Clayton

Grand Fantasia~

Recommended Posts

Seems to me that this thread has been a large waste of time. The fact that both Jordan and Bash are using the exact same excuses is troubling. If both of you were only interested in what y’all wanted to do and had no concern for the community and their voices, then y’all should have said that at the very beginning. These people have rallied in support in bringing up a game that they want to see and y’all are too scared to give it a shot. Y’all should’ve used that courage you mustered up for Twin Saga on Grand Fantasia. Regardless of whether or not it fails, appeasing the community should be your #1 priority as Developers. It’s disappointing watching both of you trying to weasel your way out of bringing up a viable GF server.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shadow I wouldn't go to that level.. anything is business one has to weigh the cons and pros.. the risks of such.. and whether they have enough resources and would it benefit  on a whole.. now i understand it's always a risk but these things have to be considered..  VGN are short staffed and overworked and unhealthy which is a bad combination.. if they are going to take on any projects in that state .. all factors would have to point in the right direction.. which is what I assume bash was looking into as he stated.. making sure everything is right and that the server is not released " half assed" cause then I'm sure we'd all be pissed.. so allow them time and support man.. don't support the bashing and demotivating statements. I know some of us are frustrated but it doesn't help the situation.  

1 hour ago, ShadowNergii said:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ShadowNergii said:

Seems to me that this thread has been a large waste of time. The fact that both Jordan and Bash are using the exact same excuses is troubling. If both of you were only interested in what y’all wanted to do and had no concern for the community and their voices, then y’all should have said that at the very beginning. These people have rallied in support in bringing up a game that they want to see and y’all are too scared to give it a shot. Y’all should’ve used that courage you mustered up for Twin Saga on Grand Fantasia. Regardless of whether or not it fails, appeasing the community should be your #1 priority as Developers. It’s disappointing watching both of you trying to weasel your way out of bringing up a viable GF server.

Aside from the complete jibberish you're ranting on that I'm not even going to acknowledge at this point. I will just simply point out that Twin Saga was released here long before anyone ever suggested Grand Fantasia. Just saying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jordan said:

You say where no obligated but then you say it feels like a slap in the face when we don't open it. Those kinda go hand in hand of you feeling like you deserve a Grand Fantasia server just because there is some form of support behind it. Classic made sense because the work is already done, it has a set path and all we have to do is guide it that way. Theres no need for us to create massive dungeons that take 3 months to make and most the custom cosmetics are already ready to go as it shares the same files with our awaken. I'm not here saying its a breeze in the park but its a very different story running 2 version of the same game with minor differences and running 2 different games.

I'm overworked as it is, I don't just work on games here I have a real life job with real life things going for me and I personally pushed for Classic and I make time for it and when I didn't have real life work to do due to lockdowns and such I was pushing full work weeks into both servers (More than what would be considered a full work week). This was my free time and this was the time I could have been spending working on my self or playing games (Something people definitely didn't appreciate but whatever). So I'm sorry if you think thats me being selfish and not listening but quite honestly it was either "Classic Eden opens or it doesn't" and not "Should we open Grand Fantasia or should we open Classic Eden". Like I said you (the community) do not decide what games get opened and we shouldn't be reflected negatively for that, yes you can point us in the direction you want and give us reason to go that way but if it doesn't make sense for us or we don't have the capacity to do so we're not just going to go looking for someone to force a project and we're not going to put more strain on ourselves. Like whats stopping this so called leap of faith from running away with the files or someone who gives up and just leaves the game in a sitting ditch until its too late. Bash has been running this network for so many years and he's hosted many games, the amount of war stories this man has about being screwed over by even people he'd consider a close friends would suprise you. This isn't as simple as a job interview and are you qualified for the job as the skill to do the job is less important than the trust you need to earn the job (All it takes is 1 cog in the machine to break and everything about it tumbles down).

We are happy with the position we're in now and we don't need people telling us or implying that we have to open projects just because it was suggested. Grand Fantasia has always been a project at the forefront of all server discussions for the very reasons you pointed out. But again, unless we announce it and then cancel it before release, I don't see how you can feel slapped in the face as we've never said yes. To be quite honest its attitudes like this that will actually harm the chances of a game server. As this is one of the biggest stress points of both Scarlet Blade and Classic Eden. Where people begged for it for various reasons and then as soon as something isn't going their way they start acting like we've just punched them in face. People can sound as genuine as they like when suggesting but if history has taught us anything most of what people say is potentially going to fly straight through the window when we do 1 thing wrong and 10 things right.

 

Twin Saga failed for many reasons and to be quite honest it was getting better before it closed. It went from some days having about 0-4 active users at peak time to almost 100 active users at peak time before it closed. However, as you played it you probebly remember that we encountered a bug that would take far too many resources to fix and even then your looking at a couple of weeks of downtime to fix it properly. On a game that was already struggling that downtime would have killed it and honestly speaking theres not 100% guarantee that it would be fixed. If that crash didn't happen and I had my chance to keep it going I fully believe that game could have had a resurgance and still been alive to this day. I even have asked Bash in the past to maybe reopen this game at some point as I'd love to give it a go along with Aura Kingdom.

As for Classic Eden. Not really sure what you mean about take-off and not profitting? This game was smashing records on a daily basis for the first few months. We had yellow channels during the boss spawn events (something Awaken has never had even when it first opened). That game was booming and was in one of the most successful states Eden's been in for a long time. Yeh lately its calmed down, maybe a bit too much to where its concerning but most of the people who have quit Classic mainly quit due to boredom. You have the sore losers who cant win quit because they're bored of losing and you have the people who rush content so they have every awaken in a week and then they're bored again. The games over 10 years old and theres many newer and more refined versions of the game like Twin Saga and Aura Kingdom that are available. You have very successful mobile games that played in a similar fashion by X-Legend too like Aura Kingdom 2 and Laplace/Tales of Wind. Grand Fantasia will be no different, there will be 1000's of people who are itching to get started but 6 - 8 months later? I promise you there will be at best a quarter of w.e numbers we start with.

I'd also like to suggest that you should really stop comparing Classic to Grand Fantasia as again it puts a negative light on your suggestion. We had 100's of people suggestion Classic, we saw discords with 1000's of people forming when other people where potentially opening a new Eden Classic server but yet what happened? People loved it for the first few months, yeh there was complaints but what active games don't have complaints? Then what happened? Slowly over time the nostalgia declined, people went back to Awaken or back to w.e game they where playing before Classic opened. The games not dead thats for sure. But obviously we're not happy with the current state and the last thing we'd wanna do is open another game to each resources and end in the same boat. You could argue "Well Grand Fantasia wont be like that". But people said the same about Classic yet it happened.

I fully believe the above asside that Grand Fantasia isn't a bad project. But it's something I for one will not be involved with much unless both Eden servers are gone. I would also caution you to instead of trying to state why we've done you wrong and how we should do this and that maybe you should focus on the OP and place your support in the game. Cause from my perspective the way your going now is going to do nothing but harm the chances of a Grand Fantasia server.

 

So TL;DR

You can say we don't owe you anything but you then can act disrespected when we don't give it. It's either one or the other.

We have no reason to need to expand and if we are to expand we do it of our own choice and not because people think we have to.

Getting developers isn't a walk in the park and a CM who points the game in a direction only solves at best 50% of the work.

Twin Saga was a fail to a degree but was turning around. Classic was anything but a fail and only lately is going a bit down hill, mainly due to sore losers and nostalgia drying up.

Stop comparing the process behind Classic and Grand Fantasia as its only harming your point as if we knew how much stress, how much work and how fast the nostalgia will burn out before we opened we likely wouldn't have (This is not me saying I regret it, as I don't. But as mentioned in above responses my health took a massive hit because of Eden Classic).

I don't believe its a bad decision to open Grand Fantasia but I will have no part in it other than the odd help of pointing people the right ways in terms of development so that they don't run into problems later down the line. Unless Eden was gone, then maybe I would take on a new project if Bash where to open something else.

 

100% agree with this. 

 

@everyone else

You maybe have 2000+ users in discord, but thats no guarantee that 2000+ players will play the game in longtime. Most people give up at a certain point and just quit, for whatever reason and poof, half the peope will be gone within the first  few month's after release. Saw that too many times. 

And as i already said tons of times, healthiness comes first and you people who try to force them opening a complete different game and put pressure on the staff, need to learn to respect somebodys decission.

The Staff never said yes to open a GF Server, but still you just made a discord server with 2k+ people and created hope to all of those people, even when Bash said multiple times he just cant run the game, because he was already having health issues at this point and still yet you keep up the pressure on him and if you dont get what you want, you are going to act rude and disrespectful, like a child that doesnt get his lolipop when he wants.

Quote

Cause from my perspective the way your going now is going to do nothing but harm the chances of a Grand Fantasia server.

And tbh this was about to be expected. I wouldnt wonder if they will just put down the chances to 0, about the GF Server, since you guys are actually selfish, because you only think about what you or the "community" wants, but not what would be good for the Staff themselves - like getting rest and their health back- or even their own interests and things that make them happy.

Healthiness should always be the priority in everybodys life, no matter what!

I personally would not open a game/server if i have never played the game , so pretty much having no clue about the game itself and if i have no interest on the game or passion for it. And its nothing wrong about to have no interest or passion for a specific game. Its like apples and pears. Either you like it or not.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShadowNergii said:

Seems to me that this thread has been a large waste of time. The fact that both Jordan and Bash are using the exact same excuses is troubling. If both of you were only interested in what y’all wanted to do and had no concern for the community and their voices, then y’all should have said that at the very beginning. These people have rallied in support in bringing up a game that they want to see and y’all are too scared to give it a shot. Y’all should’ve used that courage you mustered up for Twin Saga on Grand Fantasia. Regardless of whether or not it fails, appeasing the community should be your #1 priority as Developers. It’s disappointing watching both of you trying to weasel your way out of bringing up a viable GF server.

I've already stated I will be looking into possibilities towards such a project. You're not really helping the case here by insulting us without understanding our position we are in. There is a reason we've not looked towards any new projects and it boils down to personnel. Sure you can say "hire some more people" but it's not that simple when you don't have physical presence. You place a lot of trust in people over the internet and generally over time, you find that you need projects in order to find people you may be able to trust and even then... it's a long shot.

Either way this response sums up our concerns for this project, we've seen how pushy the GF community appear to be and now you're spouting terms like "weasel your way out" paints a bad picture on how things will be dealt when you don't agree with decisions we make on such a project.

We owe you nothing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bash said:

I've already stated I will be looking into possibilities towards such a project. You're not really helping the case here by insulting us without understanding our position we are in. There is a reason we've not looked towards any new projects and it boils down to personnel. Sure you can say "hire some more people" but it's not that simple when you don't have physical presence. You place a lot of trust in people over the internet and generally over time, you find that you need projects in order to find people you may be able to trust and even then... it's a long shot.

Either way this response sums up our concerns for this project, we've seen how pushy the GF community appear to be and now you're spouting terms like "weasel your way out" paints a bad picture on how things will be dealt when you don't agree with decisions we make on such a project.

We owe you nothing.

I apologize for some people, but I understand the desperation, although it is not an excuse to be that pushy, and remember that a lot of eden players are grand fantasia players, we just want a good server =/. We understand that opening a grand fantasia server requires a lot of dedication and some sacrifices, we suport you guys, we just ask you to think carefully about the new grand fantasia vendetta. ^^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 3:02 AM, Jordan said:

You say where no obligated but then you say it feels like a slap in the face when we don't open it. Those kinda go hand in hand of you feeling like you deserve a Grand Fantasia server just because there is some form of support behind it. Classic made sense because the work is already done, it has a set path and all we have to do is guide it that way. Theres no need for us to create massive dungeons that take 3 months to make and most the custom cosmetics are already ready to go as it shares the same files with our awaken. I'm not here saying its a breeze in the park but its a very different story running 2 version of the same game with minor differences and running 2 different games.

I'm overworked as it is, I don't just work on games here I have a real life job with real life things going for me and I personally pushed for Classic and I make time for it and when I didn't have real life work to do due to lockdowns and such I was pushing full work weeks into both servers (More than what would be considered a full work week). This was my free time and this was the time I could have been spending working on my self or playing games (Something people definitely didn't appreciate but whatever). So I'm sorry if you think thats me being selfish and not listening but quite honestly it was either "Classic Eden opens or it doesn't" and not "Should we open Grand Fantasia or should we open Classic Eden". Like I said you (the community) do not decide what games get opened and we shouldn't be reflected negatively for that, yes you can point us in the direction you want and give us reason to go that way but if it doesn't make sense for us or we don't have the capacity to do so we're not just going to go looking for someone to force a project and we're not going to put more strain on ourselves. Like whats stopping this so called leap of faith from running away with the files or someone who gives up and just leaves the game in a sitting ditch until its too late. Bash has been running this network for so many years and he's hosted many games, the amount of war stories this man has about being screwed over by even people he'd consider a close friends would suprise you. This isn't as simple as a job interview and are you qualified for the job as the skill to do the job is less important than the trust you need to earn the job (All it takes is 1 cog in the machine to break and everything about it tumbles down).

We are happy with the position we're in now and we don't need people telling us or implying that we have to open projects just because it was suggested. Grand Fantasia has always been a project at the forefront of all server discussions for the very reasons you pointed out. But again, unless we announce it and then cancel it before release, I don't see how you can feel slapped in the face as we've never said yes. To be quite honest its attitudes like this that will actually harm the chances of a game server. As this is one of the biggest stress points of both Scarlet Blade and Classic Eden. Where people begged for it for various reasons and then as soon as something isn't going their way they start acting like we've just punched them in face. People can sound as genuine as they like when suggesting but if history has taught us anything most of what people say is potentially going to fly straight through the window when we do 1 thing wrong and 10 things right.

 

Twin Saga failed for many reasons and to be quite honest it was getting better before it closed. It went from some days having about 0-4 active users at peak time to almost 100 active users at peak time before it closed. However, as you played it you probebly remember that we encountered a bug that would take far too many resources to fix and even then your looking at a couple of weeks of downtime to fix it properly. On a game that was already struggling that downtime would have killed it and honestly speaking theres not 100% guarantee that it would be fixed. If that crash didn't happen and I had my chance to keep it going I fully believe that game could have had a resurgance and still been alive to this day. I even have asked Bash in the past to maybe reopen this game at some point as I'd love to give it a go along with Aura Kingdom.

As for Classic Eden. Not really sure what you mean about take-off and not profitting? This game was smashing records on a daily basis for the first few months. We had yellow channels during the boss spawn events (something Awaken has never had even when it first opened). That game was booming and was in one of the most successful states Eden's been in for a long time. Yeh lately its calmed down, maybe a bit too much to where its concerning but most of the people who have quit Classic mainly quit due to boredom. You have the sore losers who cant win quit because they're bored of losing and you have the people who rush content so they have every awaken in a week and then they're bored again. The games over 10 years old and theres many newer and more refined versions of the game like Twin Saga and Aura Kingdom that are available. You have very successful mobile games that played in a similar fashion by X-Legend too like Aura Kingdom 2 and Laplace/Tales of Wind. Grand Fantasia will be no different, there will be 1000's of people who are itching to get started but 6 - 8 months later? I promise you there will be at best a quarter of w.e numbers we start with.

I'd also like to suggest that you should really stop comparing Classic to Grand Fantasia as again it puts a negative light on your suggestion. We had 100's of people suggestion Classic, we saw discords with 1000's of people forming when other people where potentially opening a new Eden Classic server but yet what happened? People loved it for the first few months, yeh there was complaints but what active games don't have complaints? Then what happened? Slowly over time the nostalgia declined, people went back to Awaken or back to w.e game they where playing before Classic opened. The games not dead thats for sure. But obviously we're not happy with the current state and the last thing we'd wanna do is open another game to each resources and end in the same boat. You could argue "Well Grand Fantasia wont be like that". But people said the same about Classic yet it happened.

I fully believe the above asside that Grand Fantasia isn't a bad project. But it's something I for one will not be involved with much unless both Eden servers are gone. I would also caution you to instead of trying to state why we've done you wrong and how we should do this and that maybe you should focus on the OP and place your support in the game. Cause from my perspective the way your going now is going to do nothing but harm the chances of a Grand Fantasia server.

 

So TL;DR

You can say we don't owe you anything but you then can act disrespected when we don't give it. It's either one or the other.

We have no reason to need to expand and if we are to expand we do it of our own choice and not because people think we have to.

Getting developers isn't a walk in the park and a CM who points the game in a direction only solves at best 50% of the work.

Twin Saga was a fail to a degree but was turning around. Classic was anything but a fail and only lately is going a bit down hill, mainly due to sore losers and nostalgia drying up.

Stop comparing the process behind Classic and Grand Fantasia as its only harming your point as if we knew how much stress, how much work and how fast the nostalgia will burn out before we opened we likely wouldn't have (This is not me saying I regret it, as I don't. But as mentioned in above responses my health took a massive hit because of Eden Classic).

I don't believe its a bad decision to open Grand Fantasia but I will have no part in it other than the odd help of pointing people the right ways in terms of development so that they don't run into problems later down the line. Unless Eden was gone, then maybe I would take on a new project if Bash where to open something else.

 

Yes.

In my opinion GF private server could be good to open rn but the best is just to wait until the game gets shut down. because people can only choose between never GF again, a trashy pserver which might not survive this long and a prolly good pserver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been quiet in my own corner but I think it's time for me to express the community's opinion. Don't take this like a personal attack or hate towards VGN, it's just everyone's opinion on this whole GF situation.
All I've read so far Is excuses after excuses, you guys can blame it on the lack of time, irl problems, irl work and all that when you're talking about a hobby. This is not a hobby, this is a business, therefore those excuses like that are not allowed. The lack of staff only reflects on the bad management of the team, and that "trust" issue is nothing but bullshit (sorry the language). I've played all VGN servers for a long time, and let me tell you, you guys do a good job when it comes to making servers. Could be better? Yes. But their good servers, and that's enough. What can I tell from all these years of being a ghost in VGN forums... well I can easily tell that VGN is not going to last long, all your servers are dead (stop lying about the servers being good population wise, we all know they're not) and if you guys keep on creating excuses after excuses your end is near. I've been working with game development and game publishing for years now (me and loads more members of the community) and we all share the same opinion, that you guys have the biggest opportunity you will ever have to rise above everything and make VGN bigger than ever. EE awaken was a good idea, not the greatest but not the worst. It worked. EE classic... nobody asked for it... And TS ... well we all know what that was. The truth is EE awaken has an OK population, EE classic wont last long and with that said VGN wont last long either. We all don't understand why you guys refuse on creating a server that is almost guaranteed success. Almost every EE Player is a GF Player, we got 1.5k members on a discord server in 4/5 days without much effort, people that want a GF server and would play and spend on it. Those 1.5k is already more than all your servers combined, and if you know GF's community you know that we can easily get around 10k people interested on a server like that.The only issue I see here is your guys lack of knowledge in the game, which isn't a problem, the community could help and you would certainly find qualified people to help you with those issues. In my opinion and everyone's opinion, you guys are just wasting your and our time, and loosing the biggest opportunity you will ever have. With this, I said a little bit of how we all feel about all your excuses (cause that's what they are). We understand that u guys have a life and problems, but we all do, and life doesn't stop because of it, this is a business not a hobby. I really hope you guys reconsider and choose the right thing to do. Once again this is not and attack or hate towards you guys, it's just how we feel when we keep listening excuses for years upon years. Thanks for the attention.
Uneathen#1404

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Uneathen said:

I've been quiet in my own corner but I think it's time for me to express the community's opinion. Don't take this like a personal attack or hate towards VGN, it's just everyone's opinion on this whole GF situation.
All I've read so far Is excuses after excuses, you guys can blame it on the lack of time, irl problems, irl work and all that when you're talking about a hobby. This is not a hobby, this is a business, therefore those excuses like that are not allowed. The lack of staff only reflects on the bad management of the team, and that "trust" issue is nothing but bullshit (sorry the language). I've played all VGN servers for a long time, and let me tell you, you guys do a good job when it comes to making servers. Could be better? Yes. But their good servers, and that's enough. What can I tell from all these years of being a ghost in VGN forums... well I can easily tell that VGN is not going to last long, all your servers are dead (stop lying about the servers being good population wise, we all know they're not) and if you guys keep on creating excuses after excuses your end is near. I've been working with game development and game publishing for years now (me and loads more members of the community) and we all share the same opinion, that you guys have the biggest opportunity you will ever have to rise above everything and make VGN bigger than ever. EE awaken was a good idea, not the greatest but not the worst. It worked. EE classic... nobody asked for it... And TS ... well we all know what that was. The truth is EE awaken has an OK population, EE classic wont last long and with that said VGN wont last long either. We all don't understand why you guys refuse on creating a server that is almost guaranteed success. Almost every EE Player is a GF Player, we got 1.5k members on a discord server in 4/5 days without much effort, people that want a GF server and would play and spend on it. Those 1.5k is already more than all your servers combined, and if you know GF's community you know that we can easily get around 10k people interested on a server like that.The only issue I see here is your guys lack of knowledge in the game, which isn't a problem, the community could help and you would certainly find qualified people to help you with those issues. In my opinion and everyone's opinion, you guys are just wasting your and our time, and loosing the biggest opportunity you will ever have. With this, I said a little bit of how we all feel about all your excuses (cause that's what they are). We understand that u guys have a life and problems, but we all do, and life doesn't stop because of it, this is a business not a hobby. I really hope you guys reconsider and choose the right thing to do. Once again this is not and attack or hate towards you guys, it's just how we feel when we keep listening excuses for years upon years. Thanks for the attention.
Uneathen#1404

Dude are you drunken? 

Even if you have 1,5k people on a discord server, you cant guarantee that they will stay. Most people quit after a few weeks after release. And dont tell me its not true. I have seen this so many times in different games over the past 10 years.

The other thing is , i dont know where you wanna get 10k people from. Thats nothing but a wet dream that wont come true. GF had its glory times, but its the past. It will never shine again like it did before. This game is simply too old and there are a lot better games to play, what people actually do.

And no, you are wrong, Vgn is not a business, it is a hobby, since they do it in their free time, they do not get a paycheck at the end of every month, so you are wrong + they have rl jobs.  

The right thing to do is, that they have to care about themselves and their lifes. About what makes them happy and what they enjoy. Not what some random people wants on internet. It sounds hard and rough, but its the truth. I mean at the end its their own decission what they gonna do with their freetime and Server right? You actually keep forcing them, trying to push them into the direction you want, without thinking whats best for them.

And why should they open a game, if they have no knowledge about it? You say there are people who would like to help, but how can vgn staffmembers know, if they can trust them or not? This Thread already showed how "pushy" the GF Community is - in Bash's words-  and would be in future and as Bash also said, people wont agree with decissions they make on such a project.

 

Tbh as Jordan already mentioned, i would prefer to get back Nostale or TS, instead of having a GF Server with such a community already. 

 

And to quote you:

Quote

We understand that u guys have a life and problems, but we all do, and life doesn't stop because of it,

We understand that you guys wanna have a GF Server, but life doesnt stop if you won't get one.

And btw. RL is never an excuse!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Uneathen said:

I've been quiet in my own corner but I think it's time for me to express the community's opinion. Don't take this like a personal attack or hate towards VGN, it's just everyone's opinion on this whole GF situation.
All I've read so far Is excuses after excuses, you guys can blame it on the lack of time, irl problems, irl work and all that when you're talking about a hobby. This is not a hobby, this is a business, therefore those excuses like that are not allowed. The lack of staff only reflects on the bad management of the team, and that "trust" issue is nothing but bullshit (sorry the language). I've played all VGN servers for a long time, and let me tell you, you guys do a good job when it comes to making servers. Could be better? Yes. But their good servers, and that's enough. What can I tell from all these years of being a ghost in VGN forums... well I can easily tell that VGN is not going to last long, all your servers are dead (stop lying about the servers being good population wise, we all know they're not) and if you guys keep on creating excuses after excuses your end is near. I've been working with game development and game publishing for years now (me and loads more members of the community) and we all share the same opinion, that you guys have the biggest opportunity you will ever have to rise above everything and make VGN bigger than ever. EE awaken was a good idea, not the greatest but not the worst. It worked. EE classic... nobody asked for it... And TS ... well we all know what that was. The truth is EE awaken has an OK population, EE classic wont last long and with that said VGN wont last long either. We all don't understand why you guys refuse on creating a server that is almost guaranteed success. Almost every EE Player is a GF Player, we got 1.5k members on a discord server in 4/5 days without much effort, people that want a GF server and would play and spend on it. Those 1.5k is already more than all your servers combined, and if you know GF's community you know that we can easily get around 10k people interested on a server like that.The only issue I see here is your guys lack of knowledge in the game, which isn't a problem, the community could help and you would certainly find qualified people to help you with those issues. In my opinion and everyone's opinion, you guys are just wasting your and our time, and loosing the biggest opportunity you will ever have. With this, I said a little bit of how we all feel about all your excuses (cause that's what they are). We understand that u guys have a life and problems, but we all do, and life doesn't stop because of it, this is a business not a hobby. I really hope you guys reconsider and choose the right thing to do. Once again this is not and attack or hate towards you guys, it's just how we feel when we keep listening excuses for years upon years. Thanks for the attention.
Uneathen#1404

What an incredibly uninformed post. If I were Bash or Jordan I wouldn't want to run a Grand Fantasia server because this thread shows how annoying and accusatory your community is. Why would they want to deal with 1.5k of you talking about things you know nothing about with an actual server running when you're already so obnoxious while there isn't one 😹

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BoxBox said:

Dude are you drunken? 

Even if you have 1,5k people on a discord server, you cant guarantee that they will stay. Most people quit after a few weeks after release. And dont tell me its not true. I have seen this so many times in different games over the past 10 years.

The other thing is , i dont know where you wanna get 10k people from. Thats nothing but a wet dream that wont come true. GF had its glory times, but its the past. It will never shine again like it did before. This game is simply too old and there are a lot better games to play, what people actually do.

And no, you are wrong, Vgn is not a business, it is a hobby, since they do it in their free time, they do not get a paycheck at the end of every month, so you are wrong + they have rl jobs.  

The right thing to do is, that they have to care about themselves and their lifes. About what makes them happy and what they enjoy. Not what some random people wants on internet. It sounds hard and rough, but its the truth. I mean at the end its their own decission what they gonna do with their freetime and Server right? You actually keep forcing them, trying to push them into the direction you want, without thinking whats best for them.

And why should they open a game, if they have no knowledge about it? You say there are people who would like to help, but how can vgn staffmembers know, if they can trust them or not? This Thread already showed how "pushy" the GF Community is - in Bash's words-  and would be in future and as Bash also said, people wont agree with decissions they make on such a project.

 

Tbh as Jordan already mentioned, i would prefer to get back Nostale or TS, instead of having a GF Server with such a community already. 

 

And to quote you:

We understand that you guys wanna have a GF Server, but life doesnt stop if you won't get one.

And btw. RL is never an excuse!

 

 

"Dude are you drunken? "
~ First of all, let's not get personal. I'm not here attacking anyone, I'm just expressing how the community feels.

"Even if you have 1,5k people on a discord server, you cant guarantee that they will stay. Most people quit after a few weeks after release. And dont tell me its not true. I have seen this so many times in different games over the past 10 years."
I said I have 1.5k at the moment, but that's a number we can easily increase to over 10k if we get a confirmation, and I do understand that people tend to quit on the first month of the server, but that only depends on how good/bad the server is, and from that phrase I can see that either you never played GF before, or you don't know a thing about this community, I believe that some people would leave early on, yes, but the majority would stay just because we've been wanting this for years, and the current servers aren't the best.

"The other thing is , i dont know where you wanna get 10k people from. Thats nothing but a wet dream that wont come true. GF had its glory times, but its the past. It will never shine again like it did before. This game is simply too old and there are a lot better games to play, what people actually do."
~ With that I can see how little you know this community and how blind you are about this whole project in general, so I wont comment about this.

"And no, you are wrong, Vgn is not a business, it is a hobby, since they do it in their free time, they do not get a paycheck at the end of every month, so you are wrong + they have rl jobs."
~ Another thing you are completely wrong at. They are a business just for the fact that they profit out of this. They have the opportunity to profit out of a game like they never had before. GF has loads of whales (people who spend a lot of money on the game), and if they consider this a hobby, it just show's how bad this management is (again not an attack, just the reflection of their attitudes into the community).

"The right thing to do is, that they have to care about themselves and their lifes. About what makes them happy and what they enjoy. Not what some random people wants on internet. It sounds hard and rough, but its the truth. I mean at the end its their own decission what they gonna do with their freetime and Server right? You actually keep forcing them, trying to push them into the direction you want, without thinking whats best for them."
~ The right thing to do if they want to keep VGN alive, is to listen to what their community says and wants. Thats how a publisher should work. By doing what they're doing they're just turning into Aeria Games 2.0. You're looking at my post like if it was an attack, and I repeat, it's not an attack to VGN, we're just way too tired of asking for a GF private server for over 5 years (or way more than 5 years to be honest). And once again I'm not forcing anyone to anything, I speak to people all day about this, and they are desperate for a GF server to come up. And believe me when I say this, this is what is best for VGN, this would give VGN a life they never had before, a success way bigger than they ever had. Guaranteed.

"And why should they open a game, if they have no knowledge about it? You say there are people who would like to help, but how can vgn staffmembers know, if they can trust them or not? This Thread already showed how "pushy" the GF Community is - in Bash's words-  and would be in future and as Bash also said, people wont agree with decissions they make on such a project."
~ Whenever you don't have knowledge about something you seek to learn it or find someone who has it. The world isn't a sea of roses and rainbows, if they don't take risks or big steps, they don't move from wherever they are and they take the risk to take one step behind. Another thing you can't do is call the GF community "pushy". We've been waiting for years upon years without pushing anything, what we're doing here is just trying for once, to make VGN listen to us and do what their own community wants. And whether people agree or disagree with whatever decisions bash would do about this project, he would never know before he did those same decisions. Just by confirming that you would be making a GF server, the whole community would focus on VGN and try to help the best way they could.

"Tbh as Jordan already mentioned, i would prefer to get back Nostale or TS, instead of having a GF Server with such a community already."
~ By reading such thing, I can already tell that you are extremely clueless in here. Nostale or TS would be just another dead server, and nobody is asking for one (the same thing that happened with EE classic, nobody asked for one). And why would they focus on games that nobody wants to play? Well, your judgment not mine, but you certainly never worked in the area and even more certainly don't know a thing about what you are talking about. (again, not a personal attack)

I just replied because loads of people messaged me about it, and I also didn't agree with whatever you said. People are sad and desperate for a server. If that's too hard to understand for you BoxBox, then you should never come back to this topic again. I didn't mean to attack or offend anyone with this post, this is just arguments, I don't have anything against anyone or anything.
Thanks a lot for your attention.
Uneathen#1404

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uneathen said:

 

I mean you say your not attacking people but then you pretty much are.

Also you're very delusional if you think a private server of a game like Grand Fantasia will get 10k players. You have much better games with private servers that don't even get half that. Don't kid yourself.

Also I don't remember saying anything but NosTale. However, that game wasn't dead by any means and had more players then every other game on this network at its very best (I mean highest number ever recorded) on a daily basis. So clearly you are just spouting nonsense.

However, congratulations. Even if EE closes I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole now cause its just not worth the headaches. Maybe Bash will be a bit more understanding of you but I had enough headaches with Eden Classic. I'm not going to subject myself to a community that acts as entitled as you are right now.

So good luck!

 

Also, just because somethings a hobby doesn't mean you can't profit off it. I cant speak for Bash and Vivi but this a hobby for me. So please do not talk as if you understand how my life works as you have no clue. 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Uneathen

 

My god and I thought that NosTale community was toxic but seems like GF community isn’t any better… After Bash mentioned that he started taking a look to this project you guys start saying these things really blows my mind. Idk man but after seeing that your words represent a huge part of the GF community (as you mentioned) if I were the one about to host GF I wouldn’t want to deal with such a community.

Also, NosTale dead game? XD when it had hundreds and hundreds of players each day after its release; this alongside the other things that you said shows that you know nothing about VGN.

I won’t go any deeper in the EE classic situation as I’m not familiar with the game but if Jordan wanted to host that game (which was ‘easier’ than hosting a brand new game as there is another version of the same game currently running on VGN) and also the community was asking for it, sounds like the right decision regardless the numbers that it’s currently having; so don’t imply that it was a mistake.

You are also constantly talking like if Jordan or any other VGN staff owes you anything when obviously it’s not like that.

P.S. Its quite funny how you keep saying that ‘this is not a personal attack to VGN staff’ when that’s exactly what you have been doing.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its honestly embarrassing how childish the GF Community acts. Yeah, we'd all like to have a good server, but just as Bash said, they owe us nothing. I don't even understand why you are still arguing. Bash said he will look into it, its not a no (but if he sais no we do have to live with that). 

Starting a GF server could be a big success, yeah, and I'm pretty sure that many people would spend their money on it, but would you cut off one of your arms only because someone offers you 50000€/$/whatever for it? I don't think so. And reading what Jordan said about his months of working that much it seems exactly like that. Cutting off a part of your life (freetime, health, whatever) only because someone else wants it from you.

I don't know about EE Classics playerbase, but I did learn basic behaviour and I know that asking politely gets you further than arguing about every little thing and insulting VGNs achievements..

Just let the VGN Staff decide if they want to start another game and live with what they tell you. You're not going to change their decisions by being rude and getting on their nerves.

I hope Bash can see a little more about this game and not only those few "pushy" people in this forum, because many of us would just be extremely happy and thankful for a good managed server.

Thx for your attention.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Uneathen said:

"Dude are you drunken? "
~ First of all, let's not get personal. I'm not here attacking anyone, I'm just expressing how the community feels.

"Even if you have 1,5k people on a discord server, you cant guarantee that they will stay. Most people quit after a few weeks after release. And dont tell me its not true. I have seen this so many times in different games over the past 10 years."
I said I have 1.5k at the moment, but that's a number we can easily increase to over 10k if we get a confirmation, and I do understand that people tend to quit on the first month of the server, but that only depends on how good/bad the server is, and from that phrase I can see that either you never played GF before, or you don't know a thing about this community, I believe that some people would leave early on, yes, but the majority would stay just because we've been wanting this for years, and the current servers aren't the best.

"The other thing is , i dont know where you wanna get 10k people from. Thats nothing but a wet dream that wont come true. GF had its glory times, but its the past. It will never shine again like it did before. This game is simply too old and there are a lot better games to play, what people actually do."
~ With that I can see how little you know this community and how blind you are about this whole project in general, so I wont comment about this.

"And no, you are wrong, Vgn is not a business, it is a hobby, since they do it in their free time, they do not get a paycheck at the end of every month, so you are wrong + they have rl jobs."
~ Another thing you are completely wrong at. They are a business just for the fact that they profit out of this. They have the opportunity to profit out of a game like they never had before. GF has loads of whales (people who spend a lot of money on the game), and if they consider this a hobby, it just show's how bad this management is (again not an attack, just the reflection of their attitudes into the community).

"The right thing to do is, that they have to care about themselves and their lifes. About what makes them happy and what they enjoy. Not what some random people wants on internet. It sounds hard and rough, but its the truth. I mean at the end its their own decission what they gonna do with their freetime and Server right? You actually keep forcing them, trying to push them into the direction you want, without thinking whats best for them."
~ The right thing to do if they want to keep VGN alive, is to listen to what their community says and wants. Thats how a publisher should work. By doing what they're doing they're just turning into Aeria Games 2.0. You're looking at my post like if it was an attack, and I repeat, it's not an attack to VGN, we're just way too tired of asking for a GF private server for over 5 years (or way more than 5 years to be honest). And once again I'm not forcing anyone to anything, I speak to people all day about this, and they are desperate for a GF server to come up. And believe me when I say this, this is what is best for VGN, this would give VGN a life they never had before, a success way bigger than they ever had. Guaranteed.

"And why should they open a game, if they have no knowledge about it? You say there are people who would like to help, but how can vgn staffmembers know, if they can trust them or not? This Thread already showed how "pushy" the GF Community is - in Bash's words-  and would be in future and as Bash also said, people wont agree with decissions they make on such a project."
~ Whenever you don't have knowledge about something you seek to learn it or find someone who has it. The world isn't a sea of roses and rainbows, if they don't take risks or big steps, they don't move from wherever they are and they take the risk to take one step behind. Another thing you can't do is call the GF community "pushy". We've been waiting for years upon years without pushing anything, what we're doing here is just trying for once, to make VGN listen to us and do what their own community wants. And whether people agree or disagree with whatever decisions bash would do about this project, he would never know before he did those same decisions. Just by confirming that you would be making a GF server, the whole community would focus on VGN and try to help the best way they could.

"Tbh as Jordan already mentioned, i would prefer to get back Nostale or TS, instead of having a GF Server with such a community already."
~ By reading such thing, I can already tell that you are extremely clueless in here. Nostale or TS would be just another dead server, and nobody is asking for one (the same thing that happened with EE classic, nobody asked for one). And why would they focus on games that nobody wants to play? Well, your judgment not mine, but you certainly never worked in the area and even more certainly don't know a thing about what you are talking about. (again, not a personal attack)

I just replied because loads of people messaged me about it, and I also didn't agree with whatever you said. People are sad and desperate for a server. If that's too hard to understand for you BoxBox, then you should never come back to this topic again. I didn't mean to attack or offend anyone with this post, this is just arguments, I don't have anything against anyone or anything.
Thanks a lot for your attention.
Uneathen#1404

You know nothing about me and still you judge, and es, you are actually attacking in your posts, you just dont wanna face the truth.

I played Offi GF since closed beta until the shut down/merge of EU server, after that i joined US Server for around 4 and a half years. So dont fucking dare to say i have no clue about GF. I have been invited to teh Discord Server when it just stated, but i refused to join, because of people liek you. 

10k players are a dream, Thats a fact and even Jordan says the same. Stop lying to yourself or the rest of your GF community.

You guys are rude and disrespectful. You try to sugarcoat a game that was released in.2009. Its glory times are over.

Also, no one currently wants to deal with your pushy and toxic community already. Even as a player i wouldnt want to deal with toxicity and unnecessary stress.

You are just talking nonsense, to yourself and to all the others and you are minimizing the chances of a GF Server at to 0.

An if i see your argument about whats best and what not for vgn, i just see how delusional you are. RL comes first, no matter what! And the best is always things, that they do enjoy. Its their lifes, their free time, their health, which they sacrifice , not yours. 

And who do you think you are, to tell me or anyone else, to never come back to this Topic? This is a public forums. If you cant deal with a rejection, than its your problem and maybe you should be the one, who shouldnt continue posting on this topic.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.