Things we might need, but not want.

Beau

Greetings everyone,

It is a common knowledge for everyone that most of the lower caps if not all is a dead zone. It has been a problem since ASB and it has been overlooked and/or didn't pay much attention for so long probably because people doesn't have anything to do in those caps and try to stay on the highest cap where most of the PVP happens.

Now, since the beginning it isn't quite noticeable since most of the players move in the same pace as they go up to the new content, a few people if not all is affected and is mostly overlooked and neglected since most of the players are happily grinding the higher caps, now we face a dilemma hitting a wall with no new content to offer, issues became more and more apparent, Players leaving because VSB has nothing else to offer and population isn't flourishing because the lower caps are dead and feels like playing VSB in offline mode, to those who played from the start till the end cap you know how hard it is to grind up by yourself but it isnt noticeable since you played with alot of players and you all suffer equally it became a race and became a competitive environment.

New players trying out the game and building toons from scratch suffers the same experience minus the whole community to play with, This things should never had happen or allowed to happen now players getting tired of the game leaving one after another with no new players to replace them. So it might seem obvious, it is a topic everyone knows but no one talks about and at the same time everyone loses their mind why the community is growing smaller as the time goes by, In order to halt this tradition/disease that slowly killing the server, I am bringing to light this topic to everyone and suggest a few remedy to help fix things up, in order to make the lower cap alive we need a total overhaul and balance fixes, exclusive cap drops and events:

First things I want to mention is the imbalances of 29 cap,

1. Pets
    we should limit pet levels in this cap main reason is at max level a pet can give a player 8,000 HP and 770SP in this cap those numbers are too damn high. Limiting the pet to Level 30 will help balance the whole thing and it will have the same bonus a madfly can give, we can do this by putting a base character level requirement on the upgrade button of a pet.

e.g. - "In order to upgrade level 30 pet you must be a character level 30+"

2. Pet Chips
    we should only allow the use of a level 1 pet chip in this cap, and putting a level requirement to some of the pet chips that gives OP stats for that current cap i'm referring to RESIST, CRIT VOID, CRIT EVA since this stats doesnt come with the level 29 gears except resist but having 1k resist would be enough to mitigate the low ch atk in this cap.

3. Jewels
    we should only allow the use of level 1 jewels and disable jewels that yield stats that doesnt appear on the gears of this patch.

4. Unique costumes
    we should completely disable the use of this things in level 29 cap.

With this things fixed you can prevent players from making God tier level 29 toons, improves overall balance and prevents new player from feeling inequality since people with max toons has more access to this stuffs than they are, they might still get bullied but now they have a chance to catch up unlike before.

This brings another thing to discuss, playing games should be rewarding and shouldn't feel like a job to some extent with that being said players that gives more effort will more likely has higher chances to become better than most of the players: i would suggest to revamp the lower cap economy, introduce the accessories of 29 cap as an added requirement to craft a 39 cap unique accessories and the 39 cap accessories to the level 49 cap accessories and lastly the level 49 cap accessories to the 59 cap then make that tradable then remove the LV50 unique accessories drop in such a way that accessories should never be a loot .so people will farm it more in the lower cap giving new people things to look for when going up the ladder this should also be done for the mech starting from the magic LV20 mechs we got as our first mechs up to LV50 unique mechs. The drop table on the 29 cap should be improve and add items that might have an impact or might help newer players as they move up things like Jewel Spanners,SG Republicubes etc.

To encourage more players from higher cap to play in the lower cap we should introduce exclusive items such as pet skin drop: Mini Titan, DVK, CXDestroyer do this for the succeeding cap as well. Also if possible we should have the account fixed to a certain faction in such a way that one account cannot contain both FK and RG toons. This will greatly reduce the looting people that keep switching to a the winning side, and also limit the windows a player can open to 1 this will force players to log out of their current VSB window to log in into a different toon thus reducing the risk of dual logging in both NB,AK and exploiting BG in a way that they can reg similar toon level to enter a specific BG so they can hoard both loots and rewards and a Level Lock button so people wont have to do the grueling DE EXP just to stay in the cap they wanted.

Note that this is only my suggestion and opinion, this post aims to give newer players a comfortable environment and veteran people to look for in the lower caps to make it more alive again giving chance for the server to grow. those suggestion might be hard to implement since most of the players already level their pets to 40 in their level 29 cap toon and some already opened unique CS although jewels can still be removed, but nothing is impossible, some people might get hit by that changes and we can give compensation for those things they will lose or anything to get their lost stuffs back.

To wrap this up, we can never grow as server even if we push the content to a new cap if we neglect the lower cap since it is what makes new players join and making it hard for the new players to catch up might make them leave in a week or month of playthrough. no new people that join the game means no increase in population and profit, and will only result in a decline of players playing and profit at the same time.

• Like 4

If I recall it right, Villedon is relatively well populated a year ago. Now the'res nothin there but wawen. Not much change in the rewards for both pvp and pve of the 39 cap. Same pet/chips "imbalance". Heck, unique delta stuff are more expensive back then. All dis make me wonder why people left. Was it because winter event flooded the said level cap with tons of unique accessories that the bosses there not worth fighting anymore? Was it because of the implemented improvements in Amara that people now focus on end game? Whatever the cause, right now, it's not worth stayin there anymore.

That aside. One important thing that people dont usually talk about is the PVE aspect of the game. It's no understatement to say that PVE is crucial for new players. But for some reason it feels like admin doesn't give much attention to it.

With the players' zerg mentality + fruitless farming... it's now pretty easy to craft "i-quit" gear.

• Like 1

I think people know enough about me by now in-game and here to know I'm all about that CG life; dead or not. So here's my take. Please note, the parts I bold are not me being sarcastic or "yelling" at you lol. Just the key points for those who skim through the post(s).

• Pets: Are they imbalanced in 29 cap? Absolutely. But nerfing them to that of Madfly removes any incentive into either buying them straight off the AP store, rolling for an Achievement Pet in the Mystery Boxes, or farming gold in Bitterstone and Drasil to buy one from an AP buyer. I don't think there's a way around this with how the game is now compared to ASB. However, one surefire way of at least soft nerfing it, is by reverting VIP back to how it was on ASB. This would significantly slow down how fast 29'ers can level their pets. I've played 1 month now. Bags expired yesterday. I have a level 40 pet. On ASB, in that video I posted from 2013 or 2014, I had spent thousands of dollars on that ME, and played for much, much, much longer. My pet was around level 24 or so. You could take this a step further, and level cap some of the boosters as well.

• Pet Chips: They're fine in my honest opinion. I have 2 LV2 Chips on my Derpy right now. HP, which gives me a flat 400 HP ( is not multiplied by gear % ), and Resist which gives me 1000 Resist across the board, minus Gravity which is 700. That's not exactly OP by any means in my book. And people who really want to go after LV2 Chips should have that choice. Sure, you could argue that we don't need CRIT-VOID, or CRIT-EVA etc. But again, that takes away from player choice and in my opinion, offers little in the way of balancing 29 cap.

• Jewels: Pretty much same opinion on them as Pet Chips. If players want to stick around in 29 cap for a lengthy amount of time they should have something to go after.

• Unique Costumes: I disagree due to being of the opinion that there should be more Unique Costumes, and CG ( and all zones for that matter ) should have a set that drops from the World Boss. These right here are excellent "chase items" that could factor into that exclusivity deal you were talking about in your posts. Plain Jane costumes aren't enough in my opinion.

• Accessories: Need to be fixed ASAP. 4k for one Scout Ring. 1k for a Seer. 0 Vets. I made a WH and have done around 30 full clears since yesterday ( pulling mobs to each boss one-by-one ). While not a great sample size by any means, I think not getting at least one Ring out of all the mobs that drop it ( 28's and above if I'm not mistaken, along with Harbinger ) is pretty telling of my next 30. Meanwhile, the drop rate for Necklaces seems to be pretty good. I've got 4 so far of different flavors. Earrings on the otherhand, I've picked up a couple of Vets from Drasil. I haven't farmed it as much as BC, though. If there's an influx of players at 29 cap though, Earrings would ( like they were on ASB ) be nothing, anyways since you can get them from Rank Points.

• Exclusive Items: 1000% agree. It's a given, no matter the arguments for or against it. Whether we're talking about 29 cap, 39 cap, 49 cap, or 800 cap; it's a given and there should be exclusive items in each one for players to chase after. There's been thousands of MMO's released over the past 19-years, and most of the successful ones have exclusive gear, items, cosmetics, etc. locked behind specific content that you have to do if you want the items. We should emulate something like this, hands down. Specically for 29 cap as you said, a Titan Pet Skin would be a huge draw to higher cap players to make an alt and try and get it. Could also go beyond that and make Strider/Lector Skin. A unique costume set on Titan or put in the chests. SAFEGUARDS? Accessories besides Trinkets. There's a million things that could be added to entice players to participate in the older zones whether they're Caerbears, Vilebears, or whatever. You start putting in good, exclusive items, and update the drop tables to reflect the current state of the game, and they WILL come. All content should be relevant; not just endgame. 

• +12 Gear and Safeguards: One or the other needs to happen in my opinion. A. Cap 29 and below gear to +10 as it was in ASB. Or B. Add Safeguards to the zones that lack them. Specifically for CG since we're talking about balance, either they need to be accessible to all to get to +12, or gear needs to be capped again like it was in ASB at +10. As someone who has +12 gear, and a level 40 pet, it's just God Mode for new players to try and go against me. Not only that, but it cost me about 100 bucks alone on Safeguards to get to +12, as I don't have characters in higher caps to enhance my 29'ers gear. Good for Vendetta, bad for me and bad for new players who stick around in lower caps wanting to take things slow versus rushing to the nearest Guild Hall for a quick sit. I think when combined with lower exp rate for Pets, a cap of +10 would be better overall in CG as it cuts out a large portion of our stats and large HP pools quickly. That said, this is the trickier option, and would require Vivi to mash some buttons not just for this, but there's going to be quite a number of players seeking compensation for their +12 gears being downgraded. 

• Game Sages? Where art thou?: Yo bros. Where's the events? Why haven't you folks hit up Vivi for a small loan of 60k AP and do some contests since...checking Events tab...JULY 25th? Best picture taken for the week, highest number of kills, best contribution in BG's, get in game and do some LORE related trivia eh? Have players bring you X amount of some item dropped by trash mobs etc. etc. etc. 

• Done for now. Too tired.

1 hour ago, iProtect said:

I think people know enough about me by now in-game and here to know I'm all about that CG life; dead or not. So here's my take. Please note, the parts I bold are not me being sarcastic or "yelling" at you lol. Just the key points for those who skim through the post(s).

• Pets: Are they imbalanced in 29 cap? Absolutely. But nerfing them to that of Madfly removes any incentive into either buying them straight off the AP store, rolling for an Achievement Pet in the Mystery Boxes, or farming gold in Bitterstone and Drasil to buy one from an AP buyer. I don't think there's a way around this with how the game is now compared to ASB. However, one surefire way of at least soft nerfing it, is by reverting VIP back to how it was on ASB. This would significantly slow down how fast 29'ers can level their pets. I've played 1 month now. Bags expired yesterday. I have a level 40 pet. On ASB, in that video I posted from 2013 or 2014, I had spent thousands of dollars on that ME, and played for much, much, much longer. My pet was around level 24 or so. You could take this a step further, and level cap some of the boosters as well.

• Pet Chips: They're fine in my honest opinion. I have 2 LV2 Chips on my Derpy right now. HP, which gives me a flat 400 HP ( is not multiplied by gear % ), and Resist which gives me 1000 Resist across the board, minus Gravity which is 700. That's not exactly OP by any means in my book. And people who really want to go after LV2 Chips should have that choice. Sure, you could argue that we don't need CRIT-VOID, or CRIT-EVA etc. But again, that takes away from player choice and in my opinion, offers little in the way of balancing 29 cap.

• Jewels: Pretty much same opinion on them as Pet Chips. If players want to stick around in 29 cap for a lengthy amount of time they should have something to go after.

• Unique Costumes: I disagree due to being of the opinion that there should be more Unique Costumes, and CG ( and all zones for that matter ) should have a set that drops from the World Boss. These right here are excellent "chase items" that could factor into that exclusivity deal you were talking about in your posts. Plain Jane costumes aren't enough in my opinion.

• Accessories: Need to be fixed ASAP. 4k for one Scout Ring. 1k for a Seer. 0 Vets. I made a WH and have done around 30 full clears since yesterday ( pulling mobs to each boss one-by-one ). While not a great sample size by any means, I think not getting at least one Ring out of all the mobs that drop it ( 28's and above if I'm not mistaken, along with Harbinger ) is pretty telling of my next 30. Meanwhile, the drop rate for Necklaces seems to be pretty good. I've got 4 so far of different flavors. Earrings on the otherhand, I've picked up a couple of Vets from Drasil. I haven't farmed it as much as BC, though. If there's an influx of players at 29 cap though, Earrings would ( like they were on ASB ) be nothing, anyways since you can get them from Rank Points.

• Exclusive Items: 1000% agree. It's a given, no matter the arguments for or against it. Whether we're talking about 29 cap, 39 cap, 49 cap, or 800 cap; it's a given and there should be exclusive items in each one for players to chase after. There's been thousands of MMO's released over the past 19-years, and most of the successful ones have exclusive gear, items, cosmetics, etc. locked behind specific content that you have to do if you want the items. We should emulate something like this, hands down. Specically for 29 cap as you said, a Titan Pet Skin would be a huge draw to higher cap players to make an alt and try and get it. Could also go beyond that and make Strider/Lector Skin. A unique costume set on Titan or put in the chests. SAFEGUARDS? Accessories besides Trinkets. There's a million things that could be added to entice players to participate in the older zones whether they're Caerbears, Vilebears, or whatever. You start putting in good, exclusive items, and update the drop tables to reflect the current state of the game, and they WILL come. All content should be relevant; not just endgame. 

• +12 Gear and Safeguards: One or the other needs to happen in my opinion. A. Cap 29 and below gear to +10 as it was in ASB. Or B. Add Safeguards to the zones that lack them. Specifically for CG since we're talking about balance, either they need to be accessible to all to get to +12, or gear needs to be capped again like it was in ASB at +10. As someone who has +12 gear, and a level 40 pet, it's just God Mode for new players to try and go against me. Not only that, but it cost me about 100 bucks alone on Safeguards to get to +12, as I don't have characters in higher caps to enhance my 29'ers gear. Good for Vendetta, bad for me and bad for new players who stick around in lower caps wanting to take things slow versus rushing to the nearest Guild Hall for a quick sit. I think when combined with lower exp rate for Pets, a cap of +10 would be better overall in CG as it cuts out a large portion of our stats and large HP pools quickly. That said, this is the trickier option, and would require Vivi to mash some buttons not just for this, but there's going to be quite a number of players seeking compensation for their +12 gears being downgraded. 

• Game Sages? Where art thou?: Yo bros. Where's the events? Why haven't you folks hit up Vivi for a small loan of 60k AP and do some contests since...checking Events tab...JULY 25th? Best picture taken for the week, highest number of kills, best contribution in BG's, get in game and do some LORE related trivia eh? Have players bring you X amount of some item dropped by trash mobs etc. etc. etc. 

• Done for now. Too tired.

Just to address on the Event's/GS thing.
Majority of the team has had their hands tied with the current work we are doing. I did hold an event recently which went well
but sadly as with most event's I have pitched none of them can happen due to needing more than just myself to run them and the mindset of "The players won't take part anyway".
So yes I would like to hold event's but I am unable to, This is just me personally i'm not sure about the rest of the team.

Player's tend to be more interested in events that have a boss or loot spawn and only a Head GS or GM is capable of doing those. Sadly we don't have a Head GS anymore or any plan to have one chosen so we are unable to hold any events like that. (RIP Monster Mondays)

• Like 1

• VGN GM
12 hours ago, Beau said:
  • Pets
    we should limit pet levels in this cap main reason is at max level a pet can give a player 8,000 HP and 770SP in this cap those numbers are too damn high. Limiting the pet to Level 30 will help balance the whole thing and it will have the same bonus a madfly can give, we can do this by putting a base character level requirement on the upgrade button of a pet.
    • Not possible, as there's no way to limit/block a level cap from having it. The pet leveling system works pretty similarly to how an arkana levels. Plus this is a change that should've been done pre launch as it'd effect ALL pets - as you now screw over every single person that has a max level pet and paid money for said pet.

e.g. - "In order to upgrade level 30 pet you must be a character level 30+"

• Pet Chips
    we should only allow the use of a level 1 pet chip in this cap, and putting a level requirement to some of the pet chips that gives OP stats for that current cap i'm referring to RESIST, CRIT VOID, CRIT EVA since this stats doesnt come with the level 29 gears except resist but having 1k resist would be enough to mitigate the low ch atk in this cap.
    • May be possible - a level req might not be recognized with that pet chip, but again, you run the risk of: it'll remain on their character, giving them an unfair advantage to those who didn't get it pre change.
  • Jewels
    we should only allow the use of level 1 jewels and disable jewels that yield stats that doesnt appear on the gears of this patch.
    • Not possible, the only thing the flag for gems looks for is if it's possible to equip, how many can be equipped and what types are unlocked (normal/ancient/lingerie)

• Unique costumes
    we should completely disable the use of this things in level 29 cap.
    • Possible but if someone already grafted it, then it'll remain on their character, giving them an unfair advantage to those who didn't get it pre change. "Wiping" from people would then cause another issue of those who spent the money buying the grafting tools to then lose that money and the costume with it.

9 hours ago, iProtect said:
    • Already been modified and is being tested on the test server right now.

• We've made a few new additions to base items that'll drop in the lower levels. When I got through the drop tables to add them, things like pet skins, etc, will be added in.

• I can't currently block enchancement in lower caps. Yes its possible, but you then have the issue of - if people already have it, they'll be at a permanent advantage for it. So I'd rather not have a massive upheval and the eventual rage that would come from low cap players losing possible VGN purchased SGs. We can look to see about adding them in other areas of lower caps - which I think would be the better and more enjoyed solution.

Responses in red.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Vivi said:

I can't currently block enchancement in lower caps. Yes its possible, but you then have the issue of - if people already have it, they'll be at a permanent advantage for it. So I'd rather not have a massive upheval and the eventual rage that would come from low cap players losing possible VGN purchased SGs. We can look to see about adding them in other areas of lower caps - which I think would be the better and more enjoyed solution.

And I 100% knew that would be the case. Completely respect the decision as I'm sure it would be a headache and a half to allay those who've had their gear reverted. I'm guessing this also would be the case for lowering Pet Exp given in VIP/lvl Cap some of the Pet Boosters as a soft nerf. Those of us who have them at 40 already you'd have to turn a blind eye to amidst all those that are having to wait months to get theirs to 40.

Updated drop tables:

25 minutes ago, Vivi said:

We've made a few new additions to base items that'll drop in the lower levels. When I got through the drop tables to add them, things like pet skins, etc, will be added in.

That's amazing. Please be Titan, please be Titan, please be Titan. lol I love him. It. Whatever.

Accessories:

26 minutes ago, Vivi said:

Already been modified and is being tested on the test server right now.

Amazing again. This one change right here will do a lot for newer players. 3 of the new players I have in my Guild completely lack left side accessories. Even beyond 29 cap, I see players with their lvl 17 stuff all the time, when they're in there 30's. Glad to see this is being tested.

Thanks for the responses, Vivi.

I think this should have been in the suggestions sections.

@Vivi and @Beau, the level 2 pet chips when they got released were limited to only 55+ players because all the materials needed to make them were NT, I believe? Though what about releasing level 3 pet chips(not rank 3) jewels. As they scale better and doesn't really make end game players more OP. How this can be done to prevent under level players from accessing and obtaining a level 3 pet chip is to move or create a NPC in Dragon Valley. Since DV is only accessible to players who are level 60+, locked pet chips cannot be enhanced, and unlocked pet chips cannot be traded then the ability of a lower level player obtaining a level 3 pet chip reaches zero chance. I feel that this could be a good addition to the game for end game players if the items are scaled correctly. You can still make the items for crafting level 3 pet chips tradeable and it won't effect lower level players from getting them.

I also think that going forward, Vivi could make level specific costumes starting with current costumes being allowed for 29 cap and up. Then create a level 39 cap costume that has a bit greater in stats or different stats. With continuing this pattern all the way into each subsequent level cap. That would prevent going forward a lvl 65 cap unique costume being used by a level 29 cap player. Then Vivi could add those unique costumes into the drop tables of the lower levels instead of them currently sitting in the 50+ maps.

No on jewels going greater than rank 2, IMO, they are too OP after that even at end game, but having gear at end game with more than 3 slots and no more than 4 each, is this a plausible idea? I know Vivi said no Legendary gears, but in previous discussions there was the idea I threw out there that Vivi said could happen, just not this cap. But making a unique legendary gear without the specific color different than unique gears and having the stats of the legendary gears. That is you put legendary in the title and have greater stats than that of the standard unique gears while it supports the same grouping of the unique standard. You could even make it so that if you want to craft these legendary gears one has to still obtain the lower level unique gear first. My only problem with doing this now is the ancient jewel slots and lack of being able to obtain more ancient jewel slot spanners as many players have already opened up their gear for ancient jewels and then making them do it again for legendary gears. This doesn't have to be done at this time and I would rather see the other things currently being worked on first and done before even attempting to do any of this.

• Like 1

It might be somewhat a suggestion but It is not a request its something I want people to discuss, without new people trying the game and without something that will make them stay we will only have a handful of players the actively plays and buy AP sooner or later they will get tired. It really is hard to implement stuffs ive said, Its either you give them announcement 1 month before that we will commence an item wipe out on level 29 toons so they have time to move all their tradable stuffs out of that toon and ask them to submit ticket with screenshots if they have pet, grafted gears, pet chips, costumes and such so we can return them manually which is time consuming and pain in the ass, but thats just my suggestion balancing lower caps and giving people reason to play in that cap so newer people will see an active community instead of a baren wasteland, we can also have a weekly event held at enocia, or make enocia the staple map where event will be held.

21 hours ago, NovaFire said:

Just to address on the Event's/GS thing.
Majority of the team has had their hands tied with the current work we are doing. I did hold an event recently which went well
but sadly as with most event's I have pitched none of them can happen due to needing more than just myself to run them and the mindset of "The players won't take part anyway".
So yes I would like to hold event's but I am unable to, This is just me personally i'm not sure about the rest of the team.

Player's tend to be more interested in events that have a boss or loot spawn and only a Head GS or GM is capable of doing those. Sadly we don't have a Head GS anymore or any plan to have one chosen so we are unable to hold any events like that. (RIP Monster Mondays)

Just to be clear, I'm not wagging my finger at you guys. Not that type of person. However, I think there's plenty of little contests that can be advertised here on the forums, and in-game whether through the little hourly forum advertisement message, or someone Shouting about it. Plus, if it's genuinely good/rewards that motivate people to participate, people will talk about it too. Advance notice is also a big plus.

I think the biggest thing though, is if you have the support of those above you. Whether or not they'll spring some VGN on you to host small events yourself and hand over some items typically not 100% available to players all the time ( like costumes, bikes, skins, etc. ). If not, yeah that stinks. No doubt they're busy, but given what I've seen just in my limited time playing on the server, and from what people post about here, maybe now's the time to start setting aside some time for such things on a weekly basis for small events, and monthly events where the GM's might need to be involved. Also, it's always great to see GM's in game chatting up the community. Doing things, meet and greets, etc.

In response to ViVi at the enhancement section I do agree adding some of sort of safe guards or something to people whiling leveling would be ideal as actually getting them on this server even for myself when I came here I found quite hard until the easter event.
Prior to the SG change on old loot tables, starting at level 30 and up we were originally able to farm sgs 6 7 and 8's from dungeons, so people were atleast able to to float that average +8 +9 gear if they farmed decently.

And as to regards to 8k hp from pets, when that kicked in on ASB pet levelgoing from 30 to 40, that's what actually destroyed the 29 and 39 pvp zones, as for the damage to hp ratio in those areas, that extra 5k hp there means a lot more than it does up in 60's

9 hours ago, Variations said:

Prior to the SG change on old loot tables, starting at level 30 and up we were originally able to farm sgs 6 7 and 8's from dungeons, so people were atleast able to to float that average +8 +9 gear if they farmed decently.

And as to regards to 8k hp from pets, when that kicked in on ASB pet levelgoing from 30 to 40, that's what actually destroyed the 29 and 39 pvp zones, as for the damage to hp ratio in those areas, that extra 5k hp there means a lot more than it does up in 60's

SGs for +6-+8, I don't think are of that important due to the number of players who can even make +9 without narak or SG, myself as one of them. Sure I fail a lot, but I can do it eventually and the lower levels aren't running out of stardust to enhance anytime soon. Sure gold could be a problem, but items to enhance is easy to get.

As for the pet issue, the only thing I could think of is preventing the use of an AP pet till after lvl 40 and they can stick with the new free pet that was released with HP on it, but not sure how well that would turn out as players would need to empty their AP pet of all the data chips before the restriction took place if it could even be done. The ability though to create level 2 pet data chips for lower level players is a positive for the AP pet and a negative. Positive because then players could have greater attack damage making level 2 atk, ch-atk, crit atk, and crit rate data chips. Negative because of the increased damage from the def chips. So, maybe it's back to the drawing board. What do you suggest would be something to balance out the 8k HP from pets that is doable?

14 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

SGs for +6-+8, I don't think are of that important due to the number of players who can even make +9 without narak or SG, myself as one of them. Sure I fail a lot, but I can do it eventually and the lower levels aren't running out of stardust to enhance anytime soon. Sure gold could be a problem, but items to enhance is easy to get.

At the lower levels, I find myself having problems getting stardusts to upgrade stuff outside of dungeons.  There's also the matter of little gold to acquire at those tiers as well,

I find+8 to be a pain at times and +9 is worse.  In fact, I'd never go beyond +8 without SGs. 

Again, lets not take our resources for granted and assume the newer players can do it as nonchalantly like we can.

Edited by Norleras
  • Like 1

As someone who played on this server for about 2 days the main thing you need is: stop killing low level players.  Nothing makes people leave a game faster than randoms killing you when you haven't even figured out your class yet.  I won't be back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, trinite said:

I won't be back.

aw no! Dun bite the dust yet. If ya quit now, ya just make them proud of what they did. Hope ya still recall the names of the jerks that wronged ya. Report em to GS/GM. If they do nothin bout it, then maybe its about time to quit. 

Speakin of "things we might need, but not want.". How bout player reputation system? Or somethin like a comprehensive list/poll of all toon names and let the community "rate" each based on their performance and attitude in the game. The arkana name change item shud be forbidden.

Cuz "bullies" shud be the ones leavin the game, not the potentially wholesome ones.

1 hour ago, sicat said:

aw no! Dun bite the dust yet. If ya quit now, ya just make them proud of what they did. Hope ya still recall the names of the jerks that wronged ya. Report em to GS/GM. If they do nothin bout it, then maybe its about time to quit. 

Speakin of "things we might need, but not want.". How bout player reputation system? Or somethin like a comprehensive list/poll of all toon names and let the community "rate" each based on their performance and attitude in the game. The arkana name change item shud be forbidden.

Cuz "bullies" shud be the ones leavin the game, not the potentially wholesome ones.

While I don't care for "bullies" in the game and we weren't given any indication from them about what the situation was that took place it's hard to say how to really help them want to stay. First, entering a pvp zone isn't mandatory to stick around it once you do main or side quests. Dailies and repeats don't have to be done and players could find their way to do tasks outside those pvp zones. The other thing is the BG system, players who are more powerful, shouldn't be told to give up a win or loot to somebody on the weaker scale. It's pissed me off when players who are weaker just expect you to give them all the loot they shall ever desire. I remember one such person getting pissed at me because I wouldn't let them have a win or take the center ball that drops unique costumes and weapon skins. Their attitude that they should be allowed to win or take loot because I was more OP than them is sheer arrogance on their part. So, while this player didn't like being "bullied" I question what was happening that lead to this as there are some quests that require killing the other faction.

The problem with a reputation system is that while some players will score somebody with a high reputation others will score them lower because they've just clashed against each other. The forbidding the use of the arkana name change is like telling them to stop making money off of the game. Won't happen. The other problem with a reputation system is that it could be used to insult and harass other players, shouts in game are often used to insult or taunt other players.

Which if that person was having problems being repeatedly killed they could have used shouts to ask for assistance or advice on how to deal with it. Like I said they don't have to enter pvp zones more than once and just complete the quest they need to and move on or come back to the quest at another time. Since all new players entering a zone has no announcement of their entrance, the other players don't know they are there unless they have them on a rival list and watch for their whereabouts. Which is pretty pathetic to say the least.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

The other thing is the BG system, players who are more powerful, shouldn't be told to give up a win or loot to somebody on the weaker scale. It's pissed me off when players who are weaker just expect you to give them all the loot they shall ever desire.

No one, not even Vivi, has the rights and authority to order ya to give up a win or a loot. If ya not feelin morally obliged to give up a win and/or loots to those who need em more than you do, then that's your own discretion. Heck, ya can instead help em directly like ya usually do. But if if opportunist weaklings expect and DEMAND it, kill em all.

Seriously. PVE shud be made more fun than this. Ik pvp is an only an option but I've seen a lot of poeple jeering on pve'rs. Sad that pve'rs join BG for the prospect of better loot, performs badly in pvp, then get even more jeers from the very persons that somewhat pressured em to join.

The problem with a reputation system is that while some players will score somebody with a high reputation others will score them lower because they've just clashed against each other.

Yep! Clash wit too many and ya earn notoriety. I see nothin wrong wit that. A few jerks aint enough to soil ur reputation if ya truly are a gud fella.

The other problem with a reputation system is that it could be used to insult and harass other players, shouts in game are often used to insult or taunt other players.

That's the point. The bottom line here is "you get what you play for". Ya insult/harass other players cuz they're jerks, then ya doin great job. Insult a Filomena and ya diggin ya own grave.

• VGN GM
4 hours ago, sicat said:

There's not much I can do in terms of someone getting killed in a pvp map. It's part of the game and not against the rules.

Its when that person openly harassing them about it, then we can do something for it.

• Like 1

Im seeing an increase number in new faces I dont know if its an alt or people from nostale, we need to do something so they will stay, I am currently helping 4 new players because they are AP buyers it might be a waste to let them go.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 4:04 AM, Vivi said:

There's not much I can do in terms of someone getting killed in a pvp map. It's part of the game and not against the rules.

Its when that person openly harassing them about it, then we can do something for it.

What constitutes harassment? Would spawn camping a group of players at a base be harassment? Or do you mean like me just being an ass and killing this one player over-and-over when he/she's trying to do a daily?

Yooooooooo I just solved the ring problem! lol Make a new Commander's Replicube for like, 1G each! I just dropped 6k on the 12g ones just to see what I get ( and those sweet L3 Hypos and 700CP pots ) and got quite a few rings. Just please don't put those awful Magic Rings in there. Averaged about 2 Uniques per 100. I know they're not worth jack, but still. Someone could spend 100g for a good chance at getting a couple of rings. RNG on top of RNG, yes. But the price of 29 cap rings would plummet to where they'd be affordable to all, even new players.

@Beau

I noticed you mentioned locking accounts to just one faction. Not possible and will piss off a lot of players who already have it. Also, you mentioned dual logging players, players aren't supposed to be in the same BG with more than 1 toon if they are report them. That includes logging into an RG toon and FK toon or even 2 toons of the same faction. When it comes to engaging in PvP for bosses players that I know of don't use more than their FK toon or RG toon at a time, not both. Just so you know before we were allowed to dual log on the same computer, I was using two computers to log into the game with 2 different clients. I don't think they want to remove that feature as it helps with GSs and GMs to dual log to monitor the game from both factions at the same time. Besides if a player wants to switch sides you can't lock them out from doing so and I am sure it would just be more trouble and pointlessness to monitor that behavior to punish players who do it just so to keep somebody from obtaining loot. Good luck trying to prevent this especially when there's not enough people online for the other faction to loot from the other faction. 

As for the De-exp thing or locking a toon from exp, I can't count the number of times they've already said not possible over the past 3 years because it's not possible for them to do this. They can prevent a toon from losing experience, but they can't stop a toon from gaining it.

• Like 1

Not everyone has 2 computer, if thats the case, dual logging function should be reserved for GS and GM. Its true that people by ethics and rules are not encouraged to dual log on the same bg using both his/her rg and fk toon but whats stopping them to do it? No one even cares, before you got your toons maxed you are guilty of doing it several times, if you limit the windows of sb to 1 they will be forced to switch toons/accounts if a GS caught your toons dual logging because you have like 2 PC it should be a bannable offense note that this is only bannable in NB,BG and AK, giving GS the ability of checking mac address,ip address ingame will eliminate the risk of them getting fooled, and they can do their job with max efficiency,and having GS from different timezones eliminate the risk of players getting away with it because we have every timezone covered.

They can just create an object and throw in a function or member that gives a negative Value/integer that will serve as a deterent for gaining exp, same as boosters but a negative one and give it an indefinite time, sell them as na AP item.

13 minutes ago, Beau said:

Not everyone has 2 computer, if thats the case, dual logging function should be reserves for GS and GM. Its true that people by ethics and rules are not encouraged to dual log on the same bg using both his/her rg and fk toon but whats stopping them to do it? No one even cares, before you got your toons maxed you are guilty of doing it several times, if you limit the windows of sb to 1 they will be forced to switch toons/accounts if a GS caught your toons dual logging because you have like 2 PC it should be a bannable offense note that this is only bannable in NB,BG and AK, giving GS the ability of checking mac address,ip address ingame will eliminate the risk of them getting fooled, and they can do their job with max efficiency,and having GS from different timezones eliminate the risk of players getting away with it because we have every timezone covered.

Because GSs and GMs right now have the time to check every second of the day if somebody is dual logged. What really is the problem with a player dual logged? They will have have been banned for entering with 2 accounts in any BG, players have only used 1 character at a time for pvp. So, what is the problem? Because they can switch players quickly, is that your issue with it? Doesn't make a difference if it takes them 2 seconds or 2 minutes to switch. They can't make the dual logging feature changed without it causing GSs and GMs from dual logging as well. As long as players are reporting the dual loggers in BGs, there's not an issue with players dual logging at all. So, the GMs taking their time that they have doing other game stuff, there other job, and real life, it's changing that feature that Vendetta created and allowed just to create an inconvenience to them so other players are inconvenienced from switching accounts on the fly. I don't see the problem with players having 2 clients open at once as nobody is pvping with more than 1 toon at a time and nobody is entering a BG with 2 characters. Unless people are entering a BG with 2 characters and others aren't willing to report them as they should it's on the community for accepting and allowing it to continue instead of reporting it.

• Like 1