Battlefield PvP Reward Changes

Losque

I’d like to present a suggestion concerning the rewards players get from Battlefield PvP.
(Territory War, Guild Elimination, Guild Arena, Battlegrounds)

It is well known that there is little incentive for players who are not optimally geared to participate in Battlefield PvP. If players receive some sort of benefit to being active in PvP, I think it’s likely we’ll see an increase in participation at least on some level. I’m aware that Eden Eternal is not some hardcore PvP game and players should not have to go to Battlefield PvP to get exclusive items they can only get from there.

Right now, the main reward that a player gets from participating in Battlefield PvP is war stones. Unfortunately, for the Awaken VGN server at 130 cap, this reward is quite insignificant. In the “classic” era of the game, war stones were a reasonable and useful item to obtain over time for players to gear themselves, but I think the reward system should be modernized and fit into the actual meta of the “awakened” server we play on.

The Battlefield Reward Chest’s reward outcomes should be changed. Unless there is a new method implemented for players to obtain war stones over time, then the chests should probably continue to give war stones in addition to the below.

I think we can accomplish this in one of the two ways.

1. Allow these items to randomly come directly from the chest.

2. Incorporate a new currency (or rework PvP Tokens) into the game that you would get from the chests and have these items bought from an NPC.

The new items we should be getting from participating in Battlefield PvP are:

·         Zodiac Sparkles
L5a9BYi.png

·         Abyssal Soul
H57ldDN.png

·         Fragmented Abyssal Soul
RW7mN5Z.png

·         Azure Crystal
6CeafrY.png

·         Viridian Crystal Fragment
MVrNBTE.png

·         Empty Parchment
haROmul.png

·         Angelic Parchment
3FAUBdf.png

·         Demonic Parchment
QArzP18.png

·         Blessed EXP Jar
LVdwZcc.png

·         Cursed EXP Jar
Lr5fvp1.png

·         Abyssal EXP Jar
kairM9R.png

·         Viroona Godstone
A3Ph2iS.png

·         Event buffs such as:

o   Mulled Wine
bAqjYSB.png

o   Abyss Flower Charm
3kkPyLK.png

o   Abyss Grown Mushroom
TOQhfsx.png

o   Corrupted Crystal
1r9nLwn.png

There are probably other items that would be nice to add, but I decided to be a bit conservative on this suggestion to start.
I would be interested in hearing community opinion on the above and if anyone has any ideas of what reward would make a good incentive for players that I have not yet considered. I'm sure someone out there has a great suggestion to add.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 6

This is a really good idea to implement into the game, it would help players acquire gear quicker and they might give pvp a chance and maybe find it fun. I would also suggest to implement these rewards for regular arena such as 10v10/3v3/1v1/Monster Battle Arena.

Another item I would suggest to the loot pool  image.png?ex=662e5a5d&is=662d08dd&hm=d4d6f11705b06811ef615eb77eb7bc9e07a580866be605a76e58296e7dfb64d2&
Cheer

• Like 1

Personally, it's also something that would be interesting to explore, somehow prevent abuse of that rewards system through alts.

I just wanted to point out that not long ago, Discord changed its policies and imagen links will probably disappear after 24 hours.

For example:

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree to Losque's point. Warstone is an insignificant commodity right now relative to the latest content. I believe that weekly or any multi player-based activities should be tied to the latest content and not stick to the story rewards or OG rewards for something like Achievements. This server is way ahead and above the main server and yet the rewards for PvP are still the same. In my opinion, people came here to experience something different than the old, not just for PvE but also PvP. I think it's time to revamp the rewards to attract more players and this is maybe a good opportunity to tie PvE and PVP. One item that comes to my mind that is quite fits this is Class Tokens. You can get them as PvP reward and they are also materials for PvP gear and even awakening gears.

Now, there will be of course people that can abuse to so in order to avoid this or at least minimize it is to keep the reward items as non-tradeable similar to Warstones and CTs.

TY for reading~

• VGN GM

The issue with battlefield pvp isn't really the rewards at the moment its the ego people have.

Gone are the days where people just went for fun and enjoyed themselves now its all about winning. Adding these as rewards isn't going to change this. It's just going to encourage people to find away to abuse it by getting a kill and then afking or hitting a crystal then afking, thats if it even encourages people enough to enter at all.

Rewards are something that could be improved but this just isn't the answer and would just end up with people neglecting the PvE side of the game which is already on a knifes edge due to people not wanting to invite people to parties unless they're already perfectly geared.

• Like 2

While I agree that the mentality of players factors in largely to the state of the community when it comes to PvP, I don’t think it’s productive or necessarily accurate to speak in absolutes in this context.
I think that whether or not the players who aren't going will be incentivized to participate in PvP through useful/relevant rewards is ultimately going to be up to them.

Just to make sure it’s understood and my suggestion here isn’t being misrepresented, I’m not presenting this as some one-size-fits-all solution that’s going to instantly bring us back to 50+v50+ TWs every day.
As evidenced in the language used when I say:

On 4/27/2024 at 4:04 PM, Losque said:

If players receive some sort of benefit to being active in PvP, I think it’s likely we’ll see an increase in participation at least on some level.

There most likely isn’t going to be a singular thing that we can change or improve that is going to be “the answer” to fix everything, as such, I would recommend against disregarding solutions that could fix certain problems just because it won't be "the answer" to all problems.

Abuse can be mitigated to some degree through the implementation but it is true that the potential for it will still be there. Depending on how well we can mitigate, the question basically becomes if it will be worth it to effectively have no meaningful PvP rewards on the server to prevent a few players from gearing a bit faster than normal.