Mozz

Launch classic server

Launch classic server - Pool  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

1 minute ago, Tuti said:

Vendetta has nothing to loose if they open a new server.

You do even know what requieriments needs to open a server atleast?
or you think everything its like copy/paste?

Just now, Mark20 said:

You do even know what requieriments needs to open a server atleast?
or you think everything its like copy/paste?

Yes, most of us do. And in fact, while you say we don't like Jordan work, the reason they decided to ask Jordan is because, as I said, despite desagreeing with some ideas or visions Jordan have for the current server, EVERY SINGLE PERSON I know that is supporting this suggestion believe Jordan is good enough to make it work.

• Confused 1

I disagree with the new server as someone elseĀ mentioned, that Eden Eternal Vendetta doesn't have enough people to sustain 2 servers, besides people will always want new content and with it, improve their damage, that means slowly going again through cap 65>70>75>mimic>Awk classes, and outside my opinion, the GM's know EE people so well, they won't accept it since it will result with 2 almost empty servers costing too much and not worthy the investment, the final result will be both classic and awk EE closing.

• Like 3

Just remember one thing, EE VGN has had its classic times when it started, the only difference was it had a higher level cap. So basically the only real difference is, we did not have a normal class old PvP. Everything else was a classic experience. I understand a lot of players want to have a Nostalgia feeling of EE again, but you need to realise, Nostalgia does not last forever.

The amount of money spent on a new server that will probably not last long enough. Is it worth the money spent on a new server? Is it worth the time for the GMs to make changes for something that has a high possibility that won't last?

PlayEden was the perfect example of Nostalgia of EE, but what happened after some months? Everyone asking when is the next update. If you don't get update, you will get bored, because there is no content. No one is going to play just for PvP eventually and it will just become as dead as PlayEden was before it died out. So Content is necessary.

And EE and many other MMORPGs, grow on a linear way, 06f67eb4e2.png

Like this, which means, every higher content will require higher amounts of resources (gold, materials, etc etc). Inflation will happen on every server, hence there are gold sinks to ''minimize'' how fast the inflation goes. (like Gem Altar, Costly Materials etc)

Whether it be a new server, or an old server, you will still be grinding to make your gold, then when new content comes, you will again be needing gold again. It is just how contents are, for the growth of the game.

I fully understand awaken classes were never liked, and they for sure need to be balanced. But just to let this here, VGN actually balanced the classes a lot of times, because the classes are not the original ones, you can check this link of how broken the original classes really were.

But however with content growth, like i said above it is linear. Every single new weapon, armor added. Just makes things worst. Thus a balance patch is needed every now and then. But he can't keep balance the game all the time, there is a schedule of work Jordan has, if he keeps release balance patches he will have no time to make actual content. There is people who only see the PvP, whereby, if PvP is dead, means game is dead. But the reality is, the PvE of the game still has around 10x the amount of PvP players the game actually has. Just the mindset is very different to actually see them. Many don't openly talk, they are grinding gold, talking with their friends only, interacting with guilds only. Some alone, but they are there.

Now comes to the bugs that old contents create. Jordan already has fixed over 400 + bugs on this game from Old Content. This means he will have to either refix all those bugs, or he will have to put a lot amount of work to cut the parts from the files VGN already has. For people asking it is like ''hey this is easy'', try coding it, you will realise, it is a lot of work for 1 person alone, and the end result MAY NOT pay off (this is business, no one is hosting a free profit organisation here), the GMs need to be paid for their money spent into their work. Else they might as well spend their time making money else where.

A MMORPG needs content for the game to work. And all of them is like this. Same goes for VGN, content comes, players become active for some month, then they get bored because the contents take around 4-6 month in the make due to Jordan doing so much work alone. But if you look at most mmorpgs, that is how it is, people come for new content, then quit or play other games till new content comes again.

I'm by any means not against this post, I like and enjoy classic EE as well, and i voted a Yes. But it is important for me to jot down the important facts that many are not paying in attention. Either way whether the server comes or not, it will end up become dead as soon as there is a content drought.

If it comes then its good for some time, but for me personally i'd rather see the game keep grow at higher levels than keep the lower level cap which will not really last forever. This is an actual fact, People who get butthurt to accept the truth, well sorry for them. You need to adapt to new changes in everything whether it be your life , your games, if not you will be stuck behind.

• Like 4

I haven't detailed go on every post but I'd like to throw up a couple of points fo anyone whos debating discussing the kinda things mentioned.

For one, thank you anyone who said kind words towards me šŸ˜

Ā 

As for a Classic Server you have to remember PlayEden always. When people got bored of the content the server closed, if we where to fall suite to this Classic Server we'd be expecting a server lifetime of 1 - 2 years because at the end of the day people will get bored and say ohh release mimic or release awaken classes etc.The only way we could make it last longer is possibly just running it at 65 for a while then bumping it up to 75 when people get bored maybe schedule a vote every 6 months or something so people could vote on when the time is right to level up the server.

As for Normal Class TW (On the current Live). We'd likely need to remove it. If we wanted to keep a healthy server on both we'd need to make sacrifices on our current server in order to keep things in good condition. This would mean we'd have to disable it and likely put TW at the same time as the current servers Normal Class TW so that people could still enjoy both servers at the same time. If people are bored of the throw back server cause the only thing they can do is PvP well then they could always go enjoy our new custom content on the current server and then jump back to enjoy the Normal Class PvP at its prime.

Specifically @Deathoniak we'd likely launch with our current server now but with modifications like EXP/CP and a proper level cap so that you don't gain EXP after 55/65/75 (w.e the cap). So any bug fixes we've done would transfer across along with features like Daily Login, Auto Sort and MailĀ šŸ¤£. It's not really going to be much different than our live server right now as it will just be a modified version of it to incorpirate the changes for this kind of server.

Ā 

Please do not take this as me supporting a new server as my personal opinion is that most the people playing this new server actively have a strong opinion against me or this network and regardless if they are wrong or just following a groups opinion that doesn't change the fact that if people think all those people from that server will see this and go "Right a compitent developer is taking over the idea, lets all go there" then you would be greatly mistaken. There is a lot of potential in a throw back server but there is still a lot of potential in our live server too. People don't know our player count or they see that TW has X players which means the server has the same X amount of players but that isn't the case. Our player count is just as high and just as strong as it was before this servers release and we where not affected at all. The TW numbers have been low for weeks for XYZ reason but that doesn't mean our PvE numbers where affected, our Aven plant population or our Gathering army's sat in guild town where affected. I'm personally of the opinion that in the short term we'd get a boost, couple of new people come to play with nostalgia but in the long run could damage our current server.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@DeathoniakĀ you're forgeting people was expecting a "classic experience" where we didn't even had stuff like craft mats in EP.
Which means it takes much more time for cap to increase, because players need more time to farm for gear and for achievements. Leveling guilds, farming mats, those things are a bit time consuming, so people will prob play a few months before wanting a cap increase. And cap most people asked for server to stay was 65.
I think you're mistaking what people consider to be "classic content" from EE.

What i see is people trying to play content that is already created. I'm not saying Jordan wont have any work because it's already created, but the question is to see if Jordan think he can do it and if the server pays off.
As we said, we believe it can be rentable, since a lot of people are trying to donate in a server they aren't even able to, but only people who can say this is people who know how much it costs to run a server.

18 minutes ago, Jordan said:

For one, thank you anyone who said kind words towards me šŸ˜

As I said, no matter if someone disagree with changes u make, it's still your merit to be able to create so much content all by yourself.

20 minutes ago, Jordan said:

People don't know our player count or they see that TW has X players which means the server has the same X amount of players but that isn't the case.

In fact, since ur most recent changes we can see that Vendetta community is even a bit more active, even if PVP isn't (which I can't say it is or not, since i'm not playing PVP anymore) is the thing that make us believe that is possible to run two servers without killing the current server, because people who are wishing they can play a "Classic server" and people who want to enjoy new content are different people. Well, there might be some that want to play in both, and would play both VGN servers if the new one comes tru, but most of people aren't playing in current VGN server so I don't think it will affect in any negative way the activityĀ in current server.

Ā 

23 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Specifically @Deathoniak we'd likely launch with our current server now but with modifications like EXP/CP and a proper level cap so that you don't gain EXP after 55/65/75 (w.e the cap). So any bug fixes we've done would transfer across along with features like Daily Login, Auto Sort and MailĀ šŸ¤£. It's not really going to be much different than our live server right now as it will just be a modified version of it to incorpirate the changes for this kind of server.

@DeathoniakĀ I told you he could do that, suck that u-u

Prob not like a copy and paste, with some work to do, but the fact that VGN already have a server running without any major bugs makes it much more easy to make one at cap 50-55-60-65.

I think that if new server release would be good to establish level 
limits for example times: 7 months 65 then raise limit to 75 to play 
another 7 months and then to 80 another 5 months and there are already 
more than 1 year where people will play and make profits. If people play 
one or the other server will generate profits, it is only necessary to see 
the work that may or may not be executed as well as the server and PlayEden did not die.
and I think Jordan could improve it: 3
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Imo if you really are that many and want a classic server why not band together in our current server and stay at 65Ā 

Start fresh together with your friends, create a guild with only lv65 and if you want a gvg with only 65 maybe Jordan can make a mode or make a channel for only lv65 cap (if that's possible)

After some time you will ask for more lvl cap because you are bored and then the time will come that the classic server will be like the current serverĀ 

Ā 

The thing is i think the new players or returnee can't pick up the pace? since there are so much to do so much requirements in order to really go into PvP and be the best

While in lower lvl cap you only need to do this until that cap and you enjoy stuffs since you are all equal and most people can catch up

You will realize it's just the same

We all started at low level and we are here now at lv100+

I'd like to point out that the new server's approach wasn't to create a level 55 "classic" server at all. Their approach is based on their limitations, they have very dated and broken files (hence all the bugs). It's not a matter of them doing something right, it's a matter of them being limited to what they have and I can assure you they would have launched with awakened classes if they could.

I'd also like to add that the new servers first approach was to take all of our custom content and open donations. This to me is the actions of a very lazy and bad dev, this isn't a case of someone who knows what they're doing and more like someone who wants a quick buck. So expect a lot of bad monetary decisions from their end that will hurt your "classic" experience.

If anyone remembers, our launch of Eden was almost 2 months before we asked for a cent from you all.

You forget a lot of the people who joined their new server were people who either quit our server and went back to official or quit our server because they were ran off by community (and our) actions.

It baffles me why people think of us as a bad network when all we've done is provide content for the last 4 years for this game. We've done everything we can to keep this game alive and hey it's all good I understand nostalgia is key to old games like this. But to ask us to just wipe off 4 years of our work for a 5 minute buzz isn't really optional.

Now I am not saying we cannot do a classic server because we can, we have the ability and know this game very well. Some of you right now I see in this thread are people kissing the ass of the dev on their discord or shit talking Jordan and his work so your opinion is very discredited right now (as well as the fact a lot of people who voted "yes" are new and multi accounts/vpn).

We have a network that boasts 10 years, we made the mistake of creating a classic server before with another game and guess where that is? Or in fact where the modern server is?

So, it's not a case of if we can, it's more a case of if we will and right now it doesn't feel worth it. That's not me saying no, I am just saying I need to see why it's worth it and a few fake accounts voting on a poll isn't enough.

PS: Remember Play Eden.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The fact that its been 2 weeks almost on the other server and the MAIL which is the main trade option of the game has not been fixed, while on VGN it took 1 day to fix that when the server started shows clearly which server has the best management. That other new server, everytime i log on discord i see the GM announce "Paypal fixed". On top of that their website is not secure, the password menu is poorly designed like a 6th grade kid designed on Adobe Dreamweaver.Ā 

Can people really not see, there is a high risk they can get keylogged from that server....

I already uninstalled thatĀ game since gold dupe, item dupe is all available on that server and yet people trying to find a hope there. Like i said above, i will much rather play VGN EE whether there is a new classic server or not. Much prefer to have a future of contents than stuck to the past for some nostalgia that will not last long.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mark20 said:

or maybe thisĀ 
qzpt4t1.jpg

Do you understand that not everyone who plays VGN server have a forum account?

Pudim122 and Sanzio was MT members.

Meyumi is Mey (who played in BornForThis and BrightShield)

Baraca played in Brazil server

Now i'm not sure who is "tutifck". Do you know, who is, Mark?

Also, the same way there are people who doesn't hadĀ a VGN Forum account or doesn't even play in VGN server and is coming to vote yes, there's people who already stopped playing EE and areĀ voting no.

7 minutes ago, Mark20 said:

or maybe thisĀ 
qzpt4t1.jpg

wowowowow,Ā there's a Sherlock Holmes among us.

Mark, do u know that the forum and the game account are not the same, right? And if you want to interact with the topic you will need to create a account, right??Ā Four of these accounts that you acused of being fake are from my friends in real life. Idk why you are so intempted to make your point (if u atleast have one, since you areĀ 24/7 in the classic ps discord) so hard lol

Well, Bash already give his word so we just gonna wait for the right time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuti said:

Now i'm not sure who is "tutifck". Do you know, who is, Mark?

Sent you ticket and ask who its this can be considerated harrasment šŸ˜‚
I just reminds pudim the bear wierd they didn't made account before xDĀ for others idk
Apologizes ^-^

1 hour ago, Mark20 said:

or maybe thisĀ 
qzpt4t1.jpg

I was the first player in PT server to get all the achievements, i try play here in vgn server a while ago but the server didn't cheer me up. I have a halfkin named Gally that some friends still uses as an alt.

Here a print from the PT server time:kXCndhn.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mark20 said:

Sent you ticket and ask who its this can be considerated harrasment šŸ˜‚

Don't really care about it. I'm here to speak about the new server.
Silly attacks from pathetic persons doesn't really change anythign about this.

1 hour ago, Kyurem said:

http://prntscr.com/p10eriĀ some ppl here are playing the gameĀ or they abandoned him because of the gm are useless for thee game AdmĀ xD
and not. reset server cannot be option xDĀ only lf can m
a
ke another serverĀ 
Ā 

It's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say, but we'd never do anything to our current server. Anything regarding this topic would be done on its own server to run side-by-side. It also wouldn't effect our Custom Content developments either for our current server.

I'll give a quick update on the other private server, since I don't want to hijack this thread with bullshit nonsense. Tl;dr the GM is a 17-yr old going to university who has very little time to be able to be around, answer questions, and actually fix issues. He doesn't know how to fix the mail bug that has been plaguing the server for about two weeks. He had friends that basically spawned in items for themselves as well as leveling guild towns and spreading spawned in Eden Crystals throughout the server. Also, when you ask him questions and offer him help, he gives half-ass responses to you, even though you legit want to help this guy out. Bash basically summed it up when I was skimming through his post, VGN didn't allow donations until a few months into the server, but this guy spams his "PayPal fixes" almost every day. The server was nothing but a scam and I feel sorry for people who were suckered into it, like myself.Ā Good thing I didn't donate.

Moving on, as I don't want to dwell on this. Since this happened, it seems like a lot of people are just going to either give up or come back to VGN. I still believe a class EE experience ran by VGN wouldn't inherently be a terrible idea. There will always be the concerns of "lack of content" since you are hard-capping at either 65, 75, etc. Even though I've had my personal gripes with a few members of the staff, I would like to advise to people that are very suspicious about VGN that they have proven to be capable of managing a server, despite if you may hate the way it's ran. The team has made obvious "mistakes" and "errors", but they are human too at the end of the day. If they made a classic EE, I would play on the side of my main game with a few friends. I thought I would get to do that on another server just because it was something new and nostalgic, but you see how that has turned out. I can't speak for others, but I won't be too hurt if the staff decides against a classic EE, they have stated multiple times that running another server at the time being isn't in their sights right now. If they do decide to, then by all means, support them. I quit this version of EE because of multiple reasons, mainly because my friends simply moved on from the game, as they found stuff like Awaken Classes and weapons exhausting and made them lose their spark of interest for the game.

Anyways, good luck on the main VGN server, and for people who want a classic EE server from VGN, just keep your fingers crossed.

Peace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I need to see the numbers before I decide on what I believe is a bad idea. Returning to a forum on possible fake accounts is not a way to show numbers, why don't you and everyone download our game and come play it. Show us you want to support VGN Network and we will consider adding it.

This isn't a means of me trying to gain players we have a lot already, but if we see a rise big enough to prove this is what you really want and you truly want to support our network, then it's a better chance than a forum poll I can assure you that.

But hopping ship to a bad server is not a good sign. It shows where your loyalty stands and to be fair it's a selfish thing to ask us to do all the work so you can hop, skip and jump between so easily.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jordan said:

@Tuti @Mark20 @Sasori

Let's please stay on topic and stop going at each other. If you wanna pitch ideas on why it's a good idea or a bad idea you guys can do it civilly.

Agreed.

7 hours ago, Jordan said:

It's kinda hard to understand what you're trying to say, but we'd never do anything to our current server. Anything regarding this topic would be done on its own server to run side-by-side. It also wouldn't effect our Custom Content developments either for our current server.

He is complaining about Mark (I'm not attacking anyone here) who was playing on new PS and voted no.

TBH I also see no reason, but he might think it will affect your job in current server so pointless to discuss people vote.