Sign in to follow this  
Beau

Things we might need, but not want.

9 hours ago, BesTweaveR said:

I suggest higher limit for rank points and these should come mainly through PvP and not mobs farming as indeed players just log in to farm RPs and go off. 

The RPs given should be revised possibly, 100-150k a day and maybe half of the amount shall be given by ranks equivalent/higher than Holy Visage, this way even a player who kills it's own alt to farm RPs quickly would struggle capping.

RP mobs farming has gone for too long under the nose.

Current situation is that players never a lot of players never PvP but they will 100% log in to farm RPs as to cap so far it takes around 20 minutes of your time with mobs.

To keep people from farming themselves you would need to increase the loss of RP from death by pvp. However, increasing death RP loss from death by pvp, means you can count me out from pvp and I would just create another character to use instead for pvp, but I don't want to go through another leveling experience again through the level 60 to 65 cap. Removing RP mobs would just mean I stop going for RP all together and well since there's nothing else to do in the game worth doing I'll go find something else to play. That's why people are 100% log in farm RP and log off. I did it last night only to come back for 30min of play and got off since the game is really dead with meaningful stuff to get. I came back to enter a BG only to let the other guy win and yet they still said I was cheating when they couldn't kill me and then spent 30min farming DTO level 2 with absolutely nothing of great worth dropping. Right now the only things the game has going for it are the scantily clad outfits and some people to chat with because loot and pvp is crap. So, changing anything surrounding the RP system that would cause people to spend more than 20min RP capping, which is good if there was other things to do in the game, would just turn me off from doing anything more in the game.

I am for level specific specialty items that drop, but the certain items shouldn't be limited to 1 time loot per player. Take for instance the Asmo, behemoth, Cairn, and Helios pet skins. You get it once and that's it, if they do that with the other pet skins for the other world bosses it means that
a) people are less likely to sell it.
b) they use it and want to switch it out later means that they can't just loot another one
c) possibly cause players to create and destroy characters to obtain more
 (all they would need to do is create gear and move everything possible from the one character to another then destroy that character and create another one of the same class and repeat till they obtain more of those items).

If you create level specific items that drop like the pet skins it would be best to make them as a normal drop and not just as an achievement to obtain only once. I might rotate out my pet skins on my pet, but the idea of not being able to come back to my current pet skin puts me off from switching out the pet skin since my current pet skin was from the Halloween AP only specialty pet skin. I would still love though to obtain a Seona boss pet skin shrunk down to the size of a derpy and not the size of a normal mob. I want a small little spider following me around not a big one. 

5 hours ago, LordKonton said:

Something we need is Megaphone bans so certain apes players don't turn off people coming from nostale.

How about a 3 minute cd? So one can call ppl to battle or party but not spam insults.

Dannng, didn’t know the other boss pet skins were a one time deal. That’s BS. They need hard drop rates so players have something to farm for on bosses. 

3 minutes ago, iProtect said:

Dannng, didn’t know the other boss pet skins were a one time deal. That’s BS. They need hard drop rates so players have something to farm for on bosses. 

I'm uncertain what the process will be for obtaining the pet skins of other bosses, but the Amara world bosses only give you a pet skin as a 1 time thing. If they do that with the other world bosses it will be a disappointment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tropical said:

How about a 3 minute cd? So one can call ppl to battle or party but not spam insults.

I don't think it's even possible but a longer CD probably wouldn't help. There are a few dedicated shit talkers and tin foil conspiracists who think the game is against them that must be heard.

As for fixing early game, what about just shortening Quest kill requirements and just boosting the Quest complete XP or just buffing the standard server multiplier. That way people can still run through the story of the quests if they want, but instead of having to kill like 20 of X once you get to Barb and up you just have to do like 5 so you can just breeze through it. Being able to breeze through the quests and leveling would be nice for new players. Was something I actually paid attention to when I first came here was to see how much Gold a new player could get from doing all the quest lines, by the time I was done the 54 quests I was at around 7000 which is a fair bit to get a new player started. Not to mention if you go with a server XP multiplier  buff it will help with the later levels as well too, with the population getting less and less, XP parties are harder to come across for the 60's area. Hell I still haven't even got to 65 yet since like... april 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Variations said:

As for fixing early game, what about just shortening Quest kill requirements and just boosting the Quest complete XP or just buffing the standard server multiplier. That way people can still run through the story of the quests if they want, but instead of having to kill like 20 of X once you get to Barb and up you just have to do like 5 so you can just breeze through it. Being able to breeze through the quests and leveling would be nice for new players. Was something I actually paid attention to when I first came here was to see how much Gold a new player could get from doing all the quest lines, by the time I was done the 54 quests I was at around 7000 which is a fair bit to get a new player started. Not to mention if you go with a server XP multiplier  buff it will help with the later levels as well too, with the population getting less and less, XP parties are harder to come across for the 60's area. Hell I still haven't even got to 65 yet since like... april 

I'd rather not buff the early games quest exp, since one of the problems is early levels leveling too quickly and outleveling needed dungeon runs for gear and such (thus being stuck at 40+ with no gear aside from the base items). So exp for them was tuned down slightly to make a better curve without effecting end game.

End game has gotten a decent boost as well in terms of exp and such though.

8 hours ago, Vivi said:

I'd rather not buff the early games quest exp, since one of the problems is early levels leveling too quickly and outleveling needed dungeon runs for gear and such (thus being stuck at 40+ with no gear aside from the base items). So exp for them was tuned down slightly to make a better curve without effecting end game.

End game has gotten a decent boost as well in terms of exp and such though.

What about a boost to outer world Mob EXP instead then along with Reducing Quest kill requirements?, idk if it can be done as a quick fix without it affecting lower level DGs along with it. That way the quest kill requirements can be cut in half, but adjust the EXP per mob so it equals out over all same exp, just makes the quests shorter

10 hours ago, Variations said:

What about a boost to outer world Mob EXP instead then along with Reducing Quest kill requirements?, idk if it can be done as a quick fix without it affecting lower level DGs along with it. That way the quest kill requirements can be cut in half, but adjust the EXP per mob so it equals out over all same exp, just makes the quests shorter

Ah yes, the easy method of avoiding the work is to cut the work in half. I'd think the best thing for the lower levels is to increase gear drops for them. Make it so that level 30 players can get unique accessories and delta gear through farming, solo DGs passable with gamma gears at 0 to +6 for level 29 and lower. Make SF passable with +8 gamma and IV passable with rare delta +8 or unique at +6 from level 30 to 34 and +8 gamma gear level 25 to 29. Then they could do AT with all +8 unique deltas and SS with level 40 to 44 unique zetas at +6 or +10 unique delta. So, by the time they reach lvl 50, they should have at least +8 zeta unique gear and can farm TA for lvl 50~54 gears and once at 55 can do DMHM for the stuff to get the rest of the gears up to level 59.

Dungeon added drops or BGs

SF - unique earrings lvl 34
       unique trinket level 32

IV - unique rings 38
      unique necklaces 36

AT - unique earrings 44
       unique trinket  42

SS - unique rings lvl 48
        unique necklace 46

There doesn't need to be added drops to 50~59 cap for unique accessories because DMHM covers all accessories if you care to farm it.

I would recommend adding creating level specific unique costumes(ones that are only allowed for certain players and up) and add them to PvP bosses in PvP maps only. But make 0 to 3 drop at one time, no more.

Add SG to the pvp bosses in PvP maps for levels 20~49. Not sure how it would go with adding the SG replicubes to BGs at those levels if it's something those players should have or kinda leave them out to get them to level up into higher levels where players have to pvp for them or well just show up to a BG since many times the other side won't accept the invite. 

Players who wish to stick it out and stay in lower levels will need something to do to gear those characters and pvp over coveted items. I think instead of trying to nerf players gears, make it a bit better for players at lower levels to get gears to compete with those who have the gears?