Design suggestions - Sets, clarity, new status

Reikan

Hello, it's me, Sirocco.

I'm writing this topic in order to talk about how our content is developed, and to discuss some ideas around future content.

Most of the people is waiting for a new set to come in. Be it a Lv105/110 set, a Lv100 awaken set, or anything in that line, we all know the next content probably involves a new set. Still, it will bring more stats to the game, and it might be paired with a new level cap (125? 130?) to keep our status in check (so we don't have all stats at cap). Also, I know our content developer Jordan likes to gives us multiple options when it comes to set (Lv95 awaken / Lv100 golden), but that's where my topic comes in hand.

We don't need to keep adding the same status in the same order as older content. There is room for creativity. Keeping adding new level caps don't sustain the population for a long time.

I know we can code stuff to work VS boss only, and we can have some status to trigger on certain maps only. We have lots of unused content, so my topic will be covering lots of stuff regarding new ideas for future sets or even contents in general.

My Suggestion:

1) New status:

- Tenacity: Lowers amount of time you spend on crowd control (Stuns, Mundane, Fear etc) in %.
- Endurance: Lowers DMG taken on PVP maps (Arena, Sakura, GvGs, TWs etc)
- Might: Extra DMG VS Boss monsters
- Protection: -DMG Taken from Boss monsters

2) New Lv100 PVP set

- Based on Arena sets, but activated on GvGs, Sakura and TWs
- Base status lowered
- Bonus +DMG, -DMG taken and -ACC on targets, like Lv95 awaken sets, but on PVP maps only.
- Bonus MoveSPD in PVP maps
- Extra gem slots like other PVP sets (6 on chest, 3 on other pieces)

3) Reworking Elysian Gems

- Tenacity and Endurance Gems added, only working in PVP maps
- Adding a new PVP-only currency to build those gems without relying on RNG only
- Adding those currency to 3v3 and 10v10 arenas, both winning and losing team winning some coins
- Balancing gems that are considered broken for TWs/GvGs

4) Reworking Arena Enchants

- Some of them are extremely broken for GvGs or TW, so balancing them will be needed to have a "pure PVP set" with all gems and enchants being PVP-map only, without ruining PVP experience.

5) New Lv100 Awaken set

- Higher base status compared to PVP sets, but no pure +DMG dealt or -DMG taken on bonuses
- Might bonus on INT/STR sets
- Protection bonus on WIS sets
- Elemental Blind VS Boss on AGI sets

6) New Tenacity and Endurance gems (Elysian Gems):

- Head Gem: Titan [Lowers duration of Crowd Control by 25%, but lowers DMG dealt and G-Healing -25%]
- Head Gem: Berserker [Lowers duration of Crowd Control by 15%, but DMG taken +5%]
- Head Gem: Martyr [Lowers duration of Crowd Control by 15%, but DMG dealt -15%]
- Body Gem: Iron Skin [DMG Taken on PVP maps -10%, but DMG dealt and G-Healing -5%]
- Body Gem: Rock Skin [DMG Taken on PVP maps -5%, but MoveSPD -5%]
- Body Gem: Toughness [DMG Taken on PVP maps -5%, but DMG dealt -5%]

Conclusion / Insights

The idea behind those sets is to gate a bit of how much status we can get, and how we should build towards both PVP and PVE. Not only that, we should be aiming at using already existent content to cut work, and build smart around the game mechanics.

A full PVE set would be aiming at Boss DMG (both dealt and taken), and reaching higher (near cap) base status, such as Crit Chance, DMG or EVA/ACC.

A full PVP set would be aiming at PVP DMG (both dealt and taken), and focusing on PVP mechanics such as cleansing debuffs, staying less time in CC-locks, and mobility (MoveSPD takes a huge part on PVP)

A new PVP currency will bring a new life to arenas. Even if people lose, they will still get an amount of that currency, so people will be queueing up more often. Using honor stars will only force people to POD, and that's not going to help bringing more PVP activity to the server.

Reworking some of the Elysian content might bring people there in order to farm for faster gems (if they don't want to buy it with the new currency, they can rely on RNG and try to build it via Elysian).

All suggestions are up to discussion, as long as it's for refining the idea and not completely dismiss it. Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

• VGN GM

We cannot make things VS boss only. There is also a lot of limitations on what we can make and what we cant make in terms of stats. Like honestly speaking something like Tenacity I'm 95% sure isn't possible as a buff effect and a buffs timer are completely un-related and the timer is done earlier than the buff effect itself and no there isn't really a way to peak at the buff to check if it's CC or not CC. There is a 5% chance that it's possible as I'd need to look into it to 100% confirm it, but I'm almost certain it's not without massive system changes which just isn't a viable option. I do like this idea though as its a successful mechanic from other games.

As for sets, I also think keeping them the same for PvE and PvP is the better approach as from my experiance when playing at a time where PvP sets where actually viable. People didn't like the fact of having to make 2 different sets of PvP and PvE. It allows the 2 groups of players work towards a common goal together and party up so theirs less chances of people being stuck without being able to gain the drops / medals they need from trials and stuff. I mean just look at when normal class TW's came out, people where unhappy about making a new set for that (probably still are). I was already in discussion with someone in possibly in future sets adding a new stop here or there to the sets in places where there isn't super broken tower gems in place (The one we discussed was 2 for body, 2 or 1 for belt and 1 in gloves/boots [not both, one of them i just cannot find the note i made atm]).

New PvP currency is something I've been debating for a while. So I'm glad that someone else has brought it up.

Elysian does need a rework 100% regardless of the gems. It's just something I haven't really prioritised since people have been hammering on for awaken weapons since this server came out and more so since custom content came out. Then now people are back on the awaken set train since awaken weapons came out so that is my next plan. I do however have to release gold's first so thats whats in development atm.

I do like your ideas in this post but there's a number of limitations on the stats part of things. As a run down:

• Tenacity: 95% sure not possible without massive system changes but will have a look,
  • Endurance: Might be able to cheese this but honestly speaking the worst mistake I made when reworking classes was continuing the trend of +DMG and -DMG.
  • Might: Not possible to differentiate between a boss and a player when it comes to +dmg (MAY be possible to cheese it like i did with true resistance but honestly if we're adding it in mass scale its kinda dodgy to cheese it).
  • Protection: the above.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jordan said:

We cannot make things VS boss only.

Can add stuff that doesn't work in battlefield tho

Maybe it could work by adding a new slot on sets/weapons, IF there's a way to limit what kind of gem you can put in this aditional slot. Like an aditional slot where u can't put resists, stats, resists + stats or tower gems, but only those "new gems".

• VGN GM
4 hours ago, Tuti said:

Can add stuff that doesn't work in battlefield tho

Maybe it could work by adding a new slot on sets/weapons, IF there's a way to limit what kind of gem you can put in this aditional slot. Like an aditional slot where u can't put resists, stats, resists + stats or tower gems, but only those "new gems".

You can limit item's to be only usable in certain locations. However once a gem is emplaced in your armor it becomes a buff and not an item. Limiting by area is a more possible option since the Arena sets work in this way, however it wouldn't make it damage vs players/monsters differently it would be more like damage inside a dungeon +x, damage inside a pvp map +y.

Note: To claify on this though, you cannot make a 5 Piece set have say 3 piece effect: Damage inside dungeons +20% and INT +240. The only way to make it possible is either everything on that same effect is only dungeon possible or nothing in the effect is only dungeon possible. There is also only 4 buff slots per buff. However, some buff effects are part of the same like 1 buff slot for say core stats you can do all 5 without using more than 1 buff slot unless 1 is a value and 1 is a percentage then it takes too (I know i might have gone too complicated on it now but hopefully you get where I'm coming from for future suggestsions).

Also a gem slot is just a gem slot, you cannot limit it. Thats why tower gems limit the buff stacking instead as gems become buffs once inside. So gems that have written on it that it can only be used once (Like Triple Hit gems) will be limited of stacking 1 time where as gems that allow you to stack is like having a buff stacked for as many gems you have in your armor. However, gems with raw stats such as Resistance gems takes the item value stats (Which is why it's written in white not green).

REPLYS :

"1) New status:

- Tenacity: Lowers amount of time you spend on crowd control (Stuns, Mundane, Fear etc) in %.
- Endurance: Lowers DMG taken on PVP maps (Arena, Sakura, GvGs, TWs etc)
- Might: Extra DMG VS Boss monsters
- Protection: -DMG Taken from Boss monsters"

Rep: tenacity for pvp nop u need use the class :holy sage -  Glacier -others
endurance:  yes only for arena-sakura- possible normal tw
Might: nu
protection:possible yes

"2) New Lv100 PVP set

- Based on Arena sets, but activated on GvGs, Sakura and TWs
- Base status lowered
- Bonus +DMG, -DMG taken and -ACC on targets, like Lv95 awaken sets, but on PVP maps only.
- Bonus MoveSPD in PVP maps
- Extra gem slots like other PVP sets (6 on chest, 3 on other pieces)"

Rep:
-arena sets nop 
- nu
-nu
-nu :v
-yes 1 slot more ln body

"3) Reworking Elysian Gems

- Tenacity and Endurance Gems added, only working in PVP maps
- Adding a new PVP-only currency to build those gems without relying on RNG only
- Adding those currency to 3v3 and 10v10 arenas, both winning and losing team winning some coins
- Balancing gems that are considered broken for TWs/GvGs"

Rep: totally rewor all100% and Arena 3v3 10v10 addlng colns really nlce ldea

"4) Reworking Arena Enchants

- Some of them are extremely broken for GvGs or TW, so balancing them will be needed to have a "pure PVP set" with all gems and enchants being PVP-map only, without ruining PVP experience."

REP: prltorlty ln future we need gear new awa set

"5) New Lv100 Awaken set

- Higher base status compared to PVP sets, but no pure +DMG dealt or -DMG taken on bonuses
- Might bonus on INT/STR sets
- Protection bonus on WIS sets
- Elemental Blind VS Boss on AGI sets"

REP: -base status lowered bcs u can use pots 9-pod dailys buffs and others l think good ldea ls add bonus like Monster stones
-yes
-wis and clear buffs similary to Gal'lunabura "Heal T 110"
-agi sets->stacks of Eva-atqspd-movsped

"6) New Tenacity and Endurance gems (Elysian Gems):

- Head Gem: Titan [Lowers duration of Crowd Control by 25%, but lowers DMG dealt and G-Healing -25%]
- Head Gem: Berserker [Lowers duration of Crowd Control by 15%, but DMG taken +5%]
- Head Gem: Martyr [Lowers duration of Crowd Control by 15%, but DMG dealt -15%]
- Body Gem: Iron Skin [DMG Taken on PVP maps -10%, but DMG dealt and G-Healing -5%]
- Body Gem: Rock Skin [DMG Taken on PVP maps -5%, but MoveSPD -5%]
- Body Gem: Toughness [DMG Taken on PVP maps -5%, but DMG dealt -5%]"

REP: -Any control nop
- any pvp maps-ddmg really nop similary to awa set 95

:3