Free Knights Story Change

TheEmperor

I've been following the story of Scarlet Blade through the faction of the Royal Knights, and was a bit dismayed to see that the story is exactly the same in the Free Knight faction except for some minor faction switching.

I'd like for the story for the Free Knights faction overhauled/changed to be different than the Royal Knights. The quests themselves should stay the same, but the reason/story text for the quest should be different. By doing this we could also give reason/closure as to why Cherie for example, in the Free Knight story is with supposedly with Royal Knights but is in the colors of Free Knights.

I know this is highly unlikely to happen, but if it did, it would give me a reason to play the other faction too. I'd be willing to help make/overhaul the Free Knight faction story if possible/allowed.

4 hours ago, TheEmperor said:

He estado siguiendo la historia de Scarlet Blade a través de la facción de los Caballeros Reales y me consternó un poco ver que la historia es exactamente la misma en la facción de los Caballeros Libres, excepto por algunos cambios menores de facción.

Me gustaría que la historia de la facción de los Caballeros Libres revisada/cambiada sea diferente a la de los Caballeros Reales. Las misiones en sí deberían ser las mismas, pero el motivo/texto de la historia de la misión debería ser diferente. Al hacer esto, también podríamos dar una razón/cierre de por qué Cherie, por ejemplo, en la historia de Free Knight está supuestamente con Royal Knights pero tiene los colores de Free Knights.

Sé que es muy poco probable que esto suceda, pero si sucediera, me daría una razón para jugar también con la otra facción. Estaría dispuesto a ayudar a crear/revisar la historia de la facción Free Knight si es posible/permitido.

Unless a remastered Scarlet Blade online is created... a new, different, improved and updated Scarlet Blade online in many things.

That story about the Free Knights faction also bothered me a lot. They didn't create a different story in both Royal Guards and Free Knights...

Or that the story would unfold from a different perspective on the Free Knights side in which is played as a spy to sabotage the operations of the Royal Guards.

9 hours ago, xF4T4Lx said:

I don't even know what story they're talking about :v

The story that you read throughout the game as you level up from lvl 1 onwards. 

The game is much more enjoyable and interesting with the story and reading up about the lore and story you play through. It helps that the story is pretty unique in its own right imo.

Well if VGN ever decides to try to do this, I'd love to help with making the FK faction story more distinct. I already have quite a bit of ideas. Again, like I said the only thing that should change is the quest texts not the quest itself.

It is possible to alter the text and storyline, but it is a super lot of work and would not be of a lot of benefit to the over all good or health of the game, thus would be more work than it is worth. We would most likely never take on that venture of altering every quest storyline interaction for this reason.

4 hours ago, Jade said:

It is possible to alter the text and storyline, but it is a super lot of work and would not be of a lot of benefit to the over all good or health of the game, thus would be more work than it is worth. We would most likely never take on that venture of altering every quest storyline interaction for this reason.

In other words... it's cheaper and better to remasteri a new Scarlet Blade online!

On 11/4/2023 at 3:03 PM, Jade said:

I thought so, though if I knew how to do it I'd honestly try to do it by myself. I'd then share what I'd change with your team to look it over. Only thing I want to alter is the text. The quest lines/order should imo stay the same to avoid issues or adding too much workload.

I think for those who enjoy the story (like me) it gives at least another reason to play through the game again in a different faction

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Many things in SB are server side so I am not sure if you could even alter that for your client alone. Plus sorry to say we will be unable to help you with that, as we do not condone making changes to the client side. The risk of corruption is too high, and we would not be responsible for anything on that side, thus we would not help in the process. Sorry to again burst your bubble. Remember SB is not a super high PvE game. it was never really intended as such to be super PvE-based. Game premise was a small story to show the separation of 2 rising factions during and after the war with the Narak. A falling from mother caused each faction to fight one another. IE setup for a PvP game between the factions lol

All GS and GM Vivi and I for sure wish we had more ability to make larger scale changes to the game, if we had this the game would not have so many limits as it does now. We could then easily add in and change the premise thus making PvE and PvP changes that would greatly improve both sides to the game. Sadly it is super proprietary in design and it makes changes so much more difficult.

On 10/11/2023 at 0:19, Jade said:

All GS and GM Vivi and I for sure wish we had more ability to make larger scale changes to the game, if we had this the game would not have so many limits as it does now. We could then easily add in and change the premise thus making PvE and PvP changes that would greatly improve both sides to the game. Sadly it is super proprietary in design and it makes changes so much more difficult.

Let's remaster a new Scarlet Blade online!
Yeaaah!
We will call it "Blade of Mother" online. =D

Ja ja ja... XD