Pvp balancing? New feature?

Daddy Juns

Hi I find it alarming that we are losing players since they are transfering to Ethereal EE and I hope that the team is working on something that can bring players back to the server. i was just wondering if we can add a pvp solely for base classes for a more balanced one or a pvp/gvg/tw where gears/class/levels are capped to a specific tier/level that might help improve the experience of other players. Idk which is the most balanced level to be honest but maybe 65-75 range. After entering the said battlefield the stats will be adjusted to lv65/75 and there will be npcs inside to provide gears that can only be used in that specific battle. I have played games which had the same feature such as black desert online and I was just thinking if its possible for VGN to do that.

Maybe players can earn points that can be used for cosmetics so that the players who would only play just for pvp would have some rewards at least.

• Like 1

• VGN GM
17 hours ago, Daddy Juns said:

Hi I find it alarming that we are losing players since they are transfering to Ethereal EE and I hope that the team is working on something that can bring players back to the server. i was just wondering if we can add a pvp solely for base classes for a more balanced one or a pvp/gvg/tw where gears/class/levels are capped to a specific tier/level that might help improve the experience of other players. Idk which is the most balanced level to be honest but maybe 65-75 range. After entering the said battlefield the stats will be adjusted to lv65/75 and there will be npcs inside to provide gears that can only be used in that specific battle. I have played games which had the same feature such as black desert online and I was just thinking if its possible for VGN to do that.

Maybe players can earn points that can be used for cosmetics so that the players who would only play just for pvp would have some rewards at least.

We are working on things for the 3v3 arena at the moment whether they will be the next patch or not is still up for debate.

I want to point out however that up until last year we had a mode exactly how you pitched in the game for several years called Normal Class Territory War which had a gear cap of level 80 for weapons and level 78 for armor giving a good diversity in both armor choices and weapon choices while having the feel of level 75 cap. Your stats where also balanced as if you where level 80 and awaken classes and mimic where disabled.

I bring this up because pretty much nobody touched this mode the entire time it was up. You maybe get 5-10 matches a year with a party vs party if you where lucky.

For reference here is the original release notes of the revamped version that had the features you desired in stat caps.

The issue with PvP on this server is no matter what we do the underlying fact is a large majority of people simply just wont attend unless they are going to win. So if one of your two guild parties is offline, the other party just wont go which kinda defeats the point of PvP entirely. People are so focused on winning or losing that they forgot the most important thing is to just have fun. I want to point out not everyone is like this but the majority are.

We made a completely custom PvP mode that was heavily suggested over the years which was a revamped version of what Territory Wars original was. This mode was released almost a year ago and has still yet to be played in the intended way.

Also as far as I'm aware a lot of the people who play other servers a good majority of them didn't play our Awaken anyway. They've been hopping server to server for the past few years, everytime a new one opens they all flock to it get bored and then bully the staff into closing the server, just for one of the community memebers to beg for the files and reopen again with the same issues as the last. All I will comment further on this is that we're still around, we've been around for 8 years and our content is still going strong and of a much higher quality than even official standards these days.

• Like 1