Patch 120 Feedback

Yamite

Hi,

First, I'd like to start by saying thank you for adding new content to the game.

In my personal opinion, the new skills seem nice.  But, not the fact that existing battle pet skills we have worked on regardless if we bought or fused the pets ourselves are now gone. Almost all of my battle pets seem useless now if not having 1 or 2 useful battle skills. Imagine the number of attempts I had to go through to make a pet for -dark resist (all 4 skills for -dark resist) and now it has only 1 skill I can use. Now I have to work from scratch to get the skills the way I want them to be. I understand the part of making things easier same with what has been done to armor crafting and their requirements lessened and I appreciate this 🥰. But the pet battle skills are different since it's something that we already had but now have to work on again (considering the rng on rolling pet rewards coins and then another rng on landing on the skill that we need. I don't think this can be reverted but maybe there was a community post about this so players could voice out their opinion about the changes before it got implemented(I'm not saying all changes but those that have a similar impact to the current pet skills change). Thanks for listening and back to rolling pet rewards coins 😋

• Like 2

I agree with Yamite, the new pet battle skills are nice and a good refresher but some players lost lots of materials and time from making these battle pets that are now useless because of the skill changes. I recently just fused some battle and pray pets as well that are now basically useless because of the huge nerfs (40mspd to 20mspd) and Sunder armor/crystal snowball/blade fury ( 3000 Zodiac Sparkles + Pet coin bought to roll book skills). I think you should've asked the players before you launched the update for the Pet changes, or kept the old skills the way they are and implemented new different skills for battle pets. If you decide to keep the update and not revert the changes we should receive some compensation, such as the option to choose base pets and or specific pet skills.

This might seem a lot to ask for at first, but after you take into consideration the time and materials spent to acquire the pets it really isn't. Thank you for reading.^_^

• Like 2

• VGN GM

The old skills where unable to balanced around as not only where they from 1 extreme to another (most where really bad then there was just a handful of what you can consider gold).

There was not really room for debate on this topic because to put it quite simply the old pet system had a lot of issues around balance which is why pets where disabled across most relevant content (If I remember correctly just Abyss and if you still consider HoO relevant).

And could you imagine me asking players if they want me to balance / change pet battle skills. What do you think the response would be to what can only be boiled down to a nerf on their battle pets that doesn't affect the PvP environments. It would be a majority no for sure full of heated debates so we're solve none of the issues with pets they'd be disabled for eternity and I'd end up just having to stop putting new ones in the game.

Why would I stop putting them in the game? Well because another issue with the old pet system is that people see new pets being added to the game all the time. But because of the high level of investment into fusion odd pets and spending 100's of tokens and praying to get the Blade Fury book (or buying it for a ridiculous price) people where just not interested in buying them for any reason outside of prays they might need rather than just to have a cool pet that they like.

Now atleast people can see a pet they like, buy it and use it without having to worry about the huge investment since the book RNG has been significantly reduced and not to mention just the significantly increased amount of different pets you can have now. One of the main points of this update as was mentioned on the patch notes was to pretty much remove any reason to use pet fusion for battle pets outside of getting the pet to 4 star for the ultimate skill (Which is no longer 50:50 to unlock but 100% chance to get one every time).

At the end though we knew it would be negatively recieved for some but we had to make changes for the health of the game so that pets where usable and people can have more freedom to use w.e pet they want and not have to worry about the significant costs that come with that.

I'll end my response with the specific relevant snippet from the patch notes. Just to note this was something done for the good of the game and the playerbase and sometimes the decision in the short term sucks but in the long term this will be a positive for everyone.

Changes to Exisiting Pets

So you're probably wondering how this effects your current fused pets.

Well we have tried to keep the id system in line with what people already have. So the skill that replaces another skill should be atleast similar to the skill it replaces. This isn't always the case but please know we tried the best we could to create as little disruption as possible.

Due to some bad decisions there is some ultimate skills that have made it into slots they should be in (such as slot 1 and 2 on prime pets and additionally slot 3 on legendary pets). These skills will be removed with something else. Due to the amount of pets in game we cannot guarantee and can almost guarantee its going to be something people don't want in the slot. This is an unfortunate consequence so we can only apologize for this inconvenience.

As for any left over Nelle's Pet Battle Handbook's they have been replaced with a refund item that will return 1 Pet Reward Coins. Any Vicinity Book's will refund 2 Pet Reward Coins.

• Like 2

hi GM jordam please put  which skill proc fast and  proc slow behind skill detail on guide pet . and i'm wanna suggestion for sniper heart proc without target and increase rang from 15mete to 30 mete. sniper heart only closed rang . some time pet miss the target not stack x5 .so if i'm want to keep stuck x5 im need click on it. and sniper heart is best for support player all game mode at df cc abyss . and some skill good for dv runs.  thank alots to all EE vendetta keep make best option to all player new and old . thank you 

the problems is pet casting skill slow

• Confused 1

Hello,

On 2/16/2024 at 1:22 PM, Jordan said:

One of the main points of this update as was mentioned on the patch notes was to pretty much remove any reason to use pet fusion for battle pets outside of getting the pet to 4 star for the ultimate skill (Which is no longer 50:50 to unlock but 100% chance to get one every time).

Just saying, this is not 100% chance of getting an ultimate skill, this is 100% chance of getting a random Skill. I fused many pets to try getting some Ultimate skill, I checked based on Yui's post if the skill I got matched with an ultimate, and no :)

As example, I got a pet named "RunBitchRun" (Robust Scarlet Vandra), the 4th skill he got is "Natural Chaos", which isn't listed in any new skill type.

Yui's New Pet System Guide :

Also, as you didn't consider the lack of Pet Coin in the server, I would suggest to get new method to get them, we don't really care about the RNG spending 999999 pet coins to get the skill book we want, we first need to spend 20 minutes to find someone selling a Pet coin.

I actually like the rework on skill pet, but the way you made it is full P2W. Look :

• To get a Legendary pet, you need to cash shop (or to buy from a player that got it thanks to the item mall)
  • To get 1 Pet Coin, you need to roll EC (which is the first RNG of getting Pet Skill Book)
  • To get a Pet Skill, you need to spend 2~4 Pet Coins (which is 2-4 ECs for a ratio of 100% win rate, not possible so), with the RNG of the skill book.
  • From 1 Battle pet (Physical or Magical) you had, you know need 1 Battle Pet for each type of resistance, so 3 physical, 6 magical if you're planning to reduce all resistance.

As Pet Pray were already the most P2W issue of your server, you also made Battle Pet full P2W.
Just as information :
A perfect Pet Pray is around 50$ if you buy it from a player (250k-300k golds for a really low price), can be 20$ if you fuse it thanks to the item mall with a lot of luck, or can be 200$ without luck, and I know what I am talking about since I spent a lot :)

Well, with the RNG of skill book, we end up having a full bag of "trash" pet skill, it would be interesting to be able to transform like 2 of them to get back one pet coin.

But even with that, we will still lack Pet Coins in the server, there are for sure many Pet Coins that are sleeping on some dead / inactive account, else I'm pretty sure the amount of players owning them is very low. 

And I'm not even crying of you killing my current battle pet, I understood this had to be done this way to enable pet in more PvE contents, but 0 compensation about it.

So, to make it short :

Thank you Jordan for making a P2W update, any plan to make server as P2W as X-Legends is in the future ? It would be interesting for us to know if yes because if we're not playing X-Legends server it is because of the P2W issue, not because of the server management :)

Thanks for reading,
Aky

• Like 1

• VGN GM
9 hours ago, Akyme said:

Hello,

Just saying, this is not 100% chance of getting an ultimate skill, this is 100% chance of getting a random Skill. I fused many pets to try getting some Ultimate skill, I checked based on Yui's post if the skill I got matched with an ultimate, and no :)

As example, I got a pet named "RunBitchRun" (Robust Scarlet Vandra), the 4th skill he got is "Natural Chaos", which isn't listed in any new skill type.

The ultimate names have typo on the post. If you look at the normal ultimate skills (for primes) and the enhanced ultimate skills you will notice the nature damage skill has the same name. However, if you look at your pets skill it matches the description of Natural Disaster in the enhanced ultimate section.

10 hours ago, Akyme said:

Also, as you didn't consider the lack of Pet Coin in the server, I would suggest to get new method to get them, we don't really care about the RNG spending 999999 pet coins to get the skill book we want, we first need to spend 20 minutes to find someone selling a Pet coin.

There is almost 8,000 pet reward coins in the server currently (within peoples backpacks or banks). Then if we factor in only people who have logged in since February 1st 2024 theres around 3,000 so I hardly call that as  a "lack of".

They're also the joint 3rd most common item on the crystal altar with them being of a similar rate on the gem altar (obviously being higher skews this a bit but its not like they're trying to be rare).

People might not be selling them because people might want to use them themselves considering they're a hot item right now due to the rework.

Also since it comes as a further point later on. Pet Reward coins are available in all places the old Nelle Books would drop. So there is free playable ways to obtain them right now.

Since the rest of it is just negative sarcasm and aggression (passive and not) I'm not really guna waste time on the specifics to be honest. If you want to open a dialog atleast be pleasant about it.

However...

If you think the current system is P2W then idk how you coped with the old system without having a breakdown. I guess the only arguement that can be made for the old system being "better" is the fact that because there was only 1 or 2 really stacked skills there was less books needed (even though those less books where in bigger pools of items, we're talking about like almost 100 items in an RNG pool down to 20-30).

If I wanted to make it Pay2win why would I split the book pools not only based on skill type but also skill slot? And why would I make ultimate skills a simple reroll item instead of making it a reroll item in a book like it was originally before the custom books (Vicinity).

But anyway unless you bring anything productive to the discussion I have nothing further to add.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jordan said:

There is almost 8,000 pet reward coins in the server currently (within peoples backpacks or banks). Then if we factor in only people who have logged in since February 1st 2024 theres around 3,000 so I hardly call that as  a "lack of".

I'll say it once again, if you need 20 minutes to find one Pet Coin, then there is a lack. 
Now the good question is where is this lack coming from ? Server activities ? Item ? If you're telling me that there is enough Pet Coins (3k not being a lack), I'm curious to know 3k split on how many characters, and to know the current daily "active" connexion to your server which is lately very lower than usual. 

13 hours ago, Jordan said:

Also since it comes as a further point later on. Pet Reward coins are available in all places the old Nelle Books would drop. So there is free playable ways to obtain them right now.

Since I know this but didn't even consider it as a way to obtain Pet Coin, could you list me all the "free" way to obtain pet coin per day ? If you're telling me you can obtain only 1 per day, or even 2, while you need at least 2 of them to buy a skill book, good luck to you.

14 hours ago, Jordan said:

If you think the current system is P2W then idk how you coped with the old system without having a breakdown. I guess the only arguement that can be made for the old system being "better" is the fact that because there was only 1 or 2 really stacked skills there was less books needed (even though those less books where in bigger pools of items, we're talking about like almost 100 items in an RNG pool down to 20-30).

I never said I didn't consider it as P2W before. I actually did, but as you mentionned, there were less skill book required. 
I would add the way to obtain gathering tools Lv. 110 is also P2W, since you can obtain them only from Coins that you drop in Crystal Altar. But as this wasn't a big useful debate, since it has a minor impact on the server, there was no point talking about it before.

14 hours ago, Jordan said:

Since the rest of it is just negative sarcasm and aggression (passive and not) I'm not really guna waste time on the specifics to be honest. If you want to open a dialog atleast be pleasant about it.

However...

Just to make sure, only my next quote was sarcasm. But you could still consider the "0 compensation" part about it.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:49 PM, Akyme said:

And I'm not even crying of you killing my current battle pet, I understood this had to be done this way to enable pet in more PvE contents, but 0 compensation about it.

So, to make it short :

Thank you Jordan for making a P2W update, any plan to make server as P2W as X-Legends is in the future ? It would be interesting for us to know if yes because if we're not playing X-Legends server it is because of the P2W issue, not because of the server management :)

Anyway, all of this was just as reply to you. The "productive to the discussion" comes now.

What I really don't understand from you right now is, you know this update would make player upset because you killed their pets. Why didn't you even consider doing a temp event "Double Pet Coin rate in altar for x days as compensation", or something like that ? I'm not saying this is the only way to do, I'm just showing the idea. 

On 2/24/2024 at 12:49 PM, Akyme said:

Just as information :
A perfect Pet Pray is around 50$ if you buy it from a player (250k-300k golds for a really low price), can be 20$ if you fuse it thanks to the item mall with a lot of luck, or can be 200$ without luck, and I know what I am talking about since I spent a lot :)

As you said nothing about this, which wasn't sarcasm, I want to make sure you are aware of it and let players know it. Every player that made pet fused knows that, those are the price since you changed "Web Item mall" to "In Game Item Mall".

I might be rude on what I am saying, but I'm just being honest and showing facts, showing my in game experience and not only mine, that you'll consider or not (not gonna lie, most of time it's not unless there is a screenshot showing it's wrong, which is making the "sarcasm" part of my topics).

Thanks for reading,
Aky

• Like 2

• VGN GM

Just guna answer the few nuggets since most of this is just repeated from the original post.

I'm not guna tit for tat on what is considered enough as people not selling when you are buying is not a metric use to state whether or not there is enough of them as multiple factors could be at play. Such as but not limited to... People selling when your offline, people seeing the demand and letting the price climb, people wanting for personal use, people storing for future personal use, people prioritizing guild mates / friends over yourself.

There is also nothing stopping someone who is in dire need of them just using the gold to purchase eden crystals or get eden crystals from the various different places we have put them and fragments in the game. I know for certain there aint a shortage of those and because of the dungeons available and the ways to farm gold you don't have to donate a single penny.

If your asking for more ways to obtain pet skills then just bloody make a suggestion rather than dancing around it acting like I'm trying to do harm to the server.

And your right maybe I could have done better and had a double Pet Coin week or something. I'm not the all thinking brain who thinks of every option and scenario, so instead of rants / complaints maybe try suggest it first?

Anyway unless you have some solid suggestions this is my last response to you as its just going around in circles. This was a very hard and tricky update to complete and tried my best to make the process for players to get battle spells much less RNG based and much more balanced for the sake of the entire game as a whole.

I'm sorry if this doesn't satisfy you.