Pet chips Lv. 2

BesTweaveR

Is it possible to reduce the crafting requirement for pet chips Lv. 2 with Julia as currently it is a huge pain to gear a 2nd toon with those, 3rd pretty much unthinkable. Farming that dungeon is just eternally long that it feels like to have lost so much of my life time doing nothing.

Everyone has more than 1 toon, and it needs 4 items: 

1. Amethyst Beacon

2. Powered malachite Scanner

3. Azure Ore

4. Smoldering Lava Rock

I think there's enough supply of crafting materials out there but...

I, for one, am hoarding around 110 rocks that I wont sell for gold till the game economy recovers. I believe other hoarders have even bigger quantities of crafting materials sittin in their inventory. It's just that gold had lost it's value that's why ya dun see much craftin materials in AH. There's just too much gold now that it gives people a false sense of wealth. :P

i farmed all my r2 chips and nvr really want to do it again but its probably mind blowingly easier for dps so idk and its a feature that should take time since having all those chips can be kinda op and should take you awhile to get especialyl for a new character so you cant just magically have a new character max gear day 1.

3 hours ago, Daddy said:

i farmed all my r2 chips and nvr really want to do it again but its probably mind blowingly easier for dps so idk and its a feature that should take time since having all those chips can be kinda op and should take you awhile to get especialyl for a new character so you cant just magically have a new character max gear day 1.

Halving it's requirement would be good. New players can better match the perfectly geared players as so far too many difference are there: besides unique jewels, there are also now ancient jewels and spanner that take atleast 1 year of waiting for anyone willing to finally have same gear pieces like most OP players, and if you miss it, it makes it 2 years if still not going to miss it. 

Also lot's of players play more than 1 toon because it's FUN to try other classes and play them, it personally made me stay in this game until now while otherwise also I'd had quit long ago. It's a huge reason to continue because it indeed brings back excitement for playing this game.

I'm playing this for 3 years and yet i have 0 unique jewels, and same as last year I've missed this event due to family visit so I'm also not fully ancient spanned yet. So yeah, halving pet chips requirement would help, especially for medics because what you've experienced like most other medics shall no longer be that way since the original amount was too wrong considering medics capabilities.

19 hours ago, Daddy said:

its a feature that should take time

lemme use this as an alibi for not joinin BG. Hell yeah! More farmin, less pvp!

seriously, lemme point out that it was a lot easier to farm craftin materials before. I noticed that the older this game goes the more difficult to obtain essential items-- crafting materials, jewels, spanners, blueprints, uni kilocrystals-- just to name a few. I was lucky I farmed enough crafting materials back when it was still abundant. Was'nt lucky enough to reap the benefits of the pre-nerfed DS and lowbie NB. It's fair and just to reward players that played long enough but if ya do it via choking the accessibility of essential resources for the newcomers, how'dya expect for the new players to stay long? I'm pretty sure the morals here is that "ya need dedication to win this game" but for some reason it's kindda sendin me the wrong message "dis game is exclusive for veterans and whales only".

/banter

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Daddy said:

it takes a week if you just farm it... yes it's a pain 4th time i think i quit the game 5th time fuck i need weed to do this shit 

last I ran DMHM I was getting about 20 smoldering lava rocks per hour. This is really all I needed to farm for, but gathered other items for good measure. But with current crafting requirements you need 300 for all your accessories and if you go full 11 + gold, drop rate, pet exp, and both arkana exp pet chips for a total of 16 pet chips to make rank 2 you will need an additional 320 for a grand total of 620. Now most people probably only get 10 smoldering lava rocks per hour due to farming speed limitations, will mean you need to spend 62 hours farming DMHM, 31 hours if you get 20/hour like me. With that DG not dropping anything special other than those out of need then farming it will take 1 to 2 months if you just farm 1 hour per day, which is a good amount to farm a day for a player who has a life outside the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

last I ran DMHM I was getting about 20 smoldering lava rocks per hour. This is really all I needed to farm for, but gathered other items for good measure. But with current crafting requirements you need 300 for all your accessories and if you go full 11 + gold, drop rate, pet exp, and both arkana exp pet chips for a total of 16 pet chips to make rank 2 you will need an additional 320 for a grand total of 620. Now most people probably only get 10 smoldering lava rocks per hour due to farming speed limitations, will mean you need to spend 62 hours farming DMHM, 31 hours if you get 20/hour like me. With that DG not dropping anything special other than those out of need then farming it will take 1 to 2 months if you just farm 1 hour per day, which is a good amount to farm a day for a player who has a life outside the game.

You think I'd choose farming that dungeon instead of hanging out and have some quality time? xD

13 hours ago, BesTweaveR said:

You are crazy AF Zene, I did not even make all pet chips lv 2 on my first toon italy2 lol, i said fug off to those pvp def, def, ch-eva lol

And here I did it for 2 sets of accessories for 2 toons and 1 set of accessories for 2 Medics and all 4 has about 16 pet chips made into rank 2. Upon the first release of DMHM with accessories and petchip lvl 2, I can't remember how long it took, but I can say it didn't have a good drop rate for smoldering lava rocks as it does today I think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daddy said:

All my chars use rare lol

Getting a bit off topic now, but unique jewels are harder to come by as it took me 6 months to get 2 full sets of unique jewels back in 54 cap and since then I am lucky to see 1 unique jewel and that includes before nerfing DS and DTO from dropping more unique gear. So, when we talk about nothing worth farming DMHM for smoldering lava rocks is pretty much all the DG is good for, while DS and DTO are pretty much almost pointless to farm because drops aren't that special as I get more SP jewels over any other jewel per run. I'd like to see DG drops fixed after you are all done with skills before releasing any more gear, level cap increases, and even Mechs. I'd also like to point out that Vivi doesn't have to release a new DG or map next cap unless she plans to create an alternative to BGs.  I think the DV map is big enough to take certain mobs and alter their levels and Amara can remain a PvP map. This would allow Vivi the ability to take more time to map a 70+ pvp map, DGs, and gear. I also recommend that Vivi forgo using magic and rare gears for future level caps to also save time on gears people don't use at all. If anything she could make a stage 1(normal), stage 2(magic), and stage 3(rare) gears that have no stats so she doesn't waste time putting stats in them if she really cares that there should be normal, magic, and rare type gears.

• Like 1