Discord and GS

Beau

I would recommend to have an official faction discord that is runned by GS and is recognized by GMs and if possible include them in the discord. I would also suggest to have a Dedicated GS in a specific faction instead of GS having toon in both sides.

I disagree with GS faction only because GS's are supposed to be neutrally bias towards any faction. Example, if a GS was to just support FK, they would do events specifically for boosting FK players and look for ways to block RGs from doing much to win. The roll of a GS isn't supposed to be faction leaders, they help facilitate game play so that they can monitor if the players are all obeying rules, help players who are struggling with game stuff, and report when something is going wrong. They aren't supposed to be there to give one faction anything other than information/Help and make sure rules are followed.

Having an official faction discord is an interesting concept as I think players who create faction discord like to kick players of the faction out or even those who play both sides from joining in their faction discord due to insecurities they have about "spies" which is funny especially when players shout and the other faction sees that shout while in suer, DL, and DV ad they just let the other faction know they are taking a boss. I just stopped using discord myself as it seems pretty pointless and waste of my pc resources(though i can run it and others easily) as well as getting tired of notifications popping up while playing. So, not sure why there needs to be an official faction discord.

13 hours ago, Norleras said:

Besides, there's always the FK Discord run by Ninja and Deez.

I've heard of there being a Happy Guild Discord as well. Dunno who is running that, though

Happy Guild discord is not the entire RG discord. We wouldn't accept any RG into our discord because it's a discord for our guild members and very specific, trusted individuals. We're not all of RG, nor are we trying to be, nor do we want to be.

I agree with Sand. Distrust between certain players and unnecessary faction hatred makes it so faction specific discords are more likely to breed malice. Both sides seem to be wary of "spies", which I find weird. Not sure why you need to hide stuff or be super secretive in a game like this.

I'm of the opinion that all GSs should have toons on both sides and play on both sides often. Seeing GSs play on one side gives the impression of a perceived bias towards that one side, even though there may not be any. And perception matters to players. Because of strange faction secrecy, trust is important.

12 hours ago, Juniper said:

Happy Guild discord is not the entire RG discord. We wouldn't accept any RG into our discord because it's a discord for our guild members and very specific, trusted individuals. We're not all of RG, nor are we trying to be, nor do we want to be.

I agree with Sand. Distrust between certain players and unnecessary faction hatred makes it so faction specific discords are more likely to breed malice. Both sides seem to be wary of "spies", which I find weird. Not sure why you need to hide stuff or be super secretive in a game like this.

I'm of the opinion that all GSs should have toons on both sides and play on both sides often. Seeing GSs play on one side gives the impression of a perceived bias towards that one side, even though there may not be any. And perception matters to players. Because of strange faction secrecy, trust is important.

Then I stand corrected as I know little about that guild discord.

Please use the VGN discord to chat and communicate across both factions. Please bare in mind that in game rivalries should not escalate. Keep the VGN discord cordial and friendly for all. Thank you kindly and most importantly, have fun. That is the point XDD

VGN discord is https://discord.gg/SbyMBcN

Please allocate yourself to SB by typing in the #welcome-channel

.iam Scarlet Blade

Edited by Cuddle
adding VGN discord key

• Cuddle locked this topic