Client Stability Patch

Jordan

• VGN GM

logo.png

Hey everyone!

I know everyone is eagerly waiting for the next big content patch and I'm truly sorry for the delays but today we have a something I feel is important to release ASAP that we have be quietly working on in the background.

Today we bring you a Client Stability Patch!

We have made some drastic improvements to the game client to reduce game crashes almost removing them entirely!

Results

@MrDoudou has been one of the main testers of this patch as someone who would experience crashes every roughly 6 hours of consistent play along with some happening more often.

On our first test after all the fixes he got all the way to 60 hours before a crash.

On our most recent test he has been online since last week's maintenance and will only be kicked off now because of a maintenance.

We have also asked two community members who have reported that they crash at a similar rate as Doudou and both have reported significant and noticeable improvements with this client update!

Changes

Nothing has changed with the game content wise.

We have not added anything new and we have not removed anything that may have existed before the patch.

With these client improvements, we're able to look into adding Eidolon pets from Aura Kingdom again! Because of the size of the model's and their animations, they accelerated the game to crash faster due to how the game was managing its resources. For this reason, I stopped adding them in and decided against making them into Legendary pets to allow them to be less common.

With these fixes hope to bring you more Eidolons in the future!

Other Notes

We have been informed from some players that there is a possibility of an already stable client due to Radeon graphics card. Most of our testers have been testing with an Nvidia graphics card and have been the main source of these crashing reports.

There isn't really a way to validate this at this time, but if this is the case I'm hoping at the very least this wont reduce anyones experience. The most that may happen is that you are unaffected by any of these changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1