Eden Eternal Featuring - Weapon Transmogrification

Locsta

Hello everyone. I have been thinking about a feature for the game and I want to know if its possible and it would be a pretty good feature for the game as its not a secret, a lot of people play for aesthetic and it would be awesome for people to choose their weapon skin and not being down to the point of using a weapon that they don't like.

Add a skin weapon changer on the game which would be purchasable via Item Mall or any other way if you have something in mind. Such a whim, I think it would be good for the Item Mall.

Let me explain!

There would be different items such as

Staff Skin Changer
Gun Skin Changer

// These are just example and there would be a skin changer for every kind of weapon that goes from Lv115 to Lv125 as they're currently the most used weapons. 

Lets for example say that I have this Awakened Angelic Radiant Staff weapon equip and I want it to have Primary Fury Wand. I would put my Awakened Angelic Radiant Staff into Arcane Box and fuse it with Staff Skin Changer and this would show me all the others skin option then you would just have to select the skin you want. This would keep the fortifications, gems, gear upgrade and enchants on your weapons. * I just took Arcane Box example to make it simpler to explain, anything other system would work so far.

There is a lot of weapons that share the same skin but have different color so i guess what could be done for the selected weapons is just taking all the weapons skin from the golds weapons that goes from Lv50 to 120 and maybe also add Awakened weapons skins to the list as I guess some people would rather pick awakened weapons skins as they have pretty good looking effects for some of them.

To make sure its clear, when I mention Skin Changer, it means the skin weapon on the right part of the screenshot and not the icon which is on the left part (below the character). Now its up to you if you also want to change the icon of the weapon but I think it'd be better if we can see what weapons other people use and not having to hover to see. 

image.png

I do not think this would take so much time as I know you prefer to focus on what is not necessary and not time consuming for not worth much. This is a feature I thought about and I'm sure it would work quite well. This feature would also match with the others features in the game such as the Damage Style Changing Text Feature which was not necessary neither but a good amount of people enjoy playing with it.

• Like 2

Hello !

If I understood right the idea, you're talking about a transmogrification change on weapon only, not costume weapon at all, just like World of Warcraft does, right ? (Because if it was also on costume weapon, I wouldn't see the interest of it since we just have to change it xD)

I really like the idea (even if I won't use it at all, since I prefer to use costume), I would also add it for armors since some of they have special effect, and I'm pretty sure many people would like to be able to choose which color the effect is.

Also, I would add a few categories for some skins. For example, awakened weapon Lv. 65 / 75 / 100 should be marked as legendary, which would require something more to use it ?

In WoW, as long as you don't have the item, you can't transmogrif, which is a pretty good thing in my opinion.

Another idea for the same suggestion :

We've seen on X-Legends that enchant for costumes exists. Maybe using a costume enchant to change the skin could work ? It would do 7 type of enchant : 1h, 2h, Off-Hand, Body, Head, one for the aura that armors give, and a last one that remove the current enchant.

Well I'm not sure which one is the best, in the end I think I prefer to stay on "weapon" and not "costume weapon" so we don't have to always change the costume for every class (it would be a huge cost and using so much space in bag xD). I let the idea here so maybe it could give you new idea too !

34 minutes ago, Akyme said:

Hello !

If I understood right the idea, you're talking about a transmogrification change on weapon only, not costume weapon at all, just like World of Warcraft does, right ? (Because if it was also on costume weapon, I wouldn't see the interest of it since we just have to change it xD)

I really like the idea (even if I won't use it at all, since I prefer to use costume), I would also add it for armors since some of they have special effect, and I'm pretty sure many people would like to be able to choose which color the effect is.

Also, I would add a few categories for some skins. For example, awakened weapon Lv. 65 / 75 / 100 should be marked as legendary, which would require something more to use it ?

In WoW, as long as you don't have the item, you can't transmogrif, which is a pretty good thing in my opinion.

Another idea for the same suggestion :

We've seen on X-Legends that enchant for costumes exists. Maybe using a costume enchant to change the skin could work ? It would do 7 type of enchant : 1h, 2h, Off-Hand, Body, Head, one for the aura that armors give, and a last one that remove the current enchant.

Well I'm not sure which one is the best, in the end I think I prefer to stay on "weapon" and not "costume weapon" so we don't have to always change the costume for every class (it would be a huge cost and using so much space in bag xD). I let the idea here so maybe it could give you new idea too !

My suggestion was just including weapons and not costumes weapons and I also did not mention an application of this feature for the sets since your set do not interfer with your character while you play so it might just be too much plus the sets dont have a skin but just an icon to work with. (i guess for the effects but it sound a bit too much but its not something i am against lol. ) so I just gave out my global idea of what could be done but now there is probably many ways to bring this on the game either going through a whole grinding or just buying it from Item Mall but anyways I'm pretty sure Jordan could find an idea of how to include this on the game.

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

• VGN GM

I will look into this change when I look into this change:

It's not an easy thing to add into the game something like this, but I know its something people would appreciate if I did. It would be easier if I just made a costume of each weapon but thats too many weapons to do so I will look into this when I look into the above.

9 hours ago, Jordan said:

I will look into this change when I look into this change:

It's not an easy thing to add into the game something like this, but I know its something people would appreciate if I did. It would be easier if I just made a costume of each weapon but thats too many weapons to do so I will look into this when I look into the above.

I actually thought of a way to include this on the game, I am just going to leave it here, who know you'd maybe get an idea out of it lol.

Heres what I thought about. 

I'm going to give you an example to give you a better picture so lets say I want to awaken my Demonic Radiant Staff to Awakened Radiant Staff. To make it awakened, I have to use my Demonic Awaken Stone on my Demonic Radiant Staff and it will become Awakened (lets not mind the EXP). Whats happening is that my weapon actually transform into another staff aka Awakened Demonic Radiant Staff. The skin changes, the icon changes, the gear upgrade/fortifications/enchants/gems remain the same.

So the idea here is to actually make something alike this Demonic Awaken Stone.

image.png

So i guess you could make it in sort that the stone transform your staff into a new other staff with a new Icon but keeping its caracteristics but you might also have to deal with the archive as it might be an issue with archiving the staff if its transformed into another unless you make another archive category or add the transmogrified weapon somwhere.

Or either make many stones that would correspond to every skin like below but that probably take a bit longer to realize.

image.pngimage.png

Thats something that would definitely work after seeing how that awakening weapon process work. I guess it would just need a moment of reflexion on how to bring this on the game. (rewards, through grinding, item mall?)

Anyways, thanks for looking into this. I'll be waiting for sure

• VGN GM
1 hour ago, Locsta said:

I'm going to give you an example to give you a better picture so lets say I want to awaken my Demonic Radiant Staff to Awakened Radiant Staff. To make it awakened, I have to use my Demonic Awaken Stone on my Demonic Radiant Staff and it will become Awakened (lets not mind the EXP). Whats happening is that my weapon actually transform into another staff aka Awakened Demonic Radiant Staff. The skin changes, the icon changes, the gear upgrade/fortifications/enchants/gems remain the same.

This system does the opposite to this.

The skin doesn't change, a new item is created, the fortifications and such are copied to the new item and then the old item is destroyed. It's all smoke and mirrors to make things work in this old game 🤣

You might notice this is the case when you check the archive and see 5 slots per weapon.

26 minutes ago, Jordan said:

This system does the opposite to this.

The skin doesn't change, a new item is created, the fortifications and such are copied to the new item and then the old item is destroyed. It's all smoke and mirrors to make things work in this old game 🤣

You might notice this is the case when you check the archive and see 5 slots per weapon.

alright LOL I'll leave you thinking on this as I thought my idea made its sense but i guess not LOL

• VGN GM
16 minutes ago, Locsta said:

alright LOL I'll leave you thinking on this as I thought my idea made its sense but i guess not LOL

The games just very old and to save headaches I try not to make huge modifications when possible. So being able to small things like just creating an item copying some stuff then deleting the old is much easier than having an item store data of what its supposes to look like and having every item having unique options.