Jump to content

Crashing & Verify problem?


VoidIndigo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've seen a few random crashes today in-game and I tried running the verify tool to see if I have a file problem... and the verify tool keeps freezing. I've run it 4-5 times and every time it freezes in a different place (on a different file). Anyone else see a problem like that? And how do I get past it?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VGN GM

Is there any error that appears as well?

 

Make sure the launcher is also running as admin, and if you have the game downloaded in your C Drive, not to have it installed in one of the Program Files folders. It could be stopping due to a permissions error and being unable to overwrite or modify the files it needs to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I've got the same problem. I just installed the game and it started to crash as soon as in the creation of the character and starter zone.

I started the game as admin, its is on the D drive, I used the win 7 and XP (service pack 3)-compatibility and also used the verify tool without any found issues.

I don't get an error message, mother just kicks me every time.. while running around, while taking a quest or whatever I'm doing.

It crashes regularly every 5-10 minutes im in. Any more suggestions? :/

 

edit: I've also put the game as an exception in my antivirus without success, so I'm completely out of ideas.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Maai said:

Hey, I've got the same problem. I just installed the game and it started to crash as soon as in the creation of the character and starter zone.

I started the game as admin, its is on the D drive, I used the win 7 and XP (service pack 3)-compatibility and also used the verify tool without any found issues.

I don't get an error message, mother just kicks me every time.. while running around, while taking a quest or whatever I'm doing.

It crashes regularly every 5-10 minutes im in. Any more suggestions? :/

 

edit: I've also put the game as an exception in my antivirus without success, so I'm completely out of ideas.

 

 

What I have set to windows 7 compatibility

C:\Vendetta Gaming Network\Scarlet Blade Vendetta\SB.exe
C:\Vendetta Gaming Network\Scarlet Blade Vendetta\SBLauncher.exe
C:\Vendetta Gaming Network\Scarlet Blade Vendetta\xigncode\xm.exe
And Desktop Shortcut

But also what are your computer specs? maybe you have game settings too high?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Goddess!

I've tried the settings, sadly it did not change the crashing/kicking.

oh and I already use the lowest graphical option possible in the game. 

I'm not that techy with stuff like specs, but I have an laptop with an i5 cpu, 8 GB ram and have the 64-bit-system in windows 10 home.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VGN GM

Is it an actual crash, or are you getting the error "Mother has disconnected you from the server"?

 

If you're getting the "Mother has disconnected you" error, I would suggest taking a look at this thread here:

 

Typically, disconnections like this are caused by ping. High ping to the server triggers its poorly written networking code to kick you offline because it thinks you're playing from an area you should not be (think of it like old timey IP blocks). That thread lists a couple of things you can try if this is the case, but most of the time, a VPN may be necessary to help reroute your internet traffic to one with possibly lower ping. But, check out the thread I've listed there and give that a try first though.

 

If its an actual crash with no error, bug report error, or something similar, it'll be something completely different that we'll have to then help you dig into!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Vivi, thank you very much for the link!

I've tried some of them so far with no luck. I look where I can get an VPN (never used one before) and pray to the gaming gods for some better ping, if that's the issue here.

I was able to play EE from here with no such issue, is it really just the game itself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vivi said:

If you're getting the "Mother has disconnected you" error, I would suggest taking a look at this thread here:

 

I get exactly this message, sometimes after 4-5 minutes, but very often immediately after logging in or in the character selection screen. I worked through the list with the tips, my router is not connected to the PC via Wi-Fi but with a cable, restarted the PC and the router, DNSFlush ect. ect. I live in Germany and since the servers are in France, my ping should actually be ok, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VGN GM
15 hours ago, Maai said:

Hey Vivi, thank you very much for the link!

I've tried some of them so far with no luck. I look where I can get an VPN (never used one before) and pray to the gaming gods for some better ping, if that's the issue here.

I was able to play EE from here with no such issue, is it really just the game itself?

Yes, its unfortunately coded to act how I've mentioned. Liveplex (the original developers of the game) figured if you have a high ping, you must be playing from a region that would not be supported for the game (ex - NA players trying to play KR would auto disconnect as a failsafe if they got passed the region block).

We do have the measures we can to lessen the impact of it, and for the most part it is effective. But if your routing to the server is bad or goes through a poor node, you'll see some struggles.

 

There was also a fire in one of our data server centers which housed our dev servers, I do believe anyway, some of our players used to route through that building. Now that it's gone, those who are now being rerouted are seeing higher ping which in turn is causing more disconnects.  This is all speculation on my part as I have been monitoring the server's network when it was brought to my attention and I see nothing server side that would suggest it's a server issue.

But, that hub seemed to be one of the main routes for some of our NA players, which I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that's where you're from considering the time frame you're replying in.

 

But, unfortunately it's just a case of trying to get a different routing path for your internet to try and find the nodes that work for you, and which is why a VPN is highly suggested.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vivi said:

Yes, its unfortunately coded to act how I've mentioned. Liveplex (the original developers of the game) figured if you have a high ping, you must be playing from a region that would not be supported for the game (ex - NA players trying to play KR would auto disconnect as a failsafe if they got passed the region block).

We do have the measures we can to lessen the impact of it, and for the most part it is effective. But if your routing to the server is bad or goes through a poor node, you'll see some struggles.

 

There was also a fire in one of our data server centers which housed our dev servers, I do believe anyway, some of our players used to route through that building. Now that it's gone, those who are now being rerouted are seeing higher ping which in turn is causing more disconnects.  This is all speculation on my part as I have been monitoring the server's network when it was brought to my attention and I see nothing server side that would suggest it's a server issue.

But, that hub seemed to be one of the main routes for some of our NA players, which I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that's where you're from considering the time frame you're replying in.

 

But, unfortunately it's just a case of trying to get a different routing path for your internet to try and find the nodes that work for you, and which is why a VPN is highly suggested.

Ha, the VPN works!

I use Proton VPN, since it's free and so far I haven't encountered any kicks. No lags, I'm happy.

Thank you Vivi for the help!

Oh and.. I'm from Germany, I just have a very bad Sleeping schedule. 😅

 

 

On 5/26/2021 at 9:42 PM, beelzebub5000 said:

I get exactly this message, sometimes after 4-5 minutes, but very often immediately after logging in or in the character selection screen. I worked through the list with the tips, my router is not connected to the PC via Wi-Fi but with a cable, restarted the PC and the router, DNSFlush ect. ect. I live in Germany and since the servers are in France, my ping should actually be ok, right?

Hi beelzebub, maybe you're lucky with the VPN as well?

I use the Netherlands as location and have so far no connection issues.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VGN GM
15 hours ago, Maai said:

Ha, the VPN works!

I use Proton VPN, since it's free and so far I haven't encountered any kicks. No lags, I'm happy.

Thank you Vivi for the help!

Oh and.. I'm from Germany, I just have a very bad Sleeping schedule. 😅

Oh sorry for the assumption then, you were just on some NA timezones from the looks of it 😄.

 

Glad that worked out for you though, have fun!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a problem with DCing every 5 to 10 minutes.  I submitted a trouble ticket and Vivi suggested I start using a VPN.  I got one (Cyber Ghost) and it stopped the Disconnects.  Now, I can stay online as long as I like.  If you are having this issue, I recommend you get a VPN.  The one I have I pay for and it is worth it.  I understand there are free VPNs available.  So, check it out and see if it helps.  Most VPNs have a free trial period or have up to a 45 day guaranteed refund.  The one I am using works really well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...