Eden eternal Vega GPU's

Ossamenta

Hello, any way to fix Eden so that it works well with the gpu's vega 3/8/11 (athlon 200ge, 2200g, 2400g)?  With these models of gpu Eden freezes randomly.  I have tried it on different PCs, different drivers and different configurations in the game without optimal results.  The problem with these gpu's is only in Eden, in the rest of the games it works well.

• VGN GM

I looked into these cards and noticed they're AMD likely using the Radeon Software? Talking from my experiance alone when I began developing this game the card I was using was the Radeon R9 380 card (MSI Brand) and everything was fine. I then swapped to Windows 7 for maybe a year before being forced back up to Windows 10 by getting a Ryzen CPU. After doing this upgrade to Windows 10 I was getting the same issue you mentioned in your post where you'd log in and the game would freeze (You could still hear sounds and the game was still moving in the background). The issues should only pertain to Windows 10 and possibly 8.1 (I'm not a user of 8.1 one but I know similar updates have been released on both OS's). It also could be the Windows 10 driver being used for the card (although you've said you've tried multiple but have you tried a Windows 7 driver? or maybe they don't have any for Windows 7 if they're new cards).

However, asside from the above I'd like to mention the way I got around the issue was playing the game on the lowest settings, I could still have effects enabled but just on the lowest setting. I also found after loading into a map (Especially Aven) not making any sudden camera movment for the first 5 - 10 seconds also helped against not experiancing crashes. I was able to develop content for the game by doing the above mentioned along with playing the game on a hidden character without experiancing too many more problems. I know this isn't the best solution but unfortunatly its the only one I have other than make sure your Direct X 9 Libraries are up to date and trying different driver versions until you find one that works.

Hope I could be of assistance.

Yes, it is the same as you mention, unfortunately windows 7 does not work under this architecture, my momentary solution was to install some used gt730 nvidia, but the performance is worse than the igpu :(, I hope to find some solution and if you find it please let it know. Apparently in Windows 10 Eden works best with Intel and NVIDIA.

• VGN GM
56 minutes ago, Ossamenta said:

Yes, it is the same as you mention, unfortunately windows 7 does not work under this architecture, my momentary solution was to install some used gt730 nvidia, but the performance is worse than the igpu :(, I hope to find some solution and if you find it please let it know. Apparently in Windows 10 Eden works best with Intel and NVIDIA.

Well yeh that is the case, I replaced the 380 with a 1080 and had 0 problems but that hasn't always been the case. The reason i swapped to the 380 in the first place was because after being online with the Nvidia card I had originally would give me a Bluescreen. There was a hotfix at one point around the time of the patch with Awaken Templar and Awaken Theif was released that we have that resolved that issue. But sadly this was released by the original developers and is not something I personally have an control over.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:30 AM, Jordan said:

Well yeh that is the case, I replaced the 380 with a 1080 and had 0 problems but that hasn't always been the case. The reason i swapped to the 380 in the first place was because after being online with the Nvidia card I had originally would give me a Bluescreen. There was a hotfix at one point around the time of the patch with Awaken Templar and Awaken Theif was released that we have that resolved that issue. But sadly this was released by the original developers and is not something I personally have an control over.

The only solution I found xD

YhRET7p.png