NovaFire

New BG suggestion

Recommended Posts

The recent discussion over gloria (That i'm still not happy I was posted about..) had me thinking..

The current BGs AK and NB have alot of issues we all know this. Most of the time its 40 RG's vs 13 FKs
(or as recent numbers have shown 2FKs)

Biggest reason as we all know is looting, If you win you get safe guards and during the BG your gonna (if your lucky)
get loot from the bosses inside. In my opinion the reason for so few FK's and so many of then going to the RG side
is because with their current numbers its impossible for them
to contest the bosses and even harder to win the BG. 
This is their own fault of course but I can see why they do it, if you always lose then of course your going to want the 
winning side.

Now what if the BG's were less "fight for the dungeon" type and more "Fight to the death type"
In a PVP battle your supposed to be trying to win against the enemy faction through Killing them and the objectives
which yes we do have but its not how it should be. Nuclear Bunker is literally just a Dungeon raid for your faction to clear
it feels like PVE instead of PVP.

What if we had a BG were it was the last person standing? or maybe try to get as many kills as you can in the time frame for your faction?
AK is a good PVP battle because its a mix of capture the flag and siege but the looting is still an issue from the bosses. I feel like the bosses are out of place, they hold no real purpose to the PVP side of the BG aside from giving you loot which is not what a PVP should be for. 
If you want loot it should be obtained through dungeons in the game like TA or BC. AKA PVP is for PVP not PVE.

This is just an idea to consider of course but if we improve the looting system of actual dungeons and move the PVP BGs to focus more on PVP only and an end of BG reward that can benefit you and only you (like the wings from AK) then it might help. I know alot of us like the loot from BGs but like I said before that's not what PVP is for.

I think it would also be cool if there was an end of week reward for the amount of wins a Faction gets which would make people want their faction to win. Or maybe for the top players each week in PVP for the kills they get and their performance (less deaths, lots of kills etc etc)

ALSO LASTLY! can we PLEASE think about making a PVP thing with the race track in mereholt?! that would be so cool xD

Thanks for reading! and if you comment please keep it clean and sensible thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, monoki said:

If you want loot it should be obtained through dungeons in the game like TA or BC. AKA PVP is for PVP not PVE.

Monoki, I have nothing against ur post, but it has nothing to do with pvp or fix.

The idea of obtaining every item in dungeon will only invite more PVE. Don't get me wrong, I love it tbh. 

Ideas on possible nb fix (50%) 

1. Making 2 nb, as stated before. Having 2 nb isn't half bad, the problem is either both have a one sided win meaning it's all about the loot or one is totally empty with just 4v6 showing up. 

2. Moving the time of the current nb up or down to a more convenient time, we're both faction will be active. 

#just dropping ideas dat have already been said. Also, I will b really happy if the GM could fix the 30+ in nb, it should be 30 without an extra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, lightsenshi said:

Aren't most of the battlegrounds expect for Bunker exactly what you're describing?

I'm talking about AK and NB, not the other battles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Valac said:

Monoki, I have nothing against ur post, but it has nothing to do with pvp or fix.

The idea of obtaining every item in dungeon will only invite more PVE. Don't get me wrong, I love it tbh. 

Ideas on possible nb fix (50%) 

1. Making 2 nb, as stated before. Having 2 nb isn't half bad, the problem is either both have a one sided win meaning it's all about the loot or one is totally empty with just 4v6 showing up. 

2. Moving the time of the current nb up or down to a more convenient time, we're both faction will be active. 

#just dropping ideas dat have already been said. Also, I will b really happy if the GM could fix the 30+ in nb, it should be 30 without an extra

What do you mean nothing to do with pvp or a fix for it? did you even read what I said? no offence but seriously
I gave new ideas for PVP battles and ways to make PVP more about PVP instead of just showing up for the loot and even said what we could use to entice more players to do PVP battles and want their factions to win them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monoki said:

Now what if the BG's were less "fight for the dungeon" type and more "Fight to the death type"
In a PVP battle your supposed to be trying to win against the enemy faction through Killing them and the objectives
which yes we do have but its not how it should be. Nuclear Bunker is literally just a Dungeon raid for your faction to clear
it feels like PVE instead of PVP.

I like what u said there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monoki said:

I'm talking about AK and NB, not the other battles

So you want all of the battlegrounds to be like Janus?  I guess you really do want to limit BG to just a few people.  I don't mind doing NB once a day but I won't go near anything else, even AK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lightsenshi said:

So you want all of the battlegrounds to be like Janus?  I guess you really do want to limit BG to just a few people.  I don't mind doing NB once a day but I won't go near anything else, even AK.

Did you even read ANYTHING i posted? like at all?
I want PVP BGS to be actually PVP and not just a way to loot. Have some Faction vs Faction rewards for the wins they get in each BG each week etc, I want MORE people to join. Clearly you have either skimped my post or misunderstood me completely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lightsenshi said:

Oh, I read it entirely.   You want more pvp in battlegrounds... just pvp without objectives.

Again...pass.

When did i say without objectives? let me quote: "I feel like the bosses are out of place, they hold no real purpose to the PVP side of the BG aside from giving you loot "
We need more or better objectives than just killing a boss for loot and having no relation to anything in the actual battle ground aside from JUST that.  I mean really how many players are ACTUALLY there to fight each other and not just the boss loot?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's really what you think then you're entirely missing the purpose.    It's a fight for control of space and resources, which is why you win or loose by killing the bosses, not killing other characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nixel ur ideas are great but once worked out we all stay complaining about the game that it needs to change only thing i say now to the complaining ppl thnxx for trying to destroy sb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all i can say is : Play the game how it is, its not the bg`s that doessent work out its the players
in the old scarlet blade we had really nice pvp battles in bg
so why cant it be here?

the lack in this game is the players and not the source that we have to play it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, monoki said:

The current BGs AK and NB have alot of issues we all know this. Most of the time its 40 RG's vs 13 FKs
(or as recent numbers have shown 2FKs)

Biggest reason as we all know is looting

The biggest reason is the fact that RG have been willingly raping FK for several months in AK/NB while hiding in Amara base to do hound and wait for AK/NB while boycotting BG's.

Ofcourse FK will get bored and leave or make alts on the winning side when RG have shown absolutely no interest in balancing out pvp (except @limeox@DrDieLess) while getting players from FK due to FC simply because RG only show up to zerg in NB/AK leaving the other faction dead bored for all other activities in-game.

This topic isnt something that happened suddenly, RG have been winning the BG's you mentioned for months and I assume you're a RG so I find it hillariously ironic that you're bringing this topic up only now that your faction has no one to zerg against lol.

Join an hourly BG im sure theres plenty of FK willing to pvp with you, or maybe not anymore since many FK including myself have grown tired of getting kicked from equal number BG's every hour due to lack of participants while being zerged by twice our number in AK/NB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coctanic36 said:

 

The biggest reason is the fact that RG have been willingly raping FK for several months in AK/NB while hiding in Amara base to do hound and wait for AK/NB while boycotting BG's.

Ofcourse FK will get bored and leave or make alts on the winning side when RG have shown absolutely no interest in balancing out pvp (except @limeox@DrDieLess) while getting players from FK due to FC simply because RG only show up to zerg in NB/AK leaving the other faction dead bored for all other activities in-game.

This topic isnt something that happened suddenly, RG have been winning the BG's you mentioned for months and I assume you're a RG so I find it hillariously ironic that you're bringing this topic up only now that your faction has no one to zerg against lol.

Join an hourly BG im sure theres plenty of FK willing to pvp with you, or maybe not anymore since many FK including myself have grown tired of getting kicked from equal number BG's every hour due to lack of participants while being zerged by twice our number in AK/NB.

I'm actually a player of both factions and I brought this up because im tired of always winning and i fully understand why you guys don't go because I have friends on the FK side who have told me so. 

"In my opinion the reason for so few FK's and so many of then going to the RG side
is because with their current numbers its impossible for them
to contest the bosses and even harder to win the BG. 
This is their own fault of course but I can see why they do it" Quoting myself there where I clearly said I know why you guys don't show up. Im seriously getting tired of people not being able to read 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XplosiveShadow said:

all i can say is : Play the game how it is, its not the bg`s that doessent work out its the players
in the old scarlet blade we had really nice pvp battles in bg
so why cant it be here?

the lack in this game is the players and not the source that we have to play it

 

The FK players are tired of losing all the time and I don't blame them for not wanting to try anymore which is why I'm trying to throw out some suggestions to try and help them. They need more people on their side and right now they have no motive or reason to even try winning for their faction, if we give them one then they might try

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lightsenshi said:

If that's really what you think then you're entirely missing the purpose.    It's a fight for control of space and resources, which is why you win or loose by killing the bosses, not killing other characters.

Making the players fight over loot? yeah no wonder they go all time to the winning side. If thats the kind of PVP you think is ok then this game will never be fixed. If loot is the only objective then why play on the side that will always lose? that will always miss out?
see my point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Juliabonet said:

nixel ur ideas are great but once worked out we all stay complaining about the game that it needs to change only thing i say now to the complaining ppl thnxx for trying to destroy sb 

If we never try we wont know and right now the current situation is NOT working at all, the FK side of PVP is basically dead and everyone thinks thats ok? it's not, we need a change or this game will decline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You pretty much summed up why. When one faction has continually won a BG (referring to AK & NB specifically) for an extended period, it makes it hard for the other faction to rally back. When they do, however, sure makes for an interesting moment (this past Tuesday's AK was that type of moment, tomorrow should be interesting too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrDieLess said:

You pretty much summed up why. When one faction has continually won a BG (referring to AK & NB specifically) for an extended period, it makes it hard for the other faction to rally back. When they do, however, sure makes for an interesting moment (this past Tuesday's AK was that type of moment, tomorrow should be interesting too).

if we bring in something new like the ideas i suggested then it could potentially help like the weekly win point system and end of week rewards for kills and such during the BGs. Then maybe people will want to fight instead of switching to the winning side only, if they have no opponents then there's no reward points to receive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monoki said:

Making the players fight over loot? yeah no wonder they go all time to the winning side. If thats the kind of PVP you think is ok then this game will never be fixed. If loot is the only objective then why play on the side that will always lose? that will always miss out?
see my point?

Why bother fighting other players?  After all, there's plenty of opportunity for pvp to take place.

The reason that battlegrounds like janus are deserted is because the majority of the player base doesn't seem interested in pure pvp.   As far as I can tell, it's always the same thirty or so people doing BGs.    You're making a straw-man argument and acting like it's the end of the world...it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrDieLess said:

You pretty much summed up why. When one faction has continually won a BG (referring to AK & NB specifically) for an extended period, it makes it hard for the other faction to rally back. When they do, however, sure makes for an interesting moment (this past Tuesday's AK was that type of moment, tomorrow should be interesting too).

And yes, AK tuesday was interesting.    Now if only we could get that every time we have AK and NB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, monoki said:

ALSO LASTLY! can we PLEASE think about making a PVP thing with the race track in mereholt?! that would be so cool 

Unfortunately I can't do anything in regards to making that a PVP thing without making all of Bitterstone Base a pvp map, which wouldn't really work since each faction has their own version of the map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.