Archivable/Storable Materials

Rin

Hello,

I wanted to bring attention to how much space is currently being taken by materials from all of the different content we currently have, and possibly suggest a solution to help with that.

AzAcUVg.png

Bank image example. Not counting the unusual number of souls/sparkle stacks, there's about 4-5 rows full of materials.

Other X-Legend games offer a material bank, which have separate bag slots and everything, and functions account-wide. I understand this may not be possible, so another option could possibly be the archive. There are already items in the archive that allow you to deposit stacks (example, Organic Juice stacks up to 100 in archive.)

One valid argument to this is it's too beneficial for a player with multiple alts on one account, and will allow them to progress one character too quickly. A compromise to this could be only allowing untradeable items from older content (such as HoO, old Abyss, Sky Tower to Daylight Forest, etc.) to be added, while allowing tradeable things from newer content such AT/DF essences, Deep Abyss essences. I guess this would also somewhat function as a possible catch up mechanic for those forms of content, though definitely would not be the majority use for it.

This could also work for Reality potions, which aren't used in any new content anymore, stones, scrolls, etc. Probably a lot more possibilities as well. Would be nice to have though, and frees up a lot of space for other things.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• VGN GM

There is no reason to make an account wide bank for materials that would benefit players that wouldn't benefit from just having more backpack spaces.

Materials are very carefully selected to be either none tradable or tradable and anything that is tradable isn't really much of an issue to the above mentioned point as most people have their ways of storing tradable items to keep their bank / bag tidy and not full.

Archive only supports a single item of the same item id. So even if you did make it archivable it would only take up 1 less space of x999 which again simply mailing to an alt or trading to an alt on a second account is not really any more or any less hassle in most cases especially since the archive does not display the quantity.

So there is no real benfit to this change that wouldn't break the conventions of materials that we set. I can see an arguement for amount of materials and not enough backpack space but that is simply solved by expanding the players individual storage an not making something that is account wide.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Archive only supports a single item of the same item id. So even if you did make it archivable it would only take up 1 less space of x999 which again simply mailing to an alt or trading to an alt on a second account is not really any more or any less hassle in most cases especially since the archive does not display the quantity.

But that's still really nice space saved, especially for items we may not WANT to have to keep storing on another account entirely. :( I like the idea of being able to archive my abyss essences, at/df, etc. Hell, the NT items from those dgns I'd love to archive even more just because they're such a waste of space to me. lol

And when it comes to tradeable items, I have many alts full of the same items that I'd love to see them at least become stackable items.. like CC blueprints and formula bags for an example.
Gathering materials I can't even fit 1 "type" i.e. pickaxe materials into a single character due to lack of space. I have probably over 15 alts storing gathering materials with full banks and almost full bags (some room left incase I need to use their racials).

As far as it benefiting players goes, my thoughts on that are if we farmed for it and did the work in the same account anyway why is it such a bad thing? 

I really like the idea of this, I think it can at least be something cool and make vendetta even more unique compared to other servers like XL and it can double as an account shared bank with less hassle for you. But at the end of the day it's up to you and you are the one who decides what goes into it as well.