[EE] Game won't start

Tibi

Hello!

I decided to play the game after quite some time (years ago) in the official server, but the game isn't starting whatever I do. :(

Happens on both Classic and Awaken.

Before creating this topic I followed instructions of these 3 topics below:

If you game, install this first!

[FIX EE] Game does not run after hitting "PLAY"

[FIX EE] Game does not run after hitting "PLAY" - Part 2

The only 2 thing not done were "Install the game in Safe Mode" and "Format your PC".

Sometimes when I start the game too often in a short time, I get this error:

uo4AxJO.png

@EDIT2: After this message I'm getting this one too:

RrZr0uj.png

I've followed instruction about DNS, but still didn't work.

Honestly I don't know what to do anymore. Can someone help me, please?

Stay safe. :D 

@EDIT: I noticed an error.txt in EE folder with this:

[Desc][Open client.ini faild]

[Desc]INIT APP

Dunno if that helps.

@EDIT3: Sorry for all these edits, I'm trying to understand what is happening.

On the website says the game has 7.6GB; however, when the launcher is updating, it says 7.32GB. On my first time it had 6.99GB. Is that normal? I assumed my anti-virus was deleting some files, so I uninstalled my anti-virus and added installation files, launchers and patch to the Windows Defender/Firewall exception lists. Still not working tho.

LEiieQo.png

@EDIT4: I tried this thread, following procedures of previous threads, but with the same result. First time I pressed play, it had opened a black screen and closed right immediately.

EE alternative download V65 / Classic V8

I'm slowly getting to a conclusion by searching the forums I'm the only one with this problem. lmao

Is there a specific app/software that would "block" somehow the game? I remember playing official EE with this same setup...it's odd.

Edited by Tibi

Oh my god, somehow I can play the game now.

Based on EE alternative download V65 / Classic V8, I've updated the game using patcher.exe but still the game was closing after clicking "Play Classic". On the next day the first thing I did was initializing the game via run_game_classic.bat before patcher.exe and it worked! I don't dare to start the game via patcher.exe until there's a new update. lmao

Before that I put patcher.exe, both launchers and run_game_classic.bat on windows exceptions.

Sorry for the big post and edits and thank you for reading all of this, I was baffled how I couldn't start the game. Now I'm happily cutting things in Malice. :D

• VGN GM

When it was working did you rename any of your chat windows? If you did, did you happen to put a space in one of the names as this can cause launching issues.

If you did try deleting client.ini and client_classic.ini and then try re-open the game.

Alternatively try adding the game folder as an exception on your anti-virus as the anti-virus could be deleting install files which could be a possible answer to why its breaking so much.

Hello Jordan.

Thanks for the message!

I did add some chat windows but with no space. I've renamed them just to be sure.

About the antivirus, yes I did for the folder and files. 

I tried to open the game client_game_classic again repeatedly and it worked. If I try to open like this, it'll work probably (as some friends told me).