just is not as easy as it would be for ''non properly geared/achievement'' players. That is about it.

The end scenario will be something like. You will be using more acc/int/mrate forts rather than using m crit dmg on every piece. You will also be able to manage using HP glyphs way easier than using M crit dmg glyphs. You will be able to change INT Magic eli gems into INT amplifier/fortune lck gems more. You will be able to use Gun/Frozen soil enchant rather than dementor.

But that is about where it goes. It will not entirely change the meta. It just will make things ''Easier'' for players, so they can reach optimal stats (example Having all stats + using HP glyphs can be hard for some players).

I'm neutral whether its added or not, it will not be a game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reikan said:

The topic creator won't understand why it's wrong to ask for MDPS Heavy Armor unless you explain with solid arguments.

Let me get this straight:

1: Heavy armors give far higher defense than other ones. Original magic classes wear Cloth or Light armor to balance the fact that they're pure DMG dealers, while Dragon Emperors, Paladins and other heavy armor users are magical bruisers that have more tankiness.

2: Gear Swap (specially into shields) is a core mechanic in PVP. Having access to free STR is a way to cap block easily, which is an advantage when it comes to tankiness. Original magic classes don't have access to that, which makes it harder to reach 50% block.

3: Due to the amount of free status from achievements and perfect resets (which are easy to get in VGN server), Heavy Armor users can reach the cap of all magic status even without a proper magic set. That means if you put enough effort, you can have a functional MDPS Paladin/Dragon Emperor. If we had a pure MDPS set, those classes could invest in more defensive status/gems without drawbacks, and we would have to deal with high burst classes with tons of resistances, DMG reductions and HP bonuses from gems/builds. Limiting how those classes get status is not a way to straight limit their DMG, but balancing how their role affect the game in general.

dont take me for a fool. i understood perfectly. i pvp'd in mainserver and amwell aware of the need for gearswaping  aswell as the other points you made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this