Gold farming tips for newbies?

Namelesshill

yeah.... well.... how about another try? maybe someone can imagine a strategy thats more about playing the game instead of rockin the creditcard?
but out of curiosity... how much value do 16.500 VGNpts represent?
aaaaaannnnnd........ whats up with those mysteryboxes? forum-post says since sept 06. should be offering box with seastar-bikini, well... dunno whats wrong maybe i still have my dick in my face but i cant find any crate that would possibly drop that thing^^
pls someone explain this to me... 

1 hour ago, NanoNinja said:

yeah.... well.... how about another try? maybe someone can imagine a strategy thats more about playing the game instead of rockin the creditcard?

This... Imao I should've clarified it in the OP, but when I hear the word "farming" I think strategy,  loot managing etc., not anything that involves spending real money. If anyone has any farming strategies without spending money, it would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, NanoNinja said:

but out of curiosity... how much value do 16.500 VGNpts represent?
aaaaaannnnnd........ whats up with those mysteryboxes? forum-post says since sept 06. should be offering box with seastar-bikini, well... dunno whats wrong maybe i still have my dick in my face but i cant find any crate that would possibly drop that thing^^
pls someone explain this to me... 

People try to buy 1:1 ratio being 1 VGN = 1 Gold. Generally as far as I can tell, this normally pertains to what you see in the Shop. For example: A Skill Reset is 2000 VGN, so people who value it at 1:1 would typically want to buy it at 2000 gold. 1:1 is pretty much a quick sell to everyone if you're the spender. Just like was mentioned before in another post, just type in "WTS AP 1:1" or something along those lines. They'll hit you up and tell you what they want. You buy it, and then you'll meet somewhere to trade. Just be careful. I've had a few people try to lock trade with me a zero or two too short. So basically, 1:1 is what's the average/fair going rate. It's also the fastest route with getting some gold in your pocket.

Can you get more? Absolutely. High ticket items in the VGN/AP store often will sell a bit higher. I've sold Skill Resets for 3k gold many a times by listing it on the Auction House instead. Pets about the same price. Same for Pet Data Chips ( drop rate ones, gold, and damage oriented ones ). EXP Boosts are popular among end-game players since I've been told 64-65 is a grind. You have some wiggle room when you list on Consignment since it sits there for all to see when they're browsing around. That person who's tight on gold might not want to spend 3500 gold on a CRIT-ATK data chip. But there's probably someone who farms a lot and doesn't mind doing so if no one's selling at 1:1 right now.

When it comes to the site's Web Mall, things are different. Popular costumes, bikes, Achievement Pets ( Norb, Flek, Gruel, and Leca ) sell for more while the less popular ones sell for less. I got lucky and pulled a Leca this last Web Shop update on like, pull 3 or 4. Sold it for 5k.

Just as an aside. Spending cash on Vendetta's Scarlet Blade is wayyyyy friendlier than it ever was on Aeria's. When I walked away from ASB, I remember checking my Paypal account. While it may not be much to some people, I had spent over 3 grand. I had completed a few Tiered Spenders, rolled the dice on many of their other little web events, bought things off the Item Mall, and went for things in TS that I wanted/liked/wanted to sell. I pretty much always felt like I was getting screwed even though yes, they had lots of "freebies" that you got as you paid more into their Tiers, like storage, costumes, consumables, etc. But that feeling was practically ALWAYS with me. With Vendetta I don't have that "Ugh, I just did that..." feeling when I spend. I've spent under 300 bucks here, and am completely happy I have. I may not get all the small things ( anyone else have 900+ days of storage back then? lol ) here, but I get pretty much exactly what I want without having to spend 300 bucks to get to the costume, or bike, or whatever, I had to in Tiered Spender.

So uh, well, there it is.

A) Farmin' lv40-59 battlegrounds. It's less grindy and yields high gold through unique costumes and accessories loot if ya'r lucky enough. But it comes with a risk cuz ya might face opponent that is an unforgiving pvp-head who's retarded enough to be fond of oppressing ungeared players.

B) Farmin' BC for unique Crit-Atk jewels. Ask players in-game for further information about this.

C) Crafting naraks. Ya need to have some capital beforehand for this method. Just craft +7 or +8 gears and sell em in auction house.

D) Abandon shame and become a beggar in-game. FU angelgodlike!

• Haha 1