Game doesn't start

Necronn

So, I'm going insane.

I downloaded this game  2 days ago. Had so much trouble to get the game working. I tried downloading the directx 9 and visual c++ package here on the forum and installing it. I tried the xigncode fix. I tried whitelisting everything in my anti-virus, even disabled it. Didn't change anything. Game still didn't start. So I thought I should restart my computer, might fix it. Tried one last time and somehow the game booted up. Yay.

Played yesterday without any issues what so ever. Game booted up on the first try, no problem.

Today. Same issues as the first time. I press start game and the Xigncode3 window pops up in the lower right corner, loads completely and then shows up as an icon in the lower right corner. But the game doesn't start. As soon as I mouse over the icon it disappears. Sometimes it just goes away even if I doesn't mouse over it... I'm not even getting an error message or anything, it just doesn't start at all.. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be? I have done everything I stated above, even did a clean install of the game. Still doesn't boot... I'm stumped, don't know what else to try.

What about the "xm" application in the xigncode folder?  Did you put that on exceptions list of your firewall?

Have you also flushed your dns?

I did a little searching and it seems restarting the computer is a work around.

If you have this "Asmedia 106x SATA Controller" installed, disable it or get rid of it.

It may be another driver issue interfering with SB or Xigncode such as MSI Afterburner

Edited by Norleras

I have tried that. Didn't help.

I'll try flushing my dns next time it happens. That and restarting the computer I guess.

I do not have anything called "Asmedia 106x SATA Controller" installed.

It's all just so weird. I managed to get it working just now by just starting the game over and over for almost an hour. Just doesn't make any sense.

Does a txt file get created in the Log folder in the SB directory when this happens?  Please check if it does.

Another question.  Did you put the installer on exceptions lists of firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware (If you have it) as well as run everything as administrator?

Edited by Norleras

I hadn't. So the game had been working fine for 2 days now. Booted up like it should. Got problems again today. Logged onto the forums and saw your answer. Tried it and it started up just fine. I have no idea if that actually was my issue or if I just got lucky on my 7th attempt. It's just so odd that it works some days and some days it doesn't.

I guess I'll report back if it acts up again. Thank you for your continued support Norleras :)