New RP system that can only be obtained via PVP

rabbit

How about creating a new rp system or some other system that can only be obtained via pvp through kills, heals, damage taken etc or just plain old points like our current rp but with another name. It may be a new sort of medal/display beside the characters name or above the guilds name that can provide bonus stats (nothing too game braking) it encourages pvp and might even lead to open world pvp again. 

• Like 1

Good luck with that, without source code for it. But what is the point of this other system?

Right now when you pvp you get a chance at dog tags(lower levels turn them in for medals) and a replicube, though you still get RP and exp when you pvp. While lvl 60 you get a chance for medals, dog tags(that just sit in your storage), and replicubes.

The problem about open world pvp outside Janus is that there is no real point to it. The bosses and hauler in Amara are untouched. The bosses take away huge exp points that nobody wants to spend 1 hour trying to get back 25% of what they lost from dying, sure it's .50% per death, but that's 10 min of farming for some. The hauler people stopped caring about because who wants to get 100 of those stupid replicube boxes and not get a single Ancient jewel/spanner or pvp medal. If you want to increase pvp, they need to increase exp gain to a level decent enough that one doesn't have to spend an hour getting back 25% of what they lost. Next, make bosses in Amara drop better items or make them easier to kill. I know when I used to solo bosses in Amara and people found out I could do that FK would show up knowing that if they didn't I would take all the loot and well so would RG, because they hate it when 1 FK player takes down a boss without being stopped. So, many people were like oh heck no are you going to just take that.

There isn't even pve for the boss in DV that I know of for either faction to dispute.

Though looking at the level board, you can see that there are several players who need to level up still on the FK side. But you have people running DS over and over again because why pvp when you can just loot alone?