Patch V107 Feedback & Suggestion!

infecttado

Hello, last update we got 125 awaken weapons with complete new system, which has changed alot how awaken weapons are made  and this ended being amazing.
At all after few days doing dng we notice its pretty fast and easy to do, which is cool because on nowdays we need old and new players so nice job giving then chance to come back.

That's not a criticism just point, guitar is my main weapon as you know Jordan, it looks amazing and as you showed me it before, i loved new model, but in status, it seems good for solo player , but still have low m atk at end game than 115 one and have no utility for party (Demonic one) , would be cool if change m atk and speed for -7% of lightning/dark/fire resist (yes the speed guy don't want speed ) i understand new ones but guitar for me is the weaker one and would be cool if we get this change, others are amazing.

About DNG i would just suggest daily quest that for you do both dng 1 run each that give you by your choice Angelic or Demonic Essence , since drop rate is bad, i've been running for it alot and haven't got single Angelic Essence, so 1 per day would be amazing.

For the UI on boss stats wanted to know if its possible add resist/def that we droped in real time, like we can do for players , this would give good information for us if Resist is going to negative or standing on 0, also give clear information of how much we reducing constantly.

That's all thank you for attention and thank you for this patch, sorry for my bad english.

• Haha 2

• VGN GM

1. Not going to change anything right now. I will see in future but I'm not adding different procs cause there is purpose behind pretty much all the procs selected.

2. Drop rate is suppose to be so so, adding quest to compensate that might be good in future when people have there weapons and the only people who are i need are mostly new people trying to catch up but right now not.

3. It is something I will look into. As it is something I have been considering since it was made.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

1. Not going to change anything right now. I will see in future but I'm not adding different procs cause there is purpose behind pretty much all the procs selected.

Understandable, hope is for good things.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

2. Drop rate is suppose to be so so, adding quest to compensate that might be good in future when people have there weapons and the only people who are i need are mostly new people trying to catch up but right now not.

well we talking about luck, so 9-10 months to complete all weapons , this without count extra ones, like shield which will need 2 or 3 of same one.
but its fine , we know you need time and we need focus too, since dng doesn't take long time and isn't that much hard its time only, also farm exp on 0/10 is pretty much ok so its fine.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

3. It is something I will look into. As it is something I have been considering since it was made.

Side question about it, would be cool if you could make it actual HP that boss is on his own bar (i know its possible via themes like split 10 mini bars to show how much its) but we usually tell % HP based on how much we think its, idk if its possible, since you made this new UI, my mind keep thinking its possible add it into boss HP Bar, i know its just random thing, but changes alot for some people.

Another question, in few maps and DNG few monsters appears on negative resistance like this one in durango:
qAFjq12.png
Its a visual bug or its set as negative?

• VGN GM
3 minutes ago, infecttado said:

well we talking about luck, so 9-10 months to complete all weapons , this without count extra ones, like shield which will need 2 or 3 of same one.

but its fine , we know you need time and we need focus too, since dng doesn't take long time and isn't that much hard its time only, also farm exp on 0/10 is pretty much ok so its fine.

Based on my own calculations if you complete the new content daily it wont take you any longer than 2 - 3 months to complete all 36 weapons.

5 minutes ago, infecttado said:

Side question about it, would be cool if you could make it actual HP that boss is on his own bar (i know its possible via themes like split 10 mini bars to show how much its) but we usually tell % HP based on how much we think its, idk if its possible, since you made this new UI, my mind keep thinking its possible add it into boss HP Bar, i know its just random thing, but changes alot for some people.

Another question, in few maps and DNG few monsters appears on negative resistance like this one in durango:

Its a visual bug or its set as negative?

Not a bug, remember resistances cap at the same negative as they do positive so negative resistance is possible.

16 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Based on my own calculations if you complete the new content daily it wont take you any longer than 2 - 3 months to complete all 36 weapons.

my bad yes just craft will take 2-3 months that's true, took wrong info with all level ups, but with my luck and friends luck, each awaken upgrade will take 5-6 days depending on luck, since some haven't got single essence of any.
2-3 months on craft is pretty much fine.

17 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Not a bug, remember resistances cap at the same negative as they do positive so negative resistance is possible.

gotcha! thank you!

Hello,

I'm just gonna throw an idea which would be "lore" (mmo wise) accurate, and actually would make it still a farming thing, but at the same time a qol change in my opinion :

What about being able to transform an angelic essence into a demonic one via arcane box, with extra materials being demonic parchment, like, x10 (roughly worth 3 bosses) and cursed exp jar x1 or 2 (worth a day or half of farm) (numbers would be at your discretion, i'm just throwing an idea like that), and vice versa, having the possibility to transform a demonic essence into an angelic one via arcane box, by using 

The "logic" I did follow for that, was "Angelic essence get corrupted via ritual using demonic parchment and a cursed exp item" & "Demonic essence gets purified via ritual using angelic parchment and blessed jar" . I selected the jar for the suggestion, since it's the one we get the least, but we still are assured to have some on the bag at the end of the farm. It'd also require you to actually have one of the other kind of essence, forcing you to farm both dungeon anyway, and not have one completely forgotten for the other (like would the "just one essence for another" do)

I don't know if it's doable, or if my suggestion needs improvement, but still, I feel like it's a decent compromise between "quality of life" and "you gotta farm" and would make it so people wouldn't be stuck by "rng" or not getting a specific kind of essence.

I tried to make a suggestion with as little drawback as possible "design wise" (like i said, no dungeon forgotten for another)

Hope y'all have a great day! 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2023 at 11:50 AM, Jordan said:

I understand that we aren't supposed to be able to speedrun this content. The real pain point for me is that there's no way to forecast or plan around being able to unlock these weapons because it's entirely dependent on a roll of the dice. Elements of rng are a good thing. They add excitement and novelty to the gameplay experience. I may just be astronomically unlucky but not even being halfway finished with a single weapon after a full week of doing this dungeon just feels really bad. I think some manner of linear progression would make these lowrolls feel less bad because then at least we could have some end goal to look toward. I'm not asking you to hand us the weapons for free, but considering the number of daily tasks that are present, it really feels bad to throw one in that feels like it's accomplishing nothing. To more directly address what Jordan said. I'm not sure how these calculations you made add up but I can assure you I'm doing it daily and at the current rate of progress I'm at, It will take me over a year to complete it all, while doing it every single day.

• Firstly: thank you for the patch 🎉 I have been waiting for new content and something else to farm for a while now, I do quite enjoy the majority of the angelic weapons as well.

This will be my feedback for the patch and only things I feel could be adjusted in any way, I have also read the above posts and would like to state that I am in agreement with somehow increasing the rate at which we gain essences.

It is too dependent on RNG for people who have "bad luck" or singular characters to run on, this patch will take them an extremely long time in comparison. I have spent the last 6 days farming on 3 accounts mainly 1 character each (I did assist my guildmates in a few runs with an alt on my account but it had no major benefit to me as I only did 3 angelic runs and 2 demonic runs on her).

image.png
This is the rate as which I have gained essences in the last 6 days, Tuxedo has yet to go today but neither Shado or Tuxedo can awaken a weapon yet. I feel like that's pretty low odds for spending everyday running and I know some people who have had worse luck and just received their 1st-3rd essences of either type.
Amaris won nearly every single roll and gained some on self drop for angelic, the lucky one I suppose xD

So ultimately I would also like to ask for a daily that can give anything to increase the essences we get or some adjustments to the drop rate. HoO on release had a daily box that contained many things, I would even be happy with that kind of daily box for this new content too!

I do also think it would be cool to arcane box an essence we don't need into the other type of essence. In Shado's case she will need Angelic but not Demonic essences.

• Secondly: I do feel as though neither staff are truly good for AE, one I understand is a debuffer for PvP which I feel is much better for a class like Conjuerer so I can agree with adding or swapping the dark resistance out for lightning (prefer to add). The guitar is in a similar state as the staff and while I am against having so many debuffs/CCs added in weapons, I do agree that it's not the kind of guitar you'd think of using in a PvP comp.

Thanks for reading and considering. 🙏

• VGN GM
21 hours ago, hiersen said:

Not a bad suggestion to be honest.

6 hours ago, HaelPhael said:

I do think you are on the unlucky end to be fair but I will investigate further.

2 hours ago, Nanami said:
  • Secondly: I do feel as though neither staff are truly good for AE, one I understand is a debuffer for PvP which I feel is much better for a class like Conjuerer so I can agree with adding or swapping the dark resistance out for lightning (prefer to add). The guitar is in a similar state as the staff and while I am against having so many debuffs/CCs added in weapons, I do agree that it's not the kind of guitar you'd think of using in a PvP comp.

I do not see how a staff that gives 7% base M-ATK buff and Triple Hit DMG is not good for a class. That is an extreme exaggeration if I was to say so myself. Do remember that that Triple Hit DMG is 25% DMG away from a sadness effect which is possibly the most broken effect in the game. No matter what angle you look at staff, there is no doubt that both staffs are your best option when picking a staff for AE. If you wanna be a nuisance Awaken Angelic, if you wanna be big dps Awaken Demonic.

---

Guitar is a different case where as going back to Awaken, all Guitars are a viable choice and ultimately depends on preferance.

Pro:
Awaken 100: Resistance Proc (10 pts, not insignificant, not a huge amount). Double Hit Rate (2%), Decent Base M-ATK Buff. Decent proc of M-ATK.

HoO: Magic DMG Dealt (Unmatched stat, makes up for any loss of M-ATK from base). Move SPD (not a huge amount). Nice debuff if your not a main damage and the buff side kinda compensates for the lack of M-ATK.

Awaken 125: Triple Hit Rate (4%), Elemental DMG, Best Base M-ATK Buff. Decent proc of M-ATK and Move SPD.

Con:

Awaken 100: Lowest base M-ATK (Get less M-ATK from your fortifications and gear upgrade too). Lower level gems only. No movement speed (debatable if this is con or not, depends on a per player basis).

HoO: Likely lower M-ATK overall. No resistance drop proc.

Awaken 125: No resistance drop proc.

Now as someone who played this game for a longer time and PvP'd for a long time the situation I view it like this.

Yes it sucks not to have a res drop on the new Guitar when you compare it to Awaken 100. But just alone comparing +14 M-ATK on both weapons your losing around 11.6k M-ATK, which is then enhanced further by your KP points, your achievement points and the multitude of other M-ATK buffs that also this weapon has 7% over 5%. So all that M-ATK is starting to add up in lost damage that you'll probebly find that damage is pretty close in comparrison. But then your also now dealing an extra 25% dmg on your multi-hits and the chance of dealing said multi-hits has doubled.

Now someone might think, "well if I use 100 Awaken I can reduce Lightning Resistance for my Arch". While yes this is true, I would argue that its great that more than 1 guitar is an option for people. There might be better ways to support the Arch but if this is the best way in your opinion then great.

Personally if I was going to build a bard my selection would be the new one. I think it has more potential upside and has more doors open with gems and future gems / enhancements. I also personally think it looks better so obviously thats a factor too in this game.

I think people really overestimate the power of resistance reduction so even the decreases the targets x resistance makes people auto-assume its the best option. But without doing the math and the testing I would say this discussion should not even be happening.

As in discusions I've had about these weapons as far as I can tell they all have viability. I also don't think they all completely wipe out previous weapons (some do, buts thats more of an issue with the previous weapon than an issue with themselves).

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Yes it sucks not to have a res drop on the new Guitar when you compare it to Awaken 100. But just alone comparing +14 M-ATK on both weapons your losing around 11.6k M-ATK, which is then enhanced further by your KP points, your achievement points and the multitude of other M-ATK buffs that also this weapon has 7% over 5%. So all that M-ATK is starting to add up in lost damage that you'll probebly find that damage is pretty close in comparrison. But then your also now dealing an extra 25% dmg on your multi-hits and the chance of dealing said multi-hits has doubled.

Now someone might think, "well if I use 100 Awaken I can reduce Lightning Resistance for my Arch". While yes this is true, I would argue that its great that more than 1 guitar is an option for people. There might be better ways to support the Arch but if this is the best way in your opinion then great.

Personally if I was going to build a bard my selection would be the new one. I think it has more potential upside and has more doors open with gems and future gems / enhancements. I also personally think it looks better so obviously thats a factor too in this game.

Yeah, it's just that for majority of the way people build for current meta they just don't fit in the way we're used to that's all. I just wanted to give my feedback as well, thanks. o/

some player use  auto click for greed item . and some  player click on need without agree in team.

if have another option for exchange Demonic essence to Angelic essence (or Angelic to Demonic) is better good sake for all player to craft their main class weapon . after fix a few days i'm got only 1 Demonic essence for 3 day doing new DGN. at the last thank a lots to all stuff Eden vendetta have a good health Happy and wealthy .

17 hours ago, Jordan said:

I also personally think it looks better so obviously thats a factor too in this game.

only thing that i agree, its insanely beautiful, but if i would play in party i would use 110 Guitar.
Fact is BP needs time to kill and in party is more support class than real MDPS, which is fair, but i made class that play as anti capper, since now there's 2-3 anni per crystal if you playing vs active guild, and BP is imune to stun which gives advantage.

Sadly no Awaken 125 isn't good, it gives more m atk but BP still need alot of time to stack vibrato for m atk or dark metal for less resist.
It also get limited on holy skills, being useful only death metal since wave of sleep has no much effect being 50% chance.
Fact i can't use full gemini also keep my mind locked on it, which is bad on my side, yes BP can't use full gemini, need use tank gear like Koharumi or New Swamp King, besides that any BP would die in 2-3 skills.

Guitar is cool and your idea with triple + elemental dmg is nice but for pvp this guitar wont be anything so every BP (me and 3 more) would back to no new weapon.

I understand your point and i just hope anytime it get a bit changed, doesn't need 30 resist like bow or 10 like old ones , but 7 was enough to make it better.

As you said before:

On 4/24/2023 at 11:00 AM, Jordan said:

I will see in future but I'm not adding different procs cause there is purpose behind pretty much all the procs selected.

I prefer wait and see what you will make for it than complain or cry about it getting bad :3

About V109, thank you for the drop increase and amount too this will be so much helpful.

• Sad 1

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, infecttado said:

I don't seem to understand your point or reasoning because you say "BP needs time to kill" but that would benefit you to use the new guitar because you'll have more chances to deal Triple Hit DMG which is 25% off dealing double damage. Plus all that extra base M-ATK is going to do wonders when you stack Flame Vibrato. Like your whole arguement practically boils down to "doesn't have res drop, its trash".

However, I personally don't really care if you use it or not because if your so closed minded that just looking at in archive and you write it off without any testing and number crunching shows to me that nothing I say will change your mind. I'm just putting the information out there that other community members will actually take note and try out different things and hopefully not follow build advice thats centered around a single stat.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan said:

"doesn't have res drop, its trash"

its more talking about party thing, for solo plays it doesn't matter what guitar have, class is really outside party and that's the point.

I wont be making it for now, because 115 seems stronger for solo, and 110 for party.

27 minutes ago, Jordan said:

BP needs time to kill

humm i need proc 5 times of dark metal to have chance of killing someone and if this person isn't on cc it will be removed.
On party BP wont be killing it will be supporting so it doesn't matter much, since m atk will be enough to killing.

About Flame Vibrato, it last for few seconds and become useless stack 5 times 1st because its 100% removed by reaver instantly when joining fight, so besides stack over again, is better just get death meatl + melody and help party with Dark Metal.

M-ATK being general is really good, the % on it and proc is nice, reducing lightining resist specificaly for me its bad, since AE is insane strong, and giving more power to it with other class would be bad, but lets not talk about resist, why not -10% p atk and m-atk like 115 guitar, why not dmg on flame vibrato 5% like 125 gun gives to mecha, why not 5 sec duration from flame vibrato (as i mentioned up there it doesn't last long enough to be effective).
BP Spends more time buffing himself then using his skills.

36 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I personally don't really care if you use it or not because if your so closed minded that just looking at in archive and you write it off without any testing and number

You usually don't care its fine, you know more than me about your own classes and game, but coming from the only BP in the server that really does anything and really plays with the class because i know potential it haves, BP is bad for party, you know i play solo most of my time, its because this class have more resources for solo plays than support pt.
When i was on stardust i used to be with Amaris all the time because i could lock someone with stun for support and help on anti cap.
I know you will find way on class or items on future to make it better, 125 guitar is bad not trash, its good for me , but its worse awaken weapon on the entire list.

Sorry if my english isn't good to explain it, i'm not trying to complain your job just trying to give advice about 1 item.
Thank you for attention again and sorry if seems i'm crying.

• VGN GM
3 minutes ago, infecttado said:

its more talking about party thing, for solo plays it doesn't matter what guitar have, class is really outside party and that's the point.

I wont be making it for now, because 115 seems stronger for solo, and 110 for party.

The 115 is debatable stronger in Solo Play as it has base M-DMG Dealt. I would argue on a boss where your standing still hitting a bunch of times that the 125 in the long run is better but its dependant on procs and can go either way. Reliable vs Potential.

5 minutes ago, infecttado said:

humm i need proc 5 times of dark metal to have chance of killing someone and if this person isn't on cc it will be removed.

On party BP wont be killing it will be supporting so it doesn't matter much, since m atk will be enough to killing.

About Flame Vibrato, it last for few seconds and become useless stack 5 times 1st because its 100% removed by reaver instantly when joining fight, so besides stack over again, is better just get death meatl + melody and help party with Dark Metal.

THis i mroe talking about bard issues overall. But what I was saying in the content of the weapon itself, if you need time to stack to be able to kill. Then the new guitar will be better with that given time than any other IMO.

6 minutes ago, infecttado said:

h

M-ATK being general is really good, the % on it and proc is nice, reducing lightining resist specificaly for me its bad, since AE is insane strong, and giving more power to it with other class would be bad, but lets not talk about resist, why not -10% p atk and m-atk like 115 guitar, why not dmg on flame vibrato 5% like 125 gun gives to mecha, why not 5 sec duration from flame vibrato (as i mentioned up there it doesn't last long enough to be effective).
BP Spends more time buffing himself then using his skills.

With most these awaken weapons I tried to make their proc's different to previous. I'm not saying this is the case all across the board but the goal was to make more options and not just an "upgraded" version of the previous. Like if you look at Axe for example, Axe of Oblivion most would consider "better" but the new one is a really solid choice and if you dont need the extra slash the new one is always the better choice. Guitar was improved based on the scope of Guitar. I did each weapon on the basis of the scope of the individual weapon and not what staff has or what gun has. What did Guitar have? What could be nice on Guitar? Is it a viable option? I think it covers all of these checks well.

So if you wanna be a debuffer then 115 is probebly the best option in my opinion, if you wanna be a damage threat then i would say 125 is your best choice. I don't really see much case for 110 over the 100 awaken since personally i'd lose 3-4k M-ATK for Double Hit rate even at 2%.

11 minutes ago, infecttado said:

The issue I have is that you gotta remember how much weight your words will hold as you rightly said, one of the few maybe even only BP players. If a new player comes along who do you think they're going to look for advice from or ideas from. With the current setup I don't see a reason outside of it not being as strong as the S Tier meta class that a bard cannot kill people in TW or Arena with the new Guitar and if I had the time to do so I would back this up.

But if your going to call something "not good" then I think that you should atleast do the diligence of testing it first. You can easily +14 gear in this game and run into sakura and test different builds with an alt or a friend to check damage numbers and then give feedback.

• Like 1

i think no u just should add a quest that gives essences cus of (UNLUCKY)thing like why i go to TW and all people have their weapons awakened and i still didnt even awakened ATLEAST 1 weapon and all the other people already awakened 1-2-3 weapons for me thats the weirdest thing u need to stop making everything RNG u need to make things specific things to make other than that is not fair AT ALL so pls try to make the game more fair it will be better and yeah btw i only have 3 essences 3 days 0 essences drop ty

15 hours ago, RedStar said:

i think no u just should add a quest that gives essences cus of (UNLUCKY)thing like why i go to TW and all people have their weapons awakened and i still didnt even awakened ATLEAST 1 weapon and all the other people already awakened 1-2-3 weapons for me thats the weirdest thing u need to stop making everything RNG u need to make things specific things to make other than that is not fair AT ALL so pls try to make the game more fair it will be better and yeah btw i only have 3 essences 3 days 0 essences drop ty

I disagree.

RNG is part of the identity of mmorpg games, especially with loot. And that's why finally getting something done give a sense of accomplishment.

Yes, your luck can be bad. It's sad, but that's how it is.
Yes, some other people might have better luck OR (like me) use several character a day, in order to grow the amount of essence faster (since weapons can be put on archive, it helps)

I'm not saying full rng is good, andthat's why I made a suggestion to have a way to exchange one kind of essence with the other, at the cost of other ressources, so there is still a bit of rng, and a bit of farm involved, to keep that "mmorpg" identity. 

On a complete other note :

Jordan, I have a question about how the blessed/cursed exp leaves are supposed to drop, let me explain why.

I did burning mountain dungeon bosses 0/10 with my cpl, and it requires both of us to hit to get a cursed exp leaf each, which we were happy about it.

However, going on other dungeons, we noticed we actually didn't get one each, but only the first person hitting the boss would get one. Is it how it was intended and Burning Mountain dungeon is just bugged?

I know these dungeons are fairly easy to solo for any geared player, but I'd rather play with friends and that we all get something out of it :/

Also, i wanted to ask if you ever planned to rework some of the (in my opinion) underwhelming holy skills, that are... let's be fair, not worth a gem slot on most case, such as :

Lethal arrow holy skill : Vital point, have a high bonus of physical attack, nice but... that's it. Excepting the fact that "it becomes double hit when the target is under 30% hp" which, when compared 
to the only similar skill i can think of atm (correct me if there is another), is... well, bad. Execution, the executioner holy skills, not only deals TRIPLE hit (and not double) starting at 50% of the boss remaining hp, but is also put a debuff that increased damage taken by the boss by 10%. It's WAY better.

I'll probably make another forum post listing all of them and maybe an idea or two about how they could be better for some (note that i might not have the whole situation in consideration while doing it, due to me forgetting some stuff about game)

• VGN GM
3 hours ago, hiersen said:

On a complete other note :

Jordan, I have a question about how the blessed/cursed exp leaves are supposed to drop, let me explain why.

They're suppose to drop for everyone involved in the kill. You may want to check the mail as they are coded to if the bag is full be mailed instead rather than drop on the group.

Outside of that maybe it was just unfortunate or the party may have been on taunt mode or something I'm not really sure what could have caused them not to get it.

3 hours ago, hiersen said:

<Holy Skill>

Holy skills as a concept where kinda bad content in my eyes which is why I've kinda pushed it away from relevancy for the most part. When I do change or create them I try my best to make them 100% optional skills that are nice to have but not mandatory (Not always the case but not intentionally).

As for Vital Point (Execution Arrow) its a perfectly fine Holy Skill in my book. It's based on the Ranger original skill of Eagle Pursuit originally suggested by a Ranger main for good reason. It's a good skill to deal Double DMG to a low HP target as in PvE boss fights thats 30% of the boss fight (usually the hardest part) you get a double damage skill with high P-ATK. Then in PvP it helps execute low HP targets.

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

Whats the mats don't stack? I can take a look.

Just bags and BP's doesn't stack, but i think he mean stack materials like EXP items be turned into powered ones, they take 6 slots from bags, which is a mess like 30 items of 10 EXP into one 300 exp.
Also when using auto sort it gets messy around bag being fully splited and hard to find.
could be made also item with 1k exp via fusion, it would save our bags (general one not being angelic or demonic) we have 2 versions of items for same usage.

• VGN GM
11 hours ago, Hilligan said:

I have a question about new holy skill of Lethal Arrow: Execution arrow, it says: When target's hp is below 30% execution arrow will deal DOUBLE DAMAGE , this means double hit or damage x2

it's double damage, it just will appear like a double hit but if u check the numbers its doubled.