Please let us faction change!

Serah Farron

3 hours ago, LordKonton said:

There's many reasons for that. 80% of RG faction is PVE heroes. They only go to PVP if loot is involved, which is why you would see inflated numbers during AK/NB or in Amara during boss spawns. They're one shot wonders who don't know how to PVP. The other 20% of RGs is PVPers who don't go to BGs for multiple reasons. Being small 1v1 to 3v3 PVP is kinda boring, FK have quite a few OP SWs which means going 1v1 is a guaranteed loss, some of our PVPers got bored of 65 cap, rerolled 59 then quit, the others don't care enough to go out of their way to go BGs.

This makes it sound like FC won't do a damn thing to improve the game and everybody should just re-roll as RGs, because the second RG start losing and not getting loot the RG will quit even if both sides are balanced. If people would just think it's just a damn game and take the loss then that's what the should do. But the NBs that I've found myself actually attending what happens is that the small number of FK that enter just get slaughtered repeatedly in the following method. NB opens, RG have large numbers and kill the Commander, kill FK, Kill the Squidy, kill the FK on their commander, start killing Abandon, FK getting to 50% on Commander are wiped out by RG, Abandon dies RG wins gets all loot and FK nothing. That has been my repeated experience with NB when numbers are in favor of RG. If numbers are even and RG losses, it's not because Abandon died, it's because they killed more than RG and then the next time more RG show and zerg force the repeated loss. If there was ever a time in the past have I don't ever recall seening FK dominate with a zerg force in any mass pvp arena, as most of the time numbers are pretty close within 2 to 3 people. RG want zerg force, that has been my view, which would explain why they don't show up to the hourly BGs because they can't zerg force the win.

This forum wouldn't be here if we all wanted the game to die.
This is really a response to players like Saboor who gets pissed that somebody joined BG with them that are a lower level or don't play by Saboor's standards. Which really it's Saboor that often causes his own loss. However, the game not dying requires several attitudes to change only. You can't point at the Staff for the lack of PvP, only PvE drops. The skills are not the issue as I've played and several SWs kept playing as SWs with our previous crappy skill tree, so people waiting on Skill tree to fix everything it won't fix anything other than players attitude of wanting to dominate everybody and everything.

Agreed a bit, the losing side should get a chance at SGs as well outside of daily reward. I don't know about mechs though, that's an AK type of drop. I know janus drops naraks and spanners, but not at incredible rates. BGs shouldn't be farmfests, but they should have some participation compensation that can help. 4 SG reps seems like a lot though. AK gives 2 SGs, all others give 2 replicubes. Maybe 3 winning SG replicubes, the losing side has 1? Possible increase AK to 3 SGs, and losing side gets 1 guaranteed? It's hard to balance that because people would just swap to winning side on AK and NB.

Janus drops Naraks(blessed and regular I think), spanners, and uni lingerie. Not sure but there should be a costume in it too, but it seems that they removed all unique costumes from 60+ BGs as I've not seen one drop for a long time. BG can be a farmfest, but not winning through farming like they are. I entered a BG and after one player got all the loot they would AFK the rest of the BG having the highest score. When I said I was going to report it they took their sweet A__ time to enter the PvP field so that I couldn't kill them enough times to over take their PvE score. But they could put everything they want into the BG and people still won't enter. If people are going to enter, their mental attitude about the game needs to change.

Response in red

This problem becomes more apparent when you max out your toons and theres no more excitement getting unique accesories and mechs etc. all your gold are just piling up, no more excitement, 1 v 1, 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 they are just all the same, same old people struggling. The only thing that makes the server alive is the drama, and bullying soyboys on both sides so they moan and the occasional heated pvp on NB and AK. My point is we need something to get our mind busy with other than keep remaking toons, grueling grinds so we can try out different classes.

This thread made me notice that ya'll seem to misunderstood somethin fundamental. That "pvp" and "winning" are two separate things. Ya can have lotta fun doin pvp even without winnin. Yeah, yar too OP ya can easily win the BG thru pvp... but lemme ask... Can ya win yar opponents' respect?

Yar already maxed up facing an ungeared newbie... still want to win the BG... for what!? For ya to circumvent the humiliation of loss? For ya to bask in the glory of victory? For the bragging rights? For the prize SG that ya no longer need? Well, shame. Is it wrong to help your opponents gear up in the hope that they stay in the game long enough to become pvp-worthy?

When yar OP enough to rightfully win the BG. It's easy to say to yar opponent "Accept your defeat. It's just a game.". But for the ungeared opponent ya just deprived a chance for SG and loot, that's a hard pill to swallow. Say "That's the reality of pvp. Live with it." and yar teachin em the wrong lesson. It's not easy to learn to love to pvp when pvp itself hinders progress. Too much loss could lead to "learned helplessness" which the only way out is either quitting the game or become a pve hero.

I've been trampled a lot by geared players back when I'm still gearin up. I'm already geared enough rn (not yet maxed up) but the trauma still remains, thus I rarely join hourly BG. If I join, then that's because I'm runnin short of buff hypovial replicubes that are relatively difficult to obtain outside BG. Heck! I only pvp cuz the current state of this game's pve sux.

/rant

Additional SG is unnecessary. Just learn to gib and take.

18 minutes ago, sicat said:

This thread made me notice that ya'll seem to misunderstood somethin fundamental. That "pvp" and "winning" are two separate things. Ya can have lotta fun doin pvp even without winnin. Yeah, yar too OP ya can easily win the BG thru pvp... but lemme ask... Can ya win yar opponents' respect?

Yar already maxed up facing an ungeared newbie... still want to win the BG... for what!? For ya to circumvent the humiliation of loss? For ya to bask in the glory of victory? For the bragging rights? For the prize SG that ya no longer need? Well, shame. Is it wrong to help your opponents gear up in the hope that they stay in the game long enough to become pvp-worthy?

When yar OP enough to rightfully win the BG. It's easy to say to yar opponent "Accept your defeat. It's just a game.". But for the ungeared opponent ya just deprived a chance for SG and loot, that's a hard pill to swallow. Say "That's the reality of pvp. Live with it." and yar teachin em the wrong lesson. It's not easy to learn to love to pvp when pvp itself hinders progress. Too much loss could lead to "learned helplessness" which the only way out is either quitting the game or become a pve hero.

I've been trampled a lot by geared players back when I'm still gearin up. I'm already geared enough rn (not yet maxed up) but the trauma still remains, thus I rarely join hourly BG. If I join, then that's because I'm runnin short of buff hypovial replicubes that are relatively difficult to obtain outside BG. Heck! I only pvp cuz the current state of this game's pve sux.

/rant

Additional SG is unnecessary. Just learn to gib and take.

So what is the solution? That maxed geared RG’s register for BG’s and then just strip gear and suicide so FK’s get the resources needed to progress? I don’t see how that’s RG’s responsibility to the FK’s, the overall playerbase, or the game in general. Don’t get me wrong, I realize there’s issues with the FK Faction. But doing something like this is like bottom of the barrel charity work that’s just embarrassing to FK’s. Especially when many of these issues can be player corrected by FK’s themselves like, biting the bullet and make a Medic.

I've been doin "charity work" for both faction. Heck! I always do if i'ts 1v1 unless if I'm playin while drunk or my opponent is a pvphead. At some point I realize that it might hurt their pride if I totally refuse to pvp. Thus I pvp em after the lootin while payin close attention to the scores makin sure they win by the end of BG.

It's a different story for mass pvp. I'm all-out-war in NB and AK.

Speaking of strippin gear doin pvp... I literally done that a lot with a certain someone. For some reason we ended up doin it mutually. We either strip down or downgear to alpha then do pvp like there's no tomorrow. Best pvp experience evah! Fun times. XD

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s interesting since as always it’s time zones specific. In the ak we just had it was like 10v18 more fk. We were able to have all flags and actually got life support this time lol. Altho I’m sure there’s overwhelmingly more rg on the weekend Ak.  I haven’t been able to go to that one. 

I have a feeling we will get a population increase of returners for a bit with new patch at least.