Things we might need, but not want.

Beau

9 hours ago, BesTweaveR said:

I suggest higher limit for rank points and these should come mainly through PvP and not mobs farming as indeed players just log in to farm RPs and go off. 

The RPs given should be revised possibly, 100-150k a day and maybe half of the amount shall be given by ranks equivalent/higher than Holy Visage, this way even a player who kills it's own alt to farm RPs quickly would struggle capping.

RP mobs farming has gone for too long under the nose.

Current situation is that players never a lot of players never PvP but they will 100% log in to farm RPs as to cap so far it takes around 20 minutes of your time with mobs.

To keep people from farming themselves you would need to increase the loss of RP from death by pvp. However, increasing death RP loss from death by pvp, means you can count me out from pvp and I would just create another character to use instead for pvp, but I don't want to go through another leveling experience again through the level 60 to 65 cap. Removing RP mobs would just mean I stop going for RP all together and well since there's nothing else to do in the game worth doing I'll go find something else to play. That's why people are 100% log in farm RP and log off. I did it last night only to come back for 30min of play and got off since the game is really dead with meaningful stuff to get. I came back to enter a BG only to let the other guy win and yet they still said I was cheating when they couldn't kill me and then spent 30min farming DTO level 2 with absolutely nothing of great worth dropping. Right now the only things the game has going for it are the scantily clad outfits and some people to chat with because loot and pvp is crap. So, changing anything surrounding the RP system that would cause people to spend more than 20min RP capping, which is good if there was other things to do in the game, would just turn me off from doing anything more in the game.

I am for level specific specialty items that drop, but the certain items shouldn't be limited to 1 time loot per player. Take for instance the Asmo, behemoth, Cairn, and Helios pet skins. You get it once and that's it, if they do that with the other pet skins for the other world bosses it means that
a) people are less likely to sell it.
b) they use it and want to switch it out later means that they can't just loot another one
c) possibly cause players to create and destroy characters to obtain more
 (all they would need to do is create gear and move everything possible from the one character to another then destroy that character and create another one of the same class and repeat till they obtain more of those items).

If you create level specific items that drop like the pet skins it would be best to make them as a normal drop and not just as an achievement to obtain only once. I might rotate out my pet skins on my pet, but the idea of not being able to come back to my current pet skin puts me off from switching out the pet skin since my current pet skin was from the Halloween AP only specialty pet skin. I would still love though to obtain a Seona boss pet skin shrunk down to the size of a derpy and not the size of a normal mob. I want a small little spider following me around not a big one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iProtect said:

Dannng, didn’t know the other boss pet skins were a one time deal. That’s BS. They need hard drop rates so players have something to farm for on bosses. 

I'm uncertain what the process will be for obtaining the pet skins of other bosses, but the Amara world bosses only give you a pet skin as a 1 time thing. If they do that with the other world bosses it will be a disappointment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tropical said:

How about a 3 minute cd? So one can call ppl to battle or party but not spam insults.

I don't think it's even possible but a longer CD probably wouldn't help. There are a few dedicated shit talkers and tin foil conspiracists who think the game is against them that must be heard.

As for fixing early game, what about just shortening Quest kill requirements and just boosting the Quest complete XP or just buffing the standard server multiplier. That way people can still run through the story of the quests if they want, but instead of having to kill like 20 of X once you get to Barb and up you just have to do like 5 so you can just breeze through it. Being able to breeze through the quests and leveling would be nice for new players. Was something I actually paid attention to when I first came here was to see how much Gold a new player could get from doing all the quest lines, by the time I was done the 54 quests I was at around 7000 which is a fair bit to get a new player started. Not to mention if you go with a server XP multiplier  buff it will help with the later levels as well too, with the population getting less and less, XP parties are harder to come across for the 60's area. Hell I still haven't even got to 65 yet since like... april 

• Haha 1

• VGN GM
3 hours ago, Variations said:

As for fixing early game, what about just shortening Quest kill requirements and just boosting the Quest complete XP or just buffing the standard server multiplier. That way people can still run through the story of the quests if they want, but instead of having to kill like 20 of X once you get to Barb and up you just have to do like 5 so you can just breeze through it. Being able to breeze through the quests and leveling would be nice for new players. Was something I actually paid attention to when I first came here was to see how much Gold a new player could get from doing all the quest lines, by the time I was done the 54 quests I was at around 7000 which is a fair bit to get a new player started. Not to mention if you go with a server XP multiplier  buff it will help with the later levels as well too, with the population getting less and less, XP parties are harder to come across for the 60's area. Hell I still haven't even got to 65 yet since like... april 

I'd rather not buff the early games quest exp, since one of the problems is early levels leveling too quickly and outleveling needed dungeon runs for gear and such (thus being stuck at 40+ with no gear aside from the base items). So exp for them was tuned down slightly to make a better curve without effecting end game.

End game has gotten a decent boost as well in terms of exp and such though.

8 hours ago, Vivi said:

I'd rather not buff the early games quest exp, since one of the problems is early levels leveling too quickly and outleveling needed dungeon runs for gear and such (thus being stuck at 40+ with no gear aside from the base items). So exp for them was tuned down slightly to make a better curve without effecting end game.

End game has gotten a decent boost as well in terms of exp and such though.

What about a boost to outer world Mob EXP instead then along with Reducing Quest kill requirements?, idk if it can be done as a quick fix without it affecting lower level DGs along with it. That way the quest kill requirements can be cut in half, but adjust the EXP per mob so it equals out over all same exp, just makes the quests shorter

10 hours ago, Variations said:

What about a boost to outer world Mob EXP instead then along with Reducing Quest kill requirements?, idk if it can be done as a quick fix without it affecting lower level DGs along with it. That way the quest kill requirements can be cut in half, but adjust the EXP per mob so it equals out over all same exp, just makes the quests shorter

Ah yes, the easy method of avoiding the work is to cut the work in half. I'd think the best thing for the lower levels is to increase gear drops for them. Make it so that level 30 players can get unique accessories and delta gear through farming, solo DGs passable with gamma gears at 0 to +6 for level 29 and lower. Make SF passable with +8 gamma and IV passable with rare delta +8 or unique at +6 from level 30 to 34 and +8 gamma gear level 25 to 29. Then they could do AT with all +8 unique deltas and SS with level 40 to 44 unique zetas at +6 or +10 unique delta. So, by the time they reach lvl 50, they should have at least +8 zeta unique gear and can farm TA for lvl 50~54 gears and once at 55 can do DMHM for the stuff to get the rest of the gears up to level 59.

Dungeon added drops or BGs

SF - unique earrings lvl 34
       unique trinket level 32

IV - unique rings 38
      unique necklaces 36

AT - unique earrings 44
       unique trinket  42

SS - unique rings lvl 48
        unique necklace 46

There doesn't need to be added drops to 50~59 cap for unique accessories because DMHM covers all accessories if you care to farm it.

I would recommend adding creating level specific unique costumes(ones that are only allowed for certain players and up) and add them to PvP bosses in PvP maps only. But make 0 to 3 drop at one time, no more.

Add SG to the pvp bosses in PvP maps for levels 20~49. Not sure how it would go with adding the SG replicubes to BGs at those levels if it's something those players should have or kinda leave them out to get them to level up into higher levels where players have to pvp for them or well just show up to a BG since many times the other side won't accept the invite. 

Players who wish to stick it out and stay in lower levels will need something to do to gear those characters and pvp over coveted items. I think instead of trying to nerf players gears, make it a bit better for players at lower levels to get gears to compete with those who have the gears?

• Like 3

So just killed Titan and noticed how much Gold I got from it; 19. Would a bump in how much liquid Gold you get from Bosses in the game break it? Another thing is the supply boxes you get occasionally from killing players. I don’t know what you get at higher levels, but it’s pretty bland on lower levels. Could put some stuff in them and revise the loot tables. Granted, there’s a chance heathens ( FK’s ) would farm their RG alts for them! But that could be player-policed.

just random things; no demands or even real suggestions.

Edit: Assuming this patch sees activity in the lower end zones, would a zone-wide Faction reward be something anyone would be interested in seeing for the Faction that kills the boss? That way, even if the opposing sides win the DPS race on a WB, it can still be sniped for some sort of consolation prize/small reward to all that participate.

Again, random thoughts on lunch break.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:12 AM, GoddessSand said:

unique trinket level 32

IV - unique rings 38
      unique necklaces 36

AT - unique earrings 44
       unique trinket  42

SS - unique rings lvl 48
        unique necklace 46

+1 this.

• Like 1

What about doing more with the website “Event” tab? Could introduce weekly or monthly freebie packs. Since this is a F2P game, there could be little packages given out to players. Given that daily login events are the norm in pretty much any online game these days, it could be somewhat replicated on the website with static once-per-week or month packages for players that you spice up every once in awhile. This would be great for both old and new players depending on the items in the package(s). 

One thing that could be good to add on dungeons(30-65lvl) drop table is unique kilocrystal (10%), it can be low rate to drop it, for new players that could be so big help to try upgrade uni mech, uni mech right now only drop from BGs and it have pretty low drop rate and almost always BGs(30-65lvl) be only 1vs1 so it could be pretty hard for new players get uni mech, uni mech play so big part on leveling progress and in PVP that many dont even realise it, trying do dungeons while leveling and gearing forward end game without uni mech is gonna be very frustrating for new players or even trying pvp because they wont have chance against players that play forever in certain level caps that have uni mech, im fine with uni mech to drop from BGs but it shouldnt be that only PvPers can get it, PvEers should have chance get to make one farming dungeons that could drop Unique kilocrystal (10%), what they could use to upgrade their shitty rare mechs to better

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ΣvilTεrεsα said:

One thing that could be good to add on dungeons(30-65lvl) drop table is unique kilocrystal (10%), it can be low rate to drop it, for new players that could be so big help to try upgrade uni mech, uni mech right now only drop from BGs and it have pretty low drop rate and almost always BGs(30-65lvl) be only 1vs1 so it could be pretty hard for new players get uni mech, uni mech play so big part on leveling progress and in PVP that many dont even realise it, trying do dungeons while leveling and gearing forward end game without uni mech is gonna be very frustrating for new players or even trying pvp because they wont have chance against players that play forever in certain level caps that have uni mech, im fine with uni mech to drop from BGs but it shouldnt be that only PvPers can get it, PvEers should have chance get to make one farming dungeons that could drop Unique kilocrystal (10%), what they could use to upgrade their shitty rare mechs to better

uni mechs I believe are in BGs and if people joined without regard to winning and just playing to learn how others plays by way of what they will face later on, they could get use to using their skills in pvp rather than button mashing pve farming.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Norleras said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Major mechs more at the lower levels. 

Clue me in on what a Major Mech is? I’ve only ever used the 20 Rare. I would kill to have a gold Kali in CG, though. No stat difference. Just a different skin. I love gold stuff in this game.

Major Mechs are extensions of the uni mechs, from what I remember.  Just as how there was a regular Uni mech, there is a Major Mech and has additional abilities on top of what the regular Uni mech has.

If memory serves, the 30s tier uni Epona was like any other rare mech, but higher stats.  The Major Mech version of said Epona has Stealth, which the regular Uni Epona lacks.

Edited by Norleras
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, iProtect said:

Clue me in on what a Major Mech is? I’ve only ever used the 20 Rare. I would kill to have a gold Kali in CG, though. No stat difference. Just a different skin. I love gold stuff in this game.

Let me first state that from my understanding (unless they changed it) major mechs like major cyberskin you have to have so much RP to use it, you can't just walk into the game as a novice and no ranking to use it. Next you have to use 500,000RP to make a major mech. So, even if you have enough to use it, you have to have 500,000RP more than that to make it. Be warned that taking a lvl 30 mech and converting it to level 35 without sufficient RP will cost you the use of using your new mech and it would have been better to have left the level 30 unique mech alone.

A major mech is basically an inbetween mech for level 35. It is better than level 30 not as good as level 40 as far as unique mechs go.
level and type
lvl 17 magic mech< Level 20 rare < Level 30 rare< lvl 30 unique <  major unique mech lvl 35 < level 40 unique<  level 50 unique

I did leave out the level 40 and 50 rare mechs. Though level 40 rare belongs somewhere between lvl 35 unique and 40 unique and level 50 rare is between 40 unique and 50 unique. The reason I left them out was because they may be slightly more powerful than the under level unique, they are 1 skill shy of what the unique mechs have. So, while the level 40 rare mech is more powerful than the level 35 major mech, it lacks 1 skill that could off set of keeping to the major mech over using the level 40 rare. Same with using a level 50 rare is slightly more powerful than the unique lvl 40, it just lacks that 1 skill in my opinion to justify using the level 50 rare over the level 40 unique.

2 hours ago, Beau said:

Evil teresa's reply was to give newbies chances to acquire unique mech with ease which is kinda nice, since even how good you are at using your skills if you are undergeared its pretty useless.

I am fully aware of what they are talking about. Having a Rare mech for purposes of farming is just fine and you can have them in DGs. If you farm enough you could buy a 10% kilo and make it unique or loot a 10% kilo if they put them in bosses at lower levels. Though again I was referring to unique mechs really are only best if they are going to pvp and thus would be a reward for pvping. But if you don't care about having PvP specific loot then why not make ancient jewels and spanners all PvE loot too? I would love to have more ancient jewels and ancient spanners in DGs again, but putting them in BGs as well would be fine by me too. Just not having them Amara bosses with extremely crappy drop rates for anything is stupid. Now if there aren't enough people for bosses or BGs to loot a unique mech through pvp, then they don't really need to be concerned about getting one till level 60 and by that time they should have farmed enough of the DGs for gold or keep farming DGs for gold and buy one in AH or reach level 59 and enter AK.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 9:12 AM, GoddessSand said:

Ah yes, the easy method of avoiding the work is to cut the work in half. I'd think the best thing for the lower levels is to increase gear drops for them. Make it so that level 30 players can get unique accessories and delta gear through farming, solo DGs passable with gamma gears at 0 to +6 for level 29 and lower. Make SF passable with +8 gamma and IV passable with rare delta +8 or unique at +6 from level 30 to 34 and +8 gamma gear level 25 to 29. Then they could do AT with all +8 unique deltas and SS with level 40 to 44 unique zetas at +6 or +10 unique delta. So, by the time they reach lvl 50, they should have at least +8 zeta unique gear and can farm TA for lvl 50~54 gears and once at 55 can do DMHM for the stuff to get the rest of the gears up to level 59.

unique trinket level 32

IV - unique rings 38
      unique necklaces 36

AT - unique earrings 44
       unique trinket  42

SS - unique rings lvl 48
        unique necklace 46

There doesn't need to be added drops to 50~59 cap for unique accessories because DMHM covers all accessories if you care to farm it.

I would recommend adding creating level specific unique costumes(ones that are only allowed for certain players and up) and add them to PvP bosses in PvP maps only. But make 0 to 3 drop at one time, no more.

Add SG to the pvp bosses in PvP maps for levels 20~49. Not sure how it would go with adding the SG replicubes to BGs at those levels if it's something those players should have or kinda leave them out to get them to level up into higher levels where players have to pvp for them or well just show up to a BG since many times the other side won't accept the invite. 

Players who wish to stick it out and stay in lower levels will need something to do to gear those characters and pvp over coveted items. I think instead of trying to nerf players gears, make it a bit better for players at lower levels to get gears to compete with those who have the gears?

no neft all lower level gears so vivi can balance dungeons.

as now thos settings are p2w and it's the problem in game as they are still p2w.

as it stands now you need to make level 50 toons to farm SG dayly.if a new player trys to go bg "it's one shot"

what comes to AT SS meh  AT no point to run "only in team mode" new players die in 3th boss and if they make it last boss it's rip ther 

SS meaby after Month's off gold farming to encant gear and gear as broken dungeon. if you cant fix thes issues just nerf the gear and have new players enjoy the game as now it's a skip boost them out off that hell hole 

Well you should try to read carefully again because the only thing she mentions is including kilo crystals as a drop to somehow help people get uni mechs and the fact that there is a big gap between unique mech and rare ones pvp and pve wise which is actually true.

About the ancient spanners, i think asmo drops quite a bit since we get 7 ancient spanners in the span of 3 days, we just really have to camp them hard if you want ancient spanners, about the ancient jewel I agree with you on that one since there is no clear and stable source of getting them to the point that its annoying you can try your luck at ellis but chances are too low, ancient jewel boxes should be an AK or NB drop related item, making it the ultimate reward of getting into pvp, but dont touch the unique r2 jewels it is what seperate the best from the rest if we can have the same stuffs easily then theres really no reason to stay log in for several hours maxing out stuffs.

5 hours ago, Beau said:

Well you should try to read carefully again because the only thing she mentions is including kilo crystals as a drop to somehow help people get uni mechs and the fact that there is a big gap between unique mech and rare ones pvp and pve wise which is actually true.

About the ancient spanners, i think asmo drops quite a bit since we get 7 ancient spanners in the span of 3 days, we just really have to camp them hard if you want ancient spanners, about the ancient jewel I agree with you on that one since there is no clear and stable source of getting them to the point that its annoying you can try your luck at ellis but chances are too low, ancient jewel boxes should be an AK or NB drop related item, making it the ultimate reward of getting into pvp, but dont touch the unique r2 jewels it is what seperate the best from the rest if we can have the same stuffs easily then theres really no reason to stay log in for several hours maxing out stuffs.

I'm not going to touch on your comment on uni crystals and uni mech drops because I already talked about them in a previous comment that included major mechs and though the rare mechs were called "shitty" having a unique for the only purposes of farming DGs isn't that necessary because rare mechs are better than the unique mechs of a lower level and easy to get.

When it comes to ancient jewels, that's cool you are around to see 7 of them in 3 days. I've yet to see one drop from asmo ever since they put them there. Yes, ancient jewels, though really good to have, are the worst item to obtain in the game since they don't drop from any boss or any DG in the game and pretty much ellis hourly quest are the only true place to have any luck at getting them. Though true Amara tank killing will give you a chance to get an ancient jewel or spanner, when I opened 200(yes that many) at once I didn't even get anything of use that I couldn't have gotten from somewhere else in less time. So, while you get to see ancient spanners from Asmo, some people can't play 24/7 let alone put in more than 3 hours at a time to get them. Though these people who only get to play 3 hours at a time do need away that they could get them other than playing the roulette wheel of Asmo once a day. Which if you think about it, if people take asmo right as soon as it spawns and somebody logs in any time after that and has to get off before the next spawn, they never get a chance to loot one. Some of these players seem to show only for AK or NB and go again because well nothing else to do worth doing at any other time. Increase giving them something worth doing and they may want to play more instead of going and moving on to another game.

As far are unique rank 2 jewels are concerned, though they are only 5% better than rank 2 rares at most, they really also shouldn't be that out of reach for players who spend a few hours a day in the game. Having obtained enough rank2 unique ch-eva and crit-atk jewels to make 1 set a couple of years ago, I am currently having a harder time than I did before to get them for my RG toon and it is running around with just rare rank 2. In current end game status the following jewel replicubes seem to be the hardest to obtain, ch-eva, crit-atk, and eva because they really don't drop anywhere common farmers farm including DTO and DS. Because those are the most difficult to find it also means that they are the most difficult to get a unique jewel from. And because they are the most difficult to find and even higher difficulty to obtain a unique jewel, makes them the way too out of reach to make a rank 2 unique jewel given the chance of failure when making them without a SG. So, while you might think that they should be for the top of the top, they shouldn't be that out of reach. if you are a new player and running around with rank 1 jewels getting smacked around by players with rank 2 jewels, would you want to keep playing long if you have a hard time getting rank 2 jewels? Then if you put a rank 1 jewel against a rank 2 unique player then the chances of successfully being able to fight back drops so low that you might as well quit and find another game. Making it easier to obtain the same stuff to compete on the same level will actually help people stay in the game.

• Like 1

Those are technicalities encountered while gaming, we cant care for the well being of everyone and every problems they have, the solution is already ingame somewhere they just need to do something for it to work, people cant log during asmo spawn, player that only plays 3 hrs a day, number of players in a specific faction thats their own problem, the game cannot adjust to them, they need to adjust to the game.

r1 jewels rare and r2 unique jewels are a bad comparison, having r2 rare jewels is enough you can actually fight people with unique r2 jewels evenly but that extra stats is what makes or breaks 2 equally good players and it isnt out of reach its just you need to put an extra effort to get it. Ive been using r2 rares before I started crafting r2 uniques and its kinda rewarding to have something only a few have because you earned it.