Then Booster changes

Variations

• VGN GM
Just now, Variations said:

does that affect the arkana data chip too? is it a permanent thing or a blanket fix till server exp gets fixed? and how does this fix DV since the last patch was suppose to double DV EXP? Still missing a x2 multiplier for there 

As said in patch notes, ALL exp boosts have been increased to x5 their original value.

And perhaps saying doubled was poor wording but it was greatly increased.

idk if raising the effect of exp boosters is a good idea to fix exp in endgame, bcoz bellow lvl 50 the exp rates are ok, we mainly needed the level 60+ mobs to give more exp when they are killed. before the patch I was getting about 1% exp per hour farming seona's dg using booster. now it should be 5% per hour which is still very low.

I'd suggest to change back the booster to its original values and boost the actual exp from mobs (which should probally take more time to be done but it is the most efficient way to fix one part of the game without breaking others)

• VGN GM
12 hours ago, DrakkarUlfsark said:

idk if raising the effect of exp boosters is a good idea to fix exp in endgame, bcoz bellow lvl 50 the exp rates are ok, we mainly needed the level 60+ mobs to give more exp when they are killed. before the patch I was getting about 1% exp per hour farming seona's dg using booster. now it should be 5% per hour which is still very low.

I'd suggest to change back the booster to its original values and boost the actual exp from mobs (which should probally take more time to be done but it is the most efficient way to fix one part of the game without breaking others)

I'm not sure if this comment is entirely about the EXP rates change but I can give you insight on why the change was made in this way.

As Vivi said in her patch notes there was a new method used to boost the EXP rates in game so that the boosted EXP this server has is the same without breaking some internal files that she was experiancing with almost every update (I could be wrong but it's 500% EXP extra compared to the official server originally).

So think of it this way the original rates where 500% and your EXP booster was +10% you would get the following result:
Monster EXP = 100
100 * 5 = 500

500 * 1.1 = 550

All good.

Now with the new system it acts like a server wide booster in a way so the new formula would be
100 * 5.1 = 510

As you can see your losing EXP and the loss becomes greater the more EXP the monster had.

Edit: Just incase people get confused the EXP is given by "TOTAL = EXP + (EXP * BOOSTERS)".

So she was faced with two options:

1. Revert the change to the old system, works effectively, causes development problems.
  2. Multiply all boosters by 5 to compensate for the missing exp.

As for your other points and comments I cannot really explain / debate these as I only help out Vivi on a couple things or create tools for her to use in deving this game, I personally don't know much other than the basics. I hope atleast you can understand that the change I don't think was directly made to change any balance of the game but rather just fix a bug/issue that was created by a previous change.

totalExperience = ((baseExperience*serverRate)*expBoosters);

I think the main problem was the system identifies the global rate which is the 500% the same as the variable that is handling every experience boosters which is additive and in fact  is correct algorithm wise, if true,  another variable should handle the global rate or much better if we can manipulate each monster algorithm so we can pick which monsters need exp changes.

• VGN GM
11 minutes ago, Beau said:

totalExperience = ((baseExperience*serverRate)*expBoosters);

I think the main problem was the system identifies the global rate which is the 500% the same as the variable that is handling every experience boosters which is additive and in fact  is correct algorithm wise, if true,  another variable should handle the global rate or much better if we can manipulate each monster algorithm so we can pick which monsters need exp changes.

It's how I said it, the current method is the exact same as a booster as while before each monster was manually increased by 500% but as mentioned there was a lot of problems caused by doing this which was why it was changed. How it is right now is perfectly fine aslong as Vivi did the numbers right which I presume has been done.

There is also no reason to change a monsters algorithm as quite simply you can just change how much base EXP the monster gives. Having different algorithms for different monsters would be very bad coding practice, nore is it even possible to change the algorithm for this game at all. But again, I'll leave the balancing up to Vivi and the GS as I have no idea on the specifics of the game 😁

P.S

Remember it would be TotalExp = baseExp + (baseExp * (expBoosters + serverRate)) now, before would be TotalExp = baseExp + ((baseExp * serverRate) * expBoosters). Remember you're giving +500% not 500% so you'd need to add the result to the base amount.

Thats the main reason youre getting 5.1 is because youre adding boosters and the server rate instead of multiplying the original exp first with the server rate, what I mean is parameters sorry about that, lets say plant gives 5m exp and kamora gives 20m exp originally, giving them a global increase of 500% would also affect monsters in lower cap, if just change kamora parameters and give it 100m exp instead of setting a global one it would fix the issue of lower levels having larger exp than neccessary.

serverExperience = (baseExperience*serverRate);

totalExperience = serverExperience+(serverExperience*expBoosters);

Having a seperate variable holding the server based experience is much better rather than clumping it together in one go, it might result in bugs, because those params might be carried over and applied in unexpected way.

• VGN GM
On 11/9/2019 at 4:58 PM, Beau said:

Depending on the layout table, it wont be neccessary or it might cause more harm, It is much more easier to just increase exp given by specific type of monster than going all the trouble re adjusting the exp table.

Its actually not. There's a hidden EXP cap that is about to be reached (we actually did reach it in testing these changes). If we're not careful, then you'll start losing EXP rather then gaining exp because you've hit that cap. Basically there's an overflow limit - if limit is reached, exp goes negative. And rather then seeing the message, EXP Increased by: xxx, you start to get, EXP Decreased by: xxx and actually lose exp.

Making adjustments to the EXP required for each level will then cause issues that we saw other people have - negative exp, unable to level and mobs no longer giving exp on occasion.