SB not starting after successfully logging in and pressing start game

AuthenticPanTwin

Hi hi ^_^

I have seen another forum that addressed this issue however, I have tried all the suggested fixes and nothing has worked for me. 

The compatibility has been changed to windows 7, I've allowed the SBLauncher.exe, SB.exe and Xigncode app as exceptions through the firewall manually. None of these options have worked for me unfortunately. 

Are there other things I'm missing or something else I could try? 

I have also tried re-installing the game files, that hasn't worked either. 

And yes, no error message comes up at all. After the circle beside my mouse that signifies loading is finished, nothing happens. 

• VGN GM

When doing compatibility mode, are you also doing it on the sb.exe as well? That is the main one that needs changing.

Make sure you have the C++ Redistributables downloaded and the DirectX runtimes downloaded as well. For the C++, 2010 is the most important, and you should download both the x64 and x86. Also, if you've never downloaded any of the latest ones - its not important for SB, but I would recommend it for any other game you may play.

I would also check where the game is downloaded and perhaps try changing the location of it. Also make sure that if you have an anti-virus installed, that the entire VGN folder is added as an exception to your anti-virus.

I have tried to set up the C++ 2010 but I can't because windows 11 has newest one already downloaded.

I have Both SB.exe and the SB launcher set to compatibility mode with windows 7 and they are exceptions with my anti-virus along with the xm.exe. 

SB should still run on windows 11, right? 

I've set up the Directx9 as best I can, I'm not used to doing this so am still unsure if I even have the files in the correct place. 

Visual C++ can be installed for all versions new and old you can have multiple on there You need to 2010 specifically.

Yes, it will run in 11 but you do need to run Windows 8 or 7 Compatible. As Vivi said SB.exe is the one you need to mark.

Edited by Jade
  • Like 1