QoL Suggestions

Nanami

Helloooo, I am back with suggestions/reminders for some of them! I'll begin with the reminder of some old suggestions that you said you could look into and/or do, much appreciated!

Some new things to add to the suggestions~

1. All Trial repeatable quests be like Temple Arena quests, where we don't have to pick up the quest at an NPC anymore and instead walk in to the trial with the quest "active" on our screen and once completed we get mailed our Trial Coins. While farming trial coins sometimes quests get missed even more so if you're doing 2+ characters, not to mention it slows you down to have to keep turning in and picking up the quests while you're farming for coins/medals.

2. Haven of Oblivion should probably be solo-able at this point as it's become extremely hard to find a party that isn't premade or actually fill 5/5 members. With the release of accursed weapons people really have no need to run the dungeon anymore aside from going for achievements, so anyone wanting to do achievements struggles to find/fill a party outside of friend groups which not everyone has.

3. Angelic Temple/Demonic Fortress are pretty old now and has become a lot harder to fill parties for (people look for 30m-2h before giving up) because people that have finished don't go anymore. For this dungeon I suggest creating a daily to give 1 of each essence or choose from and tradeable that way people who finished can still go and gain something via selling them.

4. Viridian Gorge boss Queenie has 4 crystals that spawn and we must find the real one, I think extending the time before the crystals respawn will help a lot, maybe to 50-60s is all it will need. Secondly, I think this dungeon should be a 5 man like the other towers, having to spend 1-2h to look for 10 people and then spend another 1h to do both runs is just altogether tiring for people who have time zone problems, work and overall don't have a lot of time to spend on PvE.

5. Engineer Potions These were nerfed a few patches ago to not work in PvP maps, however they currently do not work in just about all end-game PvE as well. Some examples are CC, Abyss, AT/DF, VG. If these are not bugged and are meant to be this way, I suggest wiping the current CC rankings as every rank up there would've been done with engie potions and anyone going for ranks after this change will stand no chance.

6. Account shared bank this would be really cool to see sometime in the very near future, I believe this would be a nice feature to help bring more activity to the server.

7. Lv125 Awakened Demonic Crystal Bow should work exactly like Lv115 Axe of Oblivion as it is it is hard to stack the bow consistently at 5 stacks. To avoid any abuse in PvP, making it stack the same amount of times as axe and proc the same will fix that.

8. A suggestion for Celestial Corridor: Aquarius I have been trying to think of a efficient MDPS party for this boss but with the purification to us it's pretty much impossible that MDPS will ever be viable in here. She removes pets every couple of seconds (every buff in fact) so I'd like to suggest removing her debuff skill that she uses on us so we can actually try to run MDPS here. Also the bombs are extremely laggy, I freeze up when they spawn/despawn and I know a few others who experience this.

9. If possible a way to purchase an amount of materials from the item mall's loyalty shop, the cores already have an option for this for up to x99 cores, but the other materials do not. So essentially just add that same option to the other materials so we can buy from 1-99 if we wanted, instead of being forced to choose a stack or slowly spamming to get what we need. 

10. Holiday Events that get run have a daily quest to give us 1 token and 1-3 of each of the specific holiday goodies, like turkey or cakes, cookies, etc so that people with not much time can still progress and get items from events.

• Like 5

I do agree with the post, and I feel like I should add a few points as well.

1. 110 Trials were changed a few patches ago, but to be honest I dont think it solved the drop rate problem, since you have to farm 50 boss to 100% get the full combo, that just too much time wasted, I know u gotta be unlucky to need all 3 items, but you also need to have characters to fish for the boss you need. So my suggestion is: Make it 1 type of gemstone and you can pick and choose the items, instead of having the need to fish for boss, and would also save a few IDs. Also, since its a "get back in the game" type of content currently, I'd suggest removing the extra buffs (durability/+def/+dmg reduction of the bosses, so its easily farmable so we can get friends that want to come back to the game nice accessories.

2.  Smoke bomb, I'd rather it to be removed entirely from pvp and bring back the way it used to be for pve, Its really hard to manage changing class when u have 20-25 ppl inside a dungeon (120m expedition for example).

3. Speaking of 120 Expedition I'd like to suggest that it be 20x for the stones, and 30 whenever we get an event. Its hard enough to find parties for VG (10m), for expedition we gotta make it a guild event so people show up, making it give more stones I feel like its the way to go.

4. Exp/CP Events, thats pretty self explanatory. But I feel like having 61 classes in the game, needing them to be all 130 it takes a long time, the suggestion is pretty much tie it to the usual events, Anniversary/Christmas, it will encorauge more people to level up their classes.

5. I remember one of the last patches VGN Classic got, was Recommended Events revamp, instead of getting the buff for 2hours, it would give a potion, so we would use it whenever we needed to, my suggestion is bring that system to awaken, I think it was a really great update, but sadly awaken didnt get it at the same time it happened on classic, I would also suggest it to be 4 hours (same as Path of Destiny buffs), just to match it.

6. Also I'd like to suggest auto-sell to blue items.

That's it for the suggestion that come to mind, thank you all and I appreciate all the hard work!

• Like 1

• VGN GM

1. Isn't possible. This technically isn't a quest and is heavily tied into the functionality of the map and if put honestly, not optimal.

2. I will evaluate this in the future but it has already been made a lot easier in a recent patch and outside of certain boss mechanics is somewhat soloable as it is already.

3. I do have plans for this, however these are still the best in class weapons overall and will not be made too easy until they have replacements. Just like with HoO weapons, they had tweaks to make them easier but not made completely easy until something else came later.

4. This content was designed for roughly 7 average players who are only following the basic guides of stacking gear. This would not be changed much if changed to a 5 man and was mainly made a 10 man so that carrying people and including people who are not quite geared is more friend since this content is a lot more casual oriented.

5. I'm aware of this but I am not sure what I'm going to do about it yet.

6. Isn't really possible with the nature of the game right now. I may look into something like this in the future.

7. I will think about it but atleast for the moment I'm happy with how the bow functions especially since pierce classes are very rampant in game.

8. Will look into it but I believe the bombs don't spawn and are already pre-spawned. I will look into the pet thing though as I could see why this could be a problem.

9. This only works with items that come as a x1. I can look into this but its not a priority right now as I have a lot of stuff going on at the moment and don't want to leave the game to have no content for too long.

10. A lot of testing goes into the coins and stuff and the whole point of a holiday event is to encourage people to spend more time in the game. We do try give something to everyone where possible but we cannot just constantly be handing out low effort rewards as the point is people playing and spending time on our game during the holidays.

--

12 minutes ago, Krausio Varella said:

1. This system was not added for you to claim a full set. This system was added to get the missing pieces at the end or if there is a specific item you are looking for and not the full set. Back in the older days bosses like this some people would have to farm over 200 bosses for a single piece because the other pieces keep dropping. I remember killing over 200 Silins for the Drake Eye Ring before they added class drops.

2. I'm looking into this issue.

3. I will evaluate this and maybe make some adjustments.

4. EXP / CP events are not really necessary as unlike official where they just yolo increase the EXP / CP of monsters and leveling I calculate every single level and work out the right amounts. I'm not saying there wont be one ever again. But the default server rates and the fact that we've added several ways to gain EXP / CP outside of just grinding mobs in hard maps there isn't really a big need for these events right now.

5. This change was a bad change system wise for the game. Extending the duration is a much more balance way to go about it and I will likely look into this shortly since its best to match POD since people usually wear them in tandem.

6. This has been on the list for a few years but the list just keeps getting longer so I cannot promise this any time soon.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

A few more quality of life suggestions.
Cape Achievement:
It takes roughly 1,560 war stones to do the entire achievement. That is either currently a rough estimate of 150k gold in GGBs (in the past few months this amount was 225k give or take a bit) or MANY months of collecting war stones and saving them. This is even worse for new comers or people that are not super geared, let alone interested in Territory Wars/Guild vs Guild.

So ultimately I'd like to ask that this achievement also be title transferable like enchants are since they are just as time and money consuming as enchants.

Demonic Valley Potions:
I don't think something as important as normal MP potions shouldn't only be farmable in 0/10s. DSR had Lv110 potions drop on mobs on release, I feel the same should've been done for this battle map as well. It takes regular potions, special potions like DSR ones, and ultimate MP potion to even keep up enough mana for Blood Knight to keep toggle on during runs so we'll hardly even overstock potions at that rate + we're sharing drops with the leecher and/or runner.

Demonic Valley Boss Daily:
I still believe this would be a really nice addition to the map, it adds quality of life changes for those of us who didn't keep the mainline quest and will give us another additional quest to do with any event quests that come out during the holidays. The reward can be 1-10 Polished Emeralds, depending on your preference as it would give others another source of the special MP potions without farming mobs for hours.

Aven One-Eye-Roger:
I know that you mentioned in the past changes for Roger, I'd like to suggest a few here as I've recently farmed a lot of enchants for a friend and some for my own alt.

1. The miscellaneous maps from Lv30-65(?) maps be removed and the Lv55 Decay Swamp - Lv66 or Lv68 Death Valley be added into the existing or a new baby phoenix type of racial as they are the current best way to farm for armor box enchants for achievement. However, the phoenix doesn't include Decay Swamp, Highlands, Witchcraft Forest and Shiver Peak maps, thus leaving out All Lv1 and Lv2 partial enchants, as well as 1/3 of the Lv3 ones (Violence Lv3).

I opened 67 boxes in a row to receive only 2 partial enchant boxes, everything else was just random and useless maps.

2. Increase the amount of Roger rewards from 3 to 5 or 6 and make it so hitting him once gives us the maximum rewards. Since a lot of people are rude and like to nuke the boss without having even touched pirates, it can be frustrating at times.

3. Have Roger be on a set timer much like holiday event bosses/mutants so that whenever they respawn it will always be at the exact same time. Currently with the way Roger spawning works the channels get off set on times, it would be nice to have it respawn at the exact same time in every channel 1-5 every 1-2 hours.

Suggestion for CP curve adjustments:
I've ran 11 or so of my own characters classes and 5 or 6 others, anywhere from Lv80-130.
On average with a Lv120 runner and Lv130 leecher fully charmed, it takes about 30 hours to go from Lv120 to Lv130 all classes. This is split into 10 of normal classes and 20 hours of awakens.
For a new character, even if they begin at Lv92 it is on average roughly a 50 hour grind to get everything from 80 to 130 with full charms.

This is all included with the "maximum" CP potential, 115 CP pet, auric, iris, 120 runner + 130 leecher, full charms, couple, mic items like purified crystals, EXP scrolls and event items.

All of the estimated time here almost doubles with a Lv130 runner instead of Lv120. I myself haven't tested this yet, but I have asked a friend of mine who ran with a 130 before creating a 120 runner.

I understand not EVERYONE will want to cap every class in the game but a good amount do want to do this, but I do think that it takes way too much time and would be nice to at least lower the amount of CP necessary to level classes past 125 since there's over 61 classes in the game.

o/ Thanks for reading suggestions and taking them into consideration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1