Beau

This is only a suggestion don't hate me for this, lately I've notice there are alot of returning players in SB most of them are well respected and might be an asset in their respective factions this coupled with new players joining, I'm thinking that this is a perfect timing to conduct an EXP event, not a one time EXP event but a scheduled EXP event maybe weekly for a set amount of time frame. when you think about it, returning players that are exceptional wont have to waste time finding a party and doing exp grind for weeks, they can head straight helping their faction by participating NB and AK keeping the PVP alive while new players will have an opportunity to have a look and see how it feels when PVP on SB is alive, I know this is counter inituitive letting newbies participate in big boys playground but it will give them more reason to make themselves better, I'm thinking of an EXP event where you need  to use 1k EXP boosters not only does it helps the AP market alive by giving AP buyers reason to sell AP, but this will also help the server grow via donations, this will open up a new possibility for a PVP event instead of the usual PVE event like last year although its nice to have both if possible.

• Like 1

I think somebody missed the comment from Vivi about players not gaining exp too fast and not having gears when they reach higher levels. The only levels that actually require the hardest work for leveling is 60+ and well that's the level that needs PTs for exp gaining, but should have something to mix up the mindless grinding of exp. The best thing for lower levels is events for gear and have DGs that can be completed easily enough, not too easy, that give good exp and gear. If they increased drops of good items for Team DGs(make them so you need a team to do them not team solo runs), which also give more exp, higher gold, and more items people might have a bit more fun doing team runs. IV was probably one of the best DGs for team runs ever of all time. Though probably once they released the lvl 44 cap and up team runs became less rewarding and too hard. I don't ever remember doing team runs of AT and even solo runs to this day I don't like. Even now people don't do Team runs of DTO, takes too long and loot isn't any better, and the one time I was in a PT that was going to do DS the medic kept leaving and making players waste passcards. So, if they reworked the dungeons in Team mode would be a better option than having an exp event.

• Like 1

There are alot of benefits by having a max level toon, about their gears there are alot of people specially in fk side atm who is willing to help people so it might not take them a long time to catch up since low level cap is still under observation and waiting for changes.

1 hour ago, Beau said:

There are alot of benefits by having a max level toon, about their gears there are alot of people specially in fk side atm who is willing to help people so it might not take them a long time to catch up since low level cap is still under observation and waiting for changes.

Lower level caps also don't have people farming the DGs because there isn't anything dropping unique accessories for level 30~39 on a regular basis. Like Vivi said people are rushing to endgame without proper gear and getting smacked. The idea of creating better Team dungeons (that people can't solo easily) with more loot is so that more people would create PTs to farm them. Team dungeons also give better exp than just farming away in the same spot doing the same thing for hours on end without having anything but exp to show for it. Doing Team dungeons where the bosses give better exp and more loot, people would probably enjoy doing that instead of farming DS for hours. At 60+ nobody does team DGs because those DGs aren't worth the time to farm. At lower level dungeons it's not the armor that is needed, it's the accessories that players need to compete in PvP. Just because they create a toon for endgame doesn't mean that they are ready for it. Let people enjoy a good healthy time leveling and farming without rushing to endgame to quit. I stopped helping new players because they quit regardless of my help or they are probably just using an alt begging for others to just give it to them. If a player wants to reach endgame, somebody could help them reach it in 3 hours most likely, so why not let them level and experience the game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

The idea of creating better Team dungeons (that people can't solo easily) with more loot is so that more people would create PTs to farm them.

It only works when there are lots of people around. Has there been any 6-member pt doin team dg recently? Doing team mode dg with only 2 members is basically masochism especially for the undergeared.

Would be nice if the difficulty level and rewards of team dg's correlate with the number of members in the team. 

Like I've this does not only aim new players but old returning players alike. Ive seen players like peepingtom, buns and other players online and is underleveled, they are stuck because there only a handful of players leveling with different timezones, if youve been paying attention to what im saying low level caps are still undergoing test and changes and new players most likely will find themselves alone for an eternity from level 1 to 50, just like @sicat said your suggestion only works if there are lots of player in the lower cap, were facing a dillemma with new players stuck in limbo on lower cap and returning players stuck finding a proper party to level up.

4 hours ago, Beau said:

Like I've this does not only aim new players but old returning players alike. Ive seen players like peepingtom, buns and other players online and is underleveled, they are stuck because there only a handful of players leveling with different timezones, if youve been paying attention to what im saying low level caps are still undergoing test and changes and new players most likely will find themselves alone for an eternity from level 1 to 50, just like @sicat said your suggestion only works if there are lots of player in the lower cap, were facing a dillemma with new players stuck in limbo on lower cap and returning players stuck finding a proper party to level up.

Are these people wanting a 2 hour farm exp to reach max level? How have some of the current active level 65 players obtained level 65 when a few weeks ago they were only 60 or 63?

The idea of reworking team DGs for endgame is because they are too hard and take too long with lack of reward and experience is greater just repeatedly farming mobs anywhere in the game. If team mode dungeons were reworked and loot increased and added special items specifically for team mode you could possibly get more team runs. Right now players don't do team runs because they aren't worth doing, so you can't really say that my suggestion won't help if my suggestion isn't put in place. Not having the number of people will change if the reward for the dungeon is right.

• Like 1

You're missing the point one after another, were talking about an event to help things even out while waiting for the upcoming patch this is not a suggestion about permanent changes or something like that, if you wanna suggest things like reworking dungeons and drop rate and stuffs you came to the wrong post and that stuff is already in the process, maybe youre confused 😂

5 hours ago, Beau said:

You're missing the point one after another, were talking about an event to help things even out while waiting for the upcoming patch this is not a suggestion about permanent changes or something like that, if you wanna suggest things like reworking dungeons and drop rate and stuffs you came to the wrong post and that stuff is already in the process, maybe youre confused 😂

HAHA, you think I missed what you said? hahaha, I caught every word and I think you missed every thing Vivi has said on the matter and everything I have repeated form comments Vivi has made on the matter. She doesn't want players to gain exp too fast at lower levels, so who does the event really benefit? Oh right those who are going through lvl 60+, which I said that they just need DGs with better drops, exp, and lower difficulty instead of farming mindlessly in DV for hours on end with just exp to show for it. Now, let me point out that the GSs and Vivi are way too busy at the moment working on the patch to host an event if you couldn't tell already since I rarely see them in game more than a few minutes. If they want to spare a few minutes that's up to them, but I don't see it happening. I do believe they want to finish the patch before Halloween and I think players have been gaining exp in a timely manner at 60+, those bellow don't need an event to get through those level caps. So, back to my suggestion of just improving DGs for team mode and then they wouldn't need to host exp events at all as the DGs would be useful for gaining exp and looting, which is far better than just gaining exp.

• Like 1

@Beau " were talking about an event to help things even out while waiting for the upcoming patch this is not a suggestion about permanent changes or something like that, "  Did I read that right? I think so, GSs are busy with patch to improve things. Right now asking for them to make an event when the next patch will most likely include an event. I said it before and I keep saying it, how thick are you? Vivi said this -

I'd rather not buff the early games quest exp, since one of the problems is early levels leveling too quickly and outleveling needed dungeon runs for gear and such (thus being stuck at 40+ with no gear aside from the base items). So exp for them was tuned down slightly to make a better curve without effecting end game.

End game has gotten a decent boost as well in terms of exp and such though.

Meaning that your exp event will do the opposite of what Vivi said and my suggestion of improving dungeons will help players better than an experience event.

You said "I'm thinking that this is a perfect timing to conduct an EXP event, not a one time EXP event but a scheduled EXP event maybe weekly for a set amount of time frame. when you think about it, returning players that are exceptional wont have to waste time finding a party and doing exp grind for weeks."

Which you can refer to my earlier quote of what Vivi said and then look at my suggestions for improving dungeons for helping returning players gain exp. If returning players have a hard time finding a party for exp, improving the dungeons for solo runs with increased exp would serve them well. If you think about this MMORPGs and others, this MMORPG is probably the easiest RPG to level up a player that is also fun to play. As I agree that grinding mobs in DV is mindless and boring work a weekly event isn't really necessary as a player could in a week reach level 65 if they put in the work to do it. What you are suggesting in away is that all players who worked their butts off and spend AP to get to level 65 are now going to watch people spend less AP and do less work to reach the same level. Yeah, if they didn't leave the game in the first place, they wouldn't be having this problem now just because many threw a fit over the new level cap, changes in skills at that time, and work they would have to do. So, these people want to come back and be handed a character that is level 65 and fully geared. Ask Gunner how he feels about watching these people have it easier than he did including the costs he made over the past few weeks leveling up why don't you?

• Like 1

Everything you qouted has nothing to do in what im suggesting, vivi is refering about not making the early game exp high to the point that they give too much exp that they outleveling the said dungeon, dungeon experience and drop table are already ongoing, again its a different topic and as I recall she already decline that proposal which you are trying on insisting making changes on a dungeon mechanic is more complex than spawning a monster that gives high exp which contradicts on what youre saying about gm is busy and that your suggestion is better which not only gives them more workload and actually is already scraped but for some reason youre still going on about it🤣.

About gm and gs busy doing the patch, it is up to them to decide, that is why I am suggesting, its not an order, I am actually waiting, for some reason you keep deciding about the matter in your own 🤣 leveling hard is different from leveling smart do keep that in mind, I already did a complete 1 to 65 leveling using only the free boosters ingame and the free boosters on event website plus a couple of 1k boosters about 2 to 3. I dont really know what gunner have been doing with his toon but when I was still in 59 cap he is already level 62 and by the time I decided leveled to 65 he is still 63, fast forward 2 months ago I made a DE, a WH and a PU on RG side with levels 65,59 and 63 while he just recently made it into 65 so its his own personal problem.

To name a few players, If you let burns and peeping tom level you'll spice up NB and AK by alot since not only they are SB legends but are well respected, I myself is looking forward having to face them in pvp.

• VGN GM
14 minutes ago, Beau said:

Everything you qouted has nothing to do in what im suggesting, vivi is refering about not making the early game exp high to the point that they give too much exp that they outleveling the said dungeon, dungeon experience and drop table are already ongoing, again its a different topic and as I recall she already decline that proposal which you are trying on insisting making changes on a dungeon mechanic is more complex than spawning a monster that gives high exp which contradicts on what youre saying about gm is busy and that your suggestion is better which not only gives them more workload and actually is already scraped but for some reason youre still going on about it🤣.

Goddess does have a point though. Doing an exp event prior to me releasing the patch would put us in the same issue that I'm looking to avoid with early players leveling too quickly. The problem of people leveing too quickly is in the quests and the mob exp as well (Luna did this massive graph for it to show general trends of leveling). So bumping that up even higher would just throw actually new people even further out of balance.

If I could contain said event to just higher levels, it'd be all well and good, but it'd be available to everyone.

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking of doing it only in higher levels but then again, I dont like the idea of having only a select few people only benefiting from a certain event thats why I included newbies too and since most of the newbies now are "getting help" from veteran players they might be on higher levels by now, anyway it cannot be avoided as there are alot of workaround getting into higher level unless that too gets patched, so it save alot of hassle. But actually I like what Im hearing, "doing an event prior to releasing the new patch" means its  gonna happen sooner than Im thinking, thanks for the response.

• VGN GM
4 minutes ago, Beau said:

But actually I like what Im hearing, "doing an even prior to releasing the new patch" means its  gonna happen sooner than Im thinking, thanks for the response.

Sooner rather then later is the idea, but it all comes down to testing and how well it goes.