Sign in to follow this  
ZhangLiao

Craft Unique Scanner

Recommended Posts

Actually, Iwas thinking along the lines of Rare Scanners + Ancient Relics or something. What I would to see happen is allowing some of the currently useless junk to be somewhat useful. That's just me. Maybe add epoxies into the mix, like you're suggesting, as well.

Edited by Norleras
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now people feel someone's absence in TA... Karma for those of ya who held Jesse in derision.

That aside, crafting it may sound good but what ya guys suggestin do not make it accessible for lower levels. Its funny that unique delta gears sell 10g while scanners sell 200g. Every newbie can buy a uni delta but not all can use em, sad.

That said, my suggestion is to make those uni scanner drop in SF and all higher DGs.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sicat said:

Now people feel someone's absence in TA... Karma for those of ya who held Jesse in derision.

That aside, crafting it may sound good but what ya guys suggestin do not make it accessible for lower levels. Its funny that unique delta gears sell 10g while scanners sell 200g. Every newbie can buy a uni delta but not all can use em, sad.

That said, my suggestion is to make those uni scanner drop in SF and all higher DGs.

Let's see, you can't use Delta gear till you can enter Barb right? In Barb the 9 chest per channel do drop uni scanners. So, does DS, DTO, TA, AT, SS, and possibly IV. The 9 chests however don't require a lvl 39 character to attack and could be done with a lvl 30 character assuming that you don't get killed by mobs that surround them. I don't see a reason to make them something you can craft.

If a player is that desperate for them, I do have 99+ of them from looting them in the different DGs I mentioned. But still 18 chest per hour is still good odds of getting one, but people are impatient and need that scanner now. When really you will spend your time farming DGs for craft material to make them instead of farming DGs that will drop them? I scratch my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoddessSand said:

Let's see, you can't use Delta gear till you can enter Barb right? In Barb the 9 chest per channel do drop uni scanners. So, does DS, DTO, TA, AT, SS, and possibly IV. The 9 chests however don't require a lvl 39 character to attack and could be done with a lvl 30 character assuming that you don't get killed by mobs that surround them. I don't see a reason to make them something you can craft.

If a player is that desperate for them, I do have 99+ of them from looting them in the different DGs I mentioned. But still 18 chest per hour is still good odds of getting one, but people are impatient and need that scanner now. When really you will spend your time farming DGs for craft material to make them instead of farming DGs that will drop them? I scratch my head

Well, that is a lot of driving and not everyone knows where those boxes are.  Plus, that's not necessarily the best use of one's time.  Heck!  I don't even know where they all are.  Plus there is a need to take into account that the new players know about you.  Heck!  It from 29 cap to the near the end of ASB I didn't know you that well.  Can't necessarily expect a new player to learn about giving players in a timely manner.  Especially when most players aren't even on the maps the newbies are on.

Edited by Norleras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norleras said:

Well, that is a lot of driving and not everyone knows where those boxes are.  Plus, that's not necessarily the best use of one's time.  Heck!  I don't even know where they all are.  Plus there is a need to take into account that the new players know about you.  Heck!  It from 29 cap to the near the end of ASB I didn't know you that well.  Can't necessarily expect a new player to learn about giving players in a timely manner.  Especially when most players aren't even on the maps the newbies are on.

A shout goes a long ways.

But there was a post that labeled the locations of all the chests a long time ago so I had to go find it and here's the map. Those areas actually have 2 chest each location with 2 more over by the level 38 rust Blood Crushers on the right of the map before going up to the quietus. making 12 per channel for a total of 24 chests to farm.

Still don't think they need to be crafted since people can farm DTO or DS at the upper level, TA and SS in the 59 cap, and There's SS in the 49 cap. If people have to farm a DG for the crafting material they would more likely get the uni scanner before they had enough material to craft one. Currently DTO and DS aren't being farmed I believe because people don't need them like they do or would benefit more with farming TT. It would have people farm a variety of DGs just leaving them as is. unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody confirm that uni scanners really drop from these boxes? It used to be the case in early aeria times but i believe it was removed at some point and it‘s only a rumor ever since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Filomena said:

I still drop many scanners in Barbirion box. They are just Not Traadable.

Ok, then it‘s just my luck not dropping any in over two years.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've farmed those boxes, at least 50x each and only got 1 the entire time, the drop rate is very low or something. honestly i do agree for the crafting idea since it will make gaining them a lot easier and make it easier for free players to actually be able to use uni gears if they can't afford buying uni scanners in the ah after they bought the uni gears.

 

considering a rare scanner cost 1 gold, you'd also have to take into the account that level 30+ all have unis, with that i'd create a new npc in barb that made it possible for players to be able to craft them as well as the areas above for 40-49, 50-59 and 60+.

2 Ancient relics sounds reasonable with 2 rare scanners at the price of 10g per uni scanner crafted as well as them being NT.

 

If not this then a possible add to the drops for dungeons SF+ that give a decent % rate to recieve a NT scanner to go with the normal drop rate of a tradeable one that is still possible.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this