Question about True-Resistances

Fenril

Hi, guys! How are you doing?

I came back to Eden after 5~6 years away and I noticed that some new bosses have something called "True Physical Resistances". How does it works? Lila (AT) has 60 phys-resists and 10 phys-true-resists... does this means that we can only debuff her up to 10 physical-resists? She won't go below 10? Is that it or I misunderstood it? Can someone please clarify this to me? Thanks! ❤️

• VGN GM

True resistance has several characteristics.

• It adds to your base resistance giving the ability to have 100% resistance to a specific damage type.
  • It also serves as a minimum for said resistance.

To give some examples:

• If you have 80 base fire resistance and 40 pts of fire true resistance then your total fire resistance is 110 (as the 80 base gets capped at 70).
  • To deal damage to the above you would have to reduce the fire resistance by 21 to get the fire resistance down to 99 pts (since reducing by 10 will still cap you at 70 which when you add the 40 true resistance is still 110).
  • Then the maximum resistance you could take away from this is 80 which would leave the total fire resistance at 40 pts, any more than that would be redundant.

So to answer the question about Lila

• Her total base resistance is 60 pts (60 base capped at 50 + 10 true).
  • You have to reduce her physical resistance by atleast 11 points to deal more damage, making her resistance 59 pts (making her resistance 49 base + 10 true).
  • You can only reduce her resistance by 60 pts which would leave her with 10 pts, anything more than that her resistance would still be 10 pts.

I hope I explained it in as much detail as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the explanation. ❤️

Seems like I was following the right "train-of-thought". Well... so far, I haven't noticed "Elemental-true-resistances" on any boss. Maybe I didn't pay much attention? This means that we can actually reduce the boss, let's say, fire resistance to -75? Hm... I wonder why almost everyone have shunned down m-dps classes... Maybe it's because some bosses drop a lot of cast speed, but still... there are ways to over-cap cast-speed...

Following this "absence of elemental-true-resists" (presuming that I did pay attention and am not mistaken), shouldn't m-dps classes be stronger than p-dps??? Or is there something I'm failing to see? If the Bosses do actually have elemental-true-resists, then please disconsider this question. Thanks again! ❤️

• VGN GM

The cap for negative Resistance is the same as positive Resistance, so for Elemental its -70.

Most bosses have both Physical and Elemental True Resistance it's only the latest content where its limited to just Physical.

I don't think the gap is as big as it once was between the Physical and Elemental classes but its just really down to mindset to be honest. To be honest tho, when your wailing on a none moving object like a boss Physical damage has always been the way to go, its just back at earlier level caps like 75 cap most people just played what ever they want with no consequences. Now if you play a class the community is in agreement is not good you get kicked from parties as everything has to be as fast as possible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 6:31 AM, Fenril said:

Thanks for the explanation. ❤️

Seems like I was following the right "train-of-thought". Well... so far, I haven't noticed "Elemental-true-resistances" on any boss. Maybe I didn't pay much attention? This means that we can actually reduce the boss, let's say, fire resistance to -75? Hm... I wonder why almost everyone have shunned down m-dps classes... Maybe it's because some bosses drop a lot of cast speed, but still... there are ways to over-cap cast-speed...

Following this "absence of elemental-true-resists" (presuming that I did pay attention and am not mistaken), shouldn't m-dps classes be stronger than p-dps??? Or is there something I'm failing to see? If the Bosses do actually have elemental-true-resists, then please disconsider this question. Thanks again! ❤️

The main reason why p-dps is stronger than m-dps is the 2 following one : 

• Blade Master dealing crazy damage that no other class has
  • Auto hit that also deals a lot of damage, that caster classes can't have
  • Annihilator shooter mode 2 and 3 that is "bugged", dealing 2 attack in one on average of 1/3 hits
  • Sagittarius set that is much better than Gemini (10% triple hit vs 3% dealing dmg x2 and 8% double hit + 4% triple hit on trophy)
  • Most of physical weapons got huge triple hit rate compared (10% vs 3~5%) to magical's weapon

I would love to see m-dps meta since I love m-dps, but the PvE class balance and items are too different. 
On a "normal meta setup" for PvE, you would have

• Blade Master
  • Executionner
  • Berzerk
  • Healer (Adju, TM or HS depending dgn)
  • Trainer

If you want to transform p-dps party on a m-dps party, it would do :

• Blade Master can't be replaced by a m-dps class because of its amount of dmg
  • Executionner can't be replaced either because dealing too huge dmg
  • Berzerk becomes Demon Tamer (in case of a Berzerk using Sagi)
  • Healer stays the same
  • Trainer becomes Demon Summoner

And the main problem has always been PvP. Because in PvP, it's the total opposite, m-dps classes are much better than p-dps. So, if Jordan buffs a few m-dmg classes, it would go crazy for PvP.
As far as I know, he founds the solution with the "PvE & PvP stats" which is still recent, so I guess we will see more coming in the next updates.

On 8/6/2023 at 1:41 PM, Jordan said:

True resistance has several characteristics.

• It adds to your base resistance giving the ability to have 100% resistance to a specific damage type.
  • It also serves as a minimum for said resistance.

To give some examples:

• If you have 80 base fire resistance and 40 pts of fire true resistance then your total fire resistance is 110 (as the 80 base gets capped at 70).

I'm not sure I fully understand this, True resistances has always been a sensitive topic for me. 

Taking the 80 base fire resistance and the 40 fire true res, which make a dmg reduction to 100%
In the case we lower the fire resistance, elemental resistances can be lowered to -70% maximum.
So, if I reduce the fire resistance by 190%, I'll reach the -70% res. Or will it be -30% ?

As far as I saw, true resistance is more acting as a dmg reduction for a type of dmg. For me, it would act like if the boss had -40% dmg taken on fire dmg, and 80% base fire resistance, which make us need to lower its fire resistance by 150% to reach -70% fire resistance. Reducing by more than 150% would be just to be sure to reach the -70% res since the boss debuff himself and many reductions are on time (like trophies for example) that are here 24/7.

Actually, maybe this is what you said, as I said I'm not understanding it very well, because I never saw a boss getting 0 dmg with a true res + basic res, and the entire damage reduction doesn't work together, as example : 

• Insight buff (Adjudicator) reduce dmg taken by 15% (with KP)
  • Hard skin Pray reduce dmg taken by -7%
  • Dragon Scale Protection II (certificate) reduce dmg taken by -8%

Having all of them doesn't reduce the damage taken by 15 + 7 + 8 = 30%, but it'll reduce damage taken (based on no crit dmg) by 15%, then 7%, then 8%. 
For exemple, I get 100K dmg
I reduce it by 15% (Insight), which does 85k
Then I reduce by 7% (Hard Skin Pray), which does 79k
And then I reduce by 8% (Dragon Scale certificate), which does 73k

So the final reduction is 27% and not 30%. Well, the order of those dmg reduction is for sure wrong, I never tested which one has the highest priority, and maybe some of them can be cumulated even if I don't think so. And I'm not even talking about crit dmg reduction, skill dmg reduction, and so and so ... They are so many type of reduction that nowdays, it is very complicated to understand how it works, and how to get a real huge dmg reduction.

when u got all element resist 70 and Physical resist 50  the glyph proc +10 element or glyph proc +7 Physical resist not proc. but for gem 2h libra and 2h aqua still proc for +10 all element and + 10 all physical resist.

i'm got 1 question too. i'm play as zerk when use axe 115 and tropy -def 10% proc on boss -slash  resist 30% and - def 10% when gem 2h aqau proc  reset effect axe 115 and tropy -def

Edited by ban-srul
im type wrong

• VGN GM
On 8/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, ban-srul said:

when u got all element resist 70 and Physical resist 50  the glyph proc +10 element or glyph proc +7 Physical resist not proc. but for gem 2h libra and 2h aqua still proc for +10 all element and + 10 all physical resist.

i'm got 1 question too. i'm play as zerk when use axe 115 and tropy -def 10% proc on boss -slash  resist 30% and - def 10% when gem 2h aqau proc  reset effect axe 115 and tropy -def

I'm not sure what you are asking.

• VGN GM
19 hours ago, ban-srul said:

thank you for reply. i'm mean i'm use axe hoo 115 and put 2gem libra and 2gem aqau on axe . axe 115 effect - slash resist on boss or mutate but when the 2h gem aqua proc reset effect of axe 115 to first attack . 

I'm still not 100% sure on what your asking but.

From testing the only odd thing I found about the Axe of Oblivion was that if the target has 15 stacks you stop receiving the buff on the person. I found no interaction between either of the two 2H Gems.