Would anyone be interested in Leagues?

iProtect

With so much discussion lately about lower level zones, and concern for new players, I thought I'd try and get the communities take on seasonal leagues. For those that aren't familiar with the concept, basically, each month or couple of months there would be a reset of participating players characters, and they'd be forced to start over if they were interested in the next league. Typically, it's seen as a fresh start with new prizes, titles, economy, etc. Games like Path of Exile has similar events such as this. Obviously this isn't quite possible in Scarlet Blade in the traditional sense. However, I believe with how level caps work within the game, it'd be a pretty cool gig to funnel players into older zones again for whatever rewards are offered and for actual new players to play with.

So I'm going to go ahead and get this out of the way, two major things have to be possible for this to work: 

1. Being able to 100% "fix" the Guild Hall glitch or any way someone can just boost someone to the leagues current level cap. Without this it's pointless to even talk about it.

2. The GM's being able to look at a players account and determine the age of the character down to fairly exact details. I'm aware of total playtime, but that can kind of be fudged to where minutes and hours matter.

The reasons for this should be obvious, mainly because I would assume there would be small events hosted here on the forums for the top X number of players to hit the level cap of the zone we'd be playing in for the season. Assuming they can do the above, we're ripe for leagues. Yes, it's not a complete wipe, and not completely fair in the sense that everyone's on 100% even playing fields. Someone who has +12 Delta gear already can just shift it to the participating toon. But the biggest thing will be dealt with ( and a source of monetization from those actively engaging in the season(s) ) which are pets. We'd have to buy new pets, and chips if we wanted to be competitive. Plus the hacks and boosters. 

I guess that's the gist of it. I know they'd have to have their rewards on point for most to do this ( Titles, forum events, unique drops, skins, etc. ) but hey, you'd get to come play with me in CG for a season! Or maybe they'd make me go play with you in a higher cap for the first time! 

12 hours ago, TheSquishy said:

Only way I can see this working is if they put in another server set to lv49 max and then merge the two servers after its done so you can claim any items and gold at the end.

I don't believe an entire new server is needed given the way level capped zones are handled in the game. I'm looking at this as the most simple way possible where the GM's/Vivi doesn't have to break their backs trying to do these things. The majority of what I suggest is largely either player run, or GS ran ( events here on forums ) that wouldn't need much help on the technical side other than the basics that you would semi-expect from something like this. Things that would funnel player to say, CG or Vile for awhile on new toons.

11 hours ago, Daddy said:

this is actually something very similar to what @Viper is thinkin about. We need to articulate it first lol

Oh sweet. Glad to see it's already something that's being tossed around at ya'lls level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSquishy said:

What I suggest is so people can't use the boosting glitch and any extra resources they might have on their main or any alts in fairness

I understand. The boosting glitch would 100% have to get fixed. As with it, events like "Top 50 people to level XX" can't be run. The extra resources you're talking about I'm assuming is having everything needed to max out a league toon gear wise. Unless they go all out, I don't think that's possible ( like you mentioned a new server ). Honestly, I think I'd like it better if we just used our current server anyways. It would be a boon for the economy, even without it being a new server due to all the old gear that's sitting on the AH being rarely sold. Now, there would be purpose to it and would sell quite fast assuming it was a good set.

Alot of the unsold gear sitting in ah is from players who stopped playing weeks or months ago so it wouldn't benefit the economy as much as you would think. And you also have to consider what is and isn't possible as far as manipulating the server to accommodate the seasonal league you're suggesting

1 hour ago, TheSquishy said:

Alot of the unsold gear sitting in ah is from players who stopped playing weeks or months ago so it wouldn't benefit the economy as much as you would think. And you also have to consider what is and isn't possible as far as manipulating the server to accommodate the seasonal league you're suggesting

That may be so, regarding the gear. However, assuming there was a 2-month stint where Caergate for example, was where players flocked to, the 29 cap gear WOULD be valuable, especially the more rare pieces that offer perfect stat combinations for a given class, and doubly so for the even more rare chest/boots that are 4-stat when upgraded. Rare 27 ling would be in high demand, throughout the season, Mechs/Cyberskins wouldn't see much change with how easy they are to acquire, and things like rings and necklaces would have a nice little value attached to them too, even with the update incoming to help get them. In short, again, yes this would be a benefit overall to the economy, as people will be wanting to purchase BiS gear for an area they'll be in for a month or two farming whatever events are being held for the season. Not only that, but when that specific season ends, and a new one begins, the gear will still be relevant since like, 6 months down the line they'll rotate the league back to that zone.

I'm not sure that I'm suggesting much when it comes to "server manipulation". We know that Vivi can modify drop tables. They're testing new ones right now on the test server for 29 cap specifically. We know that Vivi has stated that she believes she can eliminate the GH glitch. So there's another check. The other suggestions I proposed was simply have the GS/Admins/Prominent Guild Leaders/Popular kids in high school/whatever host community-wide events to maximize player participation. That's it. That's all I'm suggesting or just throwing out there, really.

Fix boosting. A must.

Give incentive. Pretty much the only legwork Vivi/Gm's have to do. Put some decent ( exclusive ) drops in the zone we're going to. Not required, but If possible throw up some buffs like more rank points from killing players. Double drop rates, defense/offense buffs, etc. etc. I believe Vivi said it's not possible to have zone-wide buffs. So the buffs would likely be server-wide. Which is fine, as long as the incentives to farm/fight in the featured league area outweigh those in other areas enough to keep people in the league cap.

Host community ran events throughout the season. ie: 1st 50 people to reach level cap. Most number of kills per week. Most contribution on a BG, etc. All of which, can be posted here in a screenshot.

And there you have a rough draft of what it'd take to start leagues. It really seems like a low effort way on getting more players in lower level zones. 

11 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Don't understand this and seems confusing. But I guess those who know will understand and maybe they will like it, but from my understanding it's starting over constantly and it was boring to restart the game the first 4 times and I did it 12 times now so no thanks.

Except it’s not “constantly”. And when a new season begins, it’s not mandatory to do so unless you’re trying to participate in a Community leveling event as stated twice now. Past earning whatever rewards given to those that win/participate, a character already at a seasons level will be fine, and have an early start at whatever else is going on in the season while others are leveling.

Example: GS hosts leveling event here on forums. First 3 to reach say, 29 gets a Pet of their choice. Top 10 get I don’t know, like 10 SG’s to start their enhancing. Top 30, pet hacks or something. So on and so forth.

If you don’t want to participate and have a 29’er already cool, go ahead and work on the other events for the season cap. 

1 hour ago, iProtect said:

Except it’s not “constantly”. And when a new season begins, it’s not mandatory to do so unless you’re trying to participate in a Community leveling event as stated twice now. Past earning whatever rewards given to those that win/participate, a character already at a seasons level will be fine, and have an early start at whatever else is going on in the season while others are leveling.

Example: GS hosts leveling event here on forums. First 3 to reach say, 29 gets a Pet of their choice. Top 10 get I don’t know, like 10 SG’s to start their enhancing. Top 30, pet hacks or something. So on and so forth.

If you don’t want to participate and have a 29’er already cool, go ahead and work on the other events for the season cap. 

Sounds like something only those who are on at the start of the event would win and then what happens if 6 people level at the exact same time because those 6 were in a PT together and exp increases with a PT? Or you get somebody that has a toon that stays a lower level while the higher level toon goes and farms. The lower level toon will also increase the higher level toon's exp faster when PT'd together. 

1 hour ago, GoddessSand said:

Sounds like something only those who are on at the start of the event would win and then what happens if 6 people level at the exact same time because those 6 were in a PT together and exp increases with a PT? Or you get somebody that has a toon that stays a lower level while the higher level toon goes and farms. The lower level toon will also increase the higher level toon's exp faster when PT'd together. 

“Only those at the start...” Ideally, we’d have the events laid out beforehand by a week so those that want to participate can get things in line to do so. 

“6 people at the same time...” That’s up to how the GS/GMs want to handle it. If it’s GS lead, then likely will be whoever posts a screenshot first. If a GM is involved, they most likely can check times specifically. Or it’s just a tie between them all and they all get rewards. Who knows? Up to the coordinators.

”Party exp”. Don’t think it matters, they’re still leveling the toon. Unless it’s something ridiculous like going straight to 20 or whatever. Then that might be an issue. But that’s another question for the coordinators, not me. Might be able to turn off party exp for a few days while the event is happening but again, that’s more of a Vivi question.

3 hours ago, iProtect said:

“Only those at the start...” Ideally, we’d have the events laid out beforehand by a week so those that want to participate can get things in line to do so. 
I don't think you understand my statement of those from the start, usually when a maintenance takes place I am at work along with the rest of my timezone -3 hrs to +2 hours from me. That means when the game goes live again all those who are normally active after maintenance will have the advantage. So, the ideally would have things in line to do so like what? Tell our bosses we aren't coming in to play a video game? This would just be another event which would be only good for those who can participate just like all the other events that people create in game for specific times that others can't join because we can't be there. Not a fan and not something that sounds exciting to go through the boring story line over and over again. You asked for my opinion of it and I give it along with my 2 cents of criticism since I don't think you thought this through very well. 

“6 people at the same time...” That’s up to how the GS/GMs want to handle it. If it’s GS lead, then likely will be whoever posts a screenshot first. If a GM is involved, they most likely can check times specifically. Or it’s just a tie between them all and they all get rewards. Who knows? Up to the coordinators.

In a PT of 6 people going through at the exact same time will create a leveling of 6 people at the exact same time.

”Party exp”. Don’t think it matters, they’re still leveling the toon. Unless it’s something ridiculous like going straight to 20 or whatever. Then that might be an issue. But that’s another question for the coordinators, not me. Might be able to turn off party exp for a few days while the event is happening but again, that’s more of a Vivi question.

The PT of 6 people will also level faster than 1 person doing stuff alone, which is why players want Exp PTs because it's faster than leveling alone. Asking Vivi to alter the game just for this event would be a waste of her time. She barely has time to go through all the things we keep saying needs to be fixed since our last patch was Easter event and then we got another patch nerfing the hell out of DS and DTO, though unique costumes were added there with very small drop rate making those two DGs boring as hell for fruitless farming, But you want her to alter the entire game for a week just for an event that not everybody will get a fair shot at. So, good luck with that.

Yo, Sand man. I'm not a GM or GS. I'm not the one who's planning this out. So of course I don't have all the details down pat. Calm your tits. I'm just seeing if people would be interested in something SIMILAR to what other games do. That's it. I get that your feelings are hurt because the things you want done aren't getting done. Got it loud and clear. But go turn on some MCR and cry it out with a Fuzzy Navel.

And just to get your panties further in a bunch. lol 

On 10/1/2019 at 1:23 AM, Daddy said:

this is actually something very similar to what @Viper is thinkin about. We need to articulate it first lol

12 hours ago, iProtect said:

Yo, Sand man. I'm not a GM or GS. I'm not the one who's planning this out. So of course I don't have all the details down pat. Calm your tits. I'm just seeing if people would be interested in something SIMILAR to what other games do. That's it. I get that your feelings are hurt because the things you want done aren't getting done. Got it loud and clear. But go turn on some MCR and cry it out with a Fuzzy Navel.

And just to get your panties further in a bunch. lol 

Wow, I must have insulted you, I don't feel sorry about it, but you have issues. Go see a therapist to fix that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoddessSand said:

Wow, I must have insulted you, I don't feel sorry about it, but you have issues. Go see a therapist to fix that.

Not at all. I chuckled actually, as you’re the resident complainer here. That’s a good thing! They’re often the funniest people to work with. Like, even though they complain about everything, and nothing makes them happy, they stick around. So it’s cool, man.

5 hours ago, iProtect said:

Not at all. I chuckled actually, as you’re the resident complainer here. That’s a good thing! They’re often the funniest people to work with. Like, even though they complain about everything, and nothing makes them happy, they stick around. So it’s cool, man.

Maybe you're just still pissed about me taking Yevon's Wanted. I'm wondering when you'll actually be of use to the RG faction.