Settings keep resetting itself

RozenniaChan

On 6/12/2023 at 2:55 AM, Jordan said:

Check the read/write status of your directories. It's likely not got permission to save the file.

After changing the folder permissions and deselecting Read-only, the folder changed itself back to Read-only and my in-game UI is resetting it self again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

@Jordan, just to let you know, if we play as "Windows mode", the UI will often reset, whatever are the permission of the .ini files. It doesn't reset all the time, but more likely when multi-client are opened. The new opened game will erase .ini files and make it reset I guess. I've tried to set it up, close the game, restart it, and then opening multi-client, I still got the issue after that.

As Full screen mode, I don't have that problem.
So, the question is, @RozenniaChan, do you play as Windows mode or Full Screen mode ?
I can't explain why it does reset UI, but that's where it's coming from for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akyme said:

Hello,

@Jordan, just to let you know, if we play as "Windows mode", the UI will often reset, whatever are the permission of the .ini files. It doesn't reset all the time, but more likely when multi-client are opened. The new opened game will erase .ini files and make it reset I guess. I've tried to set it up, close the game, restart it, and then opening multi-client, I still got the issue after that.

So, the question is, @RozenniaChan, do you play as Windows mode or Full Screen mode ?

Damn.     That is exactly what's happening. XD

• VGN GM
On 7/15/2023 at 3:43 PM, Akyme said:

Hello,

I play in windowed mode and have never had any issues with this.

The only thing I could think of is if your changing the UI while two clients are open they will be accessing the same settings files so they could be overwriting each others changes.

So if this is the case you could probebly open 1 do UI changes, close it then open multiple and should be fine?

14 hours ago, Allwynd said:

Your game client should also be set to run as administrator.

I'm also guessing your Windows account is not an administrator either, otherwise the first step would become redundant.

My windows account should be an administrator since there is only one account on my PC.

12 hours ago, Jordan said:

I play in windowed mode and have never had any issues with this.

The only thing I could think of is if your changing the UI while two clients are open they will be accessing the same settings files so they could be overwriting each others changes.

So if this is the case you could probebly open 1 do UI changes, close it then open multiple and should be fine?

This does appear to be what is happening. It's possible that there is some weird difference between certain versions of Windows. That could explain why you haven't been able to confirm any of these weird issues for yourself.

I definitely don't chance the size of any of my game windows or my UI since I always make my UI layout OCD and perfectly aligned. The only thing that would be changing are the location of certain windows like the bag screen or other UIs like that.