Patch v112 Feedback

Nanami

Hello, it's been a couple of days or so now since this patch has hit us. I've come with a few suggestions after having given it some time with the changes that were made. 

I believe that the goal with this patch is to make MDPS more prominent in PvE but to be honest that will almost never be the first choice unless bosses are completely immune to melee/ranged DPS. I don't mind if that is the goal and I'm all for it since I know there are players who enjoy MDPS in both PvP and PvE, but I believe that there's a better way to go about it than nerfing every single melee/ranged dps class.

Berserker
I didn't understand the need for this change as this is already one of the lower DMG dealing physical classes we have in our PvE party setups, so I hope this gets reverted but if not okie I guess times change a lot. Just keep in mind not everyone likes change and sometimes it is bad.

Executioner
I have similar thoughts on berserker as to why this one was nerfed again, I am glad there is now some malice gains since this class has been our CC/Abyss/DS tank for years. I still believe that executioner with the self buff of +DMG dealt was the best executioner of all though. I will not ask for you to change this one as I don't believe you will and it's not as important as some other classes in this patch to me.

Dragon Emperor
Overall I think this class just needs to be entirely revamped again or maybe bring back the "best" version of it from 100 cap times and tweak it so it isn't as overpowered, but will still be a decent class to play and give more variety to PvP/PvE again.

Annihilator
I have thought that this class has been quite strong, too strong for quite sometime now and I'm in agreement with most of it's changes, but after playing it for the last couple of days in PvE and a few instances of PvP I feel that the 5% DMG on Fire Support would be a good thing to return to this class. It feels a little too weak now, it still caps decently fast which is the one thing I hated about how overpowered this class is, but in fights and in pve it is consistently missing a chunk of it's damage now (imo).

Rifleteer
With the changes made to this class it is almost vital to press sanction as soon as it's off cool down otherwise you lose all of your stacks, god help you if the boss has -acc and lowers your acc. My suggestion for this class is to increase the duration of sanction by 1-2s so it gives us a little bit more time to try to keep all our stacks since not only Celeste has -acc (to around 30-40% from 100%+) but also I believe the 1st boss of Angelic Temple does too or some of the mobs around there. I saw my ACC go from 107% to 73% and I missed every sanction 3 times during this.

Arch-Elementalist
I believe that removing the triple hit entirely out of lightning bombardment has killed this class entirely for PvP and not many use it in PvE other than a select few and noobs questing. My suggestion is to make the skill deal double hit DMG that way it gets a small nerf but is not overpowered as before. Much like assassin's skills back at 100 cap were triple hit and were reduced to double hit, I think that would be a good fix for AE too.

Other things I have to say are, I like the new DT but I know liking something is subject to person, I still find it neat ~
Thanks for the patch and spending time continuing to keep this server updated!

• Like 2

• VGN GM

Beserker and Executioner have been a problem for years now along with there friend Blade Master. These 3 classes have pretty much not left the meta since their last nerfs and are still likely going to remain meta because the nerfs for these 2 where quite light to be quite honest. They both lost 10% damage overall which I think is a pretty fair nerf all things considered.

There is no chance of balancing the older iterations of Dragon Emperor.

The first version was make or break over a +DMG Dealt buff which was only up half the time so your class was strong for a little bit (provided buff isn't removed) or it was very weak for the cooldown.

The second version was only viable in PvP due to its % attack dots being strong and largely un-interactive in gameplay.

Neither of these where balanced.

I don't see anything really wrong with the current iteration of DE other than people don't play or and possibly haven't even tried it yet. However, there is always room for improvement so as usuall I will be looking into.

Annihilator the only change made to Fire Support was a buff that allowed it to also support MDPS classes so it could fit into a party with them using its Rainbow Ammo.

Again I just want to point out that overall outside of the 20% Satellite Beam DMG lost on the KP the class only lost 10% of its DMG Dealt (If you abuse the unfixable bug of the Element Ammo KP, if you don't then its 5%). The P-ATK again unless you don't abuse the bug the amount of P-ATK is the same.

s class doesn't go from overpowered to unplayable over a small 10% / 5% DMG nerf, if it was that easy I could have just saved myself the trouble with DT and DS and all the other classes I buffed by giving them a 10% ~ 20% DMG buff.

Rifleteer I understand this one since it was something on my mind when adjusting it. I already have this change on the list as something to look into.

Arch Elementalist will be completely fine losing Triple Hit on Thunderstorm. I'm willing to follow your advice if I see different results but as of the moment I don't see it being completely killed over this kinda change.

---

Overall I just want to say something that has needed to be said for a while.

The mindset of the players in this game needs to change. Just because a class isn't the absolute best possible option doesn't mean its unplayable. This mindset of the class losing a couple % DMG and now its too weak is just silly.

I can assure you the S tier class of Annihilator that was both top tier in PvE and PvP is still perfectly viable even if it has dropped down to a possible A tier class (Although I predict it will still be S tier). Yes it maybe missing a "chunk" of its damage but it has plenty of damage to still be able to match the damage of other classes that would be in the same place.

The main thing you should be thinking is the class still playable and is someone now able to swap in another class and the party still functions in a similar way this would make a class balanced.

For me this patch will be a success if the following conditions are met:

1. You get to see other classes like Assassin and Asura in places where you would traditionally only have Beserker, Executioner and Blade Master.

2. Theres less instances of more than one Annihilator / Rifleteer in a single party setup.

3. Magic damage parties outside of DB / HB are possible. Which from some information I have recieved with the introduction of the changes this has been a so far so good.

Either way with all the above being said there has been not enough time for any meta changes and meta shifts to occur outside of placebo effects of well that looks like a nerf to me so the class is unplayable. Although I value community opinions its far too soon to be judging the outcome of the balance changes as either:

A. Some players are stubborn and will stick to what they have geared and not even try the newly buffed classes.

B. Some players are over dramatic and think that any nerf instantly kills a class when simply it doesn't.

So for the benefit of everyone I'm going to lock this thread for the moment. There has simply not been enough time to judge the damage changes of anything yet and people still havent had enough time to experiment with other classes and truely say this class is now pointless to play. That being said the Rifle change is fair suggestion as it's more QOL than anything else as the class can function with or without the change so again thank you for that.

• Thanks 1

• Jordan locked this topic