Angelic Temple & Demonic Fortress.

xSuigetsuux

Hello, I wasn't gonna make a suggestion regarding the recent Angelic Temple / Demonic Fortress content, but seeing the new Patch v111 I think it might be good.

In previous pve patches such as hoo or abyss, once a player finished acquiring the gear, doing runs was still beneficial since you could help guildmates by giving essences or just selling them for gold. However in AT / DF they are not tradeable. You may trade weapons but that's not where the problem lies, I have way more weapons crafted than I can upgrade. Therefore running the dungeons for weapons doesn't help in any regard.

As I'm sure staff knows, there was a drop of pvp players around 2 months ago when some guilds stopped attending pvps. Along with the new players coming thanks to Patch v111 (I have already seen a few and it's first day), these pvp players are also coming back for the new weapons. Players who we've always been up to date in content have helped newcomer / returning ones to gear up, since it was double benefit by either giving them what they needed, or getting drops we could profit from.

For those reasons, I think making essences tradeable could be one interesting option so these players don't have to grind this much without help from already geared players, or making geared players help and being a waste of time for them. The idea of adding a daily quest was suggested somewhere along the way but I feel it still won't provide a solution for geared players since they would go for nothing.

Even more since drops are not really that common, considering that many players have gone up to 5 days with no drops of any type of essence. Personally been doing three characters a day since the dungeons got released and I'm still in the process of gearing. Therefore I pressume new players with barely one character being able to run will sure take their time.

Thanks for your time

9 hours ago, xSuigetsuux said:

think making essences tradeable could be one interesting

kWyPy4C.png
If exp was tradable i would say nice but Essences would break completly the system.
I spent 10 days to get 1st awaken weapon and  i've friends that took more than me, but it still nice and wont be good sell essences since people are more interest on gold than gear other classes.

so these players don't have to grind this much

Geared people do DNG in 1h so isn't grind is more patience than grind.

waste of time for them

Fact that's why daily quest is better than turning essence into tradable. (Giving 1 essence per day would be enough)

Even hating my rates on drops i can't say system is bad, because isn't and it doesn't need much to get better.

• VGN GM

While I dont disagree with you or the post.

The reason why the essences where not made tradable this patch was because I've been getting a lot of feedback from players who had recently come back to game where the general opinion of the game right now is a new players goal upon starting the game is to just level up and begin grinding gold until they can afford to purchase gear from other players. Once they have purchased gear then they can join parties for things like HoO / Abyss / AT&DF.

This is not how the game should be played out and people should be guided through a path that doesn't require them to either be forced to grind gold all day or recieve handouts. Maybe in future my stance will change but as of the moment I'm trying to find wasy to improve the early game for new players that doesn't include them selling PGC cards or spending weeks grinding palace (I know they still will need to for achievements, but 100-200k that would have been spent across sets and weapons being reduced is a massive decrease to the amount of grinding required).

14 minutes ago, infecttado said:

Fact that's why daily quest is better than turning essence into tradable. (Giving 1 essence per day would be enough)

I think you missed the point of this thread, atleast from how I read it, they wherent asking for tradable essences based on rates but rather based on purpose of the content post completion which is two different dicussions.

• Like 1

That does make sense. Perhaps making weapons NT will force them to still do the dungeon for blueprints and materials instead of buying their way through the conten. The issue addressed is unlike previous contents, once you're finished with gear there's not a reason to continue going, which will make new players have a much harder time finding party members.

I also think Infecctado did not get the point, it doesn't mater it takes 1h for geared players, because we will not go. Likewise suggesting tradeable exp shows lacks of understanding about the new dungeons. Since there is absolutely no problem with exp to level up weapons at all. Dungeons give more than enough, and in the unlikely event that you craft one more weapon compared to normal players pace, you can just farm 0/10 dungeons which give a very generous guaranteed amount of exp, while essences are completely random.

• Like 1