Suggestions regarding Privacy

Reichhardt

As it currently is, the friends list system has some glaring privacy issues. A malicious actor could make an alt, add someone while they are offline or AFK so they won't see the system message saying someone added them, wait for them to log on, and proceed to stalk, spy on or harass them. The victim wouldn't be able to do much since they're unaware of the alt's existence, much less their name, and therefore can't block it. And even if they block it, the malicious actor can simply do it again with another alt.
I've had it happen to me, and some of my friends had it happen to them. Together with them I'd like to suggest a few options...

• Have adding someone become a one-sided request with the option to auto-deny, 
    • and the possibility to view who has you added to their list (to block strangers who already had you added).
    • and the possibility to send a ticket to remove your a character's name from other people's friends list.
  • Have being friends be something that has to be a mutual request with option to auto-deny, much like duels or trade offers. This would likely mean some extra work to redo the whole system though...

Perhaps less of an issue, but something a number of people may like to see implemented anyway, is to have Show Equipment become a request as well. I regularly see people sitting around in Aven wearing nothing except maybe a Monster Stone, which I assume to be so people wouldn't copy their equipment setup. This would make people free to rock their equipment anywhere and anytime without worry of it being copied.

Thank you for your time~

• Like 2

• VGN GM

I mean I understand why this has been brought up as when I was a player I knew a few people who had my character as a friend on alt accounts. But honestly speaking a feature such as this is just too much of a hassle and doesn't really provide a whole lot of benefits. It's not something I wont consider in the future if I see an easier way to implement it but as of this current moment I have a lot of projects lined up, atleast 3 medium to big patches worth of content on my todo list.

Same goes with Show Equipment.

• Like 1